[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/cgl/ related shows

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

File: DEOBwRmUMAA9W1R.jpg (149KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DEOBwRmUMAA9W1R.jpg
149KB, 1200x1200px
Anyone have any neat /cgl/ related shows, preferably in Japanese since I'm trying to up my language game by watching non-animu stuff without subs? The Doll Life was okay but obviously scripted as fuck and felt like it was made by interns. Something like that would be very easy for Japanese learning though.
>>
>>9600671
Turning Girls.
>>
>>9600800
>Turning Girls.
Oh thanks, I remember this was on my to watch list from a while ago because I thought the characters were cute and I forgot about it.
>>
I'm so confused. You want Japanese shows related to /cgl/ that... aren't anime? You do realize the c in /cgl/ is cosplay. Which is pretty much all anime, besides the superheroes and whatever. There's been threads for lolita in shows/movies already, so I really don't get what you're looking for here.
>>
File: 1483507940101.gif (839KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
1483507940101.gif
839KB, 500x300px
>>9600800
>>
>>9600869
Yeah cosplay is indeed based off of anime, but I think they meant that they were looking for things more related to board culture than actual anime and stuff. Heroes of cosplay is an example.
>>9600671
Even though Heroes of cosplay was a shit show that was basically rejected by most of the community, I was entertained by the drama. Even though it's probably an unpopular opinion, I wish something similar could be made from the idea of HOC. Everyone just wants so much of the hug box side of it that they're afraid to stray away from that so the shows come off as boring (cosplay melee) IMO.
But then again I'm kind of a fan of the reality show type of shows so maybe it's just me.
If you could make a show about cosplay, lolita or Jfash, how would you do it?
>>
>>9600949
To add to this I think a RuPaul's drag race format would kind of be a good medium between heroes of cosplay and cosplay melee.
>contestants are selected by panel of judges
>throw in one or two fan voted contestants
>weekly themed contests with challenges. Kind of like mini masquerade skits along with crafting.
Ex. Idol anime theme week where they separate contestants into teams and they have to make outfits and choreography for a song. Blizzard week where they recreate Blizzard characters.
Cash and prizes could be sponsored by gaming and other companies who can help decide those themes.
>contestants are eliminated based off of craftsmanship, accuracy, creativity.
Idk what the cosplay version of lip sync for your life would be though.
>sage for kind of OT rambling
>>
>>9600957
Sounds pretty cringy...
>>
>>9600800
This is like Pixyteri animated it's art
>>
File: TurningGirlsParty_20150709002103.jpg (134KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
TurningGirlsParty_20150709002103.jpg
134KB, 1280x720px
>>9600800
YUP THIS 110%
>>
>>9600869
It can be anime related but that doesn't mean it has to be anime.

For instance, there are documentaries about otaku lifestyles, or shows about cosplayers themselves, etc. It's better to get real life conversations than for study. I already have a huge selection of anime to easily pick from. >>9600949 this anon understands what I'm getting at.
>>
File: urahara.png (346KB, 639x339px) Image search: [Google]
urahara.png
346KB, 639x339px
I'm excited for Urahara, it's set to air on Crunchyroll fall/2017 and looks dope as fuck
>>
>>9600949
>>9601774
They stated they were mainly looking for shows in Japanese though. Most of the shows recommended so far have just been weeb shows and whatever in English.
>>
File: IMG_6633.gif (420KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6633.gif
420KB, 320x180px
Deka wanko? Its pretty goofy
>>
>>9601801
I loooove the manga, I should check out the show
>>
>>9600949
Cosplay is based off star trek.
People turned on cosplay melee cause most of them were the children of visual artist. Some of them werent really cosplayers.
>>
File: 2.jpg (89KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
89KB, 1024x576px
Princess Princess D is the live action version of an anime about boys who have to wear cute lolita outfits and be the cheerleaders for their all boys school. You can play spot the brand at the same time!
>>
>>9601509
sounds like a textbook craft based reality show
>>
>>9600800
Turning girls is hilarious. The fujoshi girl is best girl.
>>
>>9601801
Anyone got a lead on a torrent for Deka Wanko? All I can find are soft subs.
>>
>>9601781
Will there be actual lolitas in it or just cute jfash?
>>
>>9612044
Hard to tell until it airs. I'll review it ASAP.
>>
Kawaii International on NHK World.
>>
I wish we had more lolita related shows but we are such a niche culture
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.