[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cheese thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: Llama-Grilled-Cheese-GIF.gif (285KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
Llama-Grilled-Cheese-GIF.gif
285KB, 500x334px
So in the last cheese thread the WIDF accused me of being from Dorset although I have never been to the UK other than flying over it to get to Europe. Not knowing much about the UK, the word stuck in my mind, and today I saw a Dorset cheddar in my local cheese shop, aged 16 months, on sale for $8.99 a pound.

It's really nice. It cracks into big pieces as I slice it, so these big chunks fall off the knife, exposing the stinky cheese juice inside the crevices. The telltale crunch of a well aged cheese is reassuring.

This contrasts with the last thing I tried from Wisconsin, a "cheddar", also an impulse buy at $9.99 a pound. It was bright orange, smooth, utterly dry and plasticky, a clean inoffensive industrial odor, and no depth of flavor. It was almost indistinguishable from generic Kraft colby, aside from an almost imperceptible sharpness that I guess, to them, makes it worthy of the name cheddar. Surprisingly I think it was said to be a 12 month cheddar. Wonder what preservatives they use to make it age like that.

I also got a small block of Buontavola Provolone, which, needless to say, doesn't resemble Wisconsin "provolone" in the slightest. I'll probably save it for after dinner to finish off with the dregs of my bottle of spanna.

What is /cheese/ eating today?
>>
>>7055684
I am currently making paneer and I may or may not have fucked it up. Fight me bro.
>>
>>7055738
Did you fuck up?
>>
>>7056386
No actually I just got done cooking with it. Turned out breddy good. I forgot to take a pic though, even if boring looking.
>>
I made 2.5 million lbs of milk into provolone today.
Ask me anything.
>>
>>7055684
Wisconsin shill detected
>>
>>7057002
But I made an unfavorable comparison to Wisconsin "cheese", how is that possible?
>>
>>7057453
he saw the word and stopped reading, his trigger level rising
>>
>>7056671
Do you like star trek?
>>
File: palm.jpg (2KB, 136x91px) Image search: [Google]
palm.jpg
2KB, 136x91px
>>7056671
>2.5 million lbs of milk
>lbs
>>
I've got some nice Oka Classique and St. Paulin. Gonna try mixing them in with cheddar for mac & cheese.
>>
>>7058187

>namefag
>feels the need to make a shitpost in every thread

Go back to your containment board.
>>
>>7058187
What's wrong with that? I have a 4 lb jug of milk in my fridge right now.
>>
>>7058187
I have some news for you, Eddie.
Milk is bought and sold on the commodities market by the pound.
>>
>tfw live in Cheddar
>tfw parts of my family work at the cheeddar cheese company

Makes me cringe to see what Americans call """""cheddar"""""
>>
>>7059091
I am going to make about 250,000 lbs of 'cheddar' tomorrow. In the middle of a Wisconsin cornfield.
We're going to run a special vat of 'Maple Bacon Cheddar'.
My body is ready.
>>
>>7059084
How do they weigh it? It's a liquid, when you put it on the scale wouldn't it spill all over the place?
>>
>>7059561
they freeze it first obviously
>>
>>7059561
They get a container and weigh it, add the milk and subtract the weight of the container.
>>
>>7059561

Go back to your containment board.
>>
File: 20151110_134619.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20151110_134619.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
Avonlea clothbound cheddar from Prince Edward Island.
>>
File: IMG-20151107-WA0005.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20151107-WA0005.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
Allegretto from Quebec.
>>
Favourite hard cheeses?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.