[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Michigan Conventions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: bulbcycle-image-michigan.png (96KB, 1149x1179px) Image search: [Google]
bulbcycle-image-michigan.png
96KB, 1149x1179px
ITT: Michigan Conventions
>>
Next big one's Youmacon, so I don't imagine there will be much discussion besides Youma. What's everyone looking forward to there?
>>
I understand why there's nothing in northern Michigan, particularly the UP, but I really wish there was something worthwhile up there.
>>
>youmacon
>going anywhere near detroit
>ever

Just host it in Bloomfield Hills or something.
>>
>>9617691
>being scared of Detroit

Wew.
>>
>>9617711
At Tekko there where a few Fallout cosplayers from Detroit where promoting a con, and everyone out in town just was assuming they where from Detroit based on how they where dressed.
>>
>>9617691
Don't be a pussy, the part of Detroit Youma's in isn't that scary or bad.
>>
Is there usually any lolita programming other than a basic Lolita 101 panel at Youma?
>>
Im almost inclined to start a jersey/philly nyc jersey tri state thread but the con season is pretty much over out here
>>
>>9617806
The MI comm usually runs a meetup at the Volt bar Friday night and a photoshoot on Saturday, but from what I've heard the convention makes it really difficult to actually get any new major event programming off the ground.
>>
>>9617813
Honestly, do it. Even if there's not many cons going on now, it's still good for local community chatter and possibly more localized friend-finding with more socialization than the friend finder thread.

Alternatively, you could make it mid-atlantic (though that would exclude NY), northeast, or southern northeast to expand the included areas+cons a bit.
>>
>>9617691
>host it in Bloomfield Hills
Bitch, where? Youma's already had to spill over both Cobo and the Ren Cen, what venue are you imagining is available in the suburbs with comparable space?
That's ignoring the part where it's in the part of Detroit where cops are strategically located roughly every block or so, given the juxtaposition of traffic, the tunnel, and Greektown. Plus, if you're that worried, just take the People Mover which has on-duty police during high traffic events like Youma. Otherwise act like you're in any other public place, keep your wits about you, and you'll be fine.
t.Bloomfield Hills native who works downtown
>>
Did anyone go to Dokidokon in July? I'm curious to hear thoughts on it.
>>
fb .com/cureacon/

Do they really think starting a convention is going to be able to raise any sort of money for cancer? Most conventions are just able to cover the costs of hosting them and paying staff/guests, but not with much left over. Newer conventions have an even harder time. And there have been so many new wannabe conventions in Michigan recently that they're all suffering for it, since the audience is being spread so thin. Instead of starting yet another convention under the guise of raising money, why wouldn't you just travel to existing cons and hold charity events there? There's no way this is going to raise anything significant, right?
>>
Would it be better to stay with a family member in the area (and miss later events/parties) or try to find someone with extra space/bed in their room? Is it really weird to offer pay to room with someone as a rando?
>>
>>9617676
I don't know, that's kind of the point. If there was, there'd be crap tons of people and it wouldn't be as it is now. I like it as it is, I'm just sad I can't live there.
>>
>>9620304
>run by ACS
Shouldn't really be a surprise that they're trying to run their own event rather than hosting smaller events at larger cons.
https://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.summary&orgid=6495
>>
>>9617644

Rhythm Games. Yes, Round1 will be open by then, but other aspects are still worth it.
>>
>>9617691
we cant have anything cause its too many people like >>9617691 in the state. if you don't like Detroit stay your lame crying ass home instead of bitching.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.