[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this a meme drink or is it actually good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 6

File: Cerveza_corona.jpg (542KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
Cerveza_corona.jpg
542KB, 1536x2048px
Is this a meme drink or is it actually good?
>>
its a mom drink, not a meme drink

its pretty bad, even amongst mass produced lagers. Its pretty much the Apple of shitty lager, more expensive and even worse than most of the others
>>
>>7204824
it's pretty much spoiled/"skunked" 100% of the time and that's why people add lemon or lime to it, to cover up that taste. beer in clear glass is more likely to spoil, since light spoils beer.
>>
>>7204824
I like pacifico when it come to Mexican beer.
>>
>>7204835
seriously though, why do they use clear bottles when it so clearly effects the quality. Not that it would be remotely good in any kind of container

High Life is literally the only beer than can pull of the clear bottles as they have chemically removed the chemical responsible for skunking in their hop extract
>>
>>7204840
The worst thing about going to a mexican restaurants, is that they are the only ones that do not consistently have excellent beer selection, I have to go with mediocre Negra Model most of the time, or if I am lucky the local craft beer flagship
>>
what's wrong with a little skunky flavor I think that's what makes it good and with lime it has a pretty good flavor.
>>
>>7204835
how do you get the lime out when you wanna recycle dat shit
>>
>>7204880
are limes not recyclable?
>>
>>7204880
with acid and spinning
>>
>>7204854
oh you poor thing
>>
>>7204933
I man every other restaurant, even otherwise terrible ones have good beer these days, why do so many Mexican restaurants have so much trouble with it? I don't want a god damned margarita or terrible lager
>>
>>7204869
>what's wrong with a little skunky flavor
it's spoiled. it's okay if you personally like it, but it's still spoiled beer.
>>
>>7204824
you can have any brew you want, as long as it's this filthy mexican pisswater
>>
>>7204824
Bottled beer that comes in clear glass gets "skunky" fast. Meaning it starts to smell and taste sour and hoppy. It's nasty. Light penetrates the clear glass and "skunks" the beer.

Corona is one of these.

If you get it fresh, and it hasn't been exposed to a lot of light, it's good.
>>
>>7204983
>If you get it fresh, and it hasn't been exposed to a lot of light, it's good.
not really though
>>
>>7204824
Its bad. Its marginally ok for day drinking on the beach in the sun because its fairly light. but its mostly piss
>>
>>7204920
thats a good trick
>>
>>7204824
It was bad even back when "imported" beers were rare; people just drank it for a change of pace.

Now you can get 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000 kinds of beer from any country and most are better than Corona.
>>
>hurrrr durrr is this a meme

You should test to see pouring a pound of salt over your own open wound is a meme
>>
>>7204840
pacifico is one of my favourite beers of all time

been sober for a year, i'd probably drink a pacifico or a yuengling if I ever came across one here in canada
>>
File: N-1_Starfighter.png (884KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
N-1_Starfighter.png
884KB, 1024x768px
>>7205079
Little Ani sayys:
>Oh you!!
>>
Pretty good with lemon or lime. Wouldn't drink it otherwise.
>>
> he puts fruit in his beer
>>
>>7205079
for you
>>
Meme. I'm friends with a bunch of first gen wetbacks and they all drink buwieser. They tell me even in Mexico bud is more popular and expensive and they think only gringos like corona.
>>
Mexican piss water. No thanks.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2456x1913px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2456x1913px
>>7204824
It's pretty gross.
Meme drinks should just be nice to drink, like vodka cruisers
>>
>>7205199
>>7205170
what is the best beers to buy? I have tried heineken so far which I did not like and, corona was better than that.
>>
It beats Bud anything.
>>
File: 4.jpg (48KB, 469x366px) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
48KB, 469x366px
>>7204849
Because the yellow colour is appetizing
>>
sex on a canoe
>>
the only time the cardboard, "skunky" flavor works is if you are using it to chase with tequila. this is a combination a friend, a srs party drinkr girl showed me:
>bottle of tequila
>a mexican beer
>salt and limes
dip licked finger into salt, rub on tongue, bite lime slice, immediately take big shot of tequila, then chase as quickly or as later afterward with the mexican beer.
tecate tastes the same as corona but is a little muskier. negro modelo has a richer, better flavor, but more expensive. can't really think of any others, indio?

anyway coronas became a meme in the 90s and everyone knows they are true meme-tier beer. has nothing to do with mexicans and everything to do with americans
>>
>>7204824
if you add lime it's god tier but without it: it's mexican piss water.
>>
>>7205808
>corona
>mexican

don't be so stupid
>>
>>7205831
their brewery might not be but they're mainly produced and consumed in mehico.
>>
>>7204824
Absolutely disgusting
It's one of the few beers I'll refuse to drink even if it's free
If I have to drink a Mexican beer I'll take modelo which is actually pretty decent for the price
>>
>>7204824
It's fucking shit. Even Mexicans don't fucking drink it and would prefer Tecate over that.

Dos Equis is probably the only drink that somewhat lives up to it's expectations. But Corona is piss in a bottle bad making Bud Light better.
>>
>>7205133
this
>>
>>7205893
Is Dos Equis really that much better than Corona?

I need to know before I decide to try and switch over.

I love Coronas.
>>
>>7205390
My personal favorite is Landshark but then again I haven't had many different kinds.
>>
>>7206358
It's a totally different type of beer. You probably won't like it if you like Coronas but it is a better beer.
>>
>>7205401
oh shit, mind blown
>>
>>7206387
As long as it tastes better than Shitweiser.
I have a varied palate, but certain tastes I just refuse to accustom myself to.
>>
>>7206406
I don't really drink beer, and have generally disliked those that I have tried. Dos Equis is palatable. Like, if I was offered one I'd drink it, and not be unhappy about it.
>>
>>7206441
>I don't really drink beer
kek
Guess I'll give it a go.
>>
>>7204824

extra is shit, but corona light is pretty alright for a lite beer if you're looking at calories to ABV.
>>
>>7205401
reminds me of ketchup and mustard bottles in a diner which I'm strongly nostalgic for
>>
What's the most 'manufactured' drink you like, /ck/?
>>
Spic here.

If it wasn't for this thread I wouldn't remember this brand even existed.

Us Mexicunts doesn't even like it that much or at all. If you see the cans on the street they are from US Brands mostly, mainly Bud Light, at least where I live (Near the Mexican and US Border). I imagine Mexican brands are more popular on the south of the country but I haven't been there much.

I would know, I recollect soda/beer cans to recycle them, gives me an extra buck.
>>
>>7207101
>>>/trash/
>>
>>7204942
stop complaining about being such a heathen and go to a nicer restaurant then
>>
Its disgusting its all my parents ever buy.
>>
'Beer' for people who don't like beer and faggots who grew up idolizing The Fast and The Furious.
>>
Its best when its near freezing.
That is, cold enough so that you can't really taste it.
>>
File: cq5dam.web.1280.1280[1].jpg (96KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
cq5dam.web.1280.1280[1].jpg
96KB, 960x1280px
The superior Mexican beer.
>>
>>7207140
what
>>
>>7207177
Corona.
>>
It's not even the best Mexican beer.

Mexican beer is pretty terrible so that's saying something.
>>
its ok, i put it in the lower middle class of beers to my taste.

definitely drinkable, has a weird/distinct dry flavor that is kind of good once you get used to it and you wont mind drinking lots. the best way to find out if you like them is to try it
>>
>>7207157
its an easy beer. good to just get shloshed too.
>>
>>7204849
Honestly the people drinking it are drinking it because of advertising, not taste.
>>
>>7205893
>Even Mexicans don't fucking drink it and would prefer Tecate over that.

Have you ever met a Mexican, anon? Be honest.
>>
>>7204849
>chemically removing sunlight

Interesting
>>
>>7207101
>implying most spics drink tasteful beer
Sorry Pablo, my Mexicant friends buy this shit for parties and etc. And they see it as a premium beer.

Source: Live in So Cal
>>
>>7204835
>>7204849
Green bottles are more likely to do this - I drink Colt 45 40s all the live long day and they are fine
>>
Fuck, how do you aquire a taste for beer? I'm basically the only person in my family who prefers basically any kind of alcohol (except gin) over beer. The only kinds of beer I can stomach from a state of complete sobriety are things that actual beer drinkers call watered down, like Miller Lite or Coor's lite. I can drink fruity little ales, but that's about it. tl;dr How do i into beer?
>>
>>7208355
Green bottles are better than clear. In order of best to worst, it's brown bottles, then green, then clear.
>>
Mexican beer is shitty in general, and corona isn't even a good Mexican beer.
>>
It's so bland and tasteless that people throw a slice of lime in the bottle just to be able to drink the beer.
>>
>>7204824
IT IS A MEME - WELL UNLESS YOU GOT LIME SLICES
>>
>>7208525
keep trying them
find one you enjoy and drink that, then branch out
rinse repeat and enjoy your alcoholism
>>
>>7204824
It's a good breakfast/hangover beer.
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.