[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Breakfast Fit for a King

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 11

File: images.duckduckgo.com(10).jpg (59KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com(10).jpg
59KB, 450x300px
To celebrate finals I have invited all of my friends over to get wasted and cook a big ass breakfast.

What should this breakfast consist of?
>>
>>7150922
Laddy, I don't think a king would eat commoner foods like beans.
>>
>>7150924
Forgot to mention
>pick not related
>>
>>7150922
>beans
literally tasteless. You can't even feel them in your mouth. I could have beans in my mouth right now and not know about it. I cannot possibly think of a more bland and boring food.
>>
Le charcuterie board
>>
File: steakandeggs.jpg (110KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
steakandeggs.jpg
110KB, 500x375px
Steak, eggs, homefries, mimosas
>>
Breakfast sausages
Scrambled eggs Or an omelette
Potatoes of some sort (hashbrowns/homefries/whatever)
Bacon/ham
French toast or pancakes
Fresh fruit
>>
Sausage links, waffles and or pancakes, mimosas (were bordering brunch territory here) make the food abundant, but light. Gotta portion properly. Not too much food (save room for the booze, don't be a monster.) champagne. Hard cider. Eggnog and rum.

Country fried steak and eggs.
Crepes. Fruity fruit for the petite ladies.
>>
>>7151011
Oh almost forgot BACON
>>
Oatmeal with fresh fruit, ham, eggs, english muffins, pancakes with cocoa krispies in them, coffee.
>>
>>7151035
Pancakes with coco rice krispies? Or you mean coco puffs? Either way, good idea!
>>
>>7151039
Cocoa Rice Krispies... I like the texture contrast
>>
File: 609401.jpg (61KB, 640x425px) Image search: [Google]
609401.jpg
61KB, 640x425px
Friendly reminder the American South has long mastered the art of breakfast.

Insert grits into pic related.
>>
Bacon
Eggs
Biscuts in Gravy
>>
File: 1449475472648.jpg (58KB, 800x792px) Image search: [Google]
1449475472648.jpg
58KB, 800x792px
>>7151062
what about the hash browns you fucking whore?
>>
File: SNF16BREK---620_1674278a[1].jpg (83KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
SNF16BREK---620_1674278a[1].jpg
83KB, 620x413px
you LITERALLY cant top a full english breakfast
>>
File: IMAG0720.jpg (3MB, 1520x2688px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0720.jpg
3MB, 1520x2688px
Sausage, eggs, hash browns, bacon, biscuits, gravy, something fruity and sweet

Had pic related while camping last weekend
>>
>>7151103
I never understood the just straight tomato halves, what the fuck are you supposed to do with those?
>>
>>7151103
>no hash browns
>no biscuits
>no country fried steak
>no gravy
>no eggs benedict
>no scrambled eggs
>no corned beef hash
>>
>>7151103

>bongs once again posting the same plate of slop they seem to think will cause the rest of the world to reconsider bong cuisine as anything other than slop
>>
>>7151103
The only thing more disgusting than bongs teeth is their food
>>
File: 20150207_141434.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20150207_141434.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
Pretty tasty...
>>
>>7150944
Holy fuck you're retarded
>>
>>7151055
yankee here, what's the white sauce?
>>
>>7151165
>>7151178
I mean if you haven't had a full English I feel bad for you brehs. Its top tier breakfast, and the best example of English food i know. Blood sausage is GOAT, no clue why Americans don't eat it more often.

I'm now wondering about what country gravy would be like with blood sausage.....hhhnnnggg
>>
File: fuccboi.jpg (156KB, 500x362px) Image search: [Google]
fuccboi.jpg
156KB, 500x362px
>>7150944
>>
>>7151327
sausage gravy over some biscuits
>>
File: image.jpg (59KB, 550x412px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59KB, 550x412px
Pic related. You aint gonna need anything else.
>>
endless pancakes eggs and bacon is my go to
>>
cheerios
>>
>>7151126
eat them
>>
sunny side up eggs
hash browns
bacon
grits
pan cakes
>>
>>7151103
I like this. You can make whatever you want out of what's on that plate.
>>
a giant shakshuka
>>
Sausage
Bacon
eggs
beans
fried eggs
mushrooms
tomatoes
fried bread
black pudding

coated in hp sauce

Massive pot of coffee
>>
>>7150922
Brisket breakfast tacos with a nice spicy habenero hotsauce to top it. Wash it down with a michelada. Have a side of fruit with it, pineapple and strawberries, or something. Finalized with sourdough toast with lots of butter.
>>
WHATEVER YOU DO DON'T DO AN OMELETTE. The logistics are almost impossible. Do a frittata. They're hearty and most people approve of scrambled egg casseroles. I like goat cheese and bacon, maybe add spinach too. Fresh fruit as a side.
>>
>>7150922
protip: build your own breakfast burrito bar

scrambled eggs
hashbrowns
sausage/bacon/ham
refried beans
cheese
guac
sour cream
pico
and whatever the fuck else you want. make sure to get the biggest flour tortillas you can find
>>
>>7151000
That's a nice steak you got there anon.
>>
I never thought I'd recommend this for bvreakfast but hey you passed finals its time to not give a fuck. Eat something fatty, it's gonna fill you up for the rest of the day. Bacon perhaps.
>>
File: FFF - Donald bean sandwich.jpg (40KB, 975x738px) Image search: [Google]
FFF - Donald bean sandwich.jpg
40KB, 975x738px
>>7150922
beans
>>
>>7151119

is there cheese in those hash browns?
>>
Am I the only one that can't stand biscuits and gravy? I just don't taste the appeal.
>>
>>7150944
i lol'd
>>
>>7155283
the sausage gravy needs to be good, and the biscuts, thats what makes it
mainly the gravy though
>>
>>7150922
sausages
eggs
good beef (fillet minon, only za little piece for each)
potatoes (hzashed or whatever who cares)
pancakes (thin, like crepes)
spinach and cheese (maybe feta?)
and something fresh like tomatoes or i dont know
COFFEE OR STRONG TEA

FUCK YA
>>
>>7150922
OP, you want a big breakfast so don't stick to one thing, have courses and options.

Full English Breakfast is in the mix, definitely.
Some pancakes because why not, a dash of cinnamon and go easy on the sugar.

You need Eggs Benedict for class and deliciousness. Use Smoked Salmon instead of ham because it's a strict upgrade. Or have both and let people choose, no cooking so easy to decide at the last minute. Steam or slightly grill some asparagus on the side because you need some greens in all of this and they go great with hollandaise.

Hashbrowns are excellent and you can add them to the Full English, it's not tradition but you do no harm in the doing except that...

You can make a USA texmex style Huevos Rancheros. Hashbrowns, buckwheat pancakes (no sugar), some corn chips, eggs sunnyside up, chilli on top and some grated cheese over the lot. A scoop of sour cream on the side.

Do smallish portions of all of the above and you've the best breakfast known to the western world.

Maybe see if you can make tiny little one-egg omelettes using a small pan and a little pudding bowl or ramekin to shape it, stuff it with braised spinach leaves, a little parmesan and fold over. Could be nice. If you decide to make your own hollandaise above then use the left over egg whites to make omelettes and grate some parmesan over it while still warm (to melt it), a grind of black pepper and pinch of salt and then cover in the braised spinach, some pickled sweet peppers and small cubes of fetta goat cheese, it's delicious and also approved of by Bourne villains.

For GOAT breakfast, you'd need to start thinking about congee, yum cha and all sorts of other stuff too but as a strict western one, the above is quite adequate.
>>
>>7155276
No it's smegma.
>>
>Sausages
>Black Pudding
>Mushroom
>Tomato
>Beans
>Bacon
>Fried Egg or Scrambled Egg
>Hashbrowns
>Slice of Toast
>Slice of Fried Bread
>Fresh OJ
>Black Coffee

This would be my last meal
>>
>>7151000
>mimosas

Yeah this, get a shit ton of champagne/sparkling wine and get shitfaced.
>>
File: puta-014.jpg (194KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
puta-014.jpg
194KB, 900x675px
>>7150922
This is my breakfast of champions:

>Plate of rice, cooked in chicken broth with garlic and a little kiss of sazon goya
>Two eggs, fried in olive oil/butter (and more garlic)
>Fried sweet plantains
>Two Colombian chorizos (you guessed it, fried!), or even better, chicharron
>Some beans if you really want to be a garlic-redolent, farting mess
>Top with hogao (basically this Colombian tomato/cilantro/onion sauce that is godly) with hot sauce and more cilantro

It's called, "Plato de puta", the whore's plate (perfect for OP :^)). Well, the original is just rice, fried eggs, and plantains. But then I doctored it up a little bit.

Fuck, I miss Colombia
>>
>>7151327
how can you live in america and not know what biscuits and gravy consist of?

t. not from the south either
>>
Eggs or some kind of western-styled omelete
Sausage
Bacon
Chorizo / Chourico
Homemade hash browns
Biscuts and gravy
>>
>>7151055
>>7151327
>>7155861
>Be New Englandfag
>Visit some family in Kentucky about a year ago
>We go out for breakfast
>Omelet I get comes with a choice of a toast or biscuits and gravy
>Order the toast, my uncle cuts me off and tells the waitress to bring me biscuits and gravy
>O-okay
>Finally eat it
>Fucking amazing.

Wish we had this shit in the northeast. I tried to do a homemade breakfast style gravy using baconfat and it wasn't nearly as good.
>>
>>7155900
Kentu/ck/ian here. Where exactly did you go? Lexington, Louisville, or southern/eastern Kentucky
>>
>>7155941
Outside of Louisville. Can't remember the name, Nicholasville or something to that.
>>
Id personally have eggs benedict with a bit of black pudding and grilled cherry tomatoes
Or for a sweeter one, waffles with strawberries and dark chocolate
>>
>>7155965
Hey! I live outside Louisville!
>>
>>7155900
It's not especially difficult to make, it's just a sausage base milk gravy.
>>
>>7158085
>milk gravy
In the first world we call this a bechamel sauce.
>>
>>7155796
Arepa Arepa Arepa! Miss Columbia too.
>>
>>7158180
Colombia of course.
>>
>>7153653
correct answer
>>
My favorite special occasion breakfast is french toast casserole. It's pretty easy to make, too. You just take a rectangular casserole pan and layer sliced french bread, pour beaten eggs over it, and sprinkle cinnamon-sugar on top of it. I make it the night before and let it set up in the fridge overnight. Bake it in the morning. Can serve with syrup if you want but it's so rich and sweet it doesn't need it.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.