[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Soups on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 11

Making some ham and split pea soup later today, is there any food more comforting than hot soup on a cold winter day?
>>
File: IMGP4202.jpg (170KB, 1600x1115px) Image search: [Google]
IMGP4202.jpg
170KB, 1600x1115px
>>7133630
>he buys the green split peas

i don't know what it is about green food. just doesn't look quite right.
>>
A blowjob is pretty comforting, but along the same lines stew is also good.
>>
>>7133647
But that's the most delicious type of pea soup, Anon. You're not a kid any more, green foods won't hurt you.

OP, I hope you got a bit of ham bone for that soup?
>>
File: jvcPZ7M.png (545KB, 440x608px) Image search: [Google]
jvcPZ7M.png
545KB, 440x608px
>>7133650
Well a ham bone would be pretty great, but it was more of a spur of the moment as I drove by the grocery store decision. I was listening g to Norm talking about ham and I wanted some hot soup because it's going to be cold tomorrow. I have ham, split peas, celery, onion, garlic, and some chicken stock.
>>
>>7133630

My man. I love split pea soup. Gonna make some tomorrow now. One of those foods that just also happens to be really healthy and cheap too
>>
Can we make this a Post Favorite Soup Recipes thread instead? Need ideas to get my soup on.
>>
File: dsc_1943-001.jpg (1MB, 3318x2212px) Image search: [Google]
dsc_1943-001.jpg
1MB, 3318x2212px
>>7133705
Sausage and kale soup is pretty good. Especially if you make it creamy.
>>
It's called Erwtensoep you cultural appropriating faggots.

And it's made with pig legs.
>>
File: beef-and-barley.jpg (4MB, 4928x3264px) Image search: [Google]
beef-and-barley.jpg
4MB, 4928x3264px
>>7133709
my mom makes tons of different soups, beef and barley has gotta be one of my favorites
>>
File: hell yeah mother fucker!!.jpg (216KB, 579x820px) Image search: [Google]
hell yeah mother fucker!!.jpg
216KB, 579x820px
>>7133716
fucking beef and barley is delicious
>>
>>7133716
you know, I don't believe I've ever had non-canned barley. I've never seen the stuff in the grocery store.
>>
>>7133722
pretty easy to find in those plastic cases with the bulk items at any place akin to whole foods, maybe even safeway has it.
>>
My favorite is chicken and some nice dumplins in a good broth...

Or not gonna lie I also loveeee Italian wedding.
>>
Just made a broad bean and new potato soup with a ton of black pepper and torn basil stirred through, served with some crusty bread topped with melted Gruyere. I only needed to use up some potatoes and a bag of frozen broad beans- I love how good soup is for turning the unappealing shit at the back of the refrigerator or freezer into a delicious meal.
>>
Do you split your pea manually or did you buy them pre-split?
>>
File: splended_cigarrete_soup.jpg (209KB, 764x1024px) Image search: [Google]
splended_cigarrete_soup.jpg
209KB, 764x1024px
>>7133630
It might need some saltines.
>>
Nothing better on a cold day than venison chilli with nice big chunks of venison and lots of beans.
>>
>>7133630
>Chicken Broth
>Ham & Pea
>Wild Mushroom
>French Onion
>Tomato & Basil

All top tier December soups
>>
No squash and corn soup?
>>
File: image.jpg (183KB, 720x378px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
183KB, 720x378px
Here, soup bros: Costco chicken, 14 cups of water, a finger of ginger, and 1 cup of rice. Cook for an hour, shred the chicken, and you have a nice porridge. Salt and pepper to taste. Add toppings like bonito flakes, furikake, sliced garlic browned in olive oil, green onion. If it gets too thick the next day, just add a little more water to your bowl of leftovers and a dash of salt.
>>
>>7133705
http://pastebin.com/j28WCqcs

there's all my soup recipes. enjoy
>>
Mulligatawny is great for this cold weather. I always make and freeze a large batch this time a year.
>>
Potato leek
Broccoli cheese
Chicken and wild rice
Any kind of chowder or bisque
>>
Made a navy bean and ham soup today, with a hambone left over from last week. Pretty fucking tasty and easy to make.
>>
>>7133709
that cast iron pot; so fuckin goat (yes it's cast iron you donks It's just sealed so you don't have to be a fucking bitch about cleaning it every 5 seconds)
>>
>>7136045

your tomato basil soup is pretty simple, do you ever do anything differently or is that just a base recipe?

cool recipes btw, except what in the fuck is a "Albondigas" ?
>>
>>7136230
mexican meatball
>>
>>7133709
>Sausage and kale.

Fuck yes.
>>
>>7136230
>Albondigas

Bonediggers is what we call it when we're making green chilie meatballs.
>>
>>7133737
Ohhh, chicken and dumplings is great.

Since it's after Thanksgiving, made a big broth out of two carcasses and the meat from them to make some turkey dumpling. Simple as shit, didn't even need any gussying up. Only tricky part was the dumplings, because you have to add more flour than you think it needs.
>>
>>7136230
it sounds simple but you should try it. i have found that the key to great meals is using excellent ingredients prepared correctly.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (308KB, 2032x1353px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
308KB, 2032x1353px
>>
File: GreatHarvestHamAndSwiss.png (2MB, 1135x735px) Image search: [Google]
GreatHarvestHamAndSwiss.png
2MB, 1135x735px
>>7133630
Only a hot sandwich. Breads, cheeses, pizza, sandwiches and soups make up my five favorite food types but nothing is more comforting than soup paired with a sandwich unless your drunk. If you're drunk I opt for a pizza with whatever toppings I'm jonesing for.

Pic semi-related: Ham & Swiss from the website of the Great Harvest Bread Co. in Neenah, Wi.I used to work there, best bread I've ever had- shame it is so expensive per loaf. They also have an amazing "grown-up grilled cheese" but their website lacks a picture that does the sandwich justice.
>>
>>7133630
A platter of old cigerette butts, with a big ol' glass of that dead eyed empty look your father gives you when you tell him your gay.
A christmas meal to warm your heart
>>
We made Turkey Soup from the leftovers.

I take the carcass and make stock out of it with scraps and veggies.

It makes a nice gelatinous stock that is good for soup and is healthy.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.