[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Craft room/space thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 11

A thread to share craft/cosplay space tips, inspiration, etc.

Post your crafting space or one you find inspiring, share some things that made your crafting easier, etc.

Some questions:
>Do you have a designated area for your crafting/cosplaying, or do you borrow the dinner table/floor/kitchen counter?
>Do you have a studio or makerspace? Would you want one?
>How do you store your materials? What about finished items or tools? Is everything in one place or parsed out? What about big/fragile items like heavily styled wigs?
>Do you keep any of your materials/finished items on display?
>What are your crafting space goals? What do you need to work on?
>Favourite item/life hack to keep your crafting stuff organized?
>>
I use a large desk in my room for sewing & cutting out patters. Been meaning to buy one of those cheap tables to put outside for sanding
>>
I want to move out into a 2 bedroom place just so I can have an office like this.
>>
>>
File: $_86.jpg (81KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
$_86.jpg
81KB, 768x1024px
>>9615264
>>Do you have a designated area for your crafting/cosplaying, or do you borrow the dinner table/floor/kitchen counter?
I have neither a dining room table nor a kitchen counter so I settle for my tiny floor
>>Do you have a studio or makerspace?
No
>>Would you want one?
Hell yes
>>How do you store your materials? What about finished items or tools? Is everything in one place or parsed out? What about big/fragile items like heavily styled wigs?
I have stackable storage countainers I use for fabric and tools. Taking advantage of vertical spaces
>>Do you keep any of your materials/finished items on display?
No.
>>What are your crafting space goals? What do you need to work on?
Getting my own place would be a start
>>Favourite item/life hack to keep your crafting stuff organized?
The stacking storage containers
>>
File: 1345617661830.jpg (45KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1345617661830.jpg
45KB, 400x300px
>>
File: 1481071217008.jpg (138KB, 553x386px) Image search: [Google]
1481071217008.jpg
138KB, 553x386px
>>
File: 1353332758423.jpg (62KB, 460x360px) Image search: [Google]
1353332758423.jpg
62KB, 460x360px
>>
File: 1352541254957.jpg (246KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1352541254957.jpg
246KB, 640x480px
>>
File: 1345618704891.jpg (28KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
1345618704891.jpg
28KB, 400x266px
>>
File: 1345618305923.jpg (102KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
1345618305923.jpg
102KB, 500x334px
>>
File: goodfeels.jpg (4KB, 236x172px) Image search: [Google]
goodfeels.jpg
4KB, 236x172px
>>9615264
CBC's god tier crafting room.
>Why live if I can't get a place like this?
>>
>>Do you have a designated area for your crafting/cosplaying, or do you borrow the dinner table/floor/kitchen counter?
I try and keep it on a desk I've designated as workspace, but it creeps onto my floor and dinner table.
>>Do you have a studio or makerspace? Would you want one?
No, and not really. Maybe a makerspace for the sheer option of stuff like big tools and 3D printers, but I don't like the idea of having to go somewhere to work on cosplay. I prefer to work a little at a time when I can.
>>How do you store your materials? What about finished items or tools? Is everything in one place or parsed out? What about big/fragile items like heavily styled wigs?
I've a closet with cosplay pieces, and then I've a bunch of boxes for materials and tools. I try to organize it somewhat (one box for paints, one for glue and sandpaper, one for items ready to be butchered, etc.) but eh. I also have two boxes under my bed with fabric and I keep some of my propmaterials at my dad's place.
>>Do you keep any of your materials/finished items on display?
place. I currently have a wig on display out of neccessity, but seeing as they get dusty and sunbleached...
>>What are your crafting space goals? What do you need to work on?
One day I want a craft room... but for now I just need to organize my desk and decide what to keep out and what to stow away.
>>Favourite item/life hack to keep your crafting stuff organized?
I bought one of those clotheshanger shoe storages from IKEA to keep my wigs in and it's great. Would recommend. Perfect sized compartments for two small wigs or one big one.
>>
>>9616243
I dream of a beautiful workspace with natural lighting like this...then I remember that most of my projects are completely after work, in the dark of the night.
>>
>>9615264
>Do you have a designated area for your crafting/cosplaying, or do you borrow the dinner table/floor/kitchen counter?
I use the pingpong table in the basement, which isn't really used for pingpong anymore. I also have powertools and some metalworking stuff down here too, along with camping equipment and brewing supplies. You can sort of see in the picture attached that even though it's technically a "finished" basement for the most part there's usually enough beer brewing and sewing stuff laying out that it's never really presentable as a living space.

>How do you store your materials? What about finished items or tools? Is everything in one place or parsed out? What about big/fragile items like heavily styled wigs?
My fabric I keep either in bins, on one corner of the table i have, or on an unused bench. I used cigar boxes and a small plastic shelf for smaller tools and notions, and my sewing machine gets enough use that I never really have needed to put it away. All my thread I keep on one of those thread racks near my sewing machine, and large/bulky things like foam I keep tucked inbetween any gaps like between my work table and the wall.
Not usually.
Don't really have one, I'm horribly unorganized.
>>
I'm going to have a new home and there is a room I want to turn into a craft one, but my husband want to put his computer/electronic junk inside instead. It's going to be a fierce battle.
>>
All my tables are full of shit but whenever I make something I make crafting space. For bigger projects I use the floor.
>Do you have a studio or makerspace? Would you want one?
Not now, but in the future. When I graduate I need to rent a studio since I will need some big machinery (since I can use them in school right now)
Mostly in boxes around the house. When I get some crafting idea I move the necessary materials to the tables even though I might not use them right away (the main reason my tables are full of shit).
The ones I like most are on display, as well as some prototypes I like. Some of my materials are visible since I don't have enough space to store them.
I don't have anything currently. When I get the studio I need to think everything through, what to move there and what to keep home.
Nothing really. I put everything on their correct places after use. I'm really bad at finding anything so keeping stuff organized is important to me.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.