[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Eggnog appreciation thread. Share your love for eggnog.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 12

File: eggnog_09_400.jpg (19KB, 400x250px) Image search: [Google]
eggnog_09_400.jpg
19KB, 400x250px
Eggnog appreciation thread.
Share your love for eggnog.
>>
I remember one time I went to have a glass of egg nog with brandy, but I forgot the eggnog. Was wondering why it tasted so good.
>>
got real drunk on homemade eggnog and brandy last night. made some fun at a friend's christmas party, and met some cool people in the city i just moved to.

thanks egg nog
>>
>>7168215
I just threw some away it was so vile.
>>
I didn't even know you were supposed to mix it when I was a kid, I just drank it straight. Like pure butterfat. Gag.
>>
They dont sell eggnog in my country and always wanted to try it so decided to make my own.
So what king of alcohol do i put in it? Different recipes tell different things. Brandy or rum? Or both? Does the rum need to be dark or is light rum good?
>>
>>7169208
>So what king of alcohol do i put in it?

That's a matter of personal preference. Whiskey is another option too.

Dark rum.
>>
>>7168215
Disgusing.
>>
>>
Do you nignogs really not like non-alcoholic eggnog?

Shit is delicious.
>>
>>7169217
it's not bad but what's the point of drinking it without alcohol

schnapps is tasty too but no one just drinks butterscotch syrup by itself
>>
>tfw grew up drinking eggnog straight up
>tfw apparently you're supposed to mix it with alcohol
But I like the flavor by itself....
>>
File: image.png (171KB, 188x625px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
171KB, 188x625px
>>7168215
Best eggnog. No corn syrup organic eggnog
>>
>>7169224
So don't add alcohol to it.
>>
>tfw pregnant
>tfw can't have eggnog
>tfw I'm the only person I know that can drink tons of it straight
>tfw the misery
>tfw no one will ever feed me eggnog through a funnel and tube
>>
>>7169208
I use amaretto because its delicious.

6 eggs, seperated
1 cup superfine sugar
1 1/2 quarts half and half or heavy cream
2 cups amaretto

>mix yolks and sugar in a large bowl
>add half and half and the amaretto
>mix well
>separate bowl
>whisk whites until it forms stiff peaks
>fold into nog

OPTIONAL: grate fresh nutmeg on top
OPTIONAL: serve in a punch bowl with some vanilla ice cream to help keep cold and get some more DELICIOUS CALORIES in there.
>>
>>7169224
Yeah fuck spiked eggnog it's really not tasty to me. However, you can double your supply with some milk. Less bloating and it tastes exactly the same except less thick.
>>
When I was in college, my fraternity would buy kegs of eggnog for house parties.
>>
>>7169258
Tis all cool, the entire military of the USA will protect you. That said plain eggnog is pretty nasty, even spiked it's pretty nasty. YUK, YUK, and YUK!
>>
>>7169331
That's why you're a moron fratboy.
Nobody gives a shit about fratboys.
>>
>>7169341
You obviously do.
>>
>>7169342
No, I was just making a point.
Fratboys are useful for one purpose, to be middlemen, they'll never invent or do anything on their own. That's a fact.
>>
>>7169348
>still replying
>still giving a shit

Don't look now but I think someone is envious
>>
>>7169360
envious of what?
>comes across as a moron
>can't be specific
>>
File: qeo7ol.jpg (323KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
qeo7ol.jpg
323KB, 500x750px
I'm thinking of making a healthy sort of eggnog this year.

http://www.cooksinfo.com/skinny-thick-egg-nog

The pudding mix + skim milk is pretty clever, but I don't think I've had pudding since I was a child, and I've certainly never had drinkable pudding. I'm curious to see how it turns out.

I'm probably not buying stevia though, even I could find it. I think I'll just use the sugar in amaretto or something.
>>
Can't fucking wait for finals to be over so I have the time to make a big ol batch for family and friends

What yall think of making nog with hot af cinnamon
>>
Eggnog is so f®ckin good
>>
>>7169193
I didnt know you were meant to mix it..
I thought it was meant to be drunk straight like a milkshake. It's incredibly filling.
>>
I fucking love this shit with some pumpkin pie. Never had it with alcohol though. What alcohol are you supposed to use?
>>
>>7168256
I saw a street fight in NYC but a hockey game broke out.
>>
File: Calder Dairy-14_cx.jpg (39KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
Calder Dairy-14_cx.jpg
39KB, 600x400px
>tfw no one here has probably tasted the sweet nectar of the God's that is Calder's Egg Nog

Any Michigander's in this thread that can confirm? Calder's nog is hands down the best nog you could ever dream of tasting.
>>
File: calder-milk.jpg (51KB, 600x449px) Image search: [Google]
calder-milk.jpg
51KB, 600x449px
>>7171702
Not to mention the nog (and most of their milk products) come in glass bottles. It feels so old fashioned and it tastes old fashioned too.
>>
>>7169248
> faggot hippy obama supporter detected
>>
>>7171704
So what you're saying is that you're a moron?
>>
File: nog.jpg (171KB, 800x721px) Image search: [Google]
nog.jpg
171KB, 800x721px
Muthafuckin' Umpqua my middle class white north-western brethren.
>>
>>7171719
Not sure how you derive that I could be a moron, unless you're boggled by how I said and used "old fashioned". I thought for only a minute after posting that perhaps the use of "old fashioned" could be taken as a negative, like it's bland or out of style, but that's not what I mean in any way.

Calder's egg nog is about as rich as you can get. Calder's is a small, family owned business that's been in Michigan since 1946, and it produces most of it's product from it's own family owned farm. Their egg nog is practically a drinkable custard (it's thicker than Pepto Bismol) with that signature sweetness and spice that a good nog should have. To this day, I haven't tasted a better egg nog in my life. Southern Comfort is my second go-to, but nothing will ever best Calder's nog.
>>
File: 1429299171826.png (765KB, 1170x966px) Image search: [Google]
1429299171826.png
765KB, 1170x966px
>>7168215

>Remind me that I really wanted eggnog tonight
>Briefly forget that a few hours ago I checked and found that I have none
>>
>>7169193
>>7171083

>Supposed to mix it

You aren't supposed to mix it, you can, and it originated as an alcoholic beverage, but its not like its just some component.

Just eggnog is great.
>>
File: 0004148303220_500X500.jpg (31KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
0004148303220_500X500.jpg
31KB, 500x500px
A main brand in mn.

I've also seen Southern Comfort and J.R.Watkins, but not any others at the groceries I visit.
>>
I've made eggnog off and on over the years. I just saw a recipe for using premium vanilla ice cream as the recipe. Just put the ice cream in a bowl, put in fridge over night, add rum to melted ice cream, done. Seems weird but I might try a dry run with my all natural Breyer's vanilla ice cream. Anyone else tried this? Did you like the flavor or texture?

And BTW...rum is the best booze in eggnog.
>>
File: kegnog.jpg (46KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
kegnog.jpg
46KB, 640x480px
>>7169331

fuck yeah keggnog, we had that at our X-mas parties too. Put the fireplace channel on the TV and lit some incense to set the mood. Good times.

>>7169361

you sound like a fag
>>
Tried Turkey Hill eggnog, it was awful
>>
I made a big jar of this the other day, ageing it until NYE. Hype AF.
http://altonbrown.com/eggnog-recipe/
>>
>>7168215
Should I get it with the alcohol inside or put my own in?
>>
File: altons eggnog.jpg (183KB, 2432x1824px) Image search: [Google]
altons eggnog.jpg
183KB, 2432x1824px
I made alton's recipe today and I don't get it. It's not any better than store bought eggnog, it's just different. It's really airy because of the beaten whites, and I don't think I like that, but besides that, it just tastes kinda whatever. It's not nearly as thick as my usual stuff either. pretty disappointing considering all the effort and I'm pretty sure it's more expensive.
>>
>>7170132
>healthy
you do realize that you are going to die someday anyway, right?
>>
>>7169221
Because alcohol isn't the main thing in everyone's diet unlike alcoholics
>>
>>7174391
You made it only just today?

Did you completely skip the step where it said to age it?
>>
>>7175120
It doesn't say to age it.
>>
Is Ronnybrook milk any good as opposed to regular milk?

I've seen it near me for a while, but never been tempted enough to buy.
>>
>>7168215
I like Milk Punch too family, but more than a glass and i get sick.
>>
>>7176081
Hell if I know, I've never tried that brand. Different brands of milk do taste different, but oddly enough it seems to have little to do with the price. My favorite milk ATM is a fancy organic one from a local farm. My number 2 choice is actually the cheap 'store brand' from a local supermarket--it easily beats out the more expensive name brands they carry.
>>
>>7174360
Please respond
>>
>>7176770
Always add your own that way you not only get a better base product but you can control what alchohol (type and brand) and how much goes into the mix.
>>
>>7176560
Here's a secret from when I used to work in produce. The store brand milk is literally the same thing as the big brand they carry. My store would pay Darigold to put our logo on their jugs and we would undercut them by like a dollar, and most people would STILL buy darigold just for the name.
>>
>>7168215
i've never had eggnog what should i expect?
>>
Will 7 days be enough to age home made eggnog?
Im wondering if it wont be worth it and to just bug store bought + alcohol
>>
>>7179057
This recipe needs no aging. In fact, you should drink it within 24 hours.
>>7169268
>>
File: 1449357408705.png (200KB, 500x315px) Image search: [Google]
1449357408705.png
200KB, 500x315px
I'm thinking about making some eggnog to bring into work. Can't put alcohol in it unfortunately, so my question is if the eggnog is safe to drink without alcohol? Does the alcohol prevent you from getting sick from the raw eggs? What do the store bought brands do to make theirs safe?
>>
>>7177891
Melted milkshake with some spices thrown in.

Mix it with like half milk, if it's light nog it only needs about a splash of milk.
>>
>>7179109
They pasteurize(heat) it to where the eggs are cooked just enough to kill the salmonella.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.