[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Opinion on these things?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 169
Thread images: 23

File: image.jpg (67KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67KB, 600x600px
Opinion on these things?
>>
>>7128809
fuckin awesome, half cherry half vanilla
>>
Unnecessary. I rarely get any of the "special" flavors.
>>
You gotta poke around a little bit to find the best combinations.

My personal favorites
>orange coke
>raspberry coke
>vanilla-orange Hi C(tastes like a creamsicle)
>>
they're sick but slow people down
>>
>>7128809
Coke w/lime is god tier
>that fake lime flavor
>>
>>7128809
I fucking hate them. Whenever I try to get regular coke it always tastes like the last ten flavors that came out.
>>
>>7128832
this

it's ok to drink some every few week but don't make this a daily thing. You'll ruin your health and be a weight on society. Just drink tea/coffee/water.
>>
i wish u could just drink the syrup without the carbonation
>>
>>7128813
>>7128817
>>7128820
I didn't even really think that people use this to mix sodas.

I mean you could have done that shit before you know?
>>
>>7128832
Shut the fuck up you pretentious piece of shit I'm going to fucking rape you drink soda RIGHT NOW
>>
I double majored in psychology and computer science with a specialization in human-computer interactions.
I love going to a place that has these to watch people that have never used them before learning how it works.
>>
>>7128845
find me a normal coke machine with vanilla coke and we'll talk.

also it does it automatically at an equal ratio faggot
>>
>>7128875
I work at sams club and they have that shit there.

But I get your point. I guess I just don't get mixing sodas in the first place.
>>
File: freestyle.png (508KB, 1414x811px) Image search: [Google]
freestyle.png
508KB, 1414x811px
They're the best. I've always wanted to make the ultimate Suicide with one of them, but I don't feel like standing there for 5 minutes.
>Coke-Orange, Coke-Vanilla, splash of Hi-C Orange-Vanilla, splash of Fanta-Orange. Best Creamsicle-Cola.

>>7128820
>orange coke
Literally Spezi. Why isn't this shit more popular stateside?
>>7128845
They don't mix sodas, they add in flavors.
>>
>>7128840
Jesus fuck off

It is so ridiculous to assume that bc it is a soda related thread, people here are drinking soda everyday.
We know you just want to feel superior to anon and so no one wants your shitty opinions.

>>7128832
You can fuck off too
>>
>>7128813
this
>>
>>7128809
i like weird flavored icey syrup.
>>
>>7128947
These people show up in every thread.
Are you not sick of it?
>>
File: 04GaLPh.png (10KB, 684x589px) Image search: [Google]
04GaLPh.png
10KB, 684x589px
>mix diet coke and classic coke
>>
File: MelloYello_Bubble_Cherry_EN.png (39KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
MelloYello_Bubble_Cherry_EN.png
39KB, 200x200px
Cherry Mello Yello all day every day. Fuck Mountain Dew.
>>
>>7128809
They're alright I guess. The touch screens on them suck balls though.

It's also funny watching elderly people get flustered trying to use them.
>>
>Not going for Orange Coke
Try it, literally the best.
>>
>>7128809
75% of the time it's great

25% of the time I'm either behind some ancient crone unable to fathom 21st century technology or some kids who have to agonize over flavors like lives hang in the balance.
>>
Lime Ginger Ale for me, thanks.
>>
tfw still no sprite remix
>>
>>7128809
Faggot motherfuckin coke machine just stole 3 quarters from me. I'll take that up with the owner in the morning. I still got my coke, I wanted it to mix with some rye whiskey.
>>
>>7128826

Just hold down the water button for maybe 5 seconds to rinse the nozzle out a little bit. Works for me at least.
>>
>>7128809
I like them. I like mixing different things, and they're interesting to restock. When I worked at Wendy's for a stint, we were chosen to get remodeled, and we got three of these machines in.
>cool little cartridges instead of big, bulky boxes
>when the syrup is SO concentrated into these cartridges that it warns you not to make skin contact
That all being said, I did hate it when all of the older/ghetto/Mexican people would take forever to figure it out. I mean, how hard is it to figure out?
But we didn't have to worry about little kids, since they can't reach the buttons.

All in all, I'd use them if I had a business.
>>
Grape sprite
>>
They're awesome at movie theaters.

Horrible idea for fast food restaurants tbqh. I went to a Burger King with one and it was ridiculous.
>>
If you go to the water menu and push the three center most bubbles that form a triangle you can get to the menu where they can open the door to the flavors.

Don't know why i bothered typing this out, its kinda pointless.
>>
minute maid lemonade with the peach flavor added is freakin amazing
>>
>>7129429
What would you even do with them?
>>
if you hold fingers down in the the top left and bottom left corners for 15 seconds, you can get to firefox and use the internet from the coke machine
>>
>tfw live in healthfoodfaggotville

Nobody's ever in our fast food joints, so I've never felt the downside. Grape drink, every drink
>>
>>7128832
>ONE STICK OF CELERY PLEASE
>>
>>7128809
They give me feelings of shame and regret.
I'm poor at decision making, so I spend too much time choosing my flavours. Then I realize I'm holding up the line so I start to worry. Then, no matter what I get, I immediately and for the rest of the movie regret my choice because I think of combinations that might have been better. And since the cup is like 32oz, you're stuck with whatever you've got because you won't need a refill. And I would feel ashamed if I dumped my cup and got something else, because that would be wasteful.
These machines would have blown my mind as a kid. They're an embarrassment of riches. But they cause me so much stress.
>>
>>7129527
Are you me
>>
>>7129527
If you get this stressed out over your soda choice, I'd hate to see how you react to actual important decisions in your life.
>>
>>7129542
That's the thing. I'm successful at work, well-liked, comfortable and capable in social environments. I have hobbies outside of 4chan, and I volunteer. But these machines bring out the autism in me.

It's like one of those ironic-twist stories where you get exactly what you want, and it turns out to be a horrible curse.
>>
>>7129429
How does the inside look like? Is it all one machine or tubes through the back to a room filled with there syrup?
>>
>>7128809

These all use Splunk to monitor every soda selection across the country. They can see what soda sold where and when.

Enjoy, botnet, etc.
>>
>>7128873
Hell yeah, I'm gonna have one too and put whiskey in it!
>>
>>7128874
So bascially you're making $8.50 an hour and paying off a loan for bullshit degrees?
>>
File: freestyle.jpg (29KB, 500x428px) Image search: [Google]
freestyle.jpg
29KB, 500x428px
>>7129587
It's a big machine that contain cartridges of super-concentrated syrup. When a cartridge runs out, you get one from storage and change it out.
>>
>>7128875
I like doing it 1:1 coke:vanilla coke. The vanilla flavor in vanilla coke is too vanilliy (?) for me.
>>
>>7129576
Great resume, you come across as someone who not only speaks in marketing buzzwords but dreams of them too. Good luck.
>>
>>7128968
you can do that at any soda fountain
>>
>>7128809
I don't get it. I have to dick around with a touch screen to customize my drink order? And if I don't customize my order it's going to taste like the residue of the last few custom orders anyways?

I'm sofuckingglad I don't like soda.
>>
>>7128809

>get behind old person who doesn't understand how it works
>has to call over employee to help them

I hate old people.
>>
>>7129623
that's like going to a buffet and complaining about the fact that the leftovers on your plate/fork make the first few bites of your new serving taste like your last serving
rinse it off
get a new plate/fork
it's not really a problem unless you're a retarded 60 year old who doesn't get how normal things work
>>
I do like me some vanilla Sprite.
>>
>>7129630
>that's like going to a buffet
Stopped reading there.
>>
>>7129623
it has no residue

this is a product derived from tech made for the medical industry. it was supposed to be a medicine dispenser. no cross contamination allowed there, of course. the machine just has a bunch of syrup containers in it and, through magic probably, mixes it with the soda water in such a way that it leaves no taste in the spout.

and it isn't custom so much as an extended profile of flavors. shit like peach sprite that isn't feasible to bottle or put in a traditional machine can get a spot in the syrup hanger of the machine.
>>
>>7128809
fine until some moron who's never seen one tries to make a good old fashioned suicide with one
>>
>>7129628
>knows how the machine works
>see an eldery person struggling
>just stands there drooling
God i hate autistic people
>>
>>7129642
are you implying there's something wrong with buffets?
>>
>>7128894
>>7129663
what's a suicide?
>>
>>7129675
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Suicide+Soda
>>
>>7129671
>buffets?
I guess they're no worse than drinking soda,
>>
>>7129682
>never been to indian buffet where everything is made from scratch
sry
>>
File: this.jpg (335KB, 2109x1185px) Image search: [Google]
this.jpg
335KB, 2109x1185px
>>7129413
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spezi
>a classic soft drink made in Germany by mixing cola with orange soda
Find a local European import store and look for one of these. Thank me later.
>>
>>7129691
Wtf is scratch? Why does everyone think anything made from it is so good?
>>
I can't get a cherry lime Coke anywhere else, so A+.

Although I'm sad there are a million options and I get the same thing every time.
>>
>>7128821
I see this said all the time, but I've never stood in a line for one.
>>
>>7128845
Yes. At all the fountains that had peach Dr. Pepper and raspberry Fanta.
>>
>>7128878
It's not necessarily about mixing sodas, it's about mixing flavors.
>>
>>7129720
>peach Dr. Pepper and raspberry Fanta.
that's pretty fucking fruity
>>
>>7129623
I've never had a residual flavor problem.
>>
File: double check.png (399KB, 1003x534px) Image search: [Google]
double check.png
399KB, 1003x534px
>>7128822
>coke with lime supporter
>dub dubs
My nigga
>>
>>7129738
I was being facetious. But, I'll bet peach Dr. Pepper is actually good.
>>
>>7128809
Vanilla/Cherry/Vanilla-cherry Pibb Xtra for me.

Normally I dont drink soda but Pibb Xtra tastes like Dr Pepper did when I was a kid. Muddling the flavors with cherry and vanilla syrup makes it just that much better.
>>
You are all now aware that Diet Coke is the recipe for New Coke, with artificial sweetener, and Coke Zero is the original Coke Classic recipe with artificial sweetener.

The executive that launched New Coke was so butthurt by it's rejection that he turned it into Diet Coke, which now outsells Coke Classic with sugar, but Coke Zero may soon outsell Diet Coke. So it goes.

>thank you for your time
>>
>>7129916
What's your point?
>>
Orange coke masterrace
>>
>>7129916
You sound like some fag from Alex Jones, a lot of bullshit and no point.
>>
>>7128809
Seem like a good idea, but compared to standard soda machines, they are inferior due to taste. Great mixing options. Also the interface for operators is nice. I believe one of the ex-ferrari designers helped build it. Too bad there is almost no fixture that allows the ice maker to be placed on top
>>
>>7128809
pretty awesome
>>
they'll keep an elderly person busy for about 45 minutes if they encounter one
>>
>>7129703
>mfw visiting Krautland and drinking multiple bottles of Mezzo Mix every day because it was so fucking good
>>
>>7129600
No, I make 120k a year programming flight simulators.
>>
They're always a little watered-down tasting when I get them, but since the syrup comes out of the middle of the stream you can just hold your cup in the middle of the stream for a second to cut off a little excess water, essentially making it as strong as you want.

Coke lime is God-tier, they're always out of lime flavor for some reason and I feel like an asshole making some fat spick kneel in a puddle of soda and replace the cartridge.
>>
>>7128809
You have to run the water for like 20 seconds before filling your cup because they all use the same nozzle.
>>
>>7128817
do you also like plain vanilla ice cream and sex in the missionary position?
>>
>>7130290
the jack in the box near me has a seperate water machine
>>
>>7130282
That's the most German job I've ever heard.
>>
>worked at an AMC theater last spring and there was a special Jurassic World promo soda called Jurassic Roar; it was cherry-peach lemonade
>tfw it was fucking delicious and I would have a cup almost every day after work

If they sold that shit in bottles I would develop diabetes extremely quickly
>>
>>7128809
theres one of these at the movies and i love it because i can get a vanilla rootbeer
>>
>love diet Dr pepper
>only has cherry and vanilla
>every other soda has a goddamn 16 count crayon pack

RRRREEEEEE
>>
I hate these machines everyone I go to the flavor seems off like not enough something is going in and just doesn't taste as good as a come should.
>>
>machine that creates a line of incompetent people
it's like magic!
>>
>>7128813
You know they have a cherry vanilla option, right?
Peach Mello yellow all day
>>
>>7128809
>tfw coke zero + lime

Feels gr8 m8
>>
>>7128809
Peach lemonade all the way.
>>
>>7128968
I do that, although I mix Diet Coke and Cherry Coke together when I do it

>>7129916
well that's actually pretty interesting

>>7130357
my guess is they did extensive testing and found that most of the other flavors don't test well with people
>>
File: 1440988339237.png (75KB, 506x608px) Image search: [Google]
1440988339237.png
75KB, 506x608px
>>7129101
>>
File: disappoint.jpg (27KB, 625x416px) Image search: [Google]
disappoint.jpg
27KB, 625x416px
>>7130357
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coca-Cola_Freestyle#History
>In late February 2015 Coca-Cola started rolling out a major Operating System redesign... The Operating System update significantly reduces the amount of available drink combinations. Prior to the update, flavorings could be added to nearly every drink selection, whereas after the update only certain flavorings are available for certain drinks.
Why? Why can't we have nice things?
>>
>>7130666
>Why? Why can't we have nice things?
Costs.
>>
File: dr who.png (15KB, 186x270px) Image search: [Google]
dr who.png
15KB, 186x270px
>>7128832
>All I need is water thank you very much.
>(Dead)
Why was this deleted? He seemed polite enough.
>>
>>7130378
>Peach Mello yellow all day
mah nigga. No one else seems to understand the appeal of getting a mix you can't buy in stores. Shit is so cash
>>
Wew, just what America ordered. High fructose corn syrup dispensers on every corner
>>
>>7129704
this. Billboards on highways/interstates bug me when they advertise a food place saying "our biscuits are made from scratch" wtf is scratch? You scratch yourself before mixing the ingredients? I don't understand it at all. It's like somehow they think scratch means fresh or something. scratch made biscuits. what does it mean??????
>>
>>7128809
They have one at five guys. I prefer actual milkshakes but its not bad for soda.
>>
Straight outta Fallout
>>
>>7129704
>>7130857

Is English your third language?
"from scratch" means "from the very beginning", it's a common idiom that's been around for centuries.
>>
>>7130857

I know the answer to this but I'm not going to tell you just because you're a dumbass

>>7130789
there's some newfag aspie janitor that's been on a tear deleting off topic or troll comments because he thinks this is reddit or 9fag or some shit. it'll die down in a week or two
>>
Burger King in my town used to have one but got rid of it. They were pretty nice, though. I'd get the vanilla Coke when I went there.
>>
>>7129602

>you will never have pancakes with bacon and classic coke syrup
>>
We didn't have a whole lot of them in canada (or at least vancouver) untill recently
>>
>>7131053

Janitors can't delete comments. Only report them the same as you. Perhaps if you stayed the fuck on topic of the Moar and abstained from your retardation you wouldn't getting your comments deleted.
>>
i like the fanta peach, it tastes just like the candy peach rings
>>
I've never seen one of these. When did they start appearing?
>>
>>7129325
Mah nigga

Also, cherry ginger ale
>>
>>7129450
Thanks for the lawsuit faggot
>>
>>7129594
They do it to determine new potential marketable flavors. There is literally nothing wrong with this
>>
>>7128874

>I double majored in psychology and computer science with a specialization in human-computer interactions.

But definitely not human-human interactions.
>>
>over 30 flavors
>80% of people will just drink coke or sprite anyways
Just add a row of "Most Popular" drinks on the first screen so old/dumb people won't spend 10 minutes looking for diet coke
>>
>>7130845
That's my dilemma with this shit. I realize hfcs is god awful for you, even compared to sucrose, but godamnit cherry sprite
>>
>>7129450

- posted from my Coca-Cola Freestyle™
>>
freestyle machines are pretty baller but you have to run the water for a sec to get rid of whatever flavor the person ahead of you thought was great.
>>
>hear that the Fazoli's in town has one of these
>oh sick I gotta try it
>get some bullshit lasagna or something and go to get my CUSTOMIZED drink
>four old people in front of me
>5 minutes pass and there are still three old people in front of me
>leave the line and get unsweetened tea instead

these are fine on college campuses I suppose, but putting these anywhere someone aged 50+ will have to use it is a disaster
>>
the syrup to water ratios always seem off
>>
I love them.
I usually get Lemon Lime Vanilla Coke Zero or Raspberry Cherry Vanilla Coke Zero.
>>
File: blank_face.png (3KB, 203x212px) Image search: [Google]
blank_face.png
3KB, 203x212px
>>7128894
>Pibb has no special variants
>>
File: u15_u17_01.02_50.jpg (43KB, 476x600px) Image search: [Google]
u15_u17_01.02_50.jpg
43KB, 476x600px
>>7131053
>>7131368
maybe the poster deleted his own coment after the abuse he recieved for being health concious.

meh. i usually only drink water and espresso but when i'm on my bike i drink electrolytes.
>>
>No Dr. Pepper in the red version
>Blue Powerade removed

I honestly prefer the traditional drink dispenser. These are starting to appear everywhere and the Coke in these fucking suck.
>>
>>7128809

>Vanilla Fanta for a dreamcicle soda
>raspberry lemonade
>vanilla root beer
>grape vault

good stuff but I'm not a disgusting faggot that drinks soda or goes to a fastfood restaurant
>>
File: 1134438847.jpg (10KB, 356x366px) Image search: [Google]
1134438847.jpg
10KB, 356x366px
THEY'RE TAKIN' GOOD AMERICAN JOBS
>>
A front loading Coca-Cola washing machine?
>>
Since I don't eat fast food much (though I've been having it a bunch recently because fuckyeahcoupons), I had no idea these things even existed until yesterday when I went to Burger King.
I got a lemon/cherry Dr. Pepper. I didn't think anything of it at the time, but now I'm wondering something: when the fuck did Coca Cola acquire Dr. Pepper?
>>
I've only seen these in England, we don't have them in Northern Ireland but I think with Five Guys opening here next week, we'll finally get one.

I think they're really cool! Lime Coke is fucking awesome, wish you could just buy bottles of it.
>>
I got my money back, I complained about the machine stealing my quarters and the owner called out a maintence guy who gave me my money back.

Good times!
>>
>>7134032
>I didn't think anything of it at the time, but now I'm wondering something: when the fuck did Coca Cola acquire Dr. Pepper?

Depends on where in the country you are. The bottling rights to Dr. Pepper are done regionally. In some places, Coke bottles it. In others, Pepsi does. Dr. Pepper is a dirty whore that way.
>>
>>7129101
sprite remix is basically peach flavored sprite. try it.
>>
>>7131053
>there's some newfag aspie janitor that's been on a tear deleting off topic or troll comments because he thinks this is reddit or 9fag or some shit. it'll die down in a week or two
welp. turns out you were right. seems that a reddit terrorist has infultrated the system. >>7133929

yay! let's all walk on egg shells trying not to be funny or offend anyone over the festive season!

http://www.4chan.org/feedback
>>
>>7128817
The purpose of Freestyle machines isn't the special flavors. The purpose of these is that, even though they're more expensive up-front than traditional fountains, they're a whole lot cheaper to run because of the separation of ingredients inside of the machine, and the soda that comes out of them is much more fresh than with premixed syrup. The only reason that these have the ability to give you so many flavor options is that the way that the microingredient system works makes it so fucking cheap and easy to let customers have those options that it would be foolish to not let them have that power, especially when Coke stands to make greater profits for it.
>>
>>7131173
http://www.samsclub.com/sams/bag-n-box-syrups/3410101.cp
>>
>>7129678
The soda machines at Disneyland have literally hundreds of flavors, strangely enough combining them all to make a suicide tastes vaguely like stale cream soda
>>
I hate them. The touchscreens are slow and unresponsive. And I have to press water TWICE just to get some fucking water.
>>
File: johnny.jpg (25KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
johnny.jpg
25KB, 500x374px
>>7131173
>>7136040
>using syrup concentrate on pancakes
Do you just pour it on top? Like maple syrup?
>>
>>7130305
I'm not that person you replied to but damn I love both those things. Vanilla ice cream is a good benchmark for the various ice cream brands since they all make one. If a brand makes a really good vanilla then you can expect other flavors to shine as well. Missionary gets a bad rap because everyone pretends to be a porn star but it's really quite a rush. You get eye contact, kissing at the moment of penetration, boob groping, and more. Really, it's a lot like vanilla ice cream. If you bang someone who's a dynamo in missionary, you can expect everything else they do in bed to be pretty good.

On topic: I like the raspberry sprite and lime coke
>>
File: russell wilson unimpressed.png (201KB, 372x362px) Image search: [Google]
russell wilson unimpressed.png
201KB, 372x362px
>>7136038
>the soda that comes out of them is much more fresh than with premixed syrup
>>
It's a waste of time if all you want is some regular Dr Pepper, and doubly so if the asshole in front of you is taking their sweet time.
>>
File: house.jpg (26KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
house.jpg
26KB, 360x360px
>>7136346
>2015
>almost 2016
>not understanding that soda ages just like everything else
>>
File: actually.gif (2MB, 500x278px) Image search: [Google]
actually.gif
2MB, 500x278px
>>7136343
>>
File: af2.jpg (47KB, 900x804px) Image search: [Google]
af2.jpg
47KB, 900x804px
>>7136363
>he doesn't drink imported, dry aged in an oak barrel soda
>>
File: IMG_9973.jpg (72KB, 667x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9973.jpg
72KB, 667x1000px
>>7136394
>not concentrating sugar and fruit juices into a syrup from scratch and carbonating your own water via straw

fucking plebs i swear to god
>>
>>7136509
muh microsoda's.
>>
>>7131543
> Ctrl+F for fanta peach

Bless
>>
I've gone to Wendy's before just to use them, haha. I really like Orange Minutemaid
>>
>>7128809
These things give me an existential crisis. Buttons and electronics have existed for dozens of years, but somehow combining buttons, a screen, and soda has mystified and utterly befuddled every person over the age of sixty.
I have seen people literally struggle with these and require assistance. I fear for what I'll be like at that age. With more things becoming electronic I can't imagine the nightmare life must be when getting soda becomes an unsolvable puzzle.
>>
>>7136281
The other thing about touchscreens is that they're filthy, that's not to say that menus are so much cleaner but I'd rather deal with a printed menu instead of some computer based BS.
>>
>>7136644
Now I'm no Luddite, but I detest the computerisation of things that work just fine without it and, in fact, don't work nearly as well with it.
For example, I bought a new oven three years ago. It has computerised controls. I fucking hate it. My old oven had two dials and three switches: one dial for heat, the other for time, one switch to turn on the light, another to turn on the fan and the last to turn on the heating element. That's all it needed.
But the computerised one... well, I can't control its temperature as finely as before since it goes up only in 25°F increments between 225° - 450°. The timer only goes in 30 second increments below 10 minutes then 1 minute increments below 30 minutes and 5 minute increments above that. So if I want to put something in there for 38 minutes, I have to set the timer for 40 minutes and set the microwave timer for 38 minutes (or wait two minutes before putting whatever I'm putting into the oven into the oven). Which is fucking dumb.
Now blenders, toasters and fucking refrigerators are computerised, too. What. The. Fuck.
Complete waste of effort. A blender just needs an on/off switch and a speed dial. Perhaps a turbo/pulse button. That's it.
A toaster just needs a heat dial and a plunger-switch. That's it.
A refrigerator just needs two dials, one for fridge temp and the other for freezer temp. That's fucking it.
I don't need my kitchen gadgets to tell me the weather, the relative humidity inside it or make their contents visible to me with cameras. If I want to see what's in it, I'll open the fucking door.
>>
>>7136644
I think the biggest issue is that the touchscreens aren't very sensitive and the menus can time out pretty quickly.

Also, why the fuck is it every time I use one of those things half the options are grayed out? Is it that hard to put in a new bag-in-box syrup?

>>7136669
Sounds like you switch up between buying exceptionally expensive and exceptionally shitty appliances. I have a cheap ass Kenmore oven and my timers work like normal and my temp goes up in five degree increments for the entire temp range.
>>
>>7136669
touchscreens and shitty plastic buttons are cheaper to manfacture I bet
>>
File: image.jpg (131KB, 1680x305px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
131KB, 1680x305px
>>7136669
>trips confirm
>>
>>7136716
it's not autistic to be pissed off you're buying something with worse controls than your old shit
>>
>>7136709
Likely.

I still have no idea why the fuck my refrigerator needs to connect to wifi and tell me today's forecast. I can look the fuck out my window and see that it's raining.

The oven: okay, I can sort of understand wifi connectivity. Say you're out somewhere and you put something in the oven before you left and you want it hot and ready by the time you get home; you can access the oven remotely to turn it on and heat the thing through. But a fridge? No.

The only appliances I access by wifi are related to heating/cooling my house. If it's an unexpectedly hot day, I like to have the AC on full blast by the time I get home so I can get cool quickly and the reverse is true for an unexpectedly cold one.

>>7136716
Those aren't trips and that's not at all autistic.

>>7136721
This guy gets it.

I do, however, like the touchscreens at the supermarket deli and for soda and stuff but only because the people that work at these places are a pain to talk to. The people at the local deli, though, are a delight to interact with, but not the nigresses who don't need no man at the supermarket deli.
>>
File: 1365282072062.jpg (46KB, 776x602px) Image search: [Google]
1365282072062.jpg
46KB, 776x602px
>>7136669
I'm surprised you figured out how to operate that fancy computer so you could post here.
>>
>>7136721
Stop sperging out, anon.
>>
File: 20140305_095429.jpg (307KB, 432x2240px) Image search: [Google]
20140305_095429.jpg
307KB, 432x2240px
>>7129450
Close, but wrong. Top/middle, bottom right, bottom left. And it only works if you have the machine linked to your distributor's inventory management software (they re-order the syrups for you).

College foodservice reporting, these things make great mixers.
>>
File: 1341416380514.gif (689KB, 350x272px) Image search: [Google]
1341416380514.gif
689KB, 350x272px
>>7136669
>>7136721
The purpose of switching from buttons to touchscreens is that touchscreens have no moving parts, making them a lot less likely to break just because. This falls into the "significantly lowered cost of operation" that I discussed last night ( >>7136038 ); less things breaking means less time spent repairing shit, and less time spent repairing shit generally means less money spent repairing shit. Not to mention, the less downtime this thing has, the more reliable it is for you, once you can figure out the pretty damn simple controls.

If you're looking at a model that has touchscreens AND buttons, I can't provide any explanation for that. I agree that it's retarded.
>>
They're pretty neat but I really wish they had hotkeys for the standard options like Coke/Sprite
It's annoying going through the options when you get up for a refill
>>
>>7137076
>touchscreens don't break
Sure they do. All the fucking time. If there's a little moisture, if a blind woman's service dog farts in its general direction or if it just decides to have a bad day, the touchscreen will get as temperamental as a 70s Ford on a cold, frosty morning.
And when they do, there's no fix for it. You need a new touch screen.
>>
>>7137076

Touchscreens are also more hygenic since they are a single flat surface without all the little grooves, nooks, and crannies associated with mechanical switches/buttons.

That being said, as a customer I greatly prefer buttons. They have tactile feedback whereas a touchscreen does not. Also the touchscreens sometimes don't work all that well and require either multiple taps or they have a time lag; neither problem exists with a simple switch or button.
>>
>>7136669
You are correct in your opinion and ways.

>>7136716
>>7136734
You two are fucking retarded.
>>
>>7132964
Pibb needs no special variants.
>>
invented by the dude who made the segway right?
Thread posts: 169
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.