[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me out /ck/ trying to think of something I can make with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: ingredients2.jpg (45KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
ingredients2.jpg
45KB, 400x267px
Help me out /ck/ trying to think of something I can make with what I've got (very poor), I've got $1.5 for additional ingredients also

Here's what I've got atm:
1kg wholemeal flour
500g plain flour
500g caster sugar

500g Oats
500g plain white rice
750g stale lasagna sheets

Cheap "beef" sausages
5 eggs
3 potatoes

flavourless packaged parmesan cheese (powder like)

Ginger paste
mayonnaise
oyster sauce
Soy Sauce
Vege oil
Sesame oil
Olive oil

(Most usual kitchen spices, mostly Indian/Italian as well as beef stock cubes)

Alright so, my thoughts so far is maybe some sort of sausage/potato lasagna

Or sausages cooked with spices and maybe diced potato served with rice

Help me out please /ck/, I'm desperate for a decent tasting nutritional meal ideas cause I'm stuck eating the same thing for 2 weeks now
>>
File: 5406818.jpg (10KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
5406818.jpg
10KB, 300x300px
These are the "beef" sausages I'm referring to btw /ck/

And I've got 6 of them
>>
Spend your 1.5usd on vegetables

Cabbage stew with sausages and potatoes
Stir fried cabbage with oyster sauce over rice
Broccoli lasagna
roasted carrots with sesame oil and soy sauce over rice
>>
>>7095296
Cabbage is the only option of those, it's Australian dollars and I wouldn't be able to afford more than one meal worth of carrot/broccoli

Never heard of a cabbage recipe like stew or stir fried cabbage as a main meal before, how is it? I imagine it would be kind of non filling and bland

I might try a stew with the sausages and potatoes like you said, that could be nice and I think a whole cabbage is just over 1$ so could afford
>>
Oh and btw I'm trying to find a meal that can incorporate the flour/lasagna/eggs as they are great for filling out the meal in terms of carbs and I have a load of flour and quite a few eggs
>>
File: 1447916230404.jpg (522KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1447916230404.jpg
522KB, 1024x768px
Make this in a lasagna
>>
>>7095310
You can make your own pasta with just flour+egg, then serve it with olive oil + spices rather than a tomato sauce.
>>
Buy the smallest cabbage you can find and a head of garlic. Around here, cabbage is 39¢/lb and garlic is 25¢ per head (but five heads for a dollar, though). A small head of cabbage can weigh as little as 2lbs.
I read elsewhere ITT that you're in Skincancerland and I don't know how much cabbages cost there, but here, they're cheap.

Anyway, Smash several cloves of olive oil flat and place in a pot with olive oil.
Set to high heat and, when fragrant, lower heat to medium/medium-low.
When golden, add washed, finely-shredded cabbage and salt generously.
Sauté about until considerably softened and quite reduced.
Add all your rice (washed first to drain of broken rice starches), 350ml of water and stock cubes as desired/necessary.
Re-up the heat to high and allow to boil to cook the rice through.
In a separate pot or kettle, keep some extra water at around boiling, just in case, you need to top off the rice/cabbage mixture a little if it's not quite done yet.
When rice is cooked through and liquid absorbed in/evaporated out, adjust salt if/as necessary (or powder up some stock cube and use that instead) and off the heat.
Stir in lots of grated cheese and consume.

This is a typical poor people's dish in southern Italy and is quite good.
>>
>>7095322
Cabbage are $2.50 each

just looked up local supermarket online shopping guide

So cabbage is a no-go
>>
>>7095322
>cloves of olive oil
Err... cloves of garlic, rather.
Fix'd.
>>
>>7095319
Considered doing this, I've never made pasta from scratch before though only bread and cakes etc

Bit worried that I might mess it up and there's loads of ingredients down the drain

Have you made pasta from scratch before?
>>
>>7095330
>shopping at coles
Go to Aldi, faggot.
>>
>>7095337
rude cunt

i'm not in a large city we only have coles IGA and woolworths
>>
>>7095307
>Never heard of a cabbage recipe like stew or stir fried cabbage as a main meal before, how is it? I imagine it would be kind of non filling and bland

It would be better if you had more to work with, some onions or garlic.
Maybe find out what you actually could get for your 1.50 first.

Pasta from scratch is easy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Io-Qgq_I-s
>>
>>7095356
Yeah, I know

I'm pretty good at cooking up cheap meals and usually have a good backup supply of a larger selection of ingredients with onions and garlic being a staple (hence all the oils and spices and base ingredients)

I think I'll give the pasta a go, although pasta and olive oil isn't a very filling meal from my experience eating it in the past although it is tasty
>>
File: 2013-08-07-16-33-24.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
2013-08-07-16-33-24.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>7095284
Buy 1-2 onions and a few cloves of garlic and make a sausage curry using the potatoes as well

Additional you could add some boiled eggs to the curry or eat them along side plain

It's not particularly nice but it's a great filling meal especially with rice and you've got the spices for it
>>
>>7095284
make some bread
>>
>>7095383
looks good, I think I'll make this and some flatbread with the flour

although flatbread without butter and milk is a bit disappointing
>>
File: IMG_1427.jpg (149KB, 864x648px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1427.jpg
149KB, 864x648px
>>7095319
>>7095334
Ended up making some pasta, it tastes great but a little overcooked

Messed up the dough and had to add another egg after kneading and knead for another 20min. Pain in the ass but I didn't want to waste an egg haha

>fettucine with olive oil, cracked pepper and a sprinkle of parmesan
delish!
>>
>>7096265
that looks great

nice first go making pasta
>>
>>7095284
>bowl of piping hot fresh rice
>break a raw egg over the top
>dash of soy sauce
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.