[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Entree, starter or however you call it ideas

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

File: monkey.jpg (84KB, 934x622px) Image search: [Google]
monkey.jpg
84KB, 934x622px
I need to cook for 15 people this weekend. Got the main (beef and carbs) and dessert sorted. But I need an entreê idea.

Fresh veggies, seafood, a mousse of some sort, that's what I'm thinking because the main is heavy.

Thanks in advance.

Pic unrelated
>>
I usually like to make a minestrone soup or you could also make something like a pumpkin risotto dish. Its not too heavy so it wont ruin your main dish. That is something I'd make for starters.
>>
>>7154723

A veggie soup is a great idea, it would be easy to make in bulk

But maybe not minestrone if your main dish is also carb heavy. Broccoli and cheddar is a favourite of mine.
>>
>>7154723
A minestrone could work without beans and pasta (but that would be a veggie soup), and a risotto is basically carbs. Thanks for your input anyway lad.
>>
>>7154729
>Broccoli and cheddar

That could work. Care to elaborate?
>>
>>7154731
No problem, I also like to make ratatouille, its simple and delicious
>>
>>7154736

I usually make a weird ketosis version so your'e probably better off looking for a recipe you like online

Basically roast some broccoli, puree in some stock and throw in some grated cheddar, easy.

I've also been making African Peanut Soup lately, might be nice for something different.

Basically sweet potato, shallots and carrots pureed with a cup of peanut butter.
>>
>>7154741
Yeah I thought about making it as side dish, but went for something else because its 15 people, and I'm working in my tiny kitchen so nope.

I thought about some simple salad with some protein. Like quinoa (plus stuff like onions + +) and toping it with a ricotta cake or something that I could do in advance.

As you know, when you host people the critical dish is the first one, coz the main can always stay in the oven and the dessert on the fridge. But the entreê you have to put together as fast as you can.
>>
>>7154751
>I usually make a weird ketosis version so your'e probably better off looking for a recipe you like online

I'm fit so I understand your -ketosis- input but I know how to cook. I'm not looking to avoid carbs just because; I want to balance the meal, as any meal should be. My main is carb heavy so that's why I'm wondering about an entree low in carbs.

I get what you are saying with those recipes. Thanks m8. Appreciate it.
>>
Bumping with no regrets
>>
Bumping this
>>
>>7154712
If you're still around OP, steam some French style green beans over a mixture of water and a few shots of a fruit flavored whiskey or brandy. I used Crown Royal Apple Whisky.

Six minutes in the steamer, and toss in butter, sea salt, and freshly milled pepper or grains of paradise. Too easy.
>>
>>7155339
Thanks man, that could work. Maybe with some poached eggs or scallops. Noted.

Come on /ck/, share your ideas
>>
>>7155926
On the topic of scallops, what I really like is some sauteed scallops in a balsamic or red wine reduction sauce
>>
A bowl of lucky charms.
>>
>>7154712
The word you're looking for is appetizer.
>>
>>7156275
Nice. Thanks

>>7156292
Thanks. What's your favorite?
>>
>>7156539
What else are you cooking? I posted green beans steamed over whisky when I thought you wanted a light side, but now that someone has corrected my mistake, I will need to know what else your cooking. Other anons will also be better able to help if we know what we are paring the appetizers with.

Have you thought about an aperitif?
>>
Order pizza.
Bitches love pizza.
>>
>>7154712

>>7156799
Me again, you could steam then chill the green beans minus the butter and then toss them into a basic salad. Perhaps with some romaine, baby spinach, purple onion, and something a little tart like strawberries or cucumber. Make a nice balsamic vinaigrette, with a dash of the liquor if your adventurous, to lead into the hearty beef dish without adding to the density of the whole meal.
>>
this thread is dildos
>>
>>7156799
>>7156815
Main is beef (oven roasted), red wine reduction for sauce, and gnocchi alla romana + arugula and watercress salad. Going for that because I can prepare it ahead on sat morning.

Nice idea you have there. I could go with the cucumber and maybe add dices of goat cheese. Thanks again anon. The idea of anchovies also is crossing my mind right now but maybe not.
>>
something really fucking simple is cantaloupe and prosciutto

Make a variant by slicing the cantaloupe in the same fashion as the prosciutto and stack them for a cool sweetNsalty sandwich
>>
>>7154712
entree and main dish are same thing, word you're looking for is appetizer, hor d'oeuvres, antipasto, etc

If the main is heavy then consider a light salad bar.If the main is super heavy then look up an hor d'oeuvres recipe. there's thousands

hard to help when i don't know who i'm serving and what else i'm making
>>
>>7156867
Roast beef...gnocci in tomato sauce, and a salad?

The roast beef has no place in there, if you're gonna make this use pesto instead of marinara and put more effort into the veg. Roasted asparagus or something. Serve the salad as an appetizer if you want, whatever.

You're essentially making a fancy spaghetti and salad dinner with a roast beef thrown in. wut?
>>
>>7156970
>entree and main dish are same thing

Only an americlap could be that ignorant
>>
>>7157001
except it was the brits that fucked up the meaning first, and it carried over. hint: im not american

figured OP was a brit and to brits entree refers to main.

so kindly fuck off m8
>>
>>7156983
Didn't say "roast beef" as in the recipe that has that name, oven roasting is a generic cooking method.

Red wine reduction =/=tomato sauce. Gnocci a la romana is not your average potato+flour+eggs gnocci.

Use google.
>>
>>7157053
What is it whit amerilards, I just don't get it. You people are like kids. >>7156983

Can't even comprehend what you read. baka desu lads
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.