[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am poorfag student and eat pic related right now. Any

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I am poorfag student and eat pic related right now. Any other food advices?
>>
>>7183835

Chop the hotdog into pieces. Sprinkle into the meal. Shred up some cheese and add to it. Mix it all up and enjoy.
>>
>poorfag
>tons of bacon
Why?
>>
>>7183845
Where is bacon ? It's boiled potato and carrot and 1 sausage , black bread also.
>>
>>7183845
Why is everyone on /ck/ blind?
>>
I thought that was fried shredded up bologna with eggs and a hot dog with toast.
>>
>>7183835
buy the bulk frozen chicken breasts and get some fresh produce

get a slow cooker
>>
>>7183835
Get purple cabbage, too, to diversify your antioxidants. It's only marginally more expensive, and frequently the same price.

Green beans and broccoli are often also cheap, but fluctuate a lot depending on season where I am. You do need greens.
>>
Find out what kinds of farms are nearby, if any, you can usually get their products cheap. Indiana here, lots of pork farms. Also, rice and potatoes are almost always cheap.
>>
File: 1431711990728.jpg (10KB, 208x314px) Image search: [Google]
1431711990728.jpg
10KB, 208x314px
>>7184723
>diversify your antioxidants
>>
>>7184741
Dunno what your problem is. It's basic nutrition.
>>
There's nothing wrong with frozen veg as well OP, get a few bags next time you have some money. There really is no excuse to eating badly, no matter how poor you are.
>>
>>7183835
>Any other food advices?
learn to cook? food is so fucking cheap when you cook it yourself jesus christ. Only morons who buy name brand pre-boxed bullshit complain about food cost.
>>
>>7184723
I like to stew together canned diced tomatoes with corn, green beans, and a pinch of salt. I drain the corn and green beans, but use the tomato juice so the veggies pick up that tartness. Serve it over buttered egg noodles with some herb chicken. Dirt cheap, reasonably healthy, easy to put together even when you're drunk.
>>
>>7184748
Did you mean vitamins
>>
>>7184767
Nope. You can diversify your vitamins quite adequately while using vegetables all of the same colour.
>>
>>7184723
Make sure you activate your almonds
>>
>>7184901
always great when people mock things they don't understand.
>>
File: aot historia v13c53p13 squint.png (36KB, 136x229px) Image search: [Google]
aot historia v13c53p13 squint.png
36KB, 136x229px
>>7183845
How the fuck does that look like bacon to you?
>>
>>7184974
>almonds can be activated
>>
>>7184723
>diversify your antioxidants, nigga
>protect your goddamn neck, a'ight?
>>
>>7183845
Mentally challenged : the post
>>
>>7183835
Become slightly less poor and spend the money on spices and herbs.
>>
some things that are cheap, fast and reasonably healthy-

Sardines
Oatmeal
Rice&beans
buy really cheap beef and make a stew with it, it will become tender and edible. add cheap vegetables like carrots, potatoes, celery, etc
eggs
buy canned goods and freezable goods like bread in bulk when its on sale
>>
>>7186288
oh yeah and stirfy, that shits delicious and you can just use whatever vegetables you have.
>>
I mixed a whole bunch of whole potatoes that were smaller sized with green beans and boiled them with some fat back for a long time and I would just add more water every day and reheat it and after a week it tasted so good
>>
Not actually a bad start for a poorfag. At least you have the basic food groups covered.

Swap out shit hot dogs for cheap cuts of chicken and eggs, though, for cheaper and healthier protein. Peanut butter and tuna are also good once in awhile for sandwiches and such.

For starches, switch between potatoes, rice and pasta. If you can't stock all three at once, at least switch on a weekly basis to avoid burning out on one.

For veggies, buy whatever you want. Variety is best and most veggies are pretty cheap so switch it up regularly. Keep onions on hand for flavoring just about any dish.

Get some basic seasonings. At least salt and pepper. If you can't do peppercorns and a pepper grinder I would skip that preground tasteless dust they call pepper and just get crushed red pepper instead (or get both, if you can). If you can get some herbs as well, get at least one of something you like. Mixed Italian herbs, parsley, whatever. Just anything like that will keep your food from feeling dull.
>>
TUNA
U
N
A
>>
>>7183835
sell your iphone
>>
>>7186756
That's sound advice. Also, eat tons of legumes cause they have carbs, protein and many essential micronutrients.
>Keep onions on hand for flavoring just about any dish.
Carrots too. I used to be a picky ass and didn't like carrots, but I recently rediscovered them as a great source of flavoring and vitamins.
>>
>>7186288
I'll add that a great thing to have that's surprisingly filling is Egg Drop Soup.

It's kind of like poached eggs where you get to drink a better broth.

This recipie is what I make for myself if I want a snack, or sometimes for a meal or breakfast.

Serves 1 person. 2 small bowls worth.

2 cups water
chicken bullion/stock/soup mix sufficient for 2 cups
onion
*Sliced mushrooms
1 egg
pepper
*parsely
*basil
*Seasame seed oil

* Means Optional

--Start with:
2 cups of water
Add chicken bullion cubes or chicken soup mix that'll fit 2 cups of water
Add chopped onion to taste (I usually add around half an onion to a whole onion if I have a small onion)

(A better recipe would use green onion shoots because they look better against the yellow of the broth and egg, but I don't think there's anything wrong with just using thin cuts of onion)

(You can also use this opportunity to add sliced mushrooms to the soup)

Get this to a rapid boil

--After it's boiling
Add a bit of pepper and put the lid back on. Let it boil like this for about a minute.

Then, remove the pot from the element

Slowly(!) add one beaten egg while stirring the soup.

>This takes a little bit of technique, but the good news is that there's not really a way to screw it up. Pour too fast, and you end up with a beaten poached egg to chew on. Stir too fast, and you end up with tiny sepatated bits of egg. Pour and stir at the right speed, however, and you get wonderfully ephemeral whisps of egg floating around in the soup.

After you stir the egg in, just leave the lid on the pot for a little bit as you prepare your bowl and spoon. Ladle in, and you're good to go!
>>
>>7186756
>some basic seasonings
Garlic powder is one of those things that's good on lots of things.

>>7186756
>For veggies, buy whatever you want.
If you can guarantee that you'll eat it within a short time, then sure. There are some veggies that will wilt or go bad faster than others, and some might be harder to incorporate into recipies.

Carrots are pretty useful to add into a ton of recipies, and can be satisfying to eat raw. Try adding them to mashed potatoes sometime for a slightly different experience.

Celery is just a little crunchy. A Fantastic thing to add to a tuna sandwich, but not all that impressive in most other things. Celery salt is good, though, and you'd be surprised how much dimension the celery leaves on the top can add to a stew.

I haven't quite figured out how to get some nice dark greens in my diet yet. I'd like to use frozen spinach to just add to soups and other dishes, but dumping the water I boiled them in always feels like a waste.

Broccoli has a lot of waste in the stem, and the thicker skin at the stem is basically inedible. You can make a pretty good broccoli soup if you have a blender available. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KR44a_5v_A I don't like using broccoli because it's kind of messy to prepare, and for all the waste.

That said, definitely make sure you're getting some veggies along with your starch and protein.

Also, consider getting some tea from a bulk food store. I've got a Bulk Barn nearby, so I occassionally get a few bags of cheap tea. I think they charged $1.50 or so per 100g, but tea bags are actually pretty light.

Peppermint tea is good for keeping you alert, and Chamomile tea is very calming.

The idea is to keep on drinking plenty of water. It's amazing how much "hunger" we feel during the day is actually just "thirst".
>>
Look up Hard Tack if you want to have chunks of things to keep in your pockets or backpack to eat during the day.

It's basically flour and water, with the water baked out. Also, it's hard.

Seriously, depending on how you make it, and how you try to eat it, you might chip a tooth.

Pout a little bit of water (maybe 1/4 of a cup) into a mixing bowl, add a pinch of salt, and gradually stir and mix in small amounts of flour until it can't hold flour anymore.

Then flatten it, cut it into wafers with a knife or pizza cutter, poke holes in it with a fork to help it dry out, and put it in the oven at ~350 until the edges brown a bit.

You can cook it as much or as little as you want. Just be aware that the longer it's cooked, the harder it will be, and the longer it will last.

There are even some samples of hard tack from the civil war in the US that are still edible.

To eat it, you can let it soak in a hot drink, like hot tea, or you can get a small piece and let it rehydrate under your tongue for a while. Another option is to just suck on the biscuits in your mouth, gradually scraping out the outer layer with your teeth as it rehydrates.

If you choose to immerse them in boiling hot tea, then they'll get a slightly rubbery texture to them.

Now, this is hard core survival food that is braindead simple, and could plausibly last for years. It's not all that amazing to eat, but it'll keep you going and keep those hunger pangs at bay until you can get to some real food.
>>
>>7187792
why boil your greens?
spinach and kale only need blanching
everything else can be used as such
try adding green leaves and fried onion to your potato mash
>>
If squashes are in season, try those. You can get a meal or two out of them, and they're pretty inexpensive.

QUESTION: If I start with dry beans, how do I get them to the point where they're the texture of refried beans? I'm comparing this to the refried beans in frozen burritos (I know, I know, frozen food).

>>7187845
>why boil your greens?
...Because the directions on the package tell me to?
>>
>>7187853
> the directions on the package
you poor thing
>>
File: 1384005359592.jpg (36KB, 447x313px) Image search: [Google]
1384005359592.jpg
36KB, 447x313px
>>7184723

>>
>>7187853
kale/spinach can be sauted, broccoli can be roasted

and that way you dont lose vitamins during boiling
>>
File: 1415900166835.jpg (43KB, 568x378px) Image search: [Google]
1415900166835.jpg
43KB, 568x378px
>>7186288
>Sardines
>cheap
wait what?
>>
>>7183845
holy shit, this is why car accidents exist. get off the road you loony
>>
>>7183835
oats
in germany its 33cents / 500g (~1pound)
they cover most of what you need
get some cheap multivitamins (from amazon) if you cant afford a thoroughly balanced diet

400g chicken is 2,90€
frozen veggies are about 1€/kg (2.2pounds)

just dont be a massive faggot

oh and take some fishoil capsules, since you probably cant/wont afford salmon
>>
>>7183835

lern2cook
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.