[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Babbys first croque madame. I fucked up the egg and bechamel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 20151205_115037.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20151205_115037.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Babbys first croque madame. I fucked up the egg and bechamel so they are lessons for next time.

Any tips on improving bechamel?
>>
>>7138562
How was it?
>>
>>7138583

Better than a standard toasted sandwich. Bechamel was too thick I think. I'm gonna try less flour and slightly more warm milk next time.
>>
>>7138614
What was your recipe?

Something like 2 T. flour per cup of milk is pretty common in recipes, but I've always found it way too thick and I use half of that.
>>
>>7138653

I followed the recipe from the munchies video on making croque madames.
>>
>>7138614
If it wasn't good, make it better. If it was good then enjoy the delight and ignore the appearance.
>>
>>7138562
Good bechamel is made with roux first (half butter-half flour) then adding milk.

A good and well detailed recipe (disclaimer : it's in froggyspeak) : http://chefsimon.lemonde.fr/marques/chef-simon/recettes/sauce-bechamel--8
>>
File: 1414200142841.jpg (45KB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
1414200142841.jpg
45KB, 240x320px
>>7138562
Try again
>>
>>7139706

Tell us how you made your bechamel and we can tell you where you went wrong.

Bechamel is one of the 5 main mother sauces.

All culinarians know how to make the mother sauces.

Like he says you need to use Roux. And you add the roux to Cream for the best bechamel sauce. Make sure to strain it well before you serve it.

To poach an egg is simple, boil a small pot of water, once it reaches boiling turn the temp all the way to low low, then you can add a splash of white vinegar, this is a cheat. Then crack in the egg.
>>
>>7139977
Don't forget to use ultra fresh eggs, the white is more thick and stay around the yolk way better.
>>
>>7140138
this is true.

I do alot of poached eggs for my egg sausage muffins I make a home.

And every once in a while you get an egg that goes into the water and the white just explodes everywhere in the water. It does not hold together at all and you can tell it was probably an old egg.

You have to start over.

But its very rare for that to happen.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.