[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I make a good mushroom soup?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: destroying_angel_mushroom_1.jpg (11KB, 275x206px) Image search: [Google]
destroying_angel_mushroom_1.jpg
11KB, 275x206px
How do I make a good mushroom soup?
>>
>>7126939

you dont. it tastes like shit.
>>
1 part mushroom, 3 part soup
season liberally with good
>>
>>7126939
by not using poison mushrooms for one.
>>
Ideally lots of wild fresh picked varieties and a load of Brie.
>>
>>7126939
Yikes. Mushrooms are good but in a soup they'd be kind of weird. I guess I'd saute some onions, garlic, thyme, and mushrooms in some butter and olive oil. Then once they were all good and carmelized I'd add some spinach to wilt down. Lastly I'd add some chicken stock and let simmer for an hour or so. Salt and pepper and hit it with a little fresh lemon juice right before serving. Mushrooms by themselves would just taste like the ground and in all the wrong ways.
>>
>>7127102
>Yikes. Mushrooms are good but in a soup they'd be kind of weird.

What? Mushroom soup is EXTREMELY common. Are you joking or just American?
>>
>>7127217
American of course. Sure, mushrooms in soup are relatively common but mushrooms as the star of the soup is kind of strange.
>>
>>7127218
>mushrooms as the star of the soup is kind of strange.

No, Mushroom soup is one of the most common soups after chicken, lentil, vegetable.
>>
>>7127221
well what would you put with it? as i said i'd add onions, garlic, spinach and a shot of lemon juice to give it something extra.
>>
>>7127224
cream
>>
>>7127229
i get it. of course cream is a little too heavy for me. i'm thinking of more of a spring time soup.
>>
>>7126939
sautee onions
add mushrooms
cook until mushrooms are done
add some flour
add stock
season
?
>>
>>7126939

>OP asks how to make something he likes
>Gets "I DONT LIKE IT -- WHY DO YOU WANT TO MAKE IT" replies

Here's one quick 3 minute video from a guy who knows how to cook AND knows how to make a video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WB-H9E3cNo
>>
>>7126948
who the fuck asked you for your opinion on the food
nobody cares what you think tastes like shit
>>
>>7127269
Its fucking winter m8
>>
Mushroom Soup is top tier especially when you have a cold
>>
>>7126949
liberally caps
>>
>>7127731
¿ʇɔǝɹɹoɔ ǝɹǝɥdsiɯǝɥ ǝuo ʎluo si ǝɹǝɥʇ ǝsnɐɔǝq
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.