[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Chili

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 178
Thread images: 22

File: IMG_3598.jpg (47KB, 432x306px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3598.jpg
47KB, 432x306px
What do you put in chili /ck/? How do you make it?

No arguing about beans
>>
A lot of beans, a knorr stockpot, some 'cha, and a little chilie powder.
>>
>>7141789
>little chilie powder

Not real chili.
>>
beans, meat, onions, peppers, chili powder and other spices, tomatoes and some 'cha
>>
>>7141801
What are you the chili police?
>>
>>7141784

all trolling aside, the Toller chili recipe is pretty god damn good. I add a couple of roasted beef bones (with the marrow if I'm feeling fat) to the pot at the beginning and that helps it along quite a bit
>>
>>7141806
Yes.

Chili has loads of chili powder.
>>
>>7141820
>Toller chil

Tolbert fml
>>
>>7141784
But putting beans in chili is awful and isn't real chili
Only yankee scum put beans in chili
>>
>>7141784
For simple vegetarian chili I eat often:

Sautee onion until soft, add 1 tsp garlic.
Add can of drained/rinsed kidney beans.
Add can of diced tomatoes.
Add 1 tbls chili powder, 1/2 tsp ground cumin, salt if you want
Works for me.
>>
Ground Sausage
Onion
Yellow Bell Pepper
Jalapeno
Garlic
Diced Tomato
Tomato Puree
Cannelloni Beans
Cumin, Chili Powder, Black Pepper

Basic af but always tasty.
>>
>>7141784
desu i have been looking for a chili to impress my dad. He puts grilled steak in his.

beans is a positive.

inspire me.
>>
>>7141947

Or you could use the local rule in this part of Texas -- if you don't like the way the cook made the chili, instead of bitching about it and annoying everyone, go make your own chili the way you want it. If you aren't going to do that, then be a man and shut up.
>>
>>7141947

Bitching about beans in chili marks you for what you really are -- just another worthless punk.
>>
I made an abomination of a chilli a few days ago.
>caramelised onions
>caramlised garlic
>generic chilies from lidl
>ground beef
>chilli powder
>ungodly amount of paprika
>kidney beans
>tinned tomatoes

Cooked for 3 hours.
10/10 would eat again, regardless of it not being "real chili."
>>
The only reason I don't use beans in my chili is because I've never liked beans. I can see why people use them though, beans are a lot cheaper than ground beef and some people like them.

My chili is usually:
>beef
>can of tomatoes
>onion
>salt
>chili powder
>garlic
>spicy peppers that grow in my yard
>chipotle pepper

Simple as fuck and delicious.
>>
Beef
Can of Tomatoes
Whiskey
Spicy stuffs
>>
how do i make beans guys pls

first time bf made them he rolling bioled them to death and they tasted like powder

second time I soaked overnight, popped them in slow cooker and came home to mushy overcooked mess of beans.

pls help, kidney/black/pinto only pls
>>
>>7142469
Buy canned beans.
>>
1 can beans
1 can corn
lean ground beef
Garlic salt
Onion powder
2 cups ketchup
1 cup bbq sauce
pepper to taste
>>
File: Marco-Pierre-White-Picture-04.jpg (301KB, 960x550px) Image search: [Google]
Marco-Pierre-White-Picture-04.jpg
301KB, 960x550px
Can i ask a semi-related question here.

What is the best brand of Chipotles in Adobo in ur opinion?
>>
One yellow onion
One head of Canadian garlic
One jalapeño
Three colours of Bell pepper
750g or so mushrooms
750g or so ground beef
One can diced tomatoes
Two cans of kernel corn
One can chick peas
Enough canned red kidney beans
2 tbsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin
2 tbsp salt
Fresh ground black pepper
Half teaspoon of cayenne pepper
One Bay leaf

Brown ground beef, do not drain fat.
Chop and sweat fresh vegetables and mushrooms in pan containing beef fat, until reduced in size. Place all in crock.
Pour diced tomatoes in crock pot. Rinse other canned vegetables then place in crock.
Season. Cook for 8 hours.
>>
>>7142593
You should consider adding some bbq sauce, it adds a nice smokiness.
>>
>>7142602
No I'd prefer not. BBQ sauce is invariably loaded with sugar or HFCS, which is basically a poison.
But I like the idea of smokiness. I have some liquid smoke but I'm just never sure how much to add, it's very strong stuff.
>>
>>7142608
Actually, liquid smoke is much worse for you. You should add a bit of Jack's own The Best Barbecue Sauce You'll Ever Taste!
>>
>>7142617
The only people who think liquid smoke is bad are the same people who pound back 300 grams of liquid sugar from Starbucks, pretty sure.
Stop trying to shill sugar on me dude.
>>
>>7142625
Ha ha, it is ok my friend. I understand that sometimes people can get confused with all the information that gets thrown around on the web, but trust me. Jack only uses the finest ingredients from his home state of Tennessee, and the sauce is prepared with loving, christian hands. You will truly taste the difference.
>>
>>7142625
>liquid carcinogen vs crystallized sap
>>
>>7142608
>sugar
>which is basically poison

Fat person detected.
>>
>>7142838
Person who passes out for milliseconds at a time while reading text online detected.
>>
>>7142840
Fuck this detection shit, you're an idiot.
>>
>>7142854
The world is not out to get you, anon.
>>
The most important thing for my Chili is home stewed tomato.

Canned tomato are horrible for making Chili.

Canned tomato are very rubbery and you have to cook them down for hours and hours before they finally start to break apart.

What you have to use for chili is real home stewed tomato, it makes the best chili.

Home stewed tomato are the kind jarred in Glass mason jars made from fresh tomato. Or if your family does not make home stewed tomato then you will have to stew your own batch from fresh tomato.

That will take time but not as much time as cooking down canned tomato from a can.

Those canned tomato are very tough.

If you have the right tomato you can make a really good chili.

the rest is easy, its kidney beans, chili beans, ground beef seasoned with mexican spices, salt and onion.

And you have to do is add you chili spices and simmer it.

If you dont start with good tomato base you wont have a good chili.
>>
My go to for awesome authentic chili is:

ground turkey
tomatoes
corn
onions
at least 2-3 kinds of beans, generally kidney, garbanzo, black
bell peppers (no more than two, don't want to much heat)
celery
cumin, bay leaves, garlic, oregano, pepper, plenty of sage
at most one jalapeno, don't want it too spicy

Serve that shit over some brown rice and you're in heaven.
>>
>>7142867
>Canned tomato are very rubbery
>Those canned tomato are very tough.

Is this an American thing? Canned tomatoes are nothing like that where I am.

One of the benefits to using canned tomatoes here is that the tomatoes used are picked ripe rather than unripe unlike those you'd get from the shops. If you wanted to make home good home stewed tomatoes you'd have to grow your own too.
>>
>>7142883

Yea we do grow our own tomato's.

And every year we jarr up a bunch of them that we use for Chili, or Spaghetti and Lasagna.

We only pick our tomatos when they are ready and we jarr them up as stewed tomato.
>>
When you make stewed tomato you have to Blanch them and peel the skins off and then Core them and quarter them.

Then you have to saute onion and celery that is chopped up and you have to add the tomato to stew them till they are cooked.

We jar up the stewed tomato in mason jars to use all year long.
>>
Making chili today with ground chicken, beef chorizo, kidney beans, red beans, roasted green and poblano peppers, two cans of rotel chilis and tomatoes, onion, and a clove of garlic. Threw a bit of cumin in, will season more if needed.
>>
>>7142923

Dont forget to season.

That means to add salt to taste.

Adding spices is not the same thing as Seasoning.

Rookie mistake.

When a chef says he is going to season something it does not mean he is going to add 'seasonings'. It means he is going to add salt to taste.

That is the process of seasoning a dish.
>>
>>7141954
Same here, but I also add 1 bell pepper and oregano.
>>
>ground beef
>>
>>7142961

Beans were canned and i think the chirizo had a ton of sodium too. But I always taste anyways, it's slow cooking so there's lots of time for adjustments.
>>
>>7142867
This is the first time Ive ever heard of people bitching about canned tomato, especially in a dish like chili. The long slow cooking and powerful flavors are in charge here. And the canned tomatoes I buy from a range of decent brands have all been quite good to me. So your home grown stewed tomatoes might be a shade better, but canned tomatoes in no way ruin a good chili. You're being overly dramatic.
>>
For those who do like beans in their chili:
Black beans or good old kidney beans?
>>
>>7141784

pinto or navy
>>
>>7143241

I always use pinto.
>>
>>7143204

All the family agrees that the Tomato that we do ourselves are alot better then the canned that we can buy in the store.

Which is why we go through all the hassle of doing our own tomatoes each year.

If it was not a huge improvement in flavor I wouldn't do it every year because its alot of work and time put into it.

But in the end you have better food then you can buy from cans so its worth it to us.

We use the tomato for Chili but also for Spaghetti sauce or for making other pasta like Lasagna.
>>
>>7143214
black beans always. Black beans keep their bite better than any other bean. I hate mushy beans
>>
>>7143214

Chili beans are sold that are basically pinto beans with some chili powder in them. Those are ok.

But what I like generally is to mix 3 types of beans. Pintos with Dark and normal kidney beans.
>>
>>7141947
Dude, a lot of us Texans put beans in chili. The only ones who still bitch about it are unchangeable old cowboy-esque men and their wives who are really just about "sticking by their men".
>>
>>7142498
For a small-sized can, I personally like Embasa.
I also like Faro a lot (we use it at work), but I've only found one site that sells them in a small can.
>>
>>7143350

We have a lot of old cowboys and ranchers in my area. Ask them about beans in chili and they don't have any idea why there would be a controversy at all. They like it fine either way and they damned sure aren't going to whine about it having or not having beans.
>>
>everyone uses beans all of a sudden

What the fuck? Beans are disgusting, I can't understand why people like then.
>>
>>7144955

It sounds like you have a problem, then.
>>
pretty much just whatever I have around the house plus the mainstays of chili peppers, tomatoes, and ground beef
>>
>>7144955
>Beans are disgusting

haha, whatever you say, kidd-o.
>>
>>7141821
Because of your post, I doni't want any chili...
>>
File: FB_IMG_1449451083545.jpg (38KB, 662x662px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1449451083545.jpg
38KB, 662x662px
1 1/2 of bacon
4 cloves of garlic
1 diced onion
1 red, orange, and yellow bell pepper
3 tablespoons of chili powder
1 tablespoon of chiptole powder
2 pounds of 85 percent of lean beef
15 ounces each of black, brown, and kidney beans
24 ounce can of crushed tomatoes and 24 ounce can of diced tomatoes.
>>
>>7142469
For black I soak overnight, bring to a boil then reduce to absolute minimum heat, cook for two hours stirring occasionally, then add a bit of salt and cook for another half hour to forty five minutes. Sometimes they take longer or shorter, you just have to watch them and play around with it.
>>
Start with 1 large can of pork and beans, drain it and remove any pork. Then, cut up one quarter of an onion (I usually use the slapchop). Add 2 HEAPING tablespoons of mayo. Finally, add 2 caps of white vinegar and stir. Best chili I've had.
>>
>>7146153

This has to be a joke.
>>
>>7146392
>has seriously never seen salad night

A little new, are we?
>>
>>7141784
Not american, but making what I'd call chilli con carne I do something like this:

Olive oil
Fry Onion, Garlic
Fry Mince
add Crushed tomatoes, beans (if wanted)
then Fresh tomatoes (chopped), chopped chilli, capsicum, coriander seed, cumin, paprika, ground chilli
Simmer indefinitely
Salt & pepper
stir in some fresh coriander leaves
done
>>
>>7146437

salad night?

I've been around for more than a year but with some gaps.
>>
1 lb kidney beans boiled for three hours in Sriracha. 6 tbsp of chili powder. One whole garlic and four onions.
>>
File: American_bean_salad.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
American_bean_salad.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>7146770
It's called an American bean salad.
>>
>>7146847
H E A P I N G
E
A
P
I
N
G
>>
>>7141820
>fat makes you fat
You sure arent retarded or anything.
>>
File: gorilla.jpg (6KB, 202x249px) Image search: [Google]
gorilla.jpg
6KB, 202x249px
>ground beef
>red kidney beans
>onoin/garlic/celery/tomatoes
>peanut butter/pineapple
>red pepper paste
wa la best chili you ever gon eat. Your welcom anon kun
>>
>>7146847
That looks disgusting and it made me want to throw up. Do Americans really eat this?
>>
>>7146898
>Do Americans really eat this?
Nope. I've never seen garbage like this in my life, much less eaten it.
>>
>>7146898
I'm from a """"""""""""""""""""""""""flyover"""""""""""""""""""""""""" town and I've literally never seen something this disgusting at a family gathering actually get eaten. Occasionally some cousin's slut of a wife will throw together something like this but it will only be eaten by flies.
>>
>>7141784
>What do you put in chili /ck/? How do you make it?
Method 1 is browning ground sirloin (leaner the better, so you don't have to remove fat later). Onions, garlic, bell pepper (or poblano). Add cumin and chili powder to the pot and toast a bit, then canned whole tomatoes. Bring to boil, check for seasoning pepper/salt/cayenne, reduce to simmer, and add dark red kidney beans if not going to simmer very long. Can be a quick 30min or less dinner. I serve with skillet cornbread, sometimes with rice instead.

Method 2, I brown 3lbs or more of large chunks of chuck roast on all sides. I toast then soak 6-7 dried ancho, california and guajillo chilies, and puree in hot water to cover with white onion and garlic. I add the chili slurry to the pan of beef, with crushed tomatoes in puree, and put into my pressure cooker and give it 25 mins on medium-high til beef is tender. I serve various ways, kind of treat it like mexican food, and have lime wedges, sour cream dollop, maybe some cilantro on top. Sometimes I make little instant masarepa meal (soaked in hot milk) arepa cakes for some frying cheese on top, or a cornbread, but other times I might sprinkle some fried tortilla strips on top, or even pork rinds. I love to pass around hot salsa, or my favorite is to take some of those anchos, slice with scissors into rings and panfry those, they get very smoky and crispy and add a nice sweet-hot heat. Texas chili is fine as a burrito filling, tostada bar topping, or a side with some mashed potatoes or rice. Beans isn't needed but it wouldn't ruin it. Hominy in the pot makes it very corny tasting and delicious, as it is in pozole.
>>
>>7146847

The poster referred to it as chili.
>>
>>7146881
>peanut butter
I am incredulous, but tell me more...
>>
>>7146955
It adds salt, and a nice nutty flavor. Plays well with the pineapple. I made this shit hungover one day. Gave some to my neighbor. "That shit's bangin". I knew I had a hit. But keep it a secret.
>>
File: bowl-of-red.jpg (182KB, 960x642px) Image search: [Google]
bowl-of-red.jpg
182KB, 960x642px
If it aint a bowl of red, then all you got there is some bean soup
>>
>>7146987 <--- Yet another know-nothing punk
>>
>>7146982
Pineapple????
>>
honest to god, beef liver is pretty meh normally but in a chili it becomes godlike. the sometimes off-putting iron-y taste nearly entirely dissipates and it becomes so very tender, highly recommend 10/10
>>
>>7147051

If you are not anemic, you probably don't need the extra iron.
>>
>>7147091
yeah but it tastes good
>>
File: Booker T dumps Mortis.gif (1MB, 199x146px) Image search: [Google]
Booker T dumps Mortis.gif
1MB, 199x146px
>>7147034
OhYou.jpg
it werkd. maybe you can use white beans with it in stead of red. Goes great with PB, and the heat of the red pepper paste adds a nice panache.
>I wont be here all day
on the contrary
>>
Beef
Red beans
Red peppers
Onions
Garlic
Jalapenos
Valentina
Worcestershire sauce
Crushed tomatoes
Diced tomatoes
Tomato paste
Ale
White wine
Dark chocolate
Salt
Pepper
Chili powder
Cumin
Garlic powder
Cayenne powder
Beef bouillon cubes
Brown sugar
Dried basil
Paprika
Dried oregano
>>
>>7141784
I like mixing ground beef and sausage with my chili. I've experimented with adding small chunks of beef instead of using ground, but it always turns out chewy and kind of tough instead of tender.
>>
>>7141784
I make the best chili in the world.

Bragging is one of the ingredients.
>>
>>7142495
That sounds trurly awful. That amount of ketchup would make me want to vomit.
>>
>>7146898
>Do Americans really eat this?

One American does, and his name is Ja/ck/.
>>
>>7146847
The fuck this is disgusting and I've never seen nor heard of it before today and I'm glad.
>>
The only thing I don't like in my chili is whole tomato chunks.

I will eat pretty much anything else in chili.
>>
>>7147474
Why? What defines a chunk?
>>
>>7147474

Well I consider a tomato chunk being about the size of someones thumb, I don't mean tiny little diced pieces or anything like that.
>>
Anyone have a recipe for a simple chilli that isn't terrible spicy? (I'm a bitch)

Preferably something that uses a dutch oven.
>>
>Beef
>Beans
>Onion
>Peppers (red chili and long green usually)
>Spices (cumin, chilipowder, garlic powder, black pepper, coriander)
>Canned tomatoes
>>
>>7147870
Follow literally any recipe but cut back on the hot peppers.
>>
>>7142867

>Canned tomato are horrible for making Chili.

Thats why I use passata

Problem solved
>>
>>7141784
start with some chopped unions and garlic. add the ground beef, add salt, pepper, chilli powder. add tomato sauce. and to top it off, kidney beans. and then I stuff that in a nice flour tortilla.
>>
Cincinnati chili ?
>>
File: white-chili-ay-1875803-x[1].jpg (31KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
white-chili-ay-1875803-x[1].jpg
31KB, 300x300px
trigger warning

I enjoy white chicken chili with beans
>>
>>7148157

I do too.
University I am at quit making it, feelsbadman.jpg
>>
>>7148157

That doesn't look like chili at all. How much chili powder do you use?
>>
>>7148157

Still no justification why you think this could be called chili?
>>
>>7146847

This is why I don't feel bad about Jack getting BTFO on that investor television show.
>>
File: dinner.png (4MB, 1544x1572px) Image search: [Google]
dinner.png
4MB, 1544x1572px
not specifically a chili, but close enough

started off making regular chilis like OPs, but began experimenting over the years with different spices, veggies and condiments etc
>>
Both green and black olives, from my dad's Cuban heritage
>>
>>7148864

Chili powder? Why don't you use whole chilies?
>>
>>7150978
Needs to have both dried and fresh. Dried chilies are going to give chili a dark color.
>>
Two weeks ago my mom and I made chili with turkey meat, butternut squash, chili pepper and black beans. It was pretty good, but you had to put sour cream on it to make it really good.
>>
File: gxElAiW.gif (1MB, 477x268px) Image search: [Google]
gxElAiW.gif
1MB, 477x268px
>>7148133
>>
>>7141784
in this order:
olive oil
diced onions
minced meat
chicken broth
sieved tomatoes
beans
corn
a bit of a dark beer: most of the times it's guiness
fresh peppers
tabasco
thyme
oregano
a bit of cocoa (unsweeted)
salt

let it simmer till the consistence is as desired
>>
Several types of beans, onions, bell peppers, mushrooms, ground beef, tomato sauce. And of course chili spice mix. I use a recipe I found online that works pretty well.
>>
>>7141784
What's with the Cincinnati chili? Who the hell puts cinnamon and chocolate in chili? That's pretty nasty....
>>
>>7153304
>chilli
>no chillies or chilli powder
>>
I'm making some crockpot chili right now and just realized that I forgot to rinse my beans (drained them though). Am I fucked?
>>
>>7153539
Keep on cooking on...you're good! It'll be alright.
>>
>>7153561
Thanks for the encouragement, familia. First time I've ever made chili. First time I've cooked in months, for that matter, following an oil splatter incident which very nearly left me with second degree burns on my genitals.
>>
>>7141789
I usually add some guac too
>>
>>7153578
kek'd

sorry for your dick though
>>
File: 1423159768806.jpg (7KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1423159768806.jpg
7KB, 250x250px
>>7145824
>No arguing about beans
Let's argue about chili!
>>
Something that is rarely mentioned is that chili needs to "age".
The flavors really don't come together until at least a day or two after its cooked. I don't necessarily mean long slow cooking, I mean sitting in the fridge for a couple days after the cooking is done.
The next day difference is large, but still rarely mentioned.
>>
>>7141784
Kidney beans
Sundried tomatoes
Tomato paste
Onion
Red chilli peppers
Beef (mince & chunks)
Water
Beer
Chicken stock
Chilli powder / cayenne
Oregano
Salt & pepper
>>
Beer and chocolate usually make the best chili.
>>
What do you eat with chili?

Pasta like a fag?
Rice like a fag?
Bread, again, like a fag?
Cornbread like a fag from the south?
>>
>>7153617
That's pretty much the standard for any soup or stew dish. Most are better on the second day after all the flavors have had time to mingle and come together.
>>
>>7153682
Mashed potato or chips (fries) like a boss. Add fried eggs on top for bonus points.
>>
>>7153688
That's even worse than pasta and cheese with chili.
>>
>>7153692
>cheese on its own with a good bowl of chili
Not required, but nice.
>pasta with chili
Literally what the fuck are you doing, just go to Olive Garden you made a fucking pot of slop.
>>
2-3lbs chuck roast
Chili powder + oregano + paprika + salt/pepper + garlic/onion powder
Diced white onions + garlic + jalapenos
Beef broth
Tomato sauce
Rotel
Worcestershire sauce
Masa harina
Kidney beans

Serve with cheese and crushed tortilla chips on top. I'm making some right now.
>>
File: IMG_2466.jpg (97KB, 633x438px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2466.jpg
97KB, 633x438px
>>7153682
>In a bowl with saltines.
>put it in a burger
>fries
>hotdog
>>
>>7143350
I'm a 30 year old non cowboy Texan. I'll sometimes use beans, someone's won't. Depends on time and budget. The whole debate is hilarious though, but I'm pretty sure there are some Australians stirring the pot
>>
File: ways.jpg (184KB, 508x384px) Image search: [Google]
ways.jpg
184KB, 508x384px
>>7146463
That doesn't sound too bad. Some faggots here will put chocolate in their "chili".

And then there is pic related unholy abomination. Ohioans are literally the worst people on earth.
>>
>>7153728
Is that Cincinnati chili?

I'd like to try it once, but ill never make it. It seems like a dish only an old black man can make right.
>>
>>7153728
Do people really use chili as spaghetti sauce?
The beans in the chili itself are supposed to be the carb load, or meat extender. I guess it would work with pasta, it a weird way, if you're really poor and loved chef boyardee and hamburger helper, and that shitslop casserole in old school cafeterias. Its not really a recipe worth sharing though.
>>
>>7153739
Just take a huge shit in a pot, that's Cincinnati "chili".
>>
>>7153744
>Do people really use chili as spaghetti sauce?

It's a regional thing. Cincinnati Chili aka "skyline chili"
>>
>>7153728
>tfw went out with family to Skyline Chili and was the only person who refused to get anything with Chili in it

I don't understand the appeal of this shit
>>
>>7153744
>The beans in the chili itself are supposed to be the carb load
>eating chilli on its own
>>
>>7153744
Around here it's really common for people to add pasta to their chili. If not over spaghetti, something like elbow macaroni. It's bizarre to me, and kind of gross. I mean, it can't alter the taste too badly, but pasta is pasta and chili is chili.
>>
>>7153783
Real chili is pretty based by itself.
>>
>>7153783

I don't know where the hell you're from that considers chili a topping but I hope I never go there.
>>
>>7154165
I think the implication was bread/cornbread. Which, incidentally, I found a limited time honey cornbread loaf at my supermarket today. Eating that along with my crockpot chili (same guy from earlier). It seems to be ready, tastes pretty damn good, but I'm going to wait out the final 20 minutes anyway. Can't oversimmer chili, right?
>>
>>7154165
>chili a topping

Have you never had Chili cheese fries? Chili cheese hot dogs? Chili Cheese burgers?

Chili is a delicious topping and fucking delicious on its own. I don't know about chili pasta though.
>>
File: chili.png (3MB, 1261x945px) Image search: [Google]
chili.png
3MB, 1261x945px
Behold, the final product of my first ever attempt.

It's pretty good, but it's missing something. Can't quite put my finger on it. Maybe add celery next time?
>>
>>7154279
Try adding banana peppers. Tangy and delicious addition.
>>
File: chili.jpg (119KB, 591x614px) Image search: [Google]
chili.jpg
119KB, 591x614px
>>7154279
looks a lot like the stuff I made tonight
>>
>>7154343
needs more tomatoes
>>
>>7154165

One popular dish in some areas is to empty an invidual sized bag of fritos on a plate and then pour canned chili over it.

It's surprisingly good.

When I fix this, I don't use beans.
>>
>>7154343

>tomatoes
>beans

holy mole white people actually do this
>>
File: image.jpg (288KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
288KB, 1024x1024px
Award winning
>>
>>7154608
Recipe?
>>
>>7154165
Never had chili and eggs with hashbrowns or tortilla?

Fuck man I feel sorry for you
>>
>>7154608

>corn in chili

into the trash it goes
>>
>>7154608

mah nigga, louisville reporting in; waddy is a shithole. I've never been but I can only imagine
>>
>>7141784
no fucking beans, that's for goddamn sure
>>
>>7141803
>some 'cha

you just fucked it up
>>
>>7146987
>>7146987
fuckin a cotton. that's legit bowl o red!
>>
File: detroit_chili_sauce_pkg_lg.jpg (954KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
detroit_chili_sauce_pkg_lg.jpg
954KB, 1000x750px
Not just beef, but ground beef heart.
>>
File: l105996-1.jpg (40KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
l105996-1.jpg
40KB, 640x360px
>>7154637
>Never had chili and eggs with hashbrowns or tortilla?
I'm with you anon, that shit is delicious.
>>
>>7154652

If you don't like the beans, go make your own chili the way you like it and quit whining.
>>
My chili recipe is always changing but it's
loosely based of off this:
oil
brown meat(usually ground turkey, last time I used chorizo, if I'm doing vegetarian skip this)
onions, garlic, celery and carrots(bell pepper if I have it)
usually add in extra veggies like corn, kale, or sweet potato
add crushed/diced tomatos and tomato paste
add beans. I don't really care which ones I use but usually it's black, kidney or garbanzo.
for spices I use chili powder, cumin, paprika and cayenne.
I wanna add a jalapeno next time.
I like to eat it on top of brown rice, or by itself with cornbread. For toppings I like sour cream, cheese or avocado.
>>7148157
white chicken chili is soo fucking good.
>>
>>7154952
>if I'm doing vegetarian

There's no such thing as vegetarian chili you twit. It's meat, chili powder, liquid and whatever else you want to add. Bean stew isn't chili, damn you.
>>
>>7142871
>Authentic chili
>Turkey and brown rice

Kill yourself.
>>
Ive only entered one cook off so far, but i took 1st and 3rd place out of 14 total competitors by entering one pot under another name. Both were similar, based around 2 pound tri tip roasts marinaded in beer. They both had smoked bacon, but they were different smokes. The two used different onions, canned vs fresh tomatos, and a slightly different seasoning set besides that.

>the winning pot had
red onion
canned stewed tomatos
pecan smoked bacon
poblano pepper
green and red bell peppers
garlic.
>for spices i used
onion powder
garlic powder
ancho chile powder
paprika
cumin
bay leaf
a little lime juice
also less than half of a chocolate trinidad scorpion pepper
>>
>>7141784
I use kidney beans because I only started cooking chilli recently and don't really care for preserving the original recipe. I like Italian cooking so cream in carbonara triggers me but I can deal with beans in chilli. Does this make me racist?
>>
>>7153744
Spaghetti red is made without beans.
>>
>>7148157
That isn't chili, anon.
>>
>>7154952
Is your dad disappointed in you because of the whole faggotry thing?
>>
>>7153714
This sounds good.

Here's mine:

2 lbs meat (bacon & turkey, usually), browned
2 chopped onions, sautéed + garlic
2 chopped RED bell peppers
2 cans diced tomatoes
1 can kidney beans, drained not rinsed
1 can black beans, same
1/4 cup chili powder
1/4 cup hot sauce
1 tbsp. Worcestershire
Up to 2 cups chicken stock
Salt and pepper
Juice of 1 lime
Shot of tequila

Everything goes into the slow cooker on low for 24 hours
>>
ground meat, 50/50 pork/beef
canned kidney beans
chili powder from lidl
sambal oelek
a can hacked tomatoes

Brown beef, drain fat
Roast beans for a few minutes, then pour in water and powder
boil most water off
add tomatoes
boil some more
add sambal oelek
add beef
remove from heat and let it sit ~15 minutes
>>
what do you guys think about using simple tomato sauce or tomato soup? Low on the sugar content obviously. I like real thick chili and I thought one of these might help.
>>
>>7147160
or eat it out of a can you fag
that doesn't even sound good senpai baka
>>
kidney or pinto beans
ground meat or meat chunks, depends what I wanna do that day
obvious vegetables like onions and tomatoes
cumin
chili powder
garlic
roasted chipotle peppers cooked in the chile for a smokey, spicy flavor
sometimes bell peppers
>>
>>7156961
I've used simple tomato sauce before to keep it on the thicker side, not a bad idea.
>>
I usually use both tomato sauce and either whole tomatoes or canned tomatoes.
>>
meat
kidney beans
cumin
chili spice
corn
green pepper
celery
yellow onion
S+P
tomato paste
stewed tomatoes
red pepper flakes
garlic

I think that's it. Not sure if I forgot anything
>>
>>7141784
400g lowfat (3%) ground beef
garlic, salt
1 can (rinsed) kidney beans
1 small can (140g) corn
1 can blended tomatoes
1 can diced tomatoes

seasoning:
some chicken stock powder
good amount of thai curry mix powder (get hq one) -- cumin is the winner here
some fruity curry powder
some chili flakes
some chopped chilies
a lot of cinnamon -- im talking way more than you think. like 6 tablespoons. trust me. its awesome.
some pepper too
>>
File: 1413167011231.png (92KB, 177x213px) Image search: [Google]
1413167011231.png
92KB, 177x213px
>not using unsweetened cocoa in your chili
>>
File: IMG_0099.jpg (151KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0099.jpg
151KB, 500x750px
>>7141784
>tfw chili tastes way better after a day of refrigeration and 2 minutes of microwaving
Thread posts: 178
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.