[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've got English family coming for Christmas and they've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

File: pudding.jpg (10KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
pudding.jpg
10KB, 259x194px
I've got English family coming for Christmas and they've made it clear they will be wanting Christmas pudding, which also must be vegan for their daughter.

Why the fuck do all christmas pudding recipes have so many ingredients? Does any one have a babby's first christmas pudding recipe with like 6 ingredients? Also I'm american so I've neve one this before. Is it even worth it?
>>
>wanting Christmas pudding
Seems fair
>must be vegan
Tell them to piss off, Christmas Pudding without suet is just shitty boiled fruit cake
>>
File: dreamstime_5983023_small.jpg (50KB, 432x259px) Image search: [Google]
dreamstime_5983023_small.jpg
50KB, 432x259px
Tell them to fuck off and bake an apple pie.
>>
>>7184358
>vegan for their daughter.

Make a real christmas pudding, then make a smaller vegan one just for her.

I don't even know how you would do that, just fruit and alcohol in a bowl and bake it I guess
>>
they're basically just a fruitcake that's steamed instead of baked. with 6 ingredients or less it'll be really bland and boring. you'll just have to swap out the eggs and butter to make it vegan. it's too late to make one now, they need to sit for a couple weeks. here's one from julia child: http://www.dianasdesserts.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/recipes.recipeListing/filter/d/recipeID/1044/Recipe.cfm
>>
>>7184390
If I was an Englishman coming to America for the holidays, I would expect to be disrespected the entire stay.

I like the way you think.
>>
Just buy a cheap one online and tell them it's vegan or something.
>>
>>7184358
You're a good two months late to start making a proper Christmas Pudding now. Tell 'em to fuck off.

t. britbong
>>
>>7184422
This, I was so disappointed when I visited America and wasn't shot at all, felt like I wasn't getting the full American experience.
>>
>>7184422
>If I was an Englishman

You wouldn't be so terrible at English.
>>
File: huehuehue.gif (2MB, 300x196px) Image search: [Google]
huehuehue.gif
2MB, 300x196px
>>7184431
>>
>>7184431
>treats it as a poison
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

the bacteria in your digestive system just aren't used to it. this happens with any food, not just meat. i guess beans and brussels sprouts are poison too because they give people gas if they don't eat them regularly?
>>
>>7184431
Wow females are so obvious to spot on this board lmao

Hi.
>>
>>7184436
>>7184438
>>7184442

what she said?

>>7184429

nobody in america uses the subjunctive
>>
>>7184358
It is way, way too late to make a pudding. You're going to have to buy one.

Also, don't make vegan puddings. A good Christmas pudding needs suet. If the recipe knows to include suet, it's probably a good recipe. If they want some other type of fat instead, ignore it.
>>
>>7184766

why is it too late? Every recipe I see doesn't seem to indicate that it takes any longer than a couple of hours. It must be vegan; I also don't think you can buy suet here, we don't eat that because it is garbabe so we give it to birds to eat.

I'm in America so there is no way to buy one in person.
>>
>>7184821
>we don't eat that because it is garbabe

lol

go ask your nearest butcher
>>
>>7184824

lol I am in flyover country there is no such thingas a butcher anymore and the groceries no longer have butchers in the store.
>>
>>7184753
>what she said?
if you don't eat meat for a while, your body thinks it's poison
>>
>>7184821
>why is it too late?

A proper Christmas Pudding needs time to mature.
>>
Do realize that they've probably literally never had a homemade christmas pudding in their lives.

Just buy one.
>>
>>7184821
Christmas puddings are matured for typically months if not the whole year.
>>
>>7184429
Well, joke's on you, I'm French.
>>
>they've made it clear they will be wanting Christmas pudding
They sound like assholes.
>people want you to buy a pudding
That's like visiting my Swedish uncle and eating McDonalds hamburgers instead of his homemade surstromming. Give them some real American food and culturally enrich it with your cum.
>>
Just make it normal and say it's vegan. People who foist their dietary preferences on their hosts are assholes.
>>
>>7184390
From your image I see that you are trying to imply that apple pie is American and you are making some sort of nationalistic post.

Now are you making stupid posts because you are stupid or are you trying to make Americans look stupid?
>>
File: america.jpg (209KB, 1080x763px) Image search: [Google]
america.jpg
209KB, 1080x763px
>>7184390
What this upstanding citizen said.
>>
File: image.jpg (153KB, 800x534px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
153KB, 800x534px
>>7186316
Fucking Euroshit.

Everyone knows the first apple pie was baked by Andrew Jackson as he crossed the Delaware River in the Mayflower.
>>
>>7186384
It's sad that there are Americans who think this is true.

What do they say when you bring up that apples aren't native to the Americas?
>>
>>7186390
>>7186316
did we have to invent them to be a thing here? Because it's a thing, I mean the whole mom pop and apple pie you know?

I mean we're a country only 240 years old compared to the high hundreds or even thousands compared to others, of course we didn't invent all these things

but they are popular/reinvented/re-appropriated here
>>
>>7184358
wait is my family going to your house?
>>
>>7186390
I inform them of Johnny Appleseed's significance to our heritage.
>>
>>7186407
Did you have to invent them to claim them as your own? Yes.

The moon landing belongs to my people if Americans are allowed to claim things they didn't have anything to do with.
>>
>>7184358
Tell them kindly that they aren't allowed over for Christmas.
>>
>>7184426
Are you black? If not, that's probably why you weren't shot by a cop.
>>
File: 1376518614862.jpg (96KB, 698x618px) Image search: [Google]
1376518614862.jpg
96KB, 698x618px
>Brits expecting to have things done their way in another country
I guess they learned a thing or two from their own immigrants.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.