[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

harrassed at steak and shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Koala.jpg (763KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Koala.jpg
763KB, 1024x768px
so i just started working at steak and shit because i hated my last job. i work 8-10 hours a day. never get my lunch break, and anytime i ask for a 5 minute break to check on the girly and baby i get asked "you want to check on your baby , or have a job?" is this legal?
>>
File: Moobys.jpg (47KB, 500x310px) Image search: [Google]
Moobys.jpg
47KB, 500x310px
>>7058629

Get a job at Mooby's, better management.

More entertaining environment to work in.
>>
What state? Are you a dumbshit and asking for a break in the middle of a prep rush or service slam? Are you asking for five minute breaks 20 times in those 8-10 hour shifts? Welcome to food service, bitch. Most of us don't take breaks and work ten hour shifts six days a week on average. You sound like server material.
>>
>>7058645
just because you've been doing it your whole life doesn't mean you shouldn't get something better
>>
I do great besides the money and i am not a douche.. i ask if i can smoke twice a day or ask for my lunch... reguardless i work a lot of hours and get treated like i am shit for no reason. not slow, just don't speak spanish i guess? indiana btw
>>
>>7058672
been doing it my whole life and have found nothing. stick with something you only kind of like
>>
>>7058645
you also are a 35 y/o chilli style server that believes you should have to wash dishes for 2.40 an hour...... i would never do that. i'm not some retard that can't put sides before main dishes at a red lobster.... gtfo and also let the real servers tell you what to do.
>>
>>7058629
Catering industry is notoriously bad for following standard labour practice.

Back when I worked in proper kitchens that were staffed by chefs who wanted to do that shit for a living, were passionate about food etc, if you had to work 10 hours with no break, you just did it. If you could take a little break for lunch or something you did and that was nice, but if there was work to do, then tough luck.

That was several years ago that I worked in nice restaurants. I changed path since then but worked in chain restaurants and pizza chain restaurants since to pay the bills and get by. The people who work in these places dont really give a shit. Everyone is there because its a job and they need the money. Not because they want to cook and are passionate about good food. In these places, people dont give a shit if there is work to do, if they are entitled to a break, they take it. Someone else can deal with the problem.

If youre trying to make a career from this, follow example 1. You need to get your head down and get on with it, that can be the reality. If youre just there to pay rent and bills, then you should know what breaks youre legally entitled to, and you should be willing to stand up for yourself. If the restaurant isnt prepared to follow the law, be prepared to take some action or quit and find a different job.
>>
>>7058645
I worked as a chef for a several years in a few respectable places. I never understood why so many chefs loved to point out how many hours they worked as if it was some badge of honour or something.

>I work 100 hours a week
>I work 18 hour days
>I havent had a day off for 16 days

I hear this kind of shit all the time, whether it be reading a food article or on a tv show or on 4chan. Yes, people are aware that chefs work a lot of hours, but is it really necessary to constantly point it out? Is it something to be admired that your workplace takes advantage of you and you arent allowed to take a 20 minute lunch break? I think not.
>>
>>7058672
Never said that one shouldn't. I don't have a problem with the hours. The point being it is a fact of life in food service. Can't hack it, http now and find something you are more suited to. Servers work 4 hour shifts on average, can take breaks whenever they want so long as it doesn't piss off their customers or keep them from setting up, and they make a hell of a lot more money on average. On the down side, it takes some social skills that some don't have to make decent tips (being prompt and attentive isn't usually enough), if it is a dead night, you are screwed, and on average there is less opportunity to move up, and a lot of servers find breakfast/lunch shifts and dinner shifts to work as a result, which means similar hours to kitchen workers and a likely commute in between.
>>7058692
>>7058734
Over sensitive servers detected. Wtf happened to /ck/? When did everyone turn into prissy faggots? It's not a matter of chest inflation or anything, it's just the nature of the job. When someone comes into a food and cooking forum complaining that working an 8-10 hour shift without any breaks is harassment, that is fucking ridiculous. Welcome to the real world.
>>
>>7058734
Sounds like my schedule, I work in energy. Good money on overtime
>>
Nature of the beast. I just found out about /ck/ and I was like Archer like. But yeah bro work hard play hard.
>>
>>7058629
>working in fast food
>having children
why is this allowed? your kid is going to be prostituting for meth when they're 15
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.