[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is it the best brewing method?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 11

File: bodum.jpg (27KB, 598x598px) Image search: [Google]
bodum.jpg
27KB, 598x598px
Why is it the best brewing method?
>>
>>7040232
Yes.
>>
File: chemex-coffee_fe1.jpg (34KB, 639x700px) Image search: [Google]
chemex-coffee_fe1.jpg
34KB, 639x700px
Because art.
>>
>>7040253
What is this meme vessel?
>>
File: clever-coffee-dripper.jpg (32KB, 598x598px) Image search: [Google]
clever-coffee-dripper.jpg
32KB, 598x598px
>>
File: keurig_platinum.jpg (404KB, 1800x2163px) Image search: [Google]
keurig_platinum.jpg
404KB, 1800x2163px
>>7040232
>>
it isnt demands too much coffee and that it be decanted to stop the extraction process

senpai hario v60 is actually best desu
>>
File: iced-coffee2sm.jpg (576KB, 900x1350px) Image search: [Google]
iced-coffee2sm.jpg
576KB, 900x1350px
>>
>>7040361
It's a couple hundred years old, nigger. The shit coffee you drink comes from something closer to a meme vessel.
>>
>>7041206
I want to murder you even though I know this is b8
>>
>>7041256

The only thing missing from that pic is the giant dollop of sweetened condensed milk.

>love my viet coffee maker regardless
>>
File: Moka.jpg (54KB, 910x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Moka.jpg
54KB, 910x1080px
>>
Aeropress anybody?
>>
>>7043230
maymay
>>
>>7043251
Maymay??
>>
>>7043253
Newfag??
>>
>>7043251
>>7043253
>>7043276
It's like I'm really browsing /v/
>>
>>7043283
The aeropress IS a meme
>>
>>7043296
Everything is a meme.
>>
>>7043296
It's a Metal Gear thing they like to do on /v/, bri
>>
File: 1416384172059.jpg (12KB, 292x355px) Image search: [Google]
1416384172059.jpg
12KB, 292x355px
>>7040232
Much better
>>
>>7043230
They're pretty cool but you have to be diligent about cleaning the plastic
>>
>>7043331
I don't know about diligent, you just need to clean it, same as you clean any other coffee making device.

I've had an aeropress that I've been using every for almost 8 years now. I just rinse it with hot water after each use and stick all the parts in the dishwasher once a week or so.
>>
File: 61euzbBadLL._SL1000_.jpg (116KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
61euzbBadLL._SL1000_.jpg
116KB, 1000x1000px
>>7041266
>invented in 1941

I prefer v60
>>
I like dry hopping for nice pungent aromas
>>
>>7040253
>>7043362
What's the different between this faggy shit and a regular coffee brewer? Seems like mechanically it's the same except you're forced to stand there like a dipshit holding a kettle.
>>
>>7043377
You can control every variable
>>
>>7043381
Like how many cocks go into your ass while you're brewing it.
>>
>>7043377
more control, and superior basket shape

also the chemex filters are super thick. some people like that, others not so much

electric auto drips are for human garbage. if you have one in your home you literally do not deserve to be alive
>>
>>7043377
Those are regular brewers, ya dingus.

A drip machine doesn't spread the water evenly and gives you uneven extraction i.e. shitty coffee.
>>
>>7043377
this
>>
>>7043393
Sure, if you happen to like that kind of thing
>>
>>7043377
You have to spend a lot to get a machine that will brew properly. The Hario is cheap, doesn't take up counter space and will last forever. Hario brews fairly quick as well. Idk, if you don't give a shit and want everything automated, just go spend a shit ton on an all in one.
>>
>>7043329
>can't visually check the consistency of the coffee
what's the advantage?
>>
>>7043574
No glass jar for your roommate to break every other month.
>>
>>7040232
I like my french press
>>
>>7043591
Stop living with careless children.
>>
>>7043600
That is a difficult and expensive process.
>>
File: tca-5_3-compressed.jpg (68KB, 368x979px) Image search: [Google]
tca-5_3-compressed.jpg
68KB, 368x979px
When you go chemist level on your beans i may consider you an actual intelligent person.
>>
>>7043650
The ultimate meme machine
>>
>>7043650
>>7043688
Lol yeah I use a v60 and am a little snobby about coffee but that is autistic as hell
>>
Wat method is gud for me?
I've been brewing out of a percolator for the past couple years now. I don't drink twelve cups of coffee a day, and I shouldn't be drinking more than three anyhow.
So I want to use less coffee to brew, so I can save money on coffee, and get a brewing method that isn't a k-cup, and one that I can wash easy.

If a french press does that, great. I'll build one. If a drip does that, also good. I can build that too.
If it's something else, I would really appreciate knowing what that is.
>>
File: gotham_train.jpg (128KB, 1024x724px) Image search: [Google]
gotham_train.jpg
128KB, 1024x724px
>Coffee > Alcohol

Alcohol > hangover >Valium > Coffee

The ride never ends.
>>
>>7043733
I like my aeropress honestly. I use it every morning to make a single 16oz coffee in my insulated mug. It's plenty strong so I just make the one cup per day.
>>
>>7043650
It's just a sinter funnel ye pleb.
>>
>>7043650

Actually, vacuum pots are clearly inferior to both pour over and immersion brewing methods now that we have ready access to precisely temperature controlled electric kettles and thermos like press pots that allow a much finer control over water temperature than is possible with a vacuum brewing method.
>>
On the subject of brewing methods, I have a couple of questions for you caffeine enthusiasts:

First, is there any other pour-over method that should even be considered as an alternative to a large Chemex for brewing 700ml up to 1l of coffee?

Second, I've used press pots (including an Espro press), pour over, moka pot, real plumbed in espresso machine, and a vacuum brewer, what does an Aeropress bring to the table different than the rest?
>>
>>7043973
I've brewed over 700ml in my hario v60, can't help you with the second question though.
>>
>>7043743
An aeropress is pretty cheap looking. But the proprietary filters are not so good.
How is it for saving money? I'm not a coffee snob. Just want to spend little on coffee.
>>
>>7044231
? the filters ir comes with are great you cant really fuck it up its a paper disc - save money by roasting your own coffee senpai its like $6 a lb green
>>
It's not the best. Each method produces a coffee with a different flavor.

If you prefer the flavor of French Press coffee (trust me, I like it a lot too), great.

Some people prefer aeropresses. Some prefer Chemex pour-overs. It doesn't fucking matter. None of these styles are inherently superior, as each produces a different brew.
>>
>>7044231
The filters are cheap (i think I paid like $10 for 700 of them on amazon) and you can always get a reusable metal one if you want. I prefer the paper ones, I tried a metal one for a while and it made the coffee more cloudy. The paper filters do a better job of filtering out the really fine coffee particles.

I don't know about saving money, I've never sat down and figured out how much it costs per cup but a pound of coffee usually lasts me 2 weeks or so.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (50KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
50KB, 1280x720px
>>7043060
Moka is fine, Brikka is better.
>>
Best brewing method depends on you.

For the money I've spent, I like the Aeropress. If I'm trying to analytically taste some new coffee, then I'll use my french press.

Technically though, I believe pressure methods get the most extraction.
>>
>>7040232
When i was 17 i made 2 gallons of mead in my basement in 3 weeks, a little bitter but got me drunk really well
>>
Am I like the only person who got an Aeropress and hated it?
>>
>>7048055
Probably.

What didn't you like about it?
>>
>>7048055
Yes.
Everyone else either didn't get an Aeropress or are paid enough by Aeropress that they can pretend to like it.
>>
>>7040253
I got one of these a year ago and my coffee has never tasted better, even compared with my french press. I don't even use the special filters. I still need to get a slow pour kettle. I've just been using an Anchor measuring cup for my hot water.
>>
>>7043733
French press is shitty to cleanup properly. Go with the Hario or Chemex. Just toss the used filter and rinse with water. Coffee will taste better using a pour over method anyway.
>>
>>7048055
I used my bro's. Thought it was shit.

French press works for me.
>>
>>7048228
Rinsing out grounds and unscrewing one nut to clean three parts is a pain?
>>
>>7048246
I don't even unscrew mine.

I just spray it off and put it in the dish rack.
>>
>>7048262
You really should be doing that. Unscrew to clean it.
>>
>>7048264
I used to.

Too lazy, no point.
>>
>>7045501
Never saw one of these before. Just read the crema is better is that true?
>>
>>7048264
You don't need to take it apart for daily cleaning.

Unscrew it a little and run the hot water from the tap, rinse out the trapped grinds between the mesh and the other bits, spin the handle clockwise to re-tighten and simultaneously air-dry.

Every so often I'll give it a soak in some vinegar but that suffices.
>>
Coffee lover for the past decade of my life here; I've been using various auto-drip mr. coffee type machines all this time and for some fucking reason it never actually struck me that there must be better ways to make coffee.

As someone completely new to alternate ways of brewing coffee, what would you recommend? I usually drink 1-2 cups a day; I'm no stranger to rinsing/cleaning equipment since I also make loose-leaf tea fairly often but I'm also a lazy fucker and the less effort I have to exert in the morning after just waking up, the better.
>>
>>7050804
French Press and Phin are similar to a teapot in that you pour hot water in and then leave them alone for a few minutes.
Scraping the grounds out of them twice a day and disassembling the Press' plunger to clean the filter might not jive with your lazy inertia though.

Pour-over types are as simple as can be and cleanup is just hucking the whole filter into the compost, but you'll have to hover over them with the kettle for a minute or two pouring water a particular way.

A balance siphon is a neat pre-industrial coffee machine that heats its own water and turns off when it's done, but the little alcohol burners on them can take like a half hour to make a pot if you don't pre-boil and also they're expensive and huge. I mention it only because it's cool.
>>
>>7041206
There is nothing wrong with a Keurig. It does what it is advertised for.
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.