[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone loves mexican bread?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 9

File: image-bread2.png (836KB, 918x544px) Image search: [Google]
image-bread2.png
836KB, 918x544px
Does anyone loves mexican bread?
>>
mexican bread is the shit, bro.

there is one specially they call tomato for some reason??? it's surface is pink and covered in coconut, it's has like a small volcano shape with whipped cream and jam on the top.

10/10
>>
>>7184278
i have had a few bollilos in my time

t. skinny rich guy
>>
File: o.jpg (154KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
o.jpg
154KB, 750x1000px
So fucking bomb, I wish I had some now.
>>
File: P1080236cropres.png (1MB, 1000x510px) Image search: [Google]
P1080236cropres.png
1MB, 1000x510px
Is pan dulce easy to make?

The grocery store nearest me makes some shitty pan dulce and the one with the good shit is pretty far.
>>
>>7184299
I love conchas
>>
File: IMG_1622a.jpg (312KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1622a.jpg
312KB, 1000x750px
i made pan de muerto for the day of the dead. it was pretty good.
>>
>>7184435
>that bread on the left
Top-tier sweet bread. Anyone know what it's called?
>>
>>7184439
I love the pink ones.
>>
File: conchas1.jpg (216KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
conchas1.jpg
216KB, 800x533px
>>7184477
>>
>>7184483
This was for >>7184439
>>
File: Puerquitos 3 .jpg (82KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
Puerquitos 3 .jpg
82KB, 600x400px
>>7184477
They're called puerquitos (little pigs).
>>
>>7184483
That looks neato.
>>
File: 0954.png (181KB, 624x352px) Image search: [Google]
0954.png
181KB, 624x352px
I've baked bread for years, but almost all of it is from the French and Italian traditions. I feel like I'm missing out on a lot of great stuff.

Could a more cosmopolitan person give me a list of some must try bread from around the world? Or just a link with some more exotic breads. I want to start making some things I haven't already made 100 times.
>>
>>7184508
You need to try some moroccan pita bread from Africa. It's pretty good.
>>
File: empanad.jpg (68KB, 539x471px) Image search: [Google]
empanad.jpg
68KB, 539x471px
>>7184483
these are bretty good, but pumpkin empanadas are my fucking jam, senpai
>>
>bread is all crumbly
>tastes like stale sugary shit
Shit taste. Mexicans can bake for shit
>>
>>7184483
!!!!

I've never seen pink conchas before! Just the standard off white caramel-colored ones. Now I need to find these....
>>
>>7185116
The frosting on most conchas is usually just food coloring + lard (or shortening) + sugar. Color doesn't matter.
>>
>>7184917

sounds like you live in flyover country. Try some bread from a real mexican bakery in a city that matters on the west coast then come back.
>>
>>7184508
Mexican baking comes from French traditions, especially during the Porfirio years when he tried to Frenchify México. Bolillos are basically little baguettes. Most people in México don't bake at home they go to the panadería (boulangerie) to get their bread.
I love the sweet cheese empanadas, and the various fruit ones. The ginger puerquitos are also good.
>>
>>7184917
This. It's surprising that it's shitty considering the French taught them how to bake
>>
their sweat bread is shit tier, absolutely fucking disgusting given that they're mainly french influenced/ copies
That bread they give you for menudo though, that shit is good
>>
The only thing I like are the puerquitos and the polvorones. I don't like anything else because they're dry and simply taste like sugar. They're meant to be dipped into a drink but I like my baked goods to stand alone.
>>
>>7185229
>They're meant to be dipped into a drink

I like chasing: take a bite, chew, sip drink.
>>
>>7184435
what this guy>>7184498 said, or cochis, depending in the region
>>
It's so dry. It's the worst pastry by nationality.
>>
>>7187147
Mexican bread does not last, by mid day it already tastes like ass. I don't know enough about bread to understand why this is, but when I first moved to Mexico I got laughed at for hoarding the stuff and taking it home to eat later, only when I tasted it later did I understand why.

If I had only ever tasted four-hour-old conchas I'd hate them too.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.