[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unorthodox Places to grab a bite

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: Home Depot Dogs.jpg (340KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Home Depot Dogs.jpg
340KB, 800x600px
I love the hotdogs some Home Depots sell, and my wife really likes to eat hospital cafeteria food. What are some weird places you guys like to grab a bite to eat?
>>
>>7058185
They just let you into the hospital to buy food?
>>
>>7058191
I work at a hospital.
>>
>>7058185
>I love the hotdogs some Home Depots sell
Then I got great news for you OP! You can buy the exact same hotdogs at the grocery store for a fraction of the price. You're welcome.
>>
>>7058207
But then you have to cook them. OP said grabbing a bite to eat, not acquiring groceries.
>>
>>7058207
when will this "you shouldn't buy it if you can make it at home" meme end? Theres a lot of foods I can cook at home easier/cheaper than if I had paid for it but I'm not interested in cooking every single meal I want to eat because thats a waste of time. Paying for convenience is something not-poor people ACTUALLY do. surprise surprise.
>>
>>7058191
Prob could when I had get blood drawn I ate there nobody checks nothing.OP BY the way I fucked your wife.
>>
>>7058208
>>7058214
>paying more money to reinforce your laziness
I bet you people buy frozen meals too.
>>
The supermarket deli is one of the best places to grab a cheap meal. Kroger Marketplace has probably the best deli I've ever seen.

For starters, they have a Coca Cola Freestyle machine. It's a dollar to fill up a 48 oz. cup with over 100+ flavors. There's the fried food, Boar's head deli, salad bar, and sushi like there's been for awhile now. But now they're doing sandwiches like Publix to the order. And if that wasn't enough, they also make burritos to the order.

>>7058191
Why wouldn't they? They have patients, guests, students, etc. You can definitely just walk on in.
>>
>>7058185
Uh,..Home Depot sells hotdogs now? What area/aisle?
>>
>>7058214
>meme
millennial scum
>>
>>7058242
Chicago slums
>>
>>7058247
Tripfags are shit but you're a turd above the rest
>>
>>7058185
IKEA makes some decent food, also can't leave there without buying a Almondy Daim cake
>>
>>7058239
>i literally have no life and too much time on my hands
>i fear spending money
I bet you people don't have jobs.
>>
File: 51f14193df593.jpg (50KB, 600x363px) Image search: [Google]
51f14193df593.jpg
50KB, 600x363px
>>7058251
I did it with 1 those hot dogs footlong
>>
File: CIsJv6u.jpg (160KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
CIsJv6u.jpg
160KB, 1280x853px
>>7058185
>Unorthodox Places to grab a bite
The Vatican cafeteria?
>>
>>7058242
My local Home Depot has a guy that stands in front of the entrance with a hot dog cart, cooking onions, peppers, and various types of sausage.

I've stopped by and grabbed a bite while making Home Depot runs around lunchtime. It's pretty good.
>>
for great free Indian food, two words : SIKH TEMPLES (gurdwaras)

specifically the Langar Halls
Langar halls are basically big kitchens/cafeterias where Sikh monks/religious volunteers prepare traditional Indian food and provide it for all people for free. You might get a few awkward stares at first for being the only Gaijin there but assuming they aren't assholes, they will get used to you. And they would never kick you out or make you feel unwelcome because the principle of a Langar Hall is to accept all people in togetherness.

these places are awesome, I eat breakfast at one almost every morning. The places are welcoming to people of all cultures and ethnicities as long as you respect Sikh indoor tradition (shoes off, turbans/head coverings on)
>>
>>7058319
i went once and got tea and took a sip from the cup and then grabbed a metal utensil and the dude serving the food looked at me like he wanted to kill me and made quite a mention of it.

thinking im gonna spread germs cuz I got a cup and held it as I took a drink out of it then touched a metal utensil in the big pile of clean metal utensils is retarded. much like Sikh religion . ask them why the men and women have to sit separately, or why the guys carry fuckin ceremonial daggers
>>
>>7059596
I should mention this was at the gurdwara in Surrey BC where they display photos of the air india bombers as their celebrated heroes
>>
A lot of Nordstroms have pretty decent restaurants. Bazille is quite good. My gf works there and gets us a discount.
>>
>>7058214
>Look at me! I'm so successful! Such a high roller on 4 chun!

lulz not buying out something you can make at home has literally always been a may may. It has nothing to do with how well-off you are.

p.s. if you're American, your wealth is an illusion and you are legitimately no more than two paychecks away from homelessness. Keep looking down on those less fortunate though, they are going to be the ones putting soup in your bowl in the shelter when reality hits.
>>
>>7058232
It's a fucking hospital not an exclusive club, kek. You walk in, go to the cafeteria and if you have money, they sell you food.
>>
>>7058247
Go take a nap, baby boomer.
>>
>>7058270
>I'm an arrogant wagekek who literally lives in some corporate office hellscape
>>
>>7058185
On fridays they have a guest speaker in the conference room of my department and then after 5 the common room gets used for a kegger. Free pizza, 2 dollar beers. I basically just dont eat anything else on fridays.
>>
>>7058305
>Home Depot runs

You are the reason all the ma and pa hardware stores are gone. Let me guess, fat bastard, diabetic, military crew cut, massive over-compensating truck, maybe a cowboy hat...Likes to stare down the desperate immigrants just looking for work to feed their families, knowing he could have them deported with one phone call and loving it. You get your rocks off hanging work over their heads, don't you?

You are filth, a blight upon this Earth.
>>
>>7059769
literally what
>>
>>7059752
And then everyone drives home, huh? I hope the kid you run down in a drunken rage survives and you go to prison.
>>
>>7059769
>You are the reason all the ma and pa hardware stores are gone
I'm not 60 and I don't live in a town of 400, so I've never been to a "ma and pa" hardware store.

>Let me guess, fat bastard,
I recently lost a bunch of weight. I'm still chubby, but not fat (or at least not fat by American standards).
>diabetic,
No.
>military crew cut,
No.
>massive over-compensating truck,
I drive a Honda Fit.
>maybe a cowboy hat
It wouldn't fit in my Fit.
>>
>>7059792
>I've known nothing but chains
That is legitimately sad. How have we allowed this to happen to our America?
>>
>>7058185
>work at Lowes
>only food available is vending machine shit

I would kill for a hot dog every once in a while
>>
>>7058185
Sometimes during a flyover we have to stop for a layover and I've had to get food in this cultural desert. I was able to muster through all the grease and salt, but really ahd to fix my pallette once I got back to Los Ángeles.
>>
>>7058269
Their chicken strips are amazing. Load up that honey mustard too, I don't give a fuck. I'll put it on the fries too damnit
>>
>>7059596
>be devout sikh
>try to be accepting and generous to everyone
>be working in the kitchen at my gurudwara
>feels good to provide a free meal to someone who needs it
>obese white man shuffles over to me, scratching his pathetic excuse for a beard that makes him look like his neck like it's an oversized armpit
>he's getting out of breath as he shuffles towards me in his My Little Pony socks
>he's wearing a hideous fedora but at least he's respecting the rules about covering your head
>I've watched him devour three helpings already
>he isn't interacting with anyone else there
>keeps muttering poo in the loo under his breath
>finally he makes it to the counter, fills a styrofoam cup with chai from the dispenser
>makes a disgusted face like he's never tasted a hot beverage that doesn't have a pound of sugar in it
>sputters and spits all over his hand in the process
>goes to pick up a spoon, but sausage fingers can't get a grip
>reaches his whole hand into the pile of spoons my nephew just finished washing by hand
>catches me glaring at him and screeches like a fucking banshee
>tries to storm out, spilling hot tea on some aunties as he slides around in his socks
>one of the male worshipers stands up and walks towards him, politely asking him to leave
>he looks terrified, and backs towards the door
>pulls a picture of the first sikh pilot off the wall and holds it in front of him like a shield.
>people who were trying to ignore him start laughing at him.
>some parents lecture their children not to laugh at someone who is clearly in so much emotional and spiritual pain
>guy finally turns and bolts through the door
>2 hours later some cops show up and ask to investigate the worshiper who asked this poor fellow to leave for assault with a deadly weapon because he was wearing his kirpan
>we explain everything and they have a good laugh
>mfw this guy's ancestor's conquered my entire continent

how does it feel to have fallen so far in so few generations?
>>
>>7059851
Ugh, I hate this. You have to stop in flyoverland and the options are like bland, flavorless keksteak and boiled potatoes or some bullshit.
>>
Ikea.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.