[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What /ck/-related gifts did you receive today?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 11

File: IMG-20151225-WA0000.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20151225-WA0000.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
What /ck/-related gifts did you receive today?
>>
I didn't get any gifts, not even ck related
>>
I got a bottle opener in a cracker then everyone made passive aggressive remarks about my alcoholism.

Ah Christmas.
>>
>>7201647
Sounds like you need some enablers!
>>
a bottle of bruery oude tart
>>
>>7201637
You got that many Christmas presents? Are you ten?
>>
Some pretty useless "herbs" scissors and a lobster kit thing as a useless tomato knife thing. All of which will probably live in the back of a cupboard somewhere for the foreseeable future.
>>
>>7201673
I'm NEET, so...
>>
Got me a chef's knife, a deba, cast iron pan, and a set of stainless pots and pans.

I've moved out recently, so I've finally got decent options besides non-stick.
>>
>>7201678
I'll buy the herb scissors if you'd be willing them sell them below retail. A good friend of mine thought they sound neat, and I wouldn't mind making a gift of them.
>>
>>7201701
the herbs scissors I already promised someone, sorry.
>>
>>7201698
that's a good haul

my dad gave me a tart pan, I gave him some bamboo spice containers and spherical ice cube tray for his whiskey
>>
>>7201637
Is that armarila or whatever any good? I've seen it around on the internet, but comes off as drinking a Starbucks alcohol or something.
>>
I got caviar

I don't have a non-reactive spoon though so I haven't tried it yet
>>
>>7201722
have a chopstick?
>>
Got a suitcase, some ramekins, a book about whisky (without remarks about my alcoholism), and some aftershave.
Gave myself a new camera flash intending to make a little studio setup for food pics.

I'm just glad it's over, really. I don't really hate Christmas but I stress about having days where I don't get to choose myself what I'm doing.
>>
>>7201711
Nice, I like that ice sphere idea. The knives I got are mad cheap, soft metal from Thailand, but I'm glad for it, as I'm a rookie when it comes to sharpening, and they're something I can treat like hell a bit while I work on my chops.
>>
>>7201746
>I stress about having days where I don't get to choose myself what I'm doing

I guess that's what it is, really. I'm glad I was able to do all the Christmas cooking this year. Establish some control within a forced interaction.

>>7201707
Well, thanks anyway. By the way, what in the heck is a lobster kit?
>>
>>7201712
It's very good. Similar creaminess as Baileys, but with less of an alcohol taste and more complex flavour. The aftertaste is especially nice.
>>
Bottle of Zyr and a Skerton.
>>
>>7201781
Baileys is hardly alcohol tasting, its like liquid, creamy sugar.
>>
Big bottle of Disaronno liqueur. What should I make with it?
>>
>>7201846
Drink it straight or mix it with tea. Shit is legit.
>>
>>7201712
Amarula is actually really tasty. It's a cream liquor, so you can't really expect to force yourself to get drunk off it, but it's really nice to have half a glass over crushed ice when you get back from an exam or a shit day at work or something.
>>
File: 20151225_101658.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20151225_101658.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>7201828
I know, but it still has a slight alcoholic taste as it goes down your throat. Chambord, on the other hand, barely has any.
>>
>>7201722
>non-reactive spoon
Good meme potential with this.
>>
File: image.jpg (21KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21KB, 300x200px
>>7201757
Lobster kit:
4x garlic butter cups and holders
4x shell crackers
4x spiky forks things

Pic related
>>
File: jb letters.jpg (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
jb letters.jpg
1MB, 2048x1536px
The person who gave it to me doesn't even know me that well, but always gets me an inexpensive gift that that has more thought put into it than the things the few people I'm really close to get me.
>>
>>7201860
That's a smug looking cat.
>>
I recognise that Kmart wrapping paper and the Kahlua sale
>>
>>7201637
A month of blue apron dinner deliveries every saturday. There's enough food per delivery for 3 days from what I understand.

The ingredient quality isn't bad, plus for me it's free. Can and most likely will adjust the food with my own spices and such.
>>
>>7202769
Drunk off Chambord.
>>
File: WIN_20151226_05_33_23_Pro.jpg (361KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20151226_05_33_23_Pro.jpg
361KB, 1920x1080px
>>7201637
help
>>
I got a crock-pot for uni

can't wait to use it Tbh
>>
File: sodastream-soda-1.jpg (73KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
sodastream-soda-1.jpg
73KB, 1000x1000px
I got this, its alright i guess
>>
File: tired.jpg (7KB, 250x242px) Image search: [Google]
tired.jpg
7KB, 250x242px
Got a new blender.
I don't eat fruits or vegetables.
When I opened it my dad sang me a small poem that went 'Son you are curvy, but please don't get curvy, make some fruit smoothies, and lose those boobies' and everyone was having a jolly old time.
What are some good chocolate blender recipes? I can get some good at least.
>>
>>7203270
lotta coco powder, milk easy
>>
>>7203270
maybe you should take your dad's advice and stop being a fat fuck
>>
>>7203278
This. Don't take it as words of discouragement, because any loving father knows that they don't want their kid to die before them.
>>
>>7203270
>I don't eat fruits or vegetables.

What do you mean, you don't eat fruits or vegetables? Do you not know what either of those things are? What do you eat?
>>
several bags of whole mexican chilis, dried
ancho, chipotle, mulato, morito

about 10 of each- what do I do with all these? my uncle said to toast them whole before soaking them in warm water, ditching that water and then soaking them again to soften them.
but what should I use them in, soups, beans/rice, enchilada sauces?
>>
File: dried chiles .jpg (38KB, 497x581px) Image search: [Google]
dried chiles .jpg
38KB, 497x581px
>>7203344
morita*, mullato*
>>
Got one of those kitchen aid stand mixers and a food dehydrator.

I'm trying to go /fit/, wat do?
>>
>>7201749
Get on my level
>go to restaurant supply store
>buy $6 knives
>throw them away when they get dull
>knives just as sharp

Knife sharpening can be a handy skill to have, but expensive high quality knives are a total waste. Industrial equipment gets you 80% there and it's cheap enough to be disposable.
>>
>>7204737

If it were really cheaper to buy a new knife then how come my kitchen sends out our restaurant supply tier knives to get sharpened once a week?

>the guy who sharpens knives in the back of his van at any farmer's market anywhere only charges $5 to sharpen a chef's knife
>>
File: wildfoot.jpg (104KB, 518x732px) Image search: [Google]
wildfoot.jpg
104KB, 518x732px
>>
>>7204757
Because it's a kitchen that uses their knives at least 10x more than a person in their home would.
>>
>>7203283
Not that guy, but I knew a guy that did this and is still doing it as far as I know.

The funniest part about it is seeing what he considers a fruit or vegetable and how it makes him freak out.

Peanut Butter sandwhich: fine.
PB & J: eww fruit (when jelly is just fruit flavored sugar gloop)
Mustard: fine because no vegetables just seed
Ketchup: eww vegetables (but really sugar gloop)

People like that are suffering from some kind of childhood thing that they never got over. It's more like a psychosis than actual legitimate taste thing, because they're also really easy to trick.
>>
>>7204801
This guy, who's like 25 at the time, had never had a drop of alcohol in his life. He'd always complain about having to smell peoples beers at activities (movie nights, d&d, lan parties). He was always a bitch about it, and would say weird shit like he was trying to make fun of people who were drinking. By this time, we'd known him awhile, so we knew why. One night, this other friend goes

>You know, alcohol is what bacteria poop out after they eat the sugar in the plants. So, really, drinking alcohol is kind of the same as meat and dairy.

He opens a beer, drinks it, and from that point forward he drank beer like everyone else as if he always did and had never been a cunt to anyone about it.
>>
>>7204841
If anything that comment should have made him stop eating fermented dairy products, not suddenly be alright with eat yeast waste.
>>
Got a cast-iron pan, a rolling pin, one of those brushes and some Tullamore Dew.
>>
>>7201637
Sadly the only thing I got that is even remotely /ck/ related was a gift basket which I then gave away to my immediate family, everything else is strictly /g/ related and boring.
>>
File: IMAG0037.jpg (3MB, 5376x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0037.jpg
3MB, 5376x3024px
My dad got me a weeby teapot and tea cup. I like it so far. There's a strainer in the pot so that makes loose leaf 10x easier.

Pic related next to my other gifts
>>
>>7204769
ray mears is the shit, nice
>>
File: 20151225_17425200.jpg (2MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
20151225_17425200.jpg
2MB, 4160x2340px
Here's the bottle of wine we had with dinner last night. By far the most expensive thing I've consumed. I wish i knew more about wine.
>>
>>7203266
Fear not, anon.
I also got a soda stream two years ago and converted it to allow CO2 into my nipple fat.
>>
I got a coffee percolator (the ten sided metal ones), an electric rice cooker and a 5l Le Creuset stockpot. I was fucking chuffed.
>>
>>7205640
Stop posting on /ck/ Carl
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.