[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Olive Oil

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: olive_oil_fancy.png (58KB, 294x273px) Image search: [Google]
olive_oil_fancy.png
58KB, 294x273px
Alright lads, I'm thinking of getting my mum some high end stuff for Christmas but I don't really know where to start. I reckon extra virgin is the way to go but I'm pretty much stumped from there.

So, what's /ck/'s expert opinion on the best olive oils out there?
>>
>>7160555
Have you actually cooked with olive oil?

What makes one olive oil better than another?
>>
>>7160555
It's all about burn temp bro.

Sweet trips.
>>
>>7160555
California olive ranch is probably the best in the US without going botique. The three last words in that sentence are what matters, which is also why necessarily we can't answer because you would have to find someplace local.
>>
>>7160567
You can get oils infused with other flavors. Fairly retarded but morons buy that shit.

>try my fig chili olive oil

How about you go fuck yourself instead you pathetic moton.
>>
File: Fuck my ass.png (78KB, 773x529px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck my ass.png
78KB, 773x529px
>>7160576
Yo that's expensive as fuck, I figure it's only worth buying in bulk though. since they basically cost 2x the amount in bulk wheras they cost 3x for single bottle.

How much of a difference does "good" olive oil make when cooking though? How long do the bottles last you?

not OP
>>
>>7160576
Anywhere in Europe really, m8. The states are out of bounds for me at this point though.
>>
>>7160555
The quality of olive oil is determined by how delicately the olives were picked, and whether it was done by hand or machine, and whether they fell on the ground first.

In reality, none of this really matters because olive oil has about the same nutritional value as lard, butter or vegetable oil in that you're consuming fat and very little else.
>>
1) Good olive oil is not for cooking
2) Pretty much everything is extra virgin so that doesn't help much
3) Go for small, local producers rather than getting something "authentic" from Italy or Greece. The mafia control a huge part of olive oil production and many "authentic" oils are diluted with canola oil and similar crap
4) The more information on the label about when and where the olives were grown, pressed and bottled, the better. Good, honest companies want to show off that stuff
5) Go for a young oil in a dark glass bottle or metal container
6) Olive oil is best kept away from light and oxygen and tastes of most within two weeks of opening
>>
>>7160612
u wot m8
>>
>>7160567
Complexity of flavour, which gets destroyed by cooking, but OP didn't say his mother was going to cook with it.
>>
>>7160585
There is no reason to get good olive oil if you are going to cook with it. Pretty much anything that has passed testing for extra virgin status and doesn't taste metallic or mouldy will do just fine.
>>
>>7160614
yep. Olive oil is best on salads and the like in my experience
>>
>>7160636
>>7160635

Can confirm that it most definitely won't be used for cooking.
>>
So you guys use olive oil to put on food rather than to cook with it? Can I use it to lube my friends dick for when it goes in my ass
/
>>
>>7160579
But it tastes good, you mong
>>
>>7160661
Yes..yes you could. Olive oil can be used for many things.
>>
>>7160661
Ancient romans say yes
>>
>>7160661
its actually fine to use as a lube, but remember you can't use a rubber with oil- it'll melt clean through

i'm not saying your partner will give you aids, but it's always pleasant to have a barrier with anal to help with friction and make sure your top doesn't get cystitis
>>
>>7160661
Back in the day before my girlfriend let me fuck her pussy, I only got to fuck her ass since Jesus was ok with that apparently, we used olive oil many times. Its actually quite enjoyable, but dont use the expensive type.
>>
>>7160555
Go to nearest middle eastern grocery store (some indian stores might have it also) and get extra virgin oil from lebanon. El koura is my favorite kind. The brand is also sometimes called beirut.

Shit is so good I could drink it straight.

If you're in or around nyc they have it at dual specialty market on avenue a, and at top tomato on south broadway in Yonkers.

Dual specialty also has tons of bulk spices that are worth it if you don't feel like making the trek to somewhere deep in the outer boroughs.
>>
>>7160555
Get her some olive oils that are infused with spices.
>>
>>7160590
>Anywhere in Europe

Then why are you even asking? Just go to Italy, they have controls and tests out the ass for that kinda stuff so you won't be getting diluted shit unlike most of the world.
>>
>>7160864
yonkers native, can confirm.
>>
>>7160579
chili-oil is great
>>
>>7160907
Get a large quantity of good olive oil (not super extra best quality only deserves to be drunk pure, just good), many small glass bottles, and an array of fresh herbs, spices, aromats, roots, garlic, peppers, truffle, etc.
You know what to do from here. Some pure, some with mixes.
I have pizza oil, with thyme, rosemary, bay leaf, garlic, peppers (the only kind I found at the supermarket, will go to an Asian place next time), black pepper. Delicious.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.