[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thanksgiving sandwiches

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 2

File: 02-Lennys-Thanksgiving-Sandwich.jpg (77KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
02-Lennys-Thanksgiving-Sandwich.jpg
77KB, 640x480px
Thanksgiving is coming up, and as we all know, that means lots of delicious cold turkey sandwiches afterwards.

How do you do yours? I keep it simple, with slabs of cold turkey breast on either white sandwich bread or sliced Italian bread, with a generous amount of Hellmann's, Kewpie, or, yes, Miracle Whip. Cheddar sometimes, if it's available, but it's not required.

I've seen Thanksgiving-type sandwiches at sub chains that include stuffing and gravy and all that. I'm sure they're good, but at home, I've always been too lazy to put something like that together. And turkey + mayo is just such a winning combination.
>>
Do clapistanis make bubble and squeak?
>>
>>7067811
your post has no connection to the thread itself and should be deleted
>>
>have deliciously roasted turkey
>put mayo on it

jesus wet americans are fucking gross
>>
>>7067813
Do you know what bubble and squeak is? I was just asking a question m8 and it's semi related to the thread.
>>
>>7067816
nope it's not related at all. you need to die
>>
>>7067818
How is it not related at all? Or are you just being a typical American who, when confronted with something isn't American, goes off in a strop?
>>
>>7067804
I make a extra batch of rolls and toss them to bake 30 minutes before I want to eat my sandwhiches. While rolls are baking reheat leftover mash and gravy and mash goes on the top of roll gravy on the cold turkey add some black pepper and eat.

10/10
>>
Last year I used nice crusty bread with leftover turkey, cranberry sauce, stuffing and a bit of cheddar cheese. It was delicious.
>>
>>7067827
>cheddar cheese

*American "cheddar" """"cheese"""" product
>>
>>7067813
Who shat in your cereal? Faggot.
>>
>>7067804
Just turkey and mayo on the softest bread I can find. That usually means Wonderbread. And a good few twists of a peppercorn mill.
>>
>>7067860
>thanksgiving sandwich
sounds more like a turkey sandwich. My roommate had one of those yesterday, or something very similar.
>>
Mayo yes. Sharp Cheddar yes. Homemade cranberry sauce yes, or otherwise some sweet and sour pickle, Branston preferred. And some stout bread. Soft bread a shit. You need something sturdy to make a quality sandwich. With a great fucking mug of beer.

Basically a ploughman's lunch with turkey instead of ham.
>>
White bread (come at me), generous amount of Mayo (preferably Duke's), dill pickle chips, turkey (of course), little salt, lots of pepper.
>>
Mayo and sliced onion. Nothing else(besides white bred duh))
>>
>>7068114
>mayo
>onion
>nothing else
what does this sandwich have to do with thanksgiving?
>>
>>7067804
Sourdough, a thin layer of white meat, a thicker layer of dark meat, lots of black pepper, a thin smear of mayo, and a single piece of romaine.
>>
>>7067916

as an American that recently discovered Branston Pickle I have to say this sounds fucking delicious
>>
im thinking about buying a smoker in a few days and attempting to smoke this years turkey.....you guys ever tried it?
>>
>>7067811
Not really as you'd call it I guess. Closest thing I can think of would be a hash, which is cut up griddle fried potatoes with veggies and sometimes meat.
>>
>>7068416
How the hell are you yanks finding out about Branston?

You always say it is weird when described in food threads on /int/.
>>
>>7068374
Replace the mayo with cranberry sauce and the lettuce with stuffing
>>
>>7067821
>How is it not related at all?
>confronted with something isn't American
>in a thread about American thanksgiving (because it's 2 weeks away)
>in a thread about Thanksgiving sandwiches
what a fag
>>
>>7068738
I was comparing similar food cultures, specially about how leftovers from roasts were dealt with, in a thread about using leftovers
>>
Sharp Cheddar, whole wheat or multigrain toast, cranberry mayo, lots of black pepper
>>
Go to Wawa and buy a Gobbler.
>>
>>7067814
>not realizing whole roasted turkey is plain and usually dry
>>
Turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce and mashed potatoes on home baked bread

All a nigga need
>>
>>7068423
That's my father's preferred method. It takes a lot of work, but the end result is worth it.

>>7068690
Many American supermarkets have an international food section where you can find it.
>>
>>7069009
>He doesnt brine his turkey.

Fag probably thinks whole roast chicken is shit also

What a pleb
>>
>>7069963
If you roast it properly you can have a juicy turkey without brining it. Some people may prefer the taste, but it's not the only method of not having dry meat.
>>
italian bread, turkey, bacon, cheddar, stuffing and gravy
>>
>>7067804
Turkey, stuffing, mayo, good bread, maybe cranberry sauce but usually branston or red relish.
>>
File: Iceberg-Lettuce.jpg (191KB, 625x448px) Image search: [Google]
Iceberg-Lettuce.jpg
191KB, 625x448px
>>7067804

your turkey sammie is almost perfect - just forgetting one thing

got to breakout the heavenly iceberg!
>>
>>7068690
How are we finding out? You are aware of this little community called the "Internet", right?
>>
Triple decker club type middle piece of bread soaked in gravy - that's the moist maker ! Also dessert with mockolate
>>
It's tradition. My family has been going to Ruth's Chris for Thanksgiving since the mid 1800s.
>>
>>7067804
Grandma Sycamore's bread (absolute GOAT when it comes to turkey sandwiches), mayo with cranberry sauce mixed into it, stuffing, turkey, and whatever lettuce.
>>
>>7067804

i usually go a layer of turkey, raw onions, spicy pickles, and stuffing/dressing on a toasted roll. mayo is a must and a super sharp cheddar is nice. i also pepper the shit out of it.

no gravy no cranberry shit. KISS.
>>
>>7067804

my favorite post-thanksgiving sandwich

>cold turkey meat
>leftover roll
>leftover stuffing
>leftover turkey gravy
>>
I use oatmeal bread because its big and thick, I toast it, I put mashed potatoes on both pieces, put a bunch of shredded cheddar all over the mashed potatoes, microwave it until its warm but not melting, then put a ton of cold turkey on it and close it and eat it like the fat slob I am.
>>
>>7073410
This and maybe a layer of mashed potatoes with more gravy if I want to fuck my shit up

If it's smoked turkey then a sandwich on toasted bread/hoagie roll with havarti and leftover stuffing/avacado is good too
>>
>>7067804
Pack the leftovers between two slices of good quality bread. Usually that's a couple slices of turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, gravy, and Brussels sprouts.
>>
>>7067804
I usually do cold turkey breast sandwiches with stuffing and cranberry sauce.

Usually comes out fantastic.
>>
I like to pull apart my turkey leftovers and combine them with a mayonnaise anc chili sauce afterwards, and then cook it with nut bread in toaster oven
>>
>>7068949
To be fair, you don't get the complete context. The leftovers from Thanksgiving are a topic in of themselves because nobody eats turkey outside of Thanksgiving. That means twenty pounds of meat that is usually cooked in an inferior manner must be consumed before it goes bad. The traditional means is making a turkey sandwich. Some people make them like normal sandwiches, and some people incorporate the leftover Thanksgiving side dishes (which are also rarely made outside of the holiday) to make the sandwich. In that manner, OP was trying to invoke the nostalgia that goes with a family trying to devour the yearly feast leftovers, not just any leftovers from any given feast.

Also, as a burger, I am on the lookout for ways of using the turkey leftovers before they go bad. I couldn't care less about any other type of leftovers. I personally am planning on making a turkey sausage gumbo and a turkey pot pie in addition to my sandwiches. I bet turkey would be good in pasties.
>>
>>7076380
I forgot to contribute. Open faced sandwich with toasted white bread, turkey, a scoop of mashed potatoes, and smothered with gravy.
>>
>>7067804
King Hawaiian rolls (any sweet potato bread really)
Turkey
Gravy
Pepper
Mashed potatoes
Sweet potatoes
Any combination of the above ingredients works until it's finally gone. I also like hot sauce on them to even out the sweetness.
>>
>>7067804
OP, For the last 5 years or so, I've roasted fresh turkey, not frozen. Makes a better 2nd day sandwich, moist and perfect texture. I'll even buy a second breast to roast a few days later closer to New Years for some more sandwiches.

Soft white bread. Not low tier, just homemade tier. Publix has "white mountain bread" or a sliced italian. I also like a leftover potato roll. Basic salt and pepper on the white meat turkey, and Dukes or Hellman's. That's it. I like the simplicity. If I want just one more thing, I might put some sliced avocado.

I also like a "thanksgiving" sandwich as much as the next person. For my family leftovers, it'll include a thin but flavorful layer of giblet stuffing with all the good flavors of celery, onion and sage, mayo-slathered bread or roll, turkey, and I will do some of the leftover cranberry chutney (whole cranberries, raspberry white balsamic, five spice recipe). I've put green bean casserole on it a couple times, but not so awesome. If I get something special breadwise before the big event, it'll be dilly rye or some kind of nutty whole grain roll, so I might add some creole mustard to the mayo to bring that out. My relish tray will have leftover olives, pickled onions, tarragon pickled mushrooms, and usually some cheese ball of gorgonzola-cream cheese-dates-pecans. It can be a good spread to counter some of the sliced cold roast beef (which I make as well as turkey!).
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.