[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else hate the sound of people eating, I mean really hate?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: sunflower jello.jpg (90KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
sunflower jello.jpg
90KB, 960x720px
Anyone else hate the sound of people eating, I mean really hate?

It's like razor blades inside my ears when I hear that food being churned around in there. I can't take my mind off it, I get so irritated I can barely breathe.
>>
File: 1346414994564.jpg (22KB, 427x340px) Image search: [Google]
1346414994564.jpg
22KB, 427x340px
>>7079627
Every day I wake up to my roommate chewing.
Fuck, why do people do it so loud?
>>
>>7079627
Yes.
>>
I didn't realize how much it actually bothered me until binge watching Joey videos. I actually felt the veins pulsating in my forehead
>>
I'm disgusted by many things but this is not one of them for some odd reason
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misophonia
>>
>>7079627

There's a guy in one of my lectures who eats 2 apples /every/ fucking class period as loudly as possible. Crunching and slurping and chewing every wet sloppy bite with his open fucking mouth. I have to sit on the opposite side of the room and pretend he doesn't exist otherwise I can't concentrate.
>>
>>7079633
I feel this, dude. She eats yogurt like a fucking cow.

Jesus fuck, you don't need to smack your mouth around like a fucking sperglord to enjoy it.
>>
Yes, especially when they bite their forks.

The sound of pouring water and ice in a glass drive me absolutely bonkers too.
>>
>>7081062
Something that happened once and you chose to exaggerate.
>>
>>7081121
You might be on the spectrum. One of the signs is sensitivity to normal sounds.
>>
I dont hate it as much as op but it can be annoying to me, especially when everything is quiet. If I am eating with family I would have a radio going in the background or some kind of noise to drown out the chewing
>>
>>7081121
Oh gosh I hate it when people scrape their forks on their teeth
it makes that "oh shit nigger what are you doing" noise and really sets me off.
>>
>>7081121
>>7081141
This. You could have aspergers.
>>
>>7079627
Not every sounds, but I especially hate the sound when people chew, slurp soup, or suck candy. It's less of a big deal when the sounds are dulled by background noise in a restaurant, but it's absolutely shitty in the close confines of a small dining room.

When I hear these eating sounds, I feel rage building up inside somewhere in my stomach. I can't help but feel like I just have to punch or strangle the person making the noise and the only way I can make myself feel better is by letting out a loud, forcible sigh.
>>
>>7079627
I'm the same. Just the sound of food being mushed in someones mouth angers me to my core. Crunchy stuff doesn't bother me.
>>
I actually hate it when people say the word "lunch". It just drives me crazy, the way it sounds when it comes out of someone's mouth. Someone the other day said "it's time for lunch" and I actually cringed.
>>
I hate it as well, but I'm also smart enough to know when it's inevitable.

Like when you are eating chips or really crunchy cereal. Even with their mouth closed and them chewing slow as fuck you can still hear it. I hate when people nag me about it and then start doing it themselves without realizing.
>>
>>7079980
I have this too anon, pretty badly. Not just for food sounds.

It's fucking impossible to tell people what's wrong with you without offending them and making you look like a massive faggot.
>>
>>7081514
I don't think I'm on the spectrum but I am diagnosed with anxiety, which misophonia can be linked to.
>>
>>7081695
Yeah I do my best to avoid situations where I'll have to be eating with a group of people in a room with no background noise. Even restaurants.
Especially here holy FUCK you would not believe how badly they use cutlery, sounds like they're trying to murder the plate.
>>
>>7079627
My mom went out with one of the most famous DDSs in the USA, a really highly skillful dude, and the dealbreaker with her was that he smacked when he ate. I heard it myself though I was a little kid, I was like wtf. One has to have standards and for him that would be marrying up, so my mom had choices. inbf, what happened to your dad... died after being in the air force and dealing with family stuff too much. That's how I learned to not be a twat.
>>
>>7082280
>military father
>mother worried about "marrying down"
literally what
no disrespect intended to people who fight for this country, but I don't understand this post
>>
There are only two possible ways to hear someone eating: either they take bites that are too big or they chew with their mouth open. Both are signs indicating a lack of self-control.
>>
File: chewmud.jpg (21KB, 320x278px) Image search: [Google]
chewmud.jpg
21KB, 320x278px
>Relevant to OP
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.