[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

crispy pork belly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: pork belly.jpg (119KB, 1500x844px) Image search: [Google]
pork belly.jpg
119KB, 1500x844px
I want to make crispy pork belly as an appetizer for Christmas.
I made it before and it turned out well but I wanted to see if you guys had any tips.
>>
I cant remember a specific recipe that I used, I think I read some recipes and blended together something.
I put some seasoning blend on the underside and salted the fatty top and
I put it in a 500 degree F oven for 20 minutes then lowered it to three something for some more hours and put some sort of honey based glaze on it?
how does that sound, any tips. not an expert but remembered it turned out pretty good
>>
also it was difficult to to chop if you have any pointers as to do that without it falling apart
>>
sorry for bumps just keep thinking of things, i also scored the fatty side
>>
>>7191908
Use a big ol' cleaver and cut it like a boss. Pussy ass cuts won't work.
>>
>>7191912
i was thinking that but my nightmare is that i cleave it and just smash the shit out of it, that being said, using a slow cut meathod with a cerated knife dint do that great
>>
>>7191912
do you think i could like have someone squeeze it together while i cut into it so it holds its form?
>>
Apparently cooking it with a hair drier works pretty well.
>>
>>7191922
hell no. First you think you might smash it, then you might end up cleaving someone's hand off. Just get a decent cutting board and put it on there. Practice with something inexpensive like a sausage or a hot dog. For that picture you should be able to cleave one of those into thirds in a few seconds. Just remember, you're the boss. Be definitive. bang bang, three pieces right there.
>>
>>7191928
okay, have you cooked this before? just wondering if you have any tips
>>
>>7191927
whaaa
>>
>>7191933
No I haven't but I know how to cut stuff properly. For a good example of how to do it, go some asian market on an early Saturday or Sunday morning, the places that sell roast duck and watch them chop stuff. They're real good at it. They chop them like bosses!
>>
>>7191933
Show that meat who's the boss!
>>
>>7191892
go find the Tiki Pork Belly recipe from Mission Chinese. its fucking dope
>>
>>7191922

You do know that string exists, right?
>>
>literally got a picture of pork belly from chef john's video
>has to ask /ck/ for tips

??
>>
>>7192782
>criticizes another anon' interweb prowess
>posts a screenshot'd image
>>
>>7192818

It's screenshot'd from the youtube video that image originally comes from.

try again next time, buddy
>>
>>7192782
>criticizes another anon' interweb prowess
>>posts a screenshot'd image
Ive watched his and others, but why not see if anyone has advice? I like chef john but I usually read a few recipes before I make something
>>
>>7191892
Personally I have always had much more success with belly pork if I roast it as a large piece of meat and then cut it after. And always roast it flat, not as a rolled joint.

If you cut it in to small pieces first and then try to roast it, the heat penetrates the meat before the skin gets adequate time to crisp.

The pic in OP looks like the meat has been cooked in stock and then cut in to pieces and pan fried to crisp up. Mostly because the cuts are so clean. Its a bit neater to do it that way, but I think the flavour is much better to just roast it.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9biIOtEYeHc
>>
>>7194514
it does look good, but im trying to do it with a honey or sweet flavor or glaze
>>
File: 1435901220150.png (75KB, 325x244px) Image search: [Google]
1435901220150.png
75KB, 325x244px
>>7194514

>star anise
>fresh fennel
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.