[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys. Does anyone have any good alternatives to salt? Due

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: ahhhmarcohelpme!.jpg (29KB, 377x171px) Image search: [Google]
ahhhmarcohelpme!.jpg
29KB, 377x171px
Hey guys.
Does anyone have any good alternatives to salt? Due to my health I shouldn't be using it on cooking or to season food.

Normally I cook things like pasta and hot pots. Without salt it just doesn't taste as good. Any thoughts?
>>
>>7094333

Use MSG
>>
You're fucked bro. It's hard to replace salt and make it actually taste good.
>>
Start taking decent doses of zinc every day.
Improves the sense of smell and taste.
An MSG is fine too.
>>
Maybe I'm weird, but I've never used a lot of salt in anything. I don't mind it if it's there, and yeah, some recipes need it, but stuff like pasta I don't miss it at all.
>>
vinegar and vinegar based hot sauces. Tabasco is a good start, when something needs seasoning I use that instead of salt.
>>
dried herbs
nutritional yeast
paprika etc

basically you're fucked
>>
>>7094333

Use Knorr Stock Pots™.
>>
>Due to my health I shouldn't be using it

How much WERE you using?

You're a human and you require iodine, don't you? A mere pinch of iodized salt can take you far.
>>
>>7094333

low sodium salt, though it does have an odd metallic taste

msg is quite salty in flavor given that it has way less sodium by flavor than table salt
>>
The vast majority of salt intake comes from shitty food/fast food. Relatively speaking, very little salt is added at the table and in home cooked meals
>>
pepper, MSG

also, just keep eating whatever and get used to it

right now you are probably fairly addicted to salt, the less you use it the less you will want it
but you have to get over the initial addiction before things start tasting better and you start

good luck OP
>>
File: 1444530027289.jpg (1MB, 2760x699px) Image search: [Google]
1444530027289.jpg
1MB, 2760x699px
Tbh lads I was just trying to start a Marco post
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.