[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So when the current Banana cultivar dies, what will replace it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 8

File: Capture.png (1MB, 1058x546px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
1MB, 1058x546px
So when the current Banana cultivar dies, what will replace it?
>>
muh dik
>>
File: trashed.jpg (166KB, 704x656px) Image search: [Google]
trashed.jpg
166KB, 704x656px
>buzzworthy
>>
There are more types of banana than the cavendish. Bananas will just be expensive and have a different 'banana' flavour.
>>
Cavendish a shit anyway. Fuck that cultivar!
>>
I want gros michel back
>>
>>7154051
This. There are so many delicious banks cultivars, yet everyone eats bland as fuck cavendish.
>>
The bananas you're eating nowadays probably are fake ones
>>
>>7153893

This was going to happen eventually. Maybe we can switch back to gros michel as the commodity banana like that other jerk said.

I just hope the bananapocalypse will be followed by a new era of exciting "heirloom" varieties.
>>
>>7154098
The problem is that most varieties of banana don't keep or travel well.
>>
Asian phallus
>>
>>7154070

More like gross michel, lol
>>
>>7153937
rip banana cream pie
>>
This is why we need GMOs>>7153893
>>7153893
>>7153893
>>
>>7154178
You must be 18 to post on 4chan
>>
>>7154813
>believing this
>>
Isn't Panama Disease wiping out the previous favorite the reason that Cavendish cultivars are popular now?

Also, apparently the reason that "artificial banana flavor" taste so different from real banana is that the "artificial flavor" is modeled after the old cultivar, not the current favorite.
>>
>>7154129
>"heirloom" varieties.
what would that even entail?
>>
hopefully some awesome GMO version
>>
>>7154857
There are thousands, I had a dozen different varieties in Hawaii on a farm. They all taste like banana still, just minor differences in flavor and a lot of size variation.
>>
>>7154051
>>7154098
Jesus Christ, could you be more hipster?
>uh, excuse me sir, I only eat farm to plate, Brazilian banana's farmed using non-GMO seeds in a humane environment
>>
>>7153893
We got seed banks honkey. Should be ok till I die. Somebody elses problem.
>>
>>7153893
People have been making the extinction of banana claim for decades.
Not gonna happen.
>>
File: images.jpg (5KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5KB, 320x240px
>>7153893
Another cultivar
>Probably lady finger
>>
>>7154129
Not unless we develop a way for Bananas to reproduce sexually or make them immune to fungi
>>
hooly fuck no

NO

NOOOOO

I love bananas

this cant fucking happen

are ALL bananas going extinct?!
>>
Other bananas taste better. Thai bananas are amazing.
>>
>>7154106
>fake
Yeah they just make them out of sub-par mangoes! (in case you didn't catch the sarcasm you're retarded)

>>7154883
So you're a retard that doesn't understand how cultivars work and thinks that the one you're personally most used to is the only "good pure non-degenerate banana sent by GAWD!"
>>
>>7156114
those are some bananas
>>
File: laffy_taffy_banana_mini-yvk9g7.jpg (107KB, 914x384px) Image search: [Google]
laffy_taffy_banana_mini-yvk9g7.jpg
107KB, 914x384px
will the fake banana flavoring in Laffy Taffy still be around? I love me some banana Laffy Taffy.
>>
>>7154883
My bananas come from Mexico probably grown by borderline slave labor and they're definitely not organic. Also I just go to the grocery store and buy them.

I'm sure your shithole flyover state will get some variety, eventually.
>>
>>7153893
multicultivarisn doesn't work
>>
>>7154879
Yeah, but most banana varieties don't take kindly to shipping and storing. That's why cavendish is popular: it doesn't bruise easily and ripens slowly.
>>
File: DP6ewGx.jpg (66KB, 720x569px) Image search: [Google]
DP6ewGx.jpg
66KB, 720x569px
I love these, they're sweeter than the normal bananas, but not in that gross way overripe bananas get.
>>
>>7156699
When I was a kid, my uncle said they'd often eat red bananas when fishing on the South Atlantic. Never tried them myself.
>>
>>7156646
yeah that's artificial (and based on gros michel)
>>
>>7156699
>red bananas
what the fuck. didn't know these existed
>>
>>7153893
We'll always have artificial banana flavor for popsicles though so I'm not that mad.
>>
>>7156687
I live in New York.
>>
>>7154070
Are you a 75 year old 4chan user?
>>
File: michael gross.jpg (6KB, 189x267px) Image search: [Google]
michael gross.jpg
6KB, 189x267px
>>7154070?
Wait don't you mean this?
>>
>>7154098
What do you like?

Finger bananas? Red Bananas? Plantains perhaps?
>>
>>7153893
Are you concerned that sizing on the next banana will not pleasure your butthole well enough?
>>
Can someone explain me the disease?
>>
>>7156699
I don't actually like the common banana but love those, I think they have an almost raspberry hint to the flavor.

>>7157700
It's a fungus which bananas are vulnerable to because of how they spread underground and because the popular bananas are all clones they are especially vulnerable and it's spreading so fast it can't be stopped. The fungus also lives in the soil so it can't be cleansed the way others can and the only option is to burn down the bananas and plant something else there that's not vulnerable.
>>
>>7156534
No, just the ones worth eating
>>
>>7156114
more like feminine dick
>>
>>7157700
Most of the stuff you buy is gmo. They are essentially all the same genetically. Once theres a disease , it hits all of them at the same time, rapid extinction. Lack of diversity and immunity is to blame.
>>
>>7158118
lack of diversity has nothing to do with GMOs, it was actually much more of a problem before the advent of GMOs
>>
File: mitch-hedberg.jpg (35KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
mitch-hedberg.jpg
35KB, 700x525px
>>7156699
Where the fuck did you get that banana at?
>>
>>7156699
I tried one and it was so dry my mouth literaly dehydrated on the spot and it clung to all the membranes inside my jaw and was very unpleasant.
>>
>>7158118
Ya, those darn dirty GMOs are to blame for the Gros Michels extinction too right?

Go to bed hippy.
>>
>>7158230
it was astringent
>>
File: 077-sly_smile[1].jpg (47KB, 400x224px) Image search: [Google]
077-sly_smile[1].jpg
47KB, 400x224px
>>7158216
heh
>>
>>7154883
>why yes, please serve me another plate-full of bland slop. god forbid I try anything that might have some taste
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.