[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | | Home]

Vegan thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 287
Thread images: 33

File: large.jpg (65KB, 500x714px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
large.jpg
65KB, 500x714px
Vegan thread
>>
>be vegetarian
>used to inhale fried buffalo chicken
>me every time I go out to eat now
>>
File: photo.jpg (40KB, 533x354px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
photo.jpg
40KB, 533x354px
>>7118240
Are those AE daltons? I have a pair of those, 10/10 boot would buy again
>>
File: ScreenShot17.png (402KB, 1024x640px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
ScreenShot17.png
402KB, 1024x640px
>>7118240
>>
>>7118250
Those look nice but do they have any models that don't have that design on the toe?
>>
>>7118295
the closest might be AE's first avenue

http://www.allenedmonds.com/shoes/mens-shoes/dress-shoes/first-avenue-brown-country-grain-dress-boots/SF1197.html?dwvar_SF1197_color=1197
>>
>>7118250
What is it like being this broadcasted, out-of-the-closet gay?
>>
File: 5.jpg (36KB, 500x375px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
5.jpg
36KB, 500x375px
>>7118295
Sure, the 5th street for example are just a simple cap toe

The broguing isn't actually that loud in real life, that's just a brand new pair under harsh light.
>>
wow OP what a cutie
>>
>>7118304
oops that's not a fifth street, but listen to this guy instead >>7118300

>>7118301
What's it like living somewhere that a pair of boots is grounds for getting murdered by thugs on suspicion of liking the wrong kind of genitals?
>>
>>7118305
her tits are too small desu
>>
>>7118313
>>7118240
Food and cooking
>>
>>7118245
As a lifelong vegetarian I can tell you that if you're eating salads as meals you're doing it wrong. Salads are sides for meat dishes not meals unto themselves. Learn proper vegetarian meals and you won't be sad ever again. As much as I beleve in ethics etc. if eating vegetarian was causing me emotional distress I'd eat meat.
>>
white people lifestyles are gonna take us out of the gene pool in like 30 years
>>
>>7118316

>food and cooking
>>
>>7118313
I thought they were a boy but eh, who cares. still kawaii desu
>>
>>7118317
>all salads are iceberg and ranch
France would like to have a word with you
>>
>>7118301
>not caring about your appearance

What is it like being this broadcasted, out-of-the-medication autistic?
>>
>>7118324
>>
>>7118300
>>7118304
Thanks. Got better fashion help than on /fa/
>>
>>7118311
>What's it like living somewhere that a pair of boots is grounds for getting murdered by thugs on suspicion of liking the wrong kind of genitals?
feels good
>>
>>7118330
That's because /fa/ is 100% populated by poor high school kids from canada, no joke

There are actually productive members of society on /ck/ despite the efforts of the tendies patrol to chase out anything that isn't related to fast food and bickering about ketchup stains on your supposed $500 shirt
>>
>>7118317
I said when I go out to eat. I live in flyover land.

Probably another reason tho I've been saving money, my meals at home are the bomb and pretty cheap
>>
>>7118339
I meant to add I've been saving money probably because I don't really go out to eat anymore for that reason.

Although I just went to a little cafe and got a veggie panini. Was pretty good.
>>
>>7118345
Total blog post.
>>
>>7118330
>

>visiting /fa/
>visiting /ck/
>guaranteed visits /p/

Tumblrina spotted
>>
Why the hell are people vegetarians

I mean the animal only exists to become meat so what does it matter
>>
>>7118372
I don't like meat.
>>
>>7118372

Due to farming, domesticated animals have exploded in population and would decimate any environment they were set free into. Pigs, just pigs... would destroy any eco-system they were released into... not to mention cattle, mutton, chickens or any animal widely consumed across the planet.

That's the one thing I never understood about vegfags, why would they want to liberate billions of animals into an environment incapable of nurturing them the way a cattle ranch, or chicken farm could?

THAT's animal cruelty, in comparison butchery and raising animals for slaughter seems more of a mercy than a cruelty.
>>
>>7118384
I'm guessing they would want to exterminate human-bred species
>>
>>7118324
>>7118329
My favorite salad is a caprese so I'm aware good salads that can be a min dish exist. But I'm not a big fan of salads regardless. You don't get that afterglow you get from a really good meal from a salad. If I want to have many veggies I'd go for a jalfrezi.

And I'm not really sure the salad you osted is vegetarian.
>>
>>7118403

How compassionate. Billions of rotting corpses doesn't mean anything to them I suppose.
>>
>>7118410
I wonder how they feel about companionship animals. The dogs never consent to being bred for our use
>>
>>7118408
Vegetarianism and carnism are two words that mean the same thing: I'm a picky baby and I make up extreme rules about what I will and will not eat.

That fish gave up his life for you. Be grateful and eat it.
>>
>>7118403
>>7118410
It obviously wouldn't happen overnight.
Regardless, the turnover rate of the average factory-farmed 'lad is only a few months to a year at most.
The industry would be cleaned easily.
>>
>>7118437
On a side note is there any area in the world where these animals would fit in ecologically?
>>
>>7118240
>>
>>7118450
There is no place where a hen can reasonably lay an egg nearly every single day in the year, no.
It'd be a massacre.
>>
>>7118421
Not wanting to consume the flesh of a previously living organism isn't an extreme rule imo. I don't mind sharing food off a plate with a meat dish on it nor do I expect my food to be prepared on a different utensil. But I don't order meat and I don't prepare it. So I don't know how any fish or mammal gave up its life for me. If I did buy or order it I would eat it.
>>
>>7118384
Liberating all the animals would be a mistake. We need to just slaughter what we have left and stop breeding them. Problem solved.
>>
>>7118506

>stop breeding them

How are you going to stop animals from fucking each other without imposing our rules/regulations/structure/housing and chemical birth controls on them?

There's a reason why roosters aren't allowed near hen coops.

Think it out more, then post again.
>>
>>7118506


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rabbits_in_Australia

From a few dozens, to billions... within a century. Wild animals will fuck no matter where you put them or what you do to them outside of death.
>>
>>7118384
You know animal agriculture is the #1 green house gas and water consuming pollutant on the planet right?

>>7118512
You need to think more. If we slaughtered what we had left, (and used all of their parts - as we do now) we would leave the rest of them up to the wild, their population would dwindle. Evolve or die.

If there were no hens in the coop, what would the rooster breed with? You understand?
>>
>>7118516
Like I said, slaughter and use what we have left. I didn't say set them all free. The wild ones will breed, but the population is already so low.
>>
>>7118245

Look up a recipe for buffalo quinoa balls. They are hella good and not that hard to make.
>>
>>7118518
>water consuming pollutant
lolwut
>>
I led a normal, successful life. I died after raising wonderful children who raised wonderful grandchildren. I was content when I passed. However, I was reincarnated as a homosexual. As soon as I was old enough and strong enough to grip a hand grenade, I pulled the pin and held it to my chest.

Now I'm living another happy and successful straight life.

You all should give the grenade thing a try.
>>
>>7118519

That's because it's controlled via hunting.
>>
>>7118518

Animals, Algae, and volcanoes are responsible for 99% of pollution. Always have been and will be. That's what melted the last mass glaciation of Earth. Volcanoes erupting.

The same thing is happening now, but business is business. You're a volcano.
>>
>>7118245
Dine in with friends then. Get better friends.
>>
>>7118324
I'm making a tomato, cucumber, onion salad with red win vinegar and extra virgin olive oil. All organic. Motherfucking yum.
>>
>>7118372
because I don't believe what you believe because I know that which you do not know.
>>
>>7118594
what cock tastes like?
>>
>>7118601

Cock au Vin is nice.
>>
>>7118570
I'd rather people hunt than people farm raise animals on a mass global scale
>>
>>7118578
And we can reduce, by not raising animals for food. It will result in less water usage, and less polution from methane gas, population will drop. Not to mention deforestation for farm land.
>>
>>7118617
I'd rather you stick your head up a dead bear's ass.
>>
>>7118619

>raising

How are you going to stop them from fornicating?
>>
>>7118617

>wanting to regress back into hunter gatherer lifestyles

Your children wont be vaccinated either, will they...?
>>
>>7118622
What's it like?
>>
>>7118316
>dyed red hair
she was asking for it
>>
>>7118637
Of course I believe in vaccinations. I'm talking about growing food that is less harmful for the environment and more economically sound. You know it takes 16 lbs of feed to get 1lb of beef? It doesn't make sense to keep doing this. We could skip the middle man and essentially eat the animals feed.
>>
>>7118669

Vaccinations are intentionally growing/raising microbes, torturing/weakining them to take advantage of their health benefits.

Explain the difference please, or do microbes not count as life to you?
>>
>>7118669
You know we're not really running out of food, right?
One farmer can feed about 200 people, whereas 100 years ago a farmer could feed 8.
>>
>>7118601
Skin. I was disappointed desu.
>>
>>7118669
>eat the animals feed
eat up
>>
>>7118671
Oh yes, there is a huge difference. Looking after yourself, like taking anti-biotics that kill bacteria, is important. Killing animals for food isn't at all necessary for survival, in fact evidence shows eating meat it is detrimental to heart health.

>>7118674
But we are running out of farm land, we have to stop cutting down so much forest land just for cattle to graze.
>>
>>7118677
Processed differently, of course.
>>
>>7118690
>impying we don't have more space than we know what to do with

Also, cattle don't graze amigo, cattle eat from a trough in a warehouse, you can put those literally anywhere.
>>
>>7118690

So you value your life over other lives, but livestock deserve to live? Why? You're not gaining benefit from them like the billions of half-dead/tortured viruses and microbes corsing through your veins this very moment.

What makes a cow more special than H1N1 virus for example? Not like the virus is causing green house gasses to raise to ridiculous levels unlike their bovine counterparts...
>>
>>7118694
First, animal feed is made with dent corn, so I hope you like polenta.

Second, vegans love comparing things by weight, which is absolute dumb. The difference is MUCH smaller when you compare them by calories.
>>
So vegans also buy into le human caused global warming meme

whatever the liberal propaganda machine tells you right
>>
File: fish1[1].jpg (39KB, 640x319px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
fish1[1].jpg
39KB, 640x319px
who /pescatarian/ master race here?
>>
>>7118794
Who just eats food without labeling themself?
/notafaggot/ master race here
>>
>>7118753
I don't represent all vegans, and you just believe whatever it is you believe in. We are all biased in one way or another. But odds are I'll outlive you, so maybe I can do more about it.
>>
>>7118832

Michael Clark Duncan thought the same thing, 3 years into being a vegfag he died of massive heart failure.

That man brought John Koffee to life, damn shame.
>>
>>7118240
>leather belt n shoes
>claiming to live vegan
>>
>>7118838
He may have had low b12. And of course, being vegan doesn't prevent you from ever having a heart attack, it just greatly lowers your risk.
>>
>>7118858
>he doesn't know there is imitation leather
But yea, I think the pic is just an example of what some people think vegans might look like
>>
>>7118869

How could blood serum cholesterol possibly accumulate without eating animal fats?
>>
>>7118877
Like I said, extremely unlikely but not impossible. Genetics might play a tiny role. Also heart defects etc. The list goes on.
>>
>>7118877
Also, some say hydrogenated oils can raise cholesterol
>>
>>7118877
Blood serum cholesterol doesn't have anything to do with dietary cholesterol. Just like blood serum triglycerides doesn't have anything to do with dietary fat intake. Just like how fatty liver doesn't have anything to do with dietary fat intake.
Blood serum cholesterol, triglycerides, and fatty liver are all drived by... take a wild guess... Sugar!
Fucking DUMB FUCK.
>>
le heart attack meme

correlation =/= causation
>>
>>7118960

Stop spreading disinformation.

Thank you.
>>
>>7118960

I don't see too many primates with a fruit only diet dropping dead from heart related illness.
>>
>>7118883

Heart defects have nothing to do wit diet. There are disorders and syndromes that develop as a consequence of having a shitty life.
>>
>>7118888

Some say avocados can lead to heart attacks as well, then there was the tras-fat scare/meme for a while...that ended up being bullshit as well, like most food related rumors.
>>
>>7119142
Trans fat hardens arteries, what is the meme about that?

>>7118960
Then why is it people with Diabetes can basically CURE themselves when they eliminate fat from their diet (no animal products, oil, processed food) And yet can eat as much fruit as they please? Or are you one of those people who thinks people with blood sugar problems should eat meat and avoid carbs
>>
>>7119129
Retard. Scientifically proven sugar causes heart disease.
>>7119134
Full retard. Enjoy your sugar induced heart attack you Sugar Jew worshipping pleb.
>>
>>7119142
No one says Avocados lead to heart attacks, they are low in saturated fat, high in monounsaturated with some polyunsaturated fat. By trans fat, do you mean saturated fat? There is no disagreement that Trans fat is nothing but terrible for you, hardening arteries etc. Some saturated fats (medium chain - like those found in Coconut) are debatable whether they are bad or not. It's still safe to assume your saturated fat intake should be low.
>>
>>7119149
Actually they reversed diabetes with a diet high in fats very low in carbs.
>insulin related disease
>let's give them sugar that causes insulin to shoot through the roof
Holy fuck, fucking flyovers.
>>
>>7119155

Explain the difference between sucrose, sucralose, fructose etc etc etc.

Your body can't tell the difference. Metabolized the same way.

Stop spreading your lies.

Sugar doesn't make children hyperactive either. It also helps your brain function normally, LSD and other hallucinogens work by STARVING your brain of sugars.
>>
>>7119158

>saturated fat

Yes, animal flesh and fat.
>>
>>7118240
I...am I an absolute pleb for liking their overall look? I mean. The hair is cute if you ask me, too. I'm sort of eh on the cuffing on the jeans, but other than that I like the outfit.
>>
>>7119179
Fructose is metabolized the exact same way as alcohol, to give you an idea of how bad it is.
Glucose, the other half of sugar, isn't really bad.
And by the way your brain only uses two chemicals for energy, glucose and beta-hydroxybutyrate. Your brain does NOT use fructose, in fact not a single organ in your body uses fructose. Fructose is only metabolized in the liver and it is turned into fat immediately.
Fructose is how you get fatty liver and belly fat (hey kinda like an alcoholic gets fatty liver and belly fat gee whizz you fucking dumb niggers I wonder why).
>>
>>7119211

Alcohol is a sugar though. Try again.

>fruit is bad for you

Idiot.
>>
>>7119162
I'm sorry, you are spouting very old science. It's now none that fat inhibits insulin regulation.
>>
>>7119229
Yes. So if you eat fruit or drink alcohol there's little difference. You obviously have a drug addiction problem, I feel sorry for you kid.
>>
>>7119241
It's now known*

>>7119229
I said sugar and carbs didn't I?
>>
>>7119241
HAHAHAHAHAJAJAHAHAHAHDHSHSJA.
Flyovers, everybody.
>>
>>7119162
>>7119250

http://nutritionfacts.org/video/plant-based-diets-for-diabetes/

watch this
>>
File: dsc_0096.jpg (142KB, 1500x1001px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
dsc_0096.jpg
142KB, 1500x1001px
Indian vegetarian is so good.
>>
>>7119271
Because Indian people don't hate food.
>>
>>7119253
http://www.diabetes.co.uk/diet/low-carb-high-fat-diet.html

What now flyover?
Go back to sucking on the Sugar Jew's cane cock.
>>
>>7119246

Carbohydrates are sugar though. It's also your body's preferred fuel source.
>>
>>7119245

>ur a drunk for proving me wrong

Wat.

Alcohol is a sugar.
>>
>>7119291
I'm not against carbs, I'm for carbs.
>>7119290
Science changes and evolves, get with the times. Learn to use new information.
>>
>>7119291
Actually your body prefers beta hydroxybutyrate and uses it very efficiently, but it can use glucose.
>>
>>7119296

>actually your body utilizes the scientific name for sugar better
>muh big words

Doesn't make you any less wrong you know.
>>
>>7119300
>he thinks beta hydroxybutyrate is sugar
Flyovers, everybody.
>>
>>7119291
Carbs are not "preferred", you can get glucose from many things and of course you can also use some ketones
>>
>>7118240
>Vegan thread

You spelled faggot wrong.
>>
>>7119296
>prefers
>Is only used when you're low on glucose

Sure thing Dr. Nick
>>
>>7119330

Carbs are the easiest to absorb sugars from though, why don't you know how your own body works?

Dr. Atkins polarize you too?
>>
>>7118708
Myself and many vegans consider the ethical value of a life relative to its ability to suffer. Beings with greater levels of sentience have greater capacity to suffer. Also, cows emitting greenhouse gases is minimized by veganism. Enormously inflated cow populations are a side effect of animal agriculture.
>>
>>7119325
>beta hydroxybutyrate

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beta-Hydroxybutyric_acid

>ketone
>ketoses
>sugars
>not sugar though

Stop pretending to be intelligent off Webmd Friend.
>>
>>7119386
>Beings with greater levels of sentience have greater capacity to suffer.
Not if you use a 25-06.

PS: Venison chili is winrar.
>>
>>7118316
look at that FAGGOT on the left holy shit
>>
File: adam.jpg (100KB, 680x878px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
adam.jpg
100KB, 680x878px
>>7118316
would bang/10
>>
File: plsnobully.jpg (445KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
plsnobully.jpg
445KB, 1600x900px
>>7119409
>25-06
>deer

maximum pleb dude
you gotta use .300 win mag and hunt elk instead
>>
>>7119419
you asked for it
>>
>>7118669
yeah you go eat sage brush dude
tell me how that goes
>>
>>7118384
>mutton, chickens
I think you fail to realize how vulnerable these two are to predation. Sheep are extremely stupid and will not defend themselves. Chickens are just plain vulnerable. A fox or coyote will kill a half dozen chickens in a single night given the chance.

Swive and bovines are a different story. Feral hogs already cause problems in the southern US. Cattle will defend themselves, but they are relatively slow reproducers and need grass of a minimum height to graze. SO as long as they aren't around herds of goats/sheep they'll do alright.

>>7118619
>deforestation for farm land
This is a baseless argument in the US. The only place largely chopping down forests for agriculture are in the tropics (rain forests specifically).

>>7118669
>16 lbs of feed to get 1lb of beef
You think all cattle eat nothing but corn their entire lives don't you?
>>
>>7119447
Good shot.
>>
File: TheRedCarpet.jpg (133KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
TheRedCarpet.jpg
133KB, 720x1280px
>>7119794
Thanks m8
went right through the bottom of the heart
>>
>>7119409
Hell a shotgun with a tight pattern and buckshot is virtually not suffering. At 50 yards I put 5 out of 9 pellets in a small doe last year. Dropped where she stood and kicked a little. My pattern is ~6" at 35 yards.
>>
>all of the people in this thread trying to justify eating meat because of "tastes good"
>if meat tasted like shit no one would care
>>
>>7120123
>all of these cecks that care about others eating meat
>>
>>7118506

>we just need to slaughter what we have left and stop breeding them

lol no we don't faggot. Maybe your whole family needs to stop breeding to prevent another fuckface like you from happening.
>>
>>7118245
Buffalo Cauliflower bruh. They're delicious especially if you fry them twice.
>>
>>7118240
Why do these threads always turn into a political thing? Why can't you people just let others live how they want especially when it's something done for a good cause?

All I want is one thread where we actually discuss the preparation and cooking of vegan cuisine. This year for Thanksgiving I made a vegan potpie. I used veggie maple sausages and a soy sauce based gravy with a philo dough crust. It was great.
>>
i was so excited to see this thread on /ck/ but the posts have been kind of disappointing. let's try to get things back on track. what's everyone's favourite vegan/vegetarian dishes that they like to make? i've recently turned vegetarian and trying to go vegan in the long run and would love some recipe ideas. i don't eat eggs or dairy or cook with them but am okay with eating them in prepared meals and things like prepackaged snacks.

i made baked tofu in a soy sauce, honey and hot sauce marinade with some garlic powder and it was really good. i pressed out the excess water of a block of extra firm tofu, cut it into small one inch cubes, put it in the marinade briefly then baked it in the oven at 400 degrees for 2-25 minutes. ideally you'd turn them midway but it's probably fine if you don't. they might either burn a little or get really really deliciously crunchy on one side. i'm really interested in seeing if it'd be even better if i pressed out more water/let it soak in the marinade longer

anyways sorry for the little rant, let's get to sharing recipes. bonus if the ingredients are easy to procure. does anyone have experience here with shiitake/chantrelles/other dried mushrooms? i'm so curious to try them
>>
>>7120469
spaghetti, salad, potatoes
I don't eat many meals without meat it seems
>>
>>7118473
>Not wanting to consume the flesh of a previously living organism
You know that fruit is the flesh of plants. So...yeah.
>>
>>7120263
Because 4chan is where people come to shit in other people's hats.

If you want a civilized discussion, you should go find some kind of vegan community site with a moderated forum.
>>
>>7120263
Your pretend meats and gravies demonstrate a deep-down lust for the real deal
>>
>>7118240

You used that image as if you wanted to create hostility.

I'm not a vegan, and it would be nice to open a dialogue with them that didn't create the pretense of wanting to hit them with a baseball bat.
>>
>>7118316

Was that what she was wearing when she lost a duel with Harry Potter?

Eh, must be rape.
>>
>>7120164
>lol no we don't faggot. Maybe your whole family needs to stop breeding to prevent another fuckface like you from happening.

Agree.
>>
>>7120637
>Your pretend meats and gravies demonstrate a deep-down lust for the real deal

That's what I don't understand about vegans.

If you want to survive on veggies, grains, fruits, nuts and legumes, got it. But why in the fuck are you trying to make fake ass meat products? Veggie "burgers", or veggie "hot dogs", or veggie "sausage", that's just fucking stupid. They'll combine a bunch of processed bullshit and chemicals in order to make their fake ass "meat" because it's "healthier".....it's madness, IMO.
>>
>>7120674
>Anonymous 11/29/15(Sun)18:13:10 No.712

Because one product comes from slaughter and one doesn't. It's not health, it's not wanting to contribute to a pretty inhumane industry.
>>
>>7120637
Yup, it like lesbians say they hate the D but dildos are shaped like dicks.
>>
>>7120694
what did she mean when she put her had back?
>>
>>7120694
blue board plz
>>
>>7120637
I only added veggie sausage for family members. Otherwise I would have just used some maple and pepper seasoned tvp or possibly tempeh or lentils. Regardless the point of meatless foods is ethical or health. Most veggie protein is lower in fat and tastes pretty good and hell sometimes you just crave that familiar texture without feeling bad for it.
>>
>>7120469
i dig tofu sandwiches and curries the most.
>>
>>7120732
>she
>>
File: live.png (317KB, 326x472px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
live.png
317KB, 326x472px
>>7118240
Look at that skeleton's wrists.
>>
>>7119706
> The only place largely chopping down forests for agriculture are in the tropics (rain forests specifically).
And where do you think McDonald's gets its soybeans.
>>
>>7120637
Calm down there, Freud.
>>
Why are people vegans? Why don't you just become a vegetarian and stop there instead of going out of your way to make things much more difficult for no real benefit? It sounds like a fucking mental illness.
>>
>>7120865
senpai
wrists are purely genetics you can't build muscle around 'em.

You can only gain fat there. Are you fat senpai?
>>
>>7120674
>it's madness, IMO.

does it hurt being so painfully stupid

there are moral and health reasons behind not eating meat/dairy products

processed vegan meat alternatives are still a lot better for you than processed meat

i've met a lot more meat eaters that are aggressively against vegetarianism/veganism than i have vice versa
>>
>>7121054
You clearly haven't read up on veganism.
>>
>>7118250
i'm not /fa/ by any stretch of the imagination but those look pretty swanky, how do i dress to wear these?
>>
>>7120865
Feel around your wrists, there is only skin, bone and tendon. No muscle to train there, thick wrists are genetic.
>>
>>7119134
But stress can kill any animal.
>>
>>7121171
they're a pretty standard style of boot, so unless you're wearing a suit, or a t-shirt and sweatpants/cargo shorts, basically any everyday apparel you'd wear in an office would be fine. I guess not with a golf shirt either; some people think those are office-appropriate but not me.

some people will try to claim they're ok with a suit but unless it's a tweed suit or something, it's going to look terrible.
>>
>>7120263
Because vegans are loudmouths with a superiority complex
>>
>>7121626
Except 1000% of the factional shitposting I see on this topic is from carnists taking out their passive-aggressive rage about some vegan girl who rejected them
>>
>>7121639
Found the vegan. Tell us, do you also do crossfit? Oh wait, I shouldn't ask you to tell me, you would have told me any way :^)
>>
>>7121222

They're primates, warfare is a constant reality to them, fighting over territory, rape, murder, infanticide etc etc etc.

Apes on the other hand live vastly more complex lives, but at the end of the day they're creatures of habit (like humans) and do "evil" or "bad" things in order to survive, including cannabalizing each other from time to time.
>>
File: vegan.gif (901KB, 160x160px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
vegan.gif
901KB, 160x160px
>>7121648
You were rejected by Samantha Wright?
>>
>>7121659
I think they eat apes of another group after fighting over territoriy and stuff
>>
>>7119706

>vulnerable these two are to predation

Cocks and ram are naturally equipped with weaponry to defend their lives and their offspring. I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of the charge of a pissed off ram, fuck those horns.
>>
>>7121663

So eating flesh of your enemies is okay to vegans? Damn... I better stay away from their gatherings then.
>>
>>7121666
Chimps are crazy. Rape, kidnapping of infants, torture, cannibalism
>>
>>7118585
>just get better friends, bruh
>b urself

Im an alcoholic that only leaves the house to work 10 hours a day including weekends, or to buy food&booze.

Get the fuck out, normie. Not all of us are 22 year old social butterflys that work 20 hours a week at starbucks and have time to "volunteer :)" and still have time to go clubbin bruh and post about it on facebook bruh.
>>
>>7119187
Same here, Anon. I even saved it into my /fa/ folder.
>>
>>7120263
Because veganism is derived from a political movement.

>>7120195
I can attest to this. Even better if you throw in an egg or whites. Super cheap, healthy meal.
>>
>>7118416
PETA believes keeping animals for "companionship" is the equivalent of keeping animals as lifelong prisoners. This is not to insinuate that all vegans believe this, but some in a large activist organization that financially supports serial arsonists do.
>>
File: 1087763378.jpg (455KB, 1021x998px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1087763378.jpg
455KB, 1021x998px
>>7121689

>works the weekend
>has opinion
>>
>>7118437
>, the turnover rate of the average factory-farmed 'lad is only a few months to a year at most.
You're assuming that a majority of our food comes from factory farms.
>>
Why are vegetarians such faggots?
>>
>>7118245
Why not just eat some damn chicken when you go out? It's not like you're doing it that frequently, and your sole patronage is going to have a negligible effect on the restaurant's rate of chicken usage.
>>
What's the point of being vegetarian?

Humans are made to eat meat
>>
>>7118329
I genuinely can't tell if your posts are trolling, so kudos I guess.
>>
What's a healthy alternative to butter for making porridge creamy? I tried olive oil but I don't think it works. Either that or I don't use enough.
>>
>>7119386
>Myself and many vegans consider the ethical value of a life relative to its ability to suffer

This is such a fucked up view to me, and I say that as someone who eats meat with nearly every meal. If you feel like ending life for your nourishment is a bad thing, how cruel and utilitarian is it to start ranking beings based on how much you suspect they feel? Would it be fine with you to eat brain dead humans raised from birth on life support?
>>
>>7120263
Maybe try starting a thread which has a topic beyond "vegan thread" and a picture of actual fucking food instead of some weedy prick.
>>
>>7124224
Coconut cream?
>>
>>7124224
You can try to blend the oil in water for a minute or two.
>>
>>7121689
Now THIS is butthurt. Sorry you're old and dying anon. Truly.
>>
>>7119103
correlation =/= no causation
>>
>>7119271
what are those things in the bowl?
>>
>>7119386

>assuming what non-sentient creatures feel
>being this arrogant
>speaking for an entire group of people
>>
File: 1406033276548.jpg (160KB, 621x621px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1406033276548.jpg
160KB, 621x621px
>quinoa
>>
>>7124230
It would be cruel and utilitarian if I said "cows suffer less than me, so I can eat them." I recognize the capacity of animals to suffer and avoid eating or otherwise harming them because of it. How is that cruel?
And yeah, a brain dead person cannot suffer. They are called vegetables with good reason. I wouldn't eat one, though, because that's fucking disgusting. But I would definitely save a dog from a burning building before I saved a vegetable, because a dog can suffer, while the corpse with a pulse cannot.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H73zgvD5x48

This guy has a punchable face but he refutes most of the retarded arguments meat eaters make aka this thread
>>
File: muttoncurry.jpg (47KB, 400x300px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
muttoncurry.jpg
47KB, 400x300px
>>7119271
that would be so good with some goat tomato curry on teh side.
>>
>>7119803
niiiiiiiiice
>>
File: myfacewhen.png (176KB, 428x510px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
myfacewhen.png
176KB, 428x510px
>>7125848
>if you went to your nearest slaughterhouse, removed the animals and replaced them with jews
>>
>>7125848
>serial arsonist telling people they're evil
>>
>>7125848
Okay that reported was borderline retarded. Unfair debate.
>>
>>7118250
Why do hipsters and /fa/ggots think that any high top dress shoe is a boot?
>>
>>7119271
They cannot eat meat or else their poo will be solid. They MUST poo soft in their designated poo'ing streets, fields, beaches.
>>
>>7119293
If alcohol is sugar, this would certainly explain why I am fat now. FML. And they told me it was the food I was eating. LAIRS!
>>
>>7118240
literally, fuck off
>>
>>7130201
As opposed to figuratively?
>>
Had vegan Ethiopian food tonight.
Shit was insanely delicious!!!
>>
File: ethiopian.jpg (167KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
ethiopian.jpg
167KB, 1000x750px
>>7130283
Forgot pic
Literally what I nommed, combo of all the veggie dishes. I know it doesn't look like much but it was flavorful as fuck. Dat injera...
>>
>>7124224
peanut butter and olive oil. yes it works. creamier than when i cook the oats in whole milk.
>>
last thread was nice, this one is just full of non-vegans pulling out the most retarded arguments out of thing air. the best ones are those who think vegans are actually more cruel and arrogant than them... jesus, at least admit you are doing damage to the animals.

literally everything you could say has already been covered here: http://www.godfist.com/vegansidekick/guide/ or its too stupid to even be listed
>>
>>7130414
*tries not to puke*
Dude, just use cashew milk. Coconut milk would be good too. I'm sure you could use coconut oil as well for a "buttery" type texture, though if you don't want the coconut taste go for refined coconut oil.
>>
>>7130297
zighini, oh how I miss you...
>>
>>7130297

looks delish.
>>
>>7118324
Hey buddy, you may not be aware, but if you aren't using it for a specific reason, it's a bit gauche to use a tripcode. Your welcome for the tip, and happy posting!
>>
Hey there carrot munchers! Carnivore here. My wife is currently on a vegan diet due to having MS. It seems to work she is no longer taking any medication. I do most of the cooking but I'm having difficulty finding a vegan gravy recipe. Most of the recipes tagged as vegan have a shitload of butter thrown in. No good to me. Also tried one last night that consisted of vegetable stock, red wine, onion and mustard. Wasn't the best. Anyone got a decent gravy recipe?
>>
>>7130672
I have one, it's from Soul Vegetarian cook book and it's fucking delicious.
Just searched house. Cookbook is missing. Sorry.
It has Bragg's liquid aminos, red peppers, onions, water, nutritional yeast, mushrooms and flour to thicken. That's about it for the ingredients--super sorry I couldn't find the recipe. Highly recommend that cookbook btw.
>>
>>7130726
Thanks for that. I'll give it a look.

Anybody else got some suggestions?
>>
>>7130672
not the recipe, but this looks good
http://thesethingsilove.com/2013/10/beefy-vegan-mushroom-gravy/
>>
>>7130729
Like this one. The ingredients are basic enough that I would always have them to hand except the dried mushrooms. They last forever though, so will get a bunch and keep them in the cupboard.

Much appreciated.
>>
>>7118240
>vegan thread
>#1 thread right now
>guaranteed to get to 300 replies
I refuse to even read this bullshit.
Vegans are like the /pol/ of food.
>>
>>7130732
You're so very welcome! Best of luck to you and the wife ^w^
>>
>>7130734
>knows he doesn't like the thread
>still posts in it
>THINGS I DON'T LIKE CAN'T BE HERE WHAAA
If you refuse to read it, just avoid it. In fact, you can even hide it. You can filter the word "vegan" from all of 4chan mate. No need to get buttblasted over something easily avoidable and then come make retarded shitposts.
>>
>>7130726
> Bragg's liquid aminos
Vegans: Better Living Through Chemistry
>>
File: braggs.jpg (20KB, 225x230px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
braggs.jpg
20KB, 225x230px
>>7130753
shit is so cash
>>
If I don't eat meat but consume eggs and dairy products, what am I? Besides, you know, a faggot.
>>
>>7130790

Ovo-lacto vegetarian, means flaming faggot actually.
>>
vegetarians are mentally ill
>>
>>7119290
> sugar jew
top kek idon't even know why but kek
>>
Every scrambled tofu recipe I see requires turmeric... will it taste like shit without it?
>>
>>7131120

turmeric is more for colour, seeing as it will make the tofu yellow... like scrambled eggs.
>>
>>7131138
Mostly, but turmeric does have some flavour
>>
>>7118378
>lying to strangers
>lying to yourself

Pick two.
>>
>>7131141

>some

Shouldn't be too interested in that considering tofu has no flavour.
>>
>>7131146
Trust me, don't leave the turmeric out
>>
>>7131151

I'm not saying leave it out, but you shouldn't be depending on that spice to make your tofu interesting... at all.
>>
>>7131146
But tofu does have flavour, some Koreans just eat it with nothing added because they like the "taste". Anyways, just add a little soy sauce or something
>>
>>7131155
Yes, true. I can't even eat tofu anyways, I'm like soy intolerant I guess. I tried a tofu scramble and it gave me a wicked stomach ache and gas, almost diarrhea. Soy bean stuff always does this to me, even milk. I'm fine with normal beans, I eat other legumes every day.
>>
>>7131156

Tofu is a default nothing to my palate. It has absolutely no taste to me, or anyone I know, hence why it's always incorporated into something that tastes potent, or it's marinated or glazed with something powerful tasting.
>>
>>7131161

Soy proteins also mimic estrogen in the male body, large consumption of which will cause your testicles to shrivel, teeth to decay, hair to fall out and breasts to develop. That's why so many thin men are "skinny-fat".

I avoid soy as much as I possibly can. I consider it poison.
>>
>>7120865
fatty detected
>>
>>7131164
This is false and has been known to be false for years. The effects you describe are the cause of expression of the er-alpha estrogen receptor, like in hormone replacement therapy. That is not how the estrogen-like compounds in soy act. They cause expression of the er-beta estrogen reeceptor, which is associated with none of the effects you describe.
Tl; dr stop spreading misinformation about an extremely healthy food you stupid fuck.
>>
>>7131621

Soy is poison to men. hence why you're defending it so fervently. That's fine, you can enjoy your no gainz and feminine physique.

Isoflavones are basically estrogen, which your body utilizes as estrogen and turns your into a boipussay.
>>
File: leaf eaters.jpg (47KB, 635x478px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
leaf eaters.jpg
47KB, 635x478px
>>7118240
>>
>>7120263
Because veganism \ animal rights is associated with progressivism an aggressive and violent political philosophy that aims to force one groups value's upon an entire population with state violence. Let them get a critical mass and the next thing you know the Ecopolice are at your doorstep with 6 jackboots ready to "enforce the law".
>>
>>7120536
>vegan community site with a moderated forum

I want to talk about vegan food not join a circlejerk.
>>
>>7131878
>Because veganism \ animal rights is associated with progressivism an aggressive and violent political philosophy that aims to force one groups value's upon an entire population with state violence.

except that's literally the existing system of meat eating
>>
>>7133710
> didn't want a circlejerk
> 4chan
>>
>>7120529

I'd say it's closer to a sex organ.
>>
>>7131628
Nah, that is old biased science against the soy industry. Can't have people drinking soy milk instead of cow tit milk with puss in it now can we?
>>
>>7131164
>>7131628
Do you drink beer? It has a lot more phyto-estrogen than soy. But in the end, phyto-estrogen doesn't seem to really effect people at all.
>>
>>7131164
Thin men are skinny-fat because why? They drink soy? First off, most people don't even drink soy milk, and second off if you want real hormones in the shit you eat, try eating dairy and meat.
>>
>>>7120263
>Because equality \ black rights is associated with progressivism an aggressive and violent political philosophy that aims to force one groups value's upon an entire population with state violence. Let them get a critical mass and the next thing you know the Yankees are at your plantation with 6 jackboots ready to "enforce the law".
The state should not allow mass scale animal slaughter for the same reason the state does not allow slavery.
> muh freedums
doesn't apply when other beings are being tortured and killed.
>>
File: image.jpg (127KB, 750x729px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
127KB, 750x729px
Guys holy shit...vegan Kraft mac n cheese! I normally don't eat processed stuff like this, but I've been sick and craving some comfort food.
>>
Is there something wrong with being vegan? I get bullied online a lot for being vegan.
>>
>>7135602

fucking die you niggerfaggot.
>>
>>7134549

>bias

Science isn't biased, your butthurt is though. Too much estrogen in your bloodstream, I suggest consuming less soy.

>>7134554

Then why mention it? Seems to me you just want to see your own wasted words on the screen to seem important to others. You need other people's validation to feel secure in your own masculinity? That's awful, consume less soy you're crying like an irate woman.

>>7134559

>drink

Never mentioned that, any soy product causes feminization in men. Hence why East Asian males are short, frail and feminine and the autists that linger here eating their formula food laden with soy products are, fat, lazy, feminine weirdos.

Seriously, since I've cut soy completely out of my life I've felt a "zest" for life that I cano only remember as a small child. My energy levels are through the room and my sex life has never been better.
>>
>>7118245
Then why don't you stop being a faggot and eat some meat like a fucking human would do.
>>
>>7118516
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rabbits_in_Australia
they aren't natural species to Australia you fucking moron shit head. The only relevant rabbit stats are places that have native rabbit species.
>>
>>7118334
*BOOM* goes the dynamite
>>
>>7135675
>Seriously, since I've cut soy completely out of my life I've felt a "zest" for life that I cano only remember as a small child. My energy levels are through the room and my sex life has never been better.
what a big boy! drinking all that breast milk :) yummy mommy
>>
File: IMG_1663.jpg (331KB, 1195x1600px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
IMG_1663.jpg
331KB, 1195x1600px
>>7134859
>>
>>7130297
i'd eat that
>>
File: smugmatsu.png (371KB, 763x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
smugmatsu.png
371KB, 763x720px
how do vegans deal with all the natural habitats destroyed to make plantations, which are also collected using slave labour?
do they just pretend it doesn't happen?
>>
>>7130297
that looks as if it already had been eaten and puked out again
>>
>>7139787
Probably tastes good, though/
>>
Need some easy-ish to make vegan dishes to try out, give me something /ck/
Never had tofu might try that
>>
>>7139802
indian recipes
seriously just follow the steps and it's simple and easy as fuck, replace ghee (fat from butter - milk solids) with oil of preference
>>
>>7129378
>high top dress shoe
While that's a pretty amusing term, the correct term is actually "boot". Some might say "dress boot" although I don't want to start a debate on whether wingtip disqualifies it from being considered "dress".

Why are you upset about the term "boot"? Do you believe it's only a boot if it's a work boot? Why not call your work boots "high top work shoes"?
>>
>>7139802
Have a food processor (easy) or a grater (less easy but okay)? Get a cauliflower. Process or grate and then heat in a tablespoon of olive oil at medium (5 out of 10) heat for 10 ish minutes. Its a rice substitute. Add a little salt and mix and its tasty af like chicken fried rice.
>>
>>7139986
Why go through all that to substitute rice?
>>
File: image.jpg (674KB, 1336x1282px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
674KB, 1336x1282px
Are these hipster boots?
>>
File: 125_2707142815.jpg (165KB, 800x1067px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
125_2707142815.jpg
165KB, 800x1067px
>>7140017
>>
>>7140026
Socially inadequate neckbeard detected.
>>
>>7140190
Don't be sore just because I didn't like your Hot Topic boots.
>>
>>7140017

> zippers on shoes

Tacky
>>
>>7139988
Because. Reasons.

You don't know enough to accept the answer without problems otherwise you would ask after the reason better.

Because grains are not as good as veggies.

1. most grains are acid forming and most veggies are alkaline forming.
>>
>>7118240
Who is this cum chum? Hel-looks?
>>
>>7139773
What do you think the livestock live off of? Air and rays of sunshine?
You have to grow extra plants to feed the animals, and use more land to raise them. Not to mention that simply by existing the animals burn calories, meaning there is even more inefficiency.
If everyone just cut out the middleman and ate plants we wouldn't need to destroy any more natural habitats.
What even is your argument? That since there is nothing we can do that doesn't negatively affect something in some way then we should just be as bad as we want and not try to improve? Because eating animals exacerbates all the problems you've mentioned.
>>
>>7140758
>That since there is nothing we can do that doesn't negatively affect something in some way then we should just be as bad as we want and not try to improve?
Pretty much
You hear the same argument trotted out against basically any suggestion of improving the world
>>
>>7140758
>You have to grow extra plants to feed the animals

Yep. But *different* plants. Inefficiency is a silly argument because many domestic animals eat food that humans cannot digest. A human being would starve to death in a field of grass. On the other hand it suits cows and rabbits just fine.
>>
>>7140325
Maybe they are, in some ways, but that doesn't mean you need to cut out everything from your diet that isn't completely perfect. If maximum concentrated healthiness is so important to you, why eat cauliflower when you could eat broccoli or kale.

And no one should be overly concerned about the ph balance of their body. That's pseudo-science and you know it.
>>
>>7141148
A different plant is completely irrelevant.
The point is that growing a large variety of plants would be more efficient at distributing macronutrients, vitamins, and minerals than the current focus on corn.
There's only one reason corn is so over represented in food distribution. Money. This current system is designed to put profits before the health of [insert your country here].
>>
>>7141148
>he thinks these animals live off fields of grass
And anyway all that space could be used to grow plants that are more suited for human consumption. A lot of it is just grains to begin with. There's no way the human population can survive at this rate. Veganism is the only solution.

That being said i couldn't give a fuck if later generations suffer from food and water shortage, most humans are scum and deserve it. I'm vegan to prevent animal cruelty, I can't stand millions of innocent animals dying just so some fat piece of shit can enjoy a milisecond of tasty meat.
>>
>>7141148
This. Those fields couldn't possibly be used for another kind of plants, what is this crazy talk? Why do hippies hate science?
>>
>>7119286
They they sure do hate toilets.
>>
>>7118630
most farms that are free range use artificial insemination
>>
>>7118240
>tumblr hipster the image

no wonder vegans have an image problem
>>
>>7118250
>being this autistic over boots
gosh people fall for anything
>>
>>7141702

What does that have to do with males quite literally raping the shit out of everything female within cock range?

Have you seen what happens when a fertile bull is around a lot of cows? I have... semen everywhere. That's why they use artificial insemination because the G-force of the fucking is so intense from bulls that they'll break the legs, back, hips and ribs of the female they're decimating.
>>
>>7118250
Those are hideous. The fuck is wrong with you?
>>
Could you guys recommend me some great cheap recipes.
>>
>>7135602
Nothing wrong with it, people tend to see it as an attack on their own lifestyle choices. You'll get used to it anon.
>>
>>7118384
we want to see all the animals killed and none more bred
Thread posts: 287
Thread images: 33


[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.