[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any reason, aside from the novelty of it, to eat bison

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: American_bison_k5680-1.jpg (1MB, 2700x1761px) Image search: [Google]
American_bison_k5680-1.jpg
1MB, 2700x1761px
Is there any reason, aside from the novelty of it, to eat bison instead of regular beef?
>>
>>7140005
It tastes like a big woolly cow.
>>
It depends on what you mean by "regular beef".

If you mean that in the same sense as "normal food" (a term used by flyovers to justify eating fifth-rate garbage), then I'd rather eat bison because the worst bison farms are still not as bad as the worst "regular beef" farms.

I have no problem getting good quality beef though, and I prefer local. Since there is no local bison here, it's just a novelty.
>>
>>7140005
Bison meat is leaner (healthier) and carries its own unique flavor profile.
>>
File: 1447185107107.jpg (68KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1447185107107.jpg
68KB, 960x960px
>>7140005
I'm going to drive across the country to Yellowstone one day. Are bison aggressive? Will it let me pet it?
>>
>>7140303
Yes. They encourage you to pet them.
>>
>>7140303
nah you don't pet them. they will come up to your car doe, its cute af desu
>>
>>7140303
I've pet bison before but they weren't wild. You can probably get away with touching one for a moment if any come up to your car but they very aggressive animals by nature and have fucked up plenty of cars from idiots fucking with them.

Even in captivity they are extremely dangerous.
>>
It tastes good and it tends to be leaner. Can you not tell the difference between how the meats of two different animals taste, OP?
>>
>ground beef
>>
>>7140005
>bison instead of regular beef

Are you implying that bison is a kind of beef?
>>
More lean less fat, but not by a lot
>>
>>7140370
Pretty much. The American bison population was in the hundreds a century ago. They only brought it back up by mixing em with cattle, so all modern bison are pretty much part cow
>>
>>7140370

The relation is fairly close. They can, after all, breed with cattle.
>>
>>7140041
>fat is bad meme
Fucking off yourself you nignorant pleb.
>>
>ground beef
>>
File: jackson003.jpg (76KB, 800x522px) Image search: [Google]
jackson003.jpg
76KB, 800x522px
>>7140455

Beefalo!
>>
File: north texas.jpg (391KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
north texas.jpg
391KB, 1024x768px
>>7140005
I had a rare bison filet down in North Texas at some fancy pants restaurant. It was the best cut of meat I had ever eaten.
>>
>>7140005
You are a redskinned Injun.
>>
buffalo are cute ^o^
>>
>>7140041
ive heard this
>>
>>7140626
literally no fat: the steak
>>
>>7140005
When I make hamburgers I like to include as many different kinds of animal as possible into one patty.

Last time it included wild hog, lamb, bison, deer, elk, pronghorn, beef, and bear all mixed into one delicious hamburger patty.

8 different animals had to die to make my dinner happen that night.
>>
>>7140005
Stronger, distinctive flavor primarily. It's also pretty lean and can handle being quite rare which is nice. Bison steaks and tartare are pretty great. Not as tasty as elk or moose imo but very nice nonetheless.
>>
>>7142206
I've had camel strip loin before. I'd bet it's tougher and leaner.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.