[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Food with chicken liver

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: Chicken Liver.jpg (5KB, 327x154px) Image search: [Google]
Chicken Liver.jpg
5KB, 327x154px
Hey guys i did a bet with some friends that i can make any part of the chicken delicous only problem is that i don't know jackshit about cooking chicken livers the only recipe i know is fried with onions and thats all do you know any?
>>
>the only recipe i know is fried with onions

That's delicious. You win!

If you want to get fancier, make pate from them. Or bread them and deep-fry them. Or prepare them as yakitori, brushing them with tare and grilling them on skewers. No matter how you prepare them, the main thing to remember is not to overcook them. Chicken livers should still be pink in the middle.

If you really want to impress your friends, do you think you can make the bones delicious?
>>
File: guajillo.jpg (8KB, 282x179px) Image search: [Google]
guajillo.jpg
8KB, 282x179px
>>7082300
Thanks a lot man.
Yeah and the bones i got this old recipe from my grandma when they were really poor she made a guajillo chicken soup with the bones and made some plain white rice.
>>
Yup, fried with onions is all you need.
Chop into small pieces and don't use much fat or they will get VERY explosive.
>>
>>7082291
You can make a pasta sauce out of them with onion, garlic, tomato, thyme, hot pepper, red wine. Sweeten with a little red wine vinegar and sugar, mash and use to dress thick noodles like papardelle. Could probably toss in a few capers if that's how you roll.
>>
File: 1440289798101.jpg (46KB, 600x615px) Image search: [Google]
1440289798101.jpg
46KB, 600x615px
>>7082336
No can do with sauce it has to be "real food" my friends said that when i said i was going to do a pate don't really know what that expression means but i get a Xbone if i can make it great but if i lose i lose my hair.
>>
>>7082357
Your friends thinks a pasta sauce isn't real food? What kind of lunatic friends are you hanging with? French?
>>
https://youtu.be/zddZf4zMv5Q
https://www.chefsteps.com/activities/chicken-liver-pate
I made this the other day and I probably should have halved the amounts in the recipe because now I have so much damn pate. The good part is that it's fuckin delicious.
>>
File: 1439358250164.gif (2MB, 275x154px) Image search: [Google]
1439358250164.gif
2MB, 275x154px
>>7082381
What they mean is that the complement should not overshadow the main dish (chicken liver) and yes 2 of them are french canadian
>>
>>7082410
Sounds like your friends have been watching too many cooking competition shows. That whole "main dish" and "side dish" thing is so fucking stupid unless you're looking to cater to picky eaters.
>>
BTW, op, don't make stupid bets.

Sometimes you'll find the gall blader still attached to the chicken liver. Carefully remove and discard it, cautious not to spill the contents.

If your friends demanded you make a delicious dish of chicken gall bladders you'd be royally fucked.
>>
>sauté with garlic and shallots
>add cream
>serve on crusty bread
>>
>>7082447
Anon, I challenge you to make a delicious gall bladder salad.
Meet me at the flagpole at 8.
>>
>>7082443
>That whole "main dish" and "side dish" thing is so fucking stupid
It's literally how most modern meals are structured, unless you're at a nice restaurant that does multi-course meals or a dim sum or buffet-style place.
>>
>>7082780
>It's literally how most modern meals are structured,
When unimaginative people are doing the structuring. Like a British public school lunch: meat, potato, 2 veg. No thanks.
>>
Blast from the past: rumaki

http://www.thewickednoodle.com/rumaki-bacon-wrapped-water-chestnuts/

Bacon wrapped around a chicken liver bit and a water chestnut.
>>
>>7082789
The food in British public schools is actually very high quality.
>>
>>7082811
The whole meat and side dishes thing works great when the center of the meal is a roast piece of meat. But when you look at the big world out there of other cuisines that don't happen to be European (or strongly European influenced) you see lots of great dishes that are many things cooked together, and the greatness of the dish comes from how the flavors are balanced. There is no slab of protein as the central player.

On a day to day basis I'd rather eat those kinds of foods, and just go for the slab once in a while.
>>
>>7082823
Well if you're paying up to £30,000 a year to send your kid there I'm pretty sure the food is going to be good.
>>
Quite a lot; Stew, Casserole, Liver fried rice, Pie, burgers...basically what you do with any other part of a chicken
>>
>>7082823
You do understand what a public school is, right?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.