[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Coffee General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: coffee.jpg (5KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
coffee.jpg
5KB, 259x194px
so who here uses a drip machine? I've been drinking drip coffee for a decade and its good enough desu. Didnt even really know about french presses until i came to this forum.
>>
You're not going to find people here who like Keurig or electric auto drip.
>>
>>7049166
I don't even know what drip coffee is
>>
>>7049166

I like regular drip coffee, honestly. I think it represents a good middle ground in terms of extraction.

The coarse ground and quick brewing time of the French press gives you the least chemical extraction from the grounds, so less astringency, bitterness, and oiliness for the same roast compared with other methods. Espresso would be the opposite. Drip gives you a nice, medium drink and allows you to get something out of a wide variety of roasts and varieties of coffee.

Also, it's easy.
>>
File: IMG_20151027_172017.jpg (415KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151027_172017.jpg
415KB, 2592x1944px
What I bought myself for my birthday last month. 3D printed lower bearing mod for the skerton is being printed today!
>>
>>7049551
Nice. I just got a Mini Mill in today.
>>
>>7049551
>ceramic burr hand crank grinder
>pour-over funnel
>scale
>3d printed mod

reddit: the cup of coffee
>>
>>7049751
It's a Clever
>>
What's a not-shit brand of ground coffee that I can buy in the UK?
>>
Fun fact: Hipsters literally converted back to the drip machine because it was ironic.
>>
Are pour overs that much better than auto drip?

I haven't had drip in like 7 years.
>>
I don't mind drip, it really doesn't make bad coffee.

In fact, I'm going to commit a sin and say I generally prefer drip to french press. Maybe the cups I had weren't made correctly, but I don't find the french press coffee as pleasant. Honestly I think if you run decent beans through a drip, it'll be fine. I've had V60s that were indistinguishable from mediocre drip, I can only assume due to bean quality.
>>
>>7049920

Like I said here >>7050117

I don't think a pour over is eye openingly better than drip if you're using the same mediocre beans. Or maybe it's a lack of finesse in pour over technique. I can tell you that a pour over from a skilled barista using quality beans is an eye opening experience - it produces amazing coffee. But again I don't attribute that even primarly to the pour over unit itself. Beans + skill.
>>
>>7049920
Yes. Auto drip doesn't evenly soak the grounds in the basket, and every one I've ever seen doesn't keep the water on the grounds long enough for full extraction.
>>
>>7049783
Douwe egberts.
>>
>>7050117
>but I don't find the french press coffee as pleasant

I only do french press when I buy some new beans and I want to "analyze" the flavor.
>>
>>7050127
I've never used anything other than an autodrip. What is something under $100 and will make a better cup of coffee
>>
>>7049166
I use a drip machine, I think it tastes fine. I prefer french press but I can't be bothered with that shit most days.
>>
>>7050166
french press
make sure not to put the water in while it's still boiling because you'll make the coffee bitter
>>
>>7050171
Can you use ground coffee or do I need a grinder and whole beans?
>>
>>7050191
Some recommend buying pre-ground coarse coffee to get less sludge. But if you don't mind a little bit of sludge, you can grind your own.
>>
>>7050191
You can use ground coffee no problem but I think grinding your own gives the best results. Just look up the best grind for french press and you'll be fine, it shouldn't be too finely ground.
>>
>>7050166
Vacuum siphon, about $40
Also the biggest hassle

I've got an electric drip, a french press, a keurig, and a vacuum siphon.

In my opinion,
Coffee quality:
Vacuum > Drip > French Press > Keurig

Ease of use:
Keurig > Drip > French Press >> Vacuum

I use the siphon when I've got a relaxed saturday morning and can take the time to watch over the whole process. It is absolutely the most rewarding way to brew.
>>
>>7050157
Thanks.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.