[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sous Vide

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: b942d11df63b2f34472ed289ca3c0c4d.jpg (105KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
b942d11df63b2f34472ed289ca3c0c4d.jpg
105KB, 1200x900px
Alright, I want to bite the fucking bullet.

These things seems to make some pretty fucking nicely cooked steaks.

My oven is shit and I eat enough meat to justify the price.

Does /ck/ use them?
>>
Take your meme vide and get the fuck outta here.
>>
>>7178591
What's so fucking wrong with it, huh? Meme-master.
>>
>>7178584
Just bought an Anova, should have it in couple days. I eat a ton of meat so I'm interested in trying it out.
Been reading a bunch of Kenji's stuff on serious eats, pretty good to get the times and temperatures down. I'll be using it for eggs, chicken, steak, and also have some duck confit planned.
>>
>>7178584
Always wanted to try it but it really seems like an unnecessary waste of time, effort, and space.
>>
Yes, I made mine out of a $16 temperature controller from amazon and an analog crock pot I've had for ages. Everyone becomes a fan immediately after tasting the steak.
>>
i have been using it for a few years and i personally don't think steaks are a good enough reason to get one.

there are lots of other reasons though.
>>
>>7178724
Like what?
>>
>>7178738

tougher cuts. squid and octopus. custards and other pastry components. fish. some infusions.
>>
>>7178743
How does chicken turn out? With the same procedures as red meat.
>>
>>7178748

chicken turns out great! i'm sous viding my turkey legs this christmas. gotta get some experience with it to work out what temps you like though. people are used to more cooked, less translucent chicken than some of the low temp primers say.

but yeah, super good for keeping the juices in chicken.
>>
>>7178789
Nice.

And what about quantity? Placing the device in the middle in a large enough saucepan with the meat around it is the best I guess.

Cooking for 6-7people is viable in one... bath?
>>
>>7178814

most of the domestic ones can handle a 4-5 gallon capacity bath, so yeah that's completely viable.
>>
>>7178828
Alright, I'm sold.

Easy to bring with me to cook at friends and family too.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.