[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Frying your food in LARD is healthier because vegetable oils

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

File: lard-006.jpg (23KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
lard-006.jpg
23KB, 460x276px
Frying your food in LARD is healthier because vegetable oils release toxic chemicals when heated says new research

source:dailymail
>>
Okay.
>>
What is the point of this thread?

Polite sage.
>>
>>7056301
>new research
99.9% of new research is bullshit
These fuckwits told us that Margarine was healthier than butter.
Then trans fats are pure poison and Margarine is pure trans fat.
>>
good enough for me
>>
>>7056301
Most of the lard in stores has transfat in it.
>>
File: 1329769979834.jpg (346KB, 960x638px) Image search: [Google]
1329769979834.jpg
346KB, 960x638px
>Dailymail
>>
>>7056578
then get leaf lard or go to a latino store and buy lard there
>>
"Is junk food to blame for the obesity epidemic? Scientists say NO! High-fat foods and sugary drinks 'don't influence BMI'"

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3306170/Is-junk-food-blame-obesity-epidemic-Scientists-say-NO-High-fat-foods-sugary-drinks-don-t-influence-BMI.html#ixzz3qxV6xqW6

How do they get away with this shit?
>>
>>7056584
>go to a latino store
Because everyone lives in the southwest.
>>
>>7056564
>>99.9% of research is bullshit
you get all your "research" from fox news and other media outlets either. not even time magazine refuses to deliver impartial and unsensationalized news. the reason you believed margarine was healthier than butter, and then thought scientists double backed on it is becuase you are dumb and gullible enough to lap up whatever the media says and are too self satisfied to ever humble yourself with any kind of self assessment of your credulity.
>>
File: IMG_1567.jpg (578KB, 1098x3217px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1567.jpg
578KB, 1098x3217px
>>7056301
Cool story bro.
>>
>>7056604
its not illegal to lie to people in the paper ever. we make fun of apple cabin foods and other fake news outlets but the reality is they are not far from the truth at all. the media craze on global warming alone is disgusting.
>>
>>7056578
That's not lard it's shortening. Lard shouldnt have any trans fats
>>
File: Armour lard.jpg (142KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
Armour lard.jpg
142KB, 500x333px
>>7056626
They add hydrogenated lard to the rest of the lard so it stays solid at room temp.

Hydrogenated lard = transfat
>>
File: latino population usa 2012.png (304KB, 1884x869px) Image search: [Google]
latino population usa 2012.png
304KB, 1884x869px
>>7056608
They're everywhere.
>>
>>7056644
Hmm is it full hydrogenated or partially? Maybe I miss read or did not understand but if its fully hydrogenation it would be free from transfat
>>
>>7056615
The "Margarine being healthier than butter because it is plant-based" thing predates Fox News by a longshot and even CNN.

I will believe these studies when they start posting margins of error. If I took 100 people and fed half of them apples and the other half oranges, maybe 1 in the orange group eventually gets cancer and 2 in the apple group.
There, I proved that apples double your risk of cancer.
Idiots actually believe this.
>>
I'll stick to butter, thanks.
>>
>>7056730
They do. Without standard errors, confidence levels, and detailed statistical analyses, the studies won't pass peer review. Most scientists are very cautious and almost always give caveats in their conclusions. It is the mass media that always sensationalise the findings.
>>
>>7056301
>source:dailymail
Cute. Got a real source?
>>
>>7056578
What's wrong with that, shitlord? You can only enjoy your cis fats? You're triggering my PTSD.
>>
>>7057410
Here is the paper that is being referenced to: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8475896

Note the caveat in the abstract:

"...Although the concentrations of the aldehyde needed to produce these effects are in the range expected to occur in vivo, their pathological significance is far from clear."
>>
>>7056304
Nice le reddit downboat
>>
File: eatlard.jpg (19KB, 220x390px) Image search: [Google]
eatlard.jpg
19KB, 220x390px
>>
you shouldn't eat anything fried in anything, it's very bad for you. in fact cooking things is bad for you, you should eat a raw diet.
>>
>>7057472
Thanks for the laugh, anon.
>>
>>7057472
Yeah, let's all go out and graze!
>>
File: Harry Enfield Lard.gif (27KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Harry Enfield Lard.gif
27KB, 200x200px
>>7056301
They give you lard for free when you open a bank account in northern England.
>>
>>7056578
Render it yourself, you lazy shit.
>>
>>7059880
Sophistication?! I've been to Leeds!
>>
>>7056584
>leaf lard
What

>>7056626
Check your fucking privilege
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.