[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have any of you ever shoplifted food before? I'll admit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

File: shoplifting.webm (349KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
shoplifting.webm
349KB, 480x360px
Have any of you ever shoplifted food before?

I'll admit that I stole from a local grocery tore when I was poor; I would walk in with a fabric bag and fill it up then pretend to use the self-checkout.
>>
I usually steal something every time I go to the grocery store. Never been caught, but I'm good like that. Most places seem lax on security
>>
File: 41w2dDruKPL._SY300_.jpg (13KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
41w2dDruKPL._SY300_.jpg
13KB, 300x300px
When I was a kid I stole these daily for about 6 years, never caught
>>
Yeah, we used to shoplift with my girlfriend since she was allowed to bring oversized purses inside. Id steal things I considered too expensive for what they were, like jabugo ham, weird cheeses and saffron.

I miss that fucking bitch.
>>
>>7063231
I eat grapes from the produce section, never buy them though.
>>
>>7063231
No because I'm not a degenerate. How about going to food banks next time you decide to blow your paycheck on drugs?
>>
>>7064020
Jokes on you, I eat at the food bank whenever I'm not begging on the streets, panhandling is a lucrative career.
>>
>>7064020

Oh look the morally correct teenager is here to judge us all.
>>
>>7063524
I remember when they were 5p
>>
>>7064040
>I remember when they were 1/2 p and the size of your hand and the chocolate was rock hard
>>
>>7064020
>Food banks

I love my bran flakes without any milk and dry beans. Oh and some expired food. Thank you.
>>
>>7064020
You know it's a global rule on 4Chan that you have to be 18 to post
>>
>>7063231
Shit man, I haven't seen that video in years. Nostalgia/10
>>
No, I'm not a nigger.
>>
>>7064020
are you excited for prom next year?
>>
>>7063231
Once.
Still feel some kind of strange guilt
>>
Almost every time I go food shopping I steal something.

I dont know if they have them in Murica (im presuming they do) but a lot of our checkouts are self service. If you bag something without scanning it, the machine loses its shit, and you have to get a member of staff over to verify your bags. 9/10 wont check your bags, but sometimes you find one who will, in which case you have to pay for it.

To get around this problem, I always pick up an onion when shopping. To get a price for the onion, you have to weigh it at the checkout. So whilst I weigh my onion, I also put other things on the scale too. Perhaps some cheese or a pack of meat. The bagging area then knows to expect the weight of my onion + cheese/ meat so doesnt protest when I put it all in together, and I end up paying for cheese/meat at the same price I pay for onions.
>>
When i worked at kroger i was so broke i had to steal food. I was the night stock guy who unloaded the trucks every night, and i'd "accidentally" damage some product. Product goes to the backroom to be scanned and then it goes right in the trash, but i'd set aside the good stuff in a bag and throw it in my truck. It's hard to give a shit when that store made nearly 100k a day and pay employees shit wages.
>>
No because i'm not a nigger.
>>
>>7065224
I do that too
But with bananas, they're the cheapest per lb
Nothing better than paying 29 per lb for a porterhouse
>>
I used to work at Walmart and every day I worked I would go to the deli, he get a half pound of jojo potato wedges and two chicken strips, then go eat them in the break room. Manager eventually found out but only charged me $10 because they couldn't prove all of them. Never paid, never had any negative repercussions
>>
>>7065293
A lot of places I shop have moved to pricing bananas at a flat rate per piece. Onions still dirt cheap though. I save quite a decent amount of money through doing it.
>>
>>7063231
just some gum once
>>
Sometimes I take the damaged/expiring food that's supposed to be thrown into the dumpster, if there's anything decent. I don't feel guilty about taking food after it's been marked as "destroyed" and removed from our inventory.
>>
I used to steal lots of groceries. like fill up a cloth bag in a hand basket and then when I was done set the basket down, pick up the bag and walk out. was a real rush and the last time I did it I almost got caught stealing one measly high end chocolate bar. bitch grabbed me when I left the store and I took off running, outran her. was sooo paranoid id get arrested after that especially cuz I abandoned my vehicle in the lot cause I was too freaked out to go get it. I eventually had it towed and picked it up in the middle of the night. was a strange time in my life.
>>
>>7065642
Is that even stealing?

I've got a flatmate who works at a non chain organic supermarket and they let their employees take home all the produce they would throw out.

He brought a couple cases of nice wine home the other day because some bottles of the batch had faulty corks.
>>
>tiny ground red pepper spice container
>$5
OR
>$0

I went with the $0
>>
I really have no ethical problems with shop lifting, especially from grocery stores which always over order and have so much waste that a few people shop lifting wont do anything to their bottom line.

it just isnt worth the consequences of getting caught to me though
>>
Your daily reminder that one third of the food produced in the ENTIRE WORLD gets thrown away
>>
>>7067715
Thing is though, in places like Africa with all the starving childrens and such, the problem often isn't a lack of food, it's lack of food distribution.

The problem isn't not producing enough food, the problem is huge chunks of the world don't get any of it.

Wasting food is still bad and all, just saying.
>>
I do it all the time at the self-checkouts in supermarkets. It's just too easy.
>>
Yes but Jesus said it's okay.
>>
you're a bunch niggers
>>
File: 1424814024552.png (439KB, 509x623px) Image search: [Google]
1424814024552.png
439KB, 509x623px
>be me at 19
>have mild schizo hehe
>really, really like imitation crab meat
>want some but dont have any money
>walk to kroger
>grab all the krab packages they have
>take them into bathroom
>eat all of them whilst sitting on toilet playing FF on phone
>try to flush all the plastic down the toilet
>it clogs and i run out as janitor is walking in
>probably ate a couple pounds or so

well not shoplifting but close i guess
>>
When I was in my first couple years of high school l I used to lift candy/snacks once a week or so from the 7/11 that was within walking distance for lunch. Always bought something else and just shoved the other item in a pocket. I really don't know why I did it; I had plenty of money and I didnt get a rush or anything out of it.

Never got caught but I stopped once a couple other kids got busted and my group of friends started to get cars so we could eat better than 7/11 junkfood.
>>
>>7063231
>local grocery 'tore
Did you steal some 'za?
>>
When I was younger there was this store that sold candy in bulk and they were stupid enough to put the Sour Jujubes next to the regular ones.

Sour ones were, like, ten cents extra. So I'd fill a bag full of sour jujubes and then put the code down for the regular jujubes and save money.

Would one consider this shoplifting or taking advantage of an oversight? Wasn't like I was stuffing my pockets or anything.
>>
>>7068867
Literally did the same thing freshman year of college.
My dorm was across the street from 7/11, so they ended up buying me snacks all the time.
A personal favorite was putting two bags of their "nachos" into one container, essentially getting 2 for one.

I'd sneak out little snacks like oreos and starburst all the time too, the trick is just to buy something from the area you stole from. Like you can't go by the candy, load up on six pocketfuls and go buy cigarettes.
>>
Is it really this common for people to shoplift? Personally I've never done it and I don't know anybody that does but I did grow up in a non american middle class family. I must be spoilt because my mother/father always cooked me dinner so I can't really imagine ever needing to steal to survive.
>>
>>7066695
A lot of grocery stores are real Jewish with their policies, taking something out of the trash is still considered stealing. I worked for a hot foods department in one and by state law they couldn't sell hot foods after a certain amount of time and they would get thrown out. Someone I worked with got fired for eating food past its expiration time that was gonna be thrown out and considered as a loss anyway.
>>
>>7069021
One, this encourages employee theft and intentional damage of products. Two, in many places under health department rules the store is liable for employees who eat any expired or any food that has been disposed of. Three, there has been countless lawsuits from people diving in dumpsters and getting injured or becoming ill from diposed food. Poor people have been ruining things for poor people forever.
>>
When I was 14, I shoplifted some candy bars. I got caugh and got a ride in a cop car.
They wanted to take me to my parents [small fucking town, cops bored].
I was desperate and didnt know what to do, so I forcefully shat myself. The smell was so bad they kicked me out in a middle of a field and drove off.
Best is, I kept the fucking candy.
>>
>>7063231
I grew up in Canada with first generation Italian parents. They worked hard and carved out a good life for themselves like upper middle class, nothing crazy.

I move out to go to university, I realize food staples like prosciutto, salami, good cheese and decent wine are fucking crazy expensive.

I would steal cured meat and cheese like bastard for the next 4 years of my life. 10 years later i still think back to those days and cringe.
>>
When my brother was about 2 or 3, he grabbed a foiled chocolate from the displays under the counter while mom was buying shit. He unwrapped and ate the whole thing during the transaction, mom just noticed brown smeared on his face and foil in his hands on the way to the car.
>>
Worst thing I ever did was put 12-14 mini croissants from the bakery at the grocery store in the paper bakery bag, then use the self checkout and only input a dozen. Don't really know why I did it. Not much harm done though desu
>>
File: 1414103626495.png (201KB, 1790x1654px) Image search: [Google]
1414103626495.png
201KB, 1790x1654px
> get 1 lb steak
> ring up as cabbage
>25ยข for steak
>>
>>7063231

About the only 'bad' thing I do is take advantage of walmart's price match policy. And I do this often when I buy premium ice cream. I just take an out dated online add on my smart phone which they will gladly honor without ever looking into it. I usually end up paying half price, some times even a dollar per pint if I stack coupons as well. Shit's cash.
>>
>>7064020

I'm honestly shocked out of all things people are belittling you for advocating against stealing. Even if this is a troll post. And yea, I'm a moral fag. Something about stealing rubs me the wrong way. Kinda makes you not trust a person if they can't properly function with the rest of people.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.