[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey ck what can i do with lemongrass? i just got some from my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: lemongrass-1.jpg (3MB, 2659x3995px) Image search: [Google]
lemongrass-1.jpg
3MB, 2659x3995px
hey ck what can i do with lemongrass? i just got some from my local farmers market but i have no clue what to do with it
>>
>>7135094
Make lemon jello
>>
lemon grass and ginger marinade
>>
>>7135094
You're gonna have to peel the woody outside, but the tender inside is good in soups or even stir-frys.
>>
File: Fish-Amok.jpg (198KB, 840x400px) Image search: [Google]
Fish-Amok.jpg
198KB, 840x400px
I had a dream the other night where I was at a grocery store that had everything, and somehow ended up buying the ingredients for, going home and making, fish amok (somehow dover sole was the fish I purchased).

Food dreams are as infrequent as sex dreams, but I remembered this one down to every detail, and now want to make some amok.

>never actually made fish amok before
>>
>>7135094
>no clue what to do with it

Thai & other southeast asian food.
>>
>>7135094
save any off cuts or parts you wont immediately use in the freezer, then add them to a stock when you make one. personally i use lemongrass in pho-style broths or also ginger lemongrass meatballs. you can also look up how to get fresh lemongrass to root and plant from what you have
>>
>>7135094
also you can make tea, infuse it into oil for culinary and personal care use. its very versatile and second in my book after fresh ginger.
>>
>>7135205
>infuse it into oil for culinary and personal care use
how would i do this? and what could i use it for
>>
>>7135094
Make pho.
>in before some ass blasted memester talks shit about pho.
>>
>>7135094

Mince it and make a thai coconut curry.
>>
>>7135341
i was thinking about trying either this or ramen. do you know any good broth recipes?
>>
Make lemongrass rice pudding
>>
what supermarkets can you buy lemongrass? they don't have it at food4less
>>
Why would you buy it if you don't know what to do with it, stupid fuck.
>>
>>7135447
no need to be mean. it's just not usually available to me so i thought it would be cool to get
>>
This is interesting, is it hard to find lemongrass in the US? (Assuming that's where OP is from; I'm in the UK and the stuff's in all the supermarkets)

OP: the guys telling you to freeze it have a good idea, it won't loose its flavour and you can break it up a bit by hitting it with something while it's frozen (so that it infuses into things faster). As for recipes: Thai stuff.
>>
lemongrass is so fucking nasty
>>
>>7135476
idk i'm in california and i don't see it here very often. i'll try freezing it though. cheers
>>
>>7135094
Make a thai style marinade for a steak.

Take the lemongrass, briefly wash the outside (ill explain why in a bit). Take a heavy knife and cut off the bottom like 1/2 inch. Then split the thing in half down the middle. peel off the outer few layers cause they're incredibly tough. Then dice like a leek, about 1/4 inch sections.

Mix with garlic (like 2:1 lemongrass:garlic or w/e ratio you want) and some oil (I use olive oil, but you can use soy or w/e oil if you want to be 'authentic'. Use just enough oil to make a paste. You dont want an oil soup with stuff in it.

Pour into a ziplock bag with some sort of steak. Marinate like 4 hours or so. Squish it around every so often. When you take the steaks out of the marinade, brush off some of the chunks of stuff. Salt and pepper the steak.

Best cooking is on a grill (to your preferred doneness). Indoors, I would suggest using a broiler. Pan searing will totally blacken the steak due to the oil on it.
>>
File: lemongrass_ice_cream.jpg (9KB, 236x180px) Image search: [Google]
lemongrass_ice_cream.jpg
9KB, 236x180px
Lemongrass ice cream.
>>
>>7135443
asian markets, esp Thai, it'll be in the frozen section but some places also sell lemongrass powder.
>>
>>7135727
this sounds great thank you!
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.