[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Australian Cosplay Thread - August Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 497
Thread images: 56

File: auscos.png (5KB, 232x217px) Image search: [Google]
auscos.png
5KB, 232x217px
AKA the "don't derail the thread" edition
>Upcoming cons: SMASH, BrisOz, SydOz
>What are you working on?
>Cosplays you are looking forward to seeing?
>Entering any comps?
>>
>>9592536
I was entering the SMASH comp but i'm gonna bail cause i'm not happy with where i'm at right now for my cos.

Otherwise i'm probably entering the karaoke comp!
>>
>>9592536
Feelsbad, but I'm buying a bunch of cosplays in order to coast to the end of the year while I finish studying full time. I was kinda hoping I would be able to make something to compete with this year, but my ass is too kicked with other stuff lmao.

I'm looking forward to seeing cosplays from SMASH. It should be good. A lot of people I like are going.
>>
>>9592536
I am trying to finish off my costume for Championships. I don't really mind if I don't win, I just want the costume to be finished already.
>>
>>9592615
Same here, anon. Don't have time nor the resources to make cosplays right now. Only have two big projects going on, and I'm not even sure if I'm gonna go ahead with the second one due to uni shit.

Will be attending SMASH and OZCC, really looking forward to those! I have friends who are doing some really great cosplays at both cons.
>>
>>9592618

Good luck! What are you working on?
>>
>>9593048
Secret but I will entering in Sydney!
>>
>>9593220
Sounds intriguing. Can't wait to see it!
>>
I think cosplay girls doing lewd patreon photos are a great service especially if I don't have to pay for them
>>
>>9592544
Have faith in yourself, anon! I'm sure your cosplay will look fabulous.

What will you be cosplaying? I'll always support my fellow gulls at comps.
>>
Still hard at work on my BrisOZCC Championships cosplay. Will be a surprise and possibly be revealed if it pans out well and doesn't turn to shit. Currently in bed not wanting to get up cos it's too cold in my workshop :(
>>
>>9593285
Get out of bed Anon! You can do it. I have no idea who is entering Brisbane and I want a gull to win please.
>>
>>9593285
I believe in you anon! Have you thought about picking up one of those little radiators? They're a bit of a power sucker, but it might make it easier if you just have it on while you work!
>>
>>9593285
>>9592618
Good luck! Make sure you don't burn yourself out, and just keep picking away at it bit by bit. And most of all, make sure you're still having fun
>>
Perth has evolve con on the 26th and all my friends are going crazy because Major Sam is a guest but I don't see the appeal? I'm so sick of hearing about her
>>
>>9593294
>>9593296
>>9593323
Thanks guys!! Did get a good chunk out and made the Bases of my upper arm armour and did some more priming so I am getting there!
>>
Not cosplay related but does anyone know if there are going to be any j-fashion (lolita) events at SMASH? Or are there at least j-fash vendors? I had a look at the schedule and was pretty disappointed there wouldn't even be a fashion show or lolita panel, but just wondering if anyone here has any extra information.
>>
>>9593401
Great costumer, but not friendly to punters/randoms looking to tap advice. It's one of those, skilled artist, poor ambassador situations
>>
>>9593435
I'm not sure if anime cons are a good venue for lolita shows? They tend to have booths, but I know a lot of lolita elitists (lolitists?) tend to look down on people wearing lolita to anime cons. I think it's the implication that it's a costume rather than a lifestyle.

It kinda sucks bc there isn't really anywhere else for jfash enthusiasts to gather on a larger scale, aside from disastrous ~harajuku fashion walks~ that Melbourne has.
>>
>>9593446
As far as I know quite a few sydney lolitas go to SMASH and even supanova (based off watching some youtube videos) and in previous years they even had a lolita fashion show and panel.

I've been into lolita for a while so I know about the "weeaboo conlitas" which plague our community, however SMASH seemed to have quite a few j-fashion events in previous years. I've never been though, and I'm also too shy to join the sydney lolita comm which is why i'm asking here.
>>
>>9593445
Thats exactly why she was invited so this will be interesting
>>
This thread has been surprisingly wholesome so far, bless you gulls.
Pretty excited for Kamui coming to Supanova, is there anyone you would like to see as international guests here?
>>
>>9593484
Would love to see J. Hart Designs! Love his work
Still want to meet Lightning cosplay too since she couldnt make it to Melbourne ozcc
>>
>>9593484
I know there's another Australian anon who loves December Wynne.

Fight me but I want mostflogged too.
>>
>>9593499
Oh my god, I LOVE mostflogged. I don't think she'd be able take time away from ATS to come to an international con though.
>>
>>9593491
J. Hart is one of my idols. He's so fabulous. I'd love to see Atelier Heidi too.
>>
>>9593504
YES I would love to meet Heidi! Love her leatherwork.
It would be a 2 for 1 deal if a convention got her over, since they'd also be able to get youtuber ProJared (her spouse)
>>
>>9592536
I've FINALLY made a decision on what to make and compete with for Animaga, I'm pretty fast with sewing so pulling the whole thing together with such little time isn't going to fuss me too much.

The only thing is waiting on my fabrics to arrive. I taobaoed them for the first time instead of trying to find SOMETHING decent at Spotlight/Lincraft, it's so much cheaper, everything is the Exact fabric I wanted to use, and everything I bought bar one fabric and my legwear is at my service (after placing the order only two days ago!)

There's one little part of me thats wishing for Animaga to bring back one of their 2015 guests, I'm cosplaying a character she designed and was going to make the costume back then but didn't go through with it due to not having enough skill with sewing to make it

>characters voice actress has only done 3 characters so will never be a guest here
>characters artist will probably never come back
>tfw all I want is to be praised by somebody who brought the characters I cos to life
>>
>>9593277
I'm just not happy rushing everything. If they allow me, i'll use my secondary costume instead and just compete in that! I'm pretty confident with that one though it's much simpler.
>>
>>9593504
YES TO ATELIER HEIDI! Her costume work is unbelievable, plus yeah as mentioned ProJared would probably come too
>>
Photographers to stay away from during cons
>>
>>9593581
This thread was so nice and wholesome, until you showed up with this drama loaded question.
>>
>>9593499
>>9593503
She's amazing!! I've heard she's a massive bitch though which is disappointing :(
>>
>>9593581
are you new here? kek
>>
>>9593581
volk or souter
>>
Are there actually any decent photographers in Brisbane, who would you recommend?

Actually out of the whole of Aus, who are your favourites?
>>
>>9594233
Volk as in the guy who pays for each of his posts to gain likes?
>>
Who else cosplaying persona 5 for SMASH?
>>
>>9593618
Tbh I ain't fussed about someone being bitchy. I'd probably be too if I had to deal with any of the nonsense that comes with running a business.
>>
>>9594317
Volk is probably one of the worst photographers ive seen. And he has such a big head about him too. Work is shit, and his attitude is even worse.
>>
>>9594343
Guess he's that desperate if he's buying likes
>>
>>9594292
Lorenzo So
>>
>>9594332
I'm not but i'm sure you'll see a lot, it's really popular right now.
>>
>>9594371
was* good
no one knows where he is
all they know is that he might be arrested
>>
>>9594317
i dont blame him
and your only paying for your post to appear on peoples newsfeed not likes
fb now makes your posts impossible to get the old reach
>>
>>9594376
Arrested for what?
>>9594377
I suppose. Facebook should've left it as it is but the dollar signs was too tempting for them. Such a rort
>>
>>9594292
James Niland! Unfortunately he's taking a break right now from cosplay photography. He's really sweet and great at getting photos back to you.
>>
A lot of photographers here tend to do portraiture more than anything. Are there any aus photographers who do stuff a little more adventurous? I've been getting inspired by japanese cosplayers whose photos look like movie stills, like they're part of a scene from a story, rather than all the standard glamour posing we tend to have here.
>>
>>9593581
Carlos Mayenco
>>
>>9594560
not many aus photographers know how to use photoshop manipulation like that. then again most dont even know how to edit a fucking photo.
>>
>>9594371
I do hope you're kidding, that guy is an A-Grade douche.
>>
>>9594371
He's good, he just likes his cosplayers young
>>
>>9594632
Aghhh that makes me so sad. I'd love to experiment with photographers who are keen to try new things, but it really seems like they just stick to their own style.
>>
>>9594560
Thats why beethy originally became popular. Hes talented but its a shame he doesnt do that now and only does lingerie or sexy shots with the same generic lewdplayers.
>>
>>9595071
Where are you located anon? I'm pretty much a super noob at photography but the style your describing is very much something I'd like to do. Issue is most of the time you'd need a proper studio set up really to get something clean enough to photomanip well.
>>
>>9595194
I'm based in melbourne!

Even without heavy photomanips, just photos that look like they could be part of a story, if that makes sense? I think Moko's had a lot of photos that are kinda what I'm leaning towards.

Ahaha I should really be posting examples instead of trying to explain badly, sorry yall
>>
>>9595221
What so good bout her? Sure he can pose but that's bout it. See that bottom lip of hers?
>>
>>9594560
Pireze and mtknot! Highly recommend and they are super chill guys, as long as you have something that sounds rad I'm sure they would collab with you
>>
>>9595230
She*
>>
File: IMG_1496.jpg (316KB, 2048x1367px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1496.jpg
316KB, 2048x1367px
>>9595230
I think anon means something like pic related. As apposed to 400 glamour shots
>>
>>9595230
I am clearly referring to the style of the photos ya noddy, not posing. Who cares about her bottom lip. That's pathetically pedantic.
>>
>>9592536
wait australia is a real place?
>>
>>9595295
no anon we just do it to keep up illusions
>>
>>9595315
i fucking knew it
>>
>>9595292
You will when you start noticing it. Oh and her flat board chest. But I suppose it works if she does male cosplays
>>
>>9595232
Thanks for the recc! I totally missed seeing this. Their stuff looks rad!
>>
>>9595093
Beethy is a talentless little prick. His photos are average to say the least and his only saving grace is Nigri
>>
I would've loved to make a titanfall pilot cosplay, but budget doesn't allow it this time.
>>
>>9595461
then why arent any other photographers doing action shots or the things he can do with his photos if its so simple? they are insecure and insult guys like him because they wish they could come close to his skill. australian photographer are shit and think a raw looking boring posed photo are professional.
>>
>>9595501
I wouldn't expect any less from the aus photogs anon, half of them expect you to pay money for their trash photos.
>>
>>9595501
If Beethy didn't have the amount of followers he has, people wouldn't bitch about him all the time.
Same reason why cosplayers won't shut up about Nigri.
>>
>>9595493
Just looked it up, the design looks great! Even if you don't have it out this year, I'm sure people would love to see it in a competition.
>>
I'm pretty new to this, are there any stores based in Australia for shit, or do I just need to accept month long, $50 dollar shipping?
>>
>>9596327
what the hell do you mean by shit? That could be anything. What are you after anon?
>>
>>9596336
Wigs currently.
>>
>>9596339
What I wanna know is where you're buying wigs from that ot costs $50 to ship and takes a month? Arda? GLW?
>>
>>9596343
And even then if the shipping from them is $50 it better take a day to arrive...Anon take a look at arda, glw, wig is fashion. Great quality and fast shipping
>>
>>9596327
If I need wigs in a rush I go onto ebay type in "____ cosplay wig" and filter it to Australia only, there's usually quite a few, quality can come and go though and it's usually just generic wigs nothing character specific shows up very much
>>
>>9596339
>>9596373
Seconding wigisfashion if you're after long natural wigs. They have really good quality lacefronts as well. Arda's good as well if you need wacky colours, but I think WIF tends to do natural colours a lot better.
>>
Gosh, every post volk makes is sponsored to shit. He that desperate for the like counts?
>>
>>9597255
I don't see why it matters that much, if he wants to spend his money on fb advertising then just let him? Page reach is horrendous nowadays I don't blame him.
>>
>>9597272
Reach is fine if your stuff is good
>>
>>9597320
That's... really not the case at all. I don't know how FBs page algorithms work but an artist friend of mine has posted stuff that's never shown up on my timeline, I've only ever found out she posted something new when she complains about the post reach on twitter.

Facebook doesnt evaluate every single picture posted and think "hm, yeah, I don't really like this one, we're not going to show it." Of course they're going to prioritise people who give them money to have their stuff advertised, over those who don't. And like I said, it's his own money, so why do you care so much?
>>
>>9597320
reach is only fine if your page was already popular or if you started your page back when the reach was untouched. if your page is crap but popular, you will get more shares and likes because more people would already see it and they received them before the reach update. if someone is starting out after the update but their posts are good, its difficult to get shared or seen and get likes without paying unless you get shared by a popular page. its smart on fb behalf because they earn money but i feel bad for those cosplayers or photographers who deserve more. i know cosplayers who used to get 1k page likes within a month and now they are lucky to get 30.
>>
goddamn this thread tanked
>>
>>9598993
Well aren't you slow. Aus threads are always turning into shit. Cry more
>>
>>9599351
yeah I'm real cut up about this thread dying. Absolutely ruined my day. I'm gonna go kill myself immediately.
>>
>>9599557
Do it. 1 less person to give a shit about. Males no difference
>>
>>9599630
You're so serious my guy. Life is more fun if you aren't so riled up.
>>
>>9599669
Not riled up at all. Just don't care if people such as yourself decide to seek attention by saying they will kill themself. So yeah I get kicks when people say they will neck themselves.
>>
>>9598993
Drama less threads always do
>>
>>9599738
it was a joke.
>>
>>9599738
I was joking you thick fucking tool
>>
>>9599844
And I don't care so go neck yourself
>>
>>9599844
"Omg omg it's a joke". Bloody convenient ain't it :)
>>
>>9599848
ya someone is definitely being serious when they say they're going to kill themselves because of a thread dying
>>
Not to change the subject from whatever this is, but for a solid three months I thought beke and blondie were the same person
>>
>>9599848
I hope you're joking because I will shit on the floor if you think they're serious about killing themselves over the aus thread.
>>
>>9599874
Honestly I still think they're the same person
>>
>>9599890
They're so different
Nice try
>>
File: tempImageForSave.jpg (82KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
tempImageForSave.jpg
82KB, 640x640px
>>9599874
Yeah here's the difference
>>
>>9599910
Nice try at what? They're both boring white girls who cosplay shit I have no interest in, so my cognitive always just lumps them into being the same person.
>>
>>9599915
I refuse to believe they're different people until I see them in a room together
>>
>>9599922
We've got a conspiracy on our hands
>>
File: IMG_5158.jpg (246KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5158.jpg
246KB, 750x1334px
>>9599922
You can stop fussing now. Drama time over, here's them pictured together.

Stop finding things to start drama over.
>>
>>9599889
What do you think? I always leave it ambiguous. But c'mon be bloody realistic.
>>
>>9599931
Anon do you seriously have no sense of humor or are you genuinely just stupid...
>>
Hey guys. I just bought some red rock deli chips and I'm excited to eat them. What's the Aus coscomm's favourite flavour of chips

Mine is a tie between sea salt, and honey soy chicken
>>
>>9599931
You idiot. You fucking ingrate. This proves that they're the same person. They have clearly been copied and pasted. They could not look more identical.
>>
>>9599981
I'm so glad you're not blinded to the truth, Anon... Together we will bring down this monster that is fooling the ENTIRE cosplay community!

>>9599979
I'm a salty bitch so sea salt fuels me further
>>
>>9600025
Relax buddy, the only drama here in the past 24 hours has been the anon(s) who haven't been able to detect obvious jokes and keep saying we're somehow trying to cause drama

I get that these threads are usually overflowing with annoying vendetta but it's dead right now, you don't need to come in to shitpost (yet)
>>
>>9599979
smith's crinklecut master race.
>>
Bringing my Enigma cos for Smash this Saturday and then again for PAX this October.
Managed to finish the Enigma earlier than expected so looks like I'll have the chance to work on a new costume before PAX and wear it on the second day.

Any other DotA cosplayers going Smash this weekend?
>>
File: tumblr_n17m4dNO731s4qvrdo1_500.gif (894KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n17m4dNO731s4qvrdo1_500.gif
894KB, 500x281px
>>9600028
Honestly I love it when you do shitpost in high drama traffic, it gets all the drama mongers so confused and it's Hilarious watching them try to fight back against you

Godspeed, Troll-chan
>>
>>9600025
go ahead, i could use some twelvie entertainment
>>
>>9600025
Yeah, I'd like to go back to the wholesome and constructive comments please
>>
Someone post a pic of an aus cosplayer and ill do a cum tribute of them
>>
>>9600067
>>
>>9600067
>>
>>9600083
what a great cosplay of the pale man from pan's labyrinth
>>
>>9600067
>>
File: cosplaydramabelike.jpg (364KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
cosplaydramabelike.jpg
364KB, 960x540px
>>9600067
>>
>>9600144
Ahhhh. It's not an Australia thread without this renaissance classic.
>>
>>9600025
No one cares! Do it!
>>
>>9599979
>>9599984
Sea salt?? It's so... Boring
Though to be fair I like original Doritos so I can't say shit

My favourite is probably light and tangy, I can vacuum up bags of those fuckers
>>
>>9600368
Salt can get kinda boring after a while. I do like salt and vinegar as well!
>>
Inkkfan what's your favourite flavour of chips?
>>
>>9600630
Inkkfan should have an AMA
>>
>>9599979
Honey Soy Chicken flavour is life!
>>
>>9599979
Tyrells chips are clearly the best
>>
>>9600144
I ship it.
>>
>>9600083
He looks like what id imagine Papyrus from Undertale to be if he had skin.
>>
File: Franklin_turtle.jpg (69KB, 342x262px) Image search: [Google]
Franklin_turtle.jpg
69KB, 342x262px
>>9600083
>>9600986
Nah more like this
>>
>>9601009
Hahaha holy shit
>>
>>9601009
Oh fuck that looks exactly like Tim Souter.
>>
>>9599979
Honey Soy Chicken or Lime and Black Pepper
Red Rock Deli delivers the goods
>>
Is there a reason why inkk and kimmy have been posting ass shots? Like are they doing some workout challenge for booty goals or something idk i dont get it unless its simply for fan service i mean thats fine and all but whats goin on is there a reason senpai i gotta know why so suddenly its like this
>>
File: IMG_1515.jpg (87KB, 500x619px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1515.jpg
87KB, 500x619px
Just finished my cos for smash.... how'd I do ???
>>
>>9601039
Not sexy enough. Give it a titty window
>>
>>9601038
because tits and ass = internet fame.
>>
>>9601038
I don't know why they're doing it, but it's starting to get really cringey and annoying with how many they've posted in the past couple of days. They can do what they want, I can appreciate a girls cute booty, but when it's all I see whenever I open FB/instagram it just makes me want to unfriend them so I don't have to deal with seeing their butts 5000 times a day.
>>
>>9601038
>>9601044 is absolutely right. one posted their cammy bodysuit got 1k likes and 5 comments on that dumb anonymous website and now they're trying to milk it for what little it's worth.

unfortunately they don't have tits or an ass. they're slender though and that's the winner winner chicken dinner.
>>
>>9600144
Cant tell if its a photoshop. these two are at it with eachother just to keep people talking about them.
>>
>>9601051
I havent seen something so cringe in the aus cosplay community in a while. Just waiting for a patreon to fund the taobao purchases
>>
>>9601093
Look you little cunt fuck, you think you're tough? Wait till you meet me in real life. I'm tall and powerful.
I bet you're small and weak. You sound it. Get out of here you pussy shit.
>>
>>9601105
they even posted some new photos after the posts about them! how thoughtful
>>
>>9601106
I literally want to die.
>>
>>9601105
Internet tough guy over here
>>
File: images.jpg (8KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8KB, 275x183px
>>9600630
that would be borsch ... nothing beats a good borsch on a winters night
>>
Inkks butt is perfectly perky
>>
>>9601105
Ooo tough guy alert.
>>
increase in body confidence should be a celebration, for anyone, and everyone ... so i declare today as National Butt Appreciation Day ... lets celebrate!!!!
>>
File: 1493009854719.png (3MB, 1500x1060px) Image search: [Google]
1493009854719.png
3MB, 1500x1060px
>tfw excited as hell to see all the YOI/Persona 5 cosplay at SMASH
>>
>>9601766
sorry to disappoint but no one cares about yuri on ice anymore. From what I know nearly everyone is cosplaying fate.

anyway heard the weather is bad and a lot of flights got cancelled.
>>
Any good cosplayers at SMASH this weekend to look out for?
>>
>>9601796
Was one of those unfortunate people, rip. Great timing, hey?
>>
>>9601796
>no one cares about yuri on ice anymore
Sure Jane, not like it's breaking anime blu-ray records or anything
>>
>>9601882
nayrt, but DVD sales doesn't really correlate with cosplay trends. I'm definitely noticing yoi is on the way out at my local cons, but it'll be interesting to see if it has much of a presence at smash.
>>
>>9601366
Hi Inkk, you narcissistic shit
>>
>>9602016
Not Inkk ...
So much resentment there anon ...
>>
>>9601366
Damn right id tap that
>>
>>9602092
You're right. Hi Kimmy!
>>
>>9602100
i know right?!?!?!
even all her other parts are perfect!!!
>>
>>9602125
not Kimmy either anon ...

is it too hard to fathom that someone who is not her friend or is in no way related to her actually sincerely wholeheartedly likes her????
>>
>>9602131
Very.
>>
>>9602131
***is in any way
>>
>>9602133
well then, there's a first time for everything anon ... welcome to a world where there is actual love around ...
>>
>>9602139
Hi Tim
>>
Angry anon and inkkfan should date
>>
>>9602196
I ship it.
>>
>>9602196
>>9602221
B-but it'd forbidden love! Inkkfan is dedicated to inkk... theres no way the people will accept this romance
>>
>>9602395
Yes. For you see, an inkkfan who is not dedicated, isn't worth his salt ...
>>
I can't believe how filthy Ink and Kimmy are tho... did you see the state of their rooms in the background of the photos? How do you live like that?
>>
File: IMG_5191.png (2MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5191.png
2MB, 750x1334px
Her tit isn't even filling the bra

Bitch needs to stop pretending she's got boobs sheeesh
>>
>>9602827
Bekky being at smash today. Yeah hairy arms.
>>
Any gulls gone to smash? How's it going?
>>
>>9603073
Knitemaya looks very different in person...
>>
>>9603073
Was pretty good, enjoyed it.
>>
>>9603084
And god yeah was totally different, photoshop is a magical thing
>>
>>9603084
Does his chin actually look like a dorito in real life
>>
>>9603073
Went today. Was pretty good overall. The VA guests were cute, the costumes were top tier, and the weather wasn't total dogshit.

Overall enjoyed myself.

[spoiler]Saw a few decent upskirts too.[/spoiler]
>>
>>9603116
Is it me or did Tim Souter look even worse? Does he have some kind of terminal illness?
>>
>>9603118
Lol there's no cure for ugly, so I guess it's terminal
>>
>>9603101
Nothing of the sort, she actually looks like a real human being
>>
>>9603101
and her voice is so girly, it's not a guy lmao
>>
>>9603118
Yeah he looks pale as shit amongst other things
>>
>friend ditched me and now I'm gonna have to go to my first con by myself
And I didn't get my cosplay done in time anyway.
>>
>>9603118
How in any way is talking about a photographers appearance cosplay related? Fucking drop it. Sure, his photos may not be the best but this is just nasty.
>>
>>9603132
Your fucked then. My condolences.
You can try masked cos play.
>>
>>9603294
He's a nasty man
>>
>>9603116
It was windy as fuck outside. It was a struggle for everyone to keep their skirts from flopping all over the place.

But if anyone saw my upskirt, it's because I fell down the fucking stairs.
>>
>>9603892
When he had a gf he would always ask cosplayers for threesomes until someone called him out on it.
>>
Are the winners for WCS prelims announced yet?
>>
>>9603118
he had a kidney transplant i heard, and was on dialysis for aaages.
>>
>>9604020
Heard only 3 entered... all these people who complain that other state entering, this is why they do coz the numbers of those who entered really really suck
>>
>>9603854
Oh I didn't see any girl fall over and flash me [spoiler]unfortunately[/spoiler]
>>
>>9603854
wouldn't that be the best Photo op ever
>>
>>9604067
Why would people complain about other states entering? It's for the representative of Australia, it's not like it's MNC.

Anyways. I'm super upset about this year's teams. Yvette and Eliza clearly had the best craftsmanship, but their skit was unfortunately a bore. Rufflebutt was the only entertaining skit, but I don't think they're the best in terms of representing Australia..
The LoZ skit was awkward to watch if you hadn't played the games, otherwise.
>>
File: 1489433601010.jpg (45KB, 462x343px) Image search: [Google]
1489433601010.jpg
45KB, 462x343px
>tfw ended up getting wheeled out of the con

If anyone saw the Satsuki in a wheelchair, I swear to God it wasn't something stupid, I have a bad heart.
>>
>>9604103
If you've nor paid attention to the previous Aus cosplay threads, there's been bitching about other states taking part in cosplay comps ( e.g. melbourne people entering wa cosplay comps for instance)
>>
>>9604103
Er... you clearly didn't go up close to see costumes if you think that Yvette's costume was better than the winning team. They had a ton more bling, yeah, but their velvet was puckering, their bodices weren't boned, etc. I got to see the winners up close, and yeah, they're not stick figures, but everything was lined, boned, sewed neat as a pin. Don't confuse stage bling for real craftsmanship. And also WCS isn't just about costumes, it's also about skits, and nobody wants to see another boring monologue game skit.
>>
Could Beke possibly show more ass? Ridiculous in the weather today.
>>
Any good Persona 5 cosplay pics from Smash?
>>
>>9604118
She doesn't have one
>>
>>9604112
post pics m8
>>
How do I pick up a qt3.14 cosplayer?
>>
>>9604149
Got money to spend on them?
>>
>>9604105
I saw a lot of fat people in wheelchairs though.
>>
>>9604154
No, it was just at the very end of the con. Ticker gave out in the middle of the crafts area.
>>
>>9604153
So they like rich dudes?
>>
>>9602157
This is just cringey now, please stop anon. If you were a little more serious I'd be OK with it but you're trying way too hard.
>>
>>9604141
I somehow don't think that Australian representatives should have Spotlight peel and stick scrapbooking rhinestones on their costumes, but that's just me.
>>
See you ladies and gents again next year!
>>
Are Hana and Baozi M/M or M/F or F/F? I couldn't tell even up close.
>>
>>9604186
Are you talking about the winners or Yvette?
>>
>>9604186
Dunno man I highly doubt that. post pics
>>
>>9604194
M/M
>>
>>9604188
You need to get out of the basement coz you got issues. Ever thought about getting help?
>>
>>9604188
Lol what a white knight
>>
>>9604188
Nah you're acting like you're on rags. Quite different
>>
>>9604607
>>9604595
>>9604591

You just be new cos they have been doing this for months.
>>
>>9604188
As a very toxic mofo in HoN,LoL and Dota2 "I born in the low priorities"

Advice: creation of toxicity will create more toxicity

We need more PMS "Positive mental attitude"
>>
Smash was really fun. Everyone i met was nice. Did miss the comp though.

>favourite cosplay you saw?
>>
>>9604188
And you know these people don't give a shit what you have to say right? So why even bother. What do you get out of this
>>
Hey guys it's the last week of nando's $11 meal deal, yall should get in quick before it's gone
>>
>>9604188
Oh Tim Souter, you make me L-O-L
>>
>>9605042
It does sound like him
>>
>>9604879
the jojos were really good
>>
>>9604879
That one All Might that had crazy shading on his face and shirt.
>>
>>9605155
>>
>>9604879
>Smash was really fun
Agreed. They're improving every year. Shame about their fuckup with the WCS though.
>favourite cosplay you saw?
Pic related.
>>
>>9605192
What happened with the WCS fuckup?
>>
>>9605193
Sorry, I meant the Madman cosplay comp fuckup.
>>
File: DCIM_1629.jpg (350KB, 1352x902px) Image search: [Google]
DCIM_1629.jpg
350KB, 1352x902px
SMASH was great

+1 Bishbrigade
>>
>>9604204
NAYRT but here's the winners - Team Rufflebutt as Ciel and Madam Red
>>
>>9605222
and 2nd Place winners as Da Vinci and Saber
>>
how did win>>9605222 over >>9605223
!?
>>
>>9605227
If you seen the Fate skit you would want to kill yourself.
>>
>>9605158
hehe saw that trending on the tweets

very cool shot indeed.
>>
>>9605158
That is all sorts of awesome!!!!
>>
>>9605241
idk about you guys, but anon's got a very limited set of vocabulary here. Poor thing doesn't know how to express themselves without using the same 5 words that have lost so much meaning because of the repetition hahahahaha what are you, 12? Do you feel edgy swearing? Hahahaha
>>
>>9605256
xbxbxbxbxbx

Are the inhabitants of the board so stupid as to actually bothher reading this bait?

Anyway,
That was my first time at a con. Thoroughly enjoyed it and I don't think I could've imagined something as fun as that.
I never thought that girls could be more cute until I saw many in cosplay...
Also, do you think that KFC or McDonalds drive through will take orders from an AE86 cosplay? Asking for a friend.
>>
>>9605256
>>
>>9605222
>>9605223

These make me sad.
>>
>>9605222
Clearly Giorgia ate the real winners!
>>
>>9605241
Does your ass get jealous of the shit that comes out of your mouth?
>>
>>9605241
Not defending anyone. Just stating it's a waste of time mouthing out with zero gain. Like c'mon what's your endgame.or did your mum stopped you sucking on her teets?
>>
I'm jealous of the people who went to smash!! Looked like a lot of fun.

For everyone who went, how are you holding up?? Anyone get photos of cosplayers they liked? I'm keen to see what people brought to smash!!
>>
>>9605294
KEK
>>
>>9605301
>>9605301
I think their gain is to watch everyone get needlessly heated over everything they say. As someone who's also posted nonsensical junk to derail from arguing, it's actually entertaining. Troll-chan only ever replies to drama, and probably isn't interested in the actual details of it.

Sorry to be That Person who explains the joke, but it's just unbelievable that people out here STILL take troll-chan seriously.
>>
>>9605217
sad that you guys have to do this at every con
>>
>>9605319
why would that be sad?
>>
>>9605227
Yvettes costume looks sad, have you actually seen the character before? I think I could buy a better costume off ebay, she definitely paid too much attention to her props and relied on them
>>
>>9605223
Oof Saber REALLY should've put a hoop into her skirt. I get that its supposed to not have anything underneath it but all the art I see of this outfit has the skirt flared out in an A-line shape? Doesnt even have to be a full hoop just build a channel for one in to the hem of the red skirt and tack the white skirt to it in places so it flares out as well. Also her waist cincher is WAY too low and is making her look like she has an unhumanly long torso.

I don't even into fate and I can pick up on these things
>>
>>9605368
Yvette has entered Nero twice into a competition now, and she was given feedback already to give the bodice some boning for structure and get a hoop to give it the shape, both of which she didn't do. If you look at the hem of her skirt, the velvet is droopy and bunched up. Basically she just made new props and added a bunch of bling and left it at that.
>>
>>9605371
If she just listened it'd take her costume from looking like babbys first sewing project to actually being pretty damn good
>>
>>9605294
That's such a mature comeback, wow, good job Anon.
>>
>>9605223
That's not saber sweet fuck
>>
>>9602827
beke and kayla both have no tits but put socks and fillets in their bras
they will end up getting a boob job along with half the girls in the cosplay community due to how insecure they are inside about themselfs
they are both ugly and know it
sit back and watch because it will happen and when it does i will be laugh
>>
>>9605393
She's a saber class and called saber, she's saber Nero the other is saber Artoria, jesus know the series before getting shitty
>>
>>9605368
Theres many things you could do without compromising the see through section and she should know this after everything shes done
>>
>>9605436
Are you fucking retarded saber is a class she's called saber because she was the original saber summon. It's 'saber face' but that's Nero so maybe brush up on your facts before picking a fight you know nothing about especially since my initial point was I hope that bitch wasn't stupid enough to call herself that on stage with the amount of fate she cosplays.
>>
>>9605600
>implying coslpayers know shit about the characters they dress up as
>>
>>9605604
>should've known better
>>
This is so bizarre lol. Everyone loved ettelle. Then she makes one subpar costume, and suddenly you're all in here calling her a bitch and deciding she actually knows nothing about fate.
>>
>>9605600
>She's a saber class and called saber
>saber is a class she's called saber

Repeat what I said while calling me a retard, I'm just going by all the games and VA's I've played but hey what would I know, calm down
>>
>>9605647
"one subpar" you dont have to hate someone to be able to call out a shit costume, no ones been calling her a bitch?
>>
>>9605411
At least Kayla has ass
Beke literally has nothing. Flat ass, flat chest, hairy arms and a mountain mole on her leg with a little turned up snob nose. Not to mention her lack of top lip.
People wouldn't hate her so much if she wasn't such a pretentious little cunt
>>
I want to impregnate Kiti.
>>
>>9605709
>no ones been calling her a bitch?

>>9605600
>I hope that bitch wasn't stupid enough to call herself that on stage
>>
File: IMG_5249.jpg (84KB, 666x1183px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5249.jpg
84KB, 666x1183px
Oink oink
>>
>>9605786
You tire me. Get back on your medication.
>>
File: IMG_0321.jpg (54KB, 322x456px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0321.jpg
54KB, 322x456px
>>9605706
You said her name is saber, which it isn't I said she's called saber. Next you'll be telling me this is saber too. Pro tip its arturia but not saber.
>>
>>9605217
DCIM_1629.jpg

wow uploaded straight from the camera
>>
Kayla, Beke, Whatever, they all stuff their bras to have massive tits or they get a boob job.

It's what sluts do.

What makes me sad is when the cute and sweet cosplayers start doing it.

Every single time its like whoah mad we lose another to the cess pool of sluts
>>
>>9605833
I downloaded it off google actually, weird ass file name tho.
>>
>>9605808
nyart but ohhh my gooddddd who fucking cares
>>
>>9605786
Yeah ok I'm a blah blah blah blah blah faggot.
>>
>>9605393
Sorry but that's saber as well. Time to work on your fate knowledge. I know little bout fate but that's kinda easy to figure out.
>>
File: images.jpg (22KB, 383x384px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
22KB, 383x384px
>>9605786
>>
>>9605786
It's weird seeing a white knight be such a homophobe. Considering Tim's stated end game, it seems counter intuitive unless he's actually just retarded
>>
>>9605786
Actually, my friends know I can stand up for myself. Same with my family. So please keep on losing your shit over words "troll-chan"

There will always be drama but the best way for it to go away is ignoring it. Pretty simple stuff. But of course, you're gonna respond with some choice words.
>>
>>9605834
oh shut up
>>
>>9605709
Why the need to call out someone for a crap cosplay? That's pretty rude and judgemental.

Oh wait I forgot cosplayers are bitches
>>
>>9605786
***hugs and kisses*** there you go, a little love your way mate

inkk is so pretty, her smile enlightens the world on its darkest days ...
>>
>>9606107
**brightens

but "enlightens" will do just as fine kek
>>
>>9605786
I'm 99% sure I know who you are
This is a fun game
>>
>>9606111
Spill
>>
>just finished SMASH! and loved it
>want to come online to talk about awesome costumes and conventions with my fellow Ausbros
>thread is full of fighting about the absolute stupidest shit
>bitching about cosplayers and photographers
Is this what /cg/ is always like or is it just the Australian thread?
>>
>>9606123
Always like this with the Aus thread.

Any good photographers posting their smash photos yet? I might dump some of them here to get a decent conversation rolling.
>>
>>9606123
SMASH was so awesome this year, I had such a great time! I'm so damn tired though, haha.

Artist Alley was exceptional as always. WCS was kind of dissapointing this year though.
>>
>>9606126
Yeah every year I go to smash, wcs has been meh. But everything else was great!
>>
SMASH was fantastic, the artist alley was amazing. Also just realised that it's a non-for profit convention, which is pretty cool!
>>
It was my first SMASH ever and boy oh boy was I impressed. The artist alley blows all other cons' artist alleys out of the water (stares at Madfest) and the quality of cosplay is always top-notch. Also glad to see that at least 95% of cosplays were anime-related.

Anyone catch that huge Fate cosplay group that happened on Saturday? I couldn't check it out myself as I was watching a panel but I heard about it afterwards, was super disappointed I couldn't see it myself.
>>
>>9606146
>>9606143
>>9606129
>>9606126
Newfag to /cgl/. Anyone care to fill me in on this meme?
>>
HNNNGGGGGGG
>>
>>9606123
>Ausbros
Silly Anon! There's no "bros" here. Only women come to this board
>>
>>9606150
who?
>>
>>9606154
She cosplayed as Saber Alter at SMASH this weekend.
>>
>>9606156
when you couldn't afford a whole cosplay so you do a nude set in a fucking wig
>>
>>9606153
Oh.

Any of them keen for a hookup?
>>
>>9606157
>buttmad "true cosplayer who works hard" mad about the hard reality that the world doesn't give a shit about a woman's "talents" and only cares about her tits
>>
>>9606148
Are you talking about SMASH? It's Sydney Manga and Anime Show, aka one of Australia's biggest anime cons. It's pretty up there in terms of quality.
>>
>>9606153
>Assuming gender kek
>inb4 Non-Binary
>I have a phallus and pair of sperm sacks

Ooohh boy here we go
>>
File: 20170822_204311.jpg (372KB, 1052x1218px) Image search: [Google]
20170822_204311.jpg
372KB, 1052x1218px
Yes judgearino. What the fuck.
>>
>>9606188
Well, who is it?! I need to know for research purposes.
>>
>>9606188
who is that
>>
>>9606154

Slowpoke Cosplay
>>
>>9606188
Portfolio update? What?
Facebook says Sydney yet she's talking about Melbourne? Honestly what the fuck is going on here?
>>
>>9606238
It's probably that fat photographer Maddic
Not surprised nobody wants to see her naked
>>
Why does this board hate SMASH so much? Sure it's no PAX but it's still better than Supanova.
>>
>>9606251
SMASH is a fantastic con. Best in Aus next to PAX I think, and absolutely best in Sydney. The Aus cosplay community is just unfortunately dominated by wannabe coswhores talking smack nonstop.
>>
>>9606188
This person should ask wahid
>>
>>9606188
This person needs Tim Souter
>>
File: saltysalty.png (192KB, 643x369px) Image search: [Google]
saltysalty.png
192KB, 643x369px
this guy was soo salty about not winning he's posted it everywhere
>>
>>9606150
uncensored only $10 on her patreon !! What a Bargain !
>>
>>9605778
I don't see what's wrong with this
She looked pretty cute in the photos I've seen

>in b4 i'm called whoever this person is
>>
>>9606150
What is happening with her left stocking/foot I am so confused
>>
>>9606320
Any time someone calls her ugly on /cgl/ it's usually Blondiee.
>>
>>9606157
>tfw you couldn't look at her twitter page and see shes making the cosplay herself with progress photos.
>>
>>9606346
So why even do a nude shoot? Who looks at twitter?
>>
>>9606346
I've never been more suspicious of a self post
>>
>>9606349
Fuck if I know, I just follow her shit for kicks.
>>
>>9605808
I didnt say her name was Saber, I said she is a saber class and called Saber, as in she is referred to as Saber, I even followed up and said she was called Nero and the other Artoria, learn to fucking read and get off your high horse
And yeah that's Artoria as a Lancer class, you're not the only fate fan, jesus
>>
>>9606090
Because if we don't critique and judge people won't improve, considering this is cgl people have been pretty chill about her cosplay and said constructive things
If you think its rude you should probably leave the site
>>
>>9606246
Haha oink.oink
>>
>>9593499
>>9593503
Uggghhhh... what do you even see in her?
>>
>>9606177
>not knowing "cgl is a girl board" jokes
>being this new
>>
>>9606251
SMASH! is great, and it gets better every year. Always a high quantity of cosplayers and photographers, artist alley was huuuuge and varied this year, and plenty of activities. It's getting bigger and better every year. Will be interesting to see how it goes at ICC next year.
>>
>>9606617
She's an incredibly skilled and versatile cosplayer?

Nobody's demanding you like her as a person, but her sewing skills are top notch, you can't deny that.
>>
>>9606303
Does she get her cunt out for $10 or is it just removing those black bars?
>>
>>9606938
anon she wrote implied on the post on her page so i assume she shows nothing like that

however correct me if im wrong
>>
>>9607196

Nah, nothing looks visible. Looks more like a body empowerment shoot than anything else based off what she wrote.
>>
File: 20170823_145826.png (974KB, 1440x1530px) Image search: [Google]
20170823_145826.png
974KB, 1440x1530px
Melb cos com is still cancer. Tina belcher is literally 13 her buttloose outfit isnt meant to be sexy
>>
>>9607245
fucking disgusting
>>
>>9606333
not blondie, funnily enough its not only her that hates her!

actually, nearly every one of my friends thinks shes a rotten little cow and blondie isnt even in my friend group
>>
>>9606333
lololol beke wants to be blondiee sooooo bad its super obvious
shes obsessed with her
>>
>>9607289
I heard beke saves photos of her on her phone and she has this huge pile of her selfies and stuff. stalker much
>>
>>9607289
why are they both even bought up? neither of them care about each other, move on?
>>
File: IMG_5262.jpg (100KB, 455x717px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5262.jpg
100KB, 455x717px
>>9606333
LOL is be jealous too if I looked like this fat ugly skank
>>
>>9607298
If that is fat, that would then make me morbidly obese ...

Inkk is so awesome that her farts give life ...
>>
>>9607286
>>9607289
>>9607292
>>9607298
obvious fucking samefag

how in the world is she fat anyway? hate her for her personality or whatever, but stop tryna reach for the dumbest insults that don't even apply.

anyone got more photos of smash? hearing all the good words about it makes me wish i went
>>
>>9607334
Don't see why anyone would hate her for her personality. At least she's nice and has some spark about her
>>
melb here, what cons are coming up that i should go to?

which one has the least amount of fat girls
>>
>>9606296
I saw this and it was the only cosplay performance that made me genuinely uncomfortable. Their plot made no sense, I still didn't understand what they were performing even after it finished. The dude was overacting and the girl was really stiff. They did have an emotional moment afterwards where they said they handmade the costumes and that the guy was in the zeroth percentile for blindness and this was his dream. I was touched, really, I felt good for them.

That was then ruined when the guy abruptly brags about how the gun was made by an expert and was 'almost functional'. Specifically, he pointed to someone in the audience and said he made everything to spec (including materials), except for the barrel and firing pin; Barrel was foam-core for length and the firing pin was removed. Still, what the fuck. Did anyone else talk to security about this guy? Almost felt like I should have told security, did anyone else get weirded out by this? Is this legal?
>>
>>9607372
hey anon it's the other SAO act (Asuna and Kirito) where the Kirito cosplayer is blind.

The salty SAO act was the genderbend Sinon and Kirito pair.
>>
>>9607382
Oh shit my bad, sorry about that. I was rooting for those two, don't know how the two different groups got mixed in my mind.
>>
>>9607365
Don't know why you'd think a popular con has any more or less fat girls than usual

Animaga's coming up next month. PAX is the big gaming con afterwards, and then the week after that is madman anime festival.
>>
>>9607401
I thought PAX was just for playing games rather than dressing up?
>>
>>9607365
Next con is Animaga, otherwise PAX or Madman at the end of the year
>>
>>9607409
A lot of people bring good cosplays to PAX, which is bizarre considering the event doesn't cater to cosplayers at all. It's probably because of the huge crowds it draws; more chance to get noticed.
>>
>>9607432
so its just typical cosplayers being attention whores
>>
>>9607409
For a lot of people I know PAX is really the only con they go to now so people still wanna cosplay.
>>
>>9607439
w-whats wrong with the other cons?
>>
>>9607432
>the event doesn't cater to cosplayers at all. It's probably because of the huge crowds it draws; more chance to get noticed
Well that, and the fact that PAX is literally THE ONLY AUSTRALIAN CONVENTION TO HAVE A FREE CLOAK ROOM
>>
>>9607434
And? Who cares lol. Of course cosplayers seek attention. It's literally the entire basis of this hellish hobby.
>>
>>9607445
if you want to attention seek go back to /fit/.

dont poison cosplay
>>
>>9606730
So you literally only hate SMASH because of the artist alley? That's like hating an entire restaurant because their toilets are horrible.
>>
>>9607448
Everyone on this thread is praising SMASH anon, I don't know what you're reading.
>>
>>9607446
Cosplay is literally about vanity you fucking brick. look me in the eye and tell me you don't have a slither of hope you could someday get efame/money off this stupid hobby.
>>
>>9607474
if thats the way you think then you shouldnt be cosplaying ever again
its about the love of characters you dumbfuck
well it used to be before all these fakers decide to come in
gtfo
>>
>>9607474
You realize that there are people who cosplay for fun and don't want any of that? Don't assume everyone is like your egotistical self.
>>
>>9607532
Yeah. It's because I love a character so goddam much that I want to be better than everyone else. Is it really that bad I want recognition for my hard work?
>>
>>9607446
Not going to lie. Cosplay is about attention whoring as much as possible.
>>
>>9607448
Troll or legit?
>>
>>9607372
Can't find the YouTube video of it. Someone link it please
>>
>>9607536
Ehhh who cares. Do it and have fun. If making money then yay nice bonus. But why worry about what others do. You do you, simple as that.

People need to get out more if they're bitching about others.
>>
>>9607813
I'm serious.
>>
>>9607532
Cosplay means a lot of different things to different people. But if attention is something that influences the decisions people make - such as going to PAX, which is the fucking nonissue that started this topic - who are you to judge? Everyone has their own thing that motivates them.
>>
>>9607440
With my friends it's they 're old and don't have time for too many cons and most of them have moved on from actively being in to anime or comics. They're all still in to gaming either tabletop or video games so PAX makes more sense for them.
>>
PAX has always had a huge number of cosplayers, even ran (runs?) an Iron Cosplay event. People tend to pull out their game-related cosplays there as opposed to anime/manga ones for SMASH/AvCon/Animaga/Madfest, or TV/movie/comic ones for OzComicCon/Supanova. You've worked hard on your costume, think you look good, want to dress up and have fun with friends, meet new people... Of course you'd want some attention and nice photos out of it. I'd wager very few people put in the effort to cosplay without at least posting something about it, so attention-seeking always plays a part, but it's not necessarily the only reason why people do it.
>>
>>9607913
Well that anon enjoyed smash but you assumed that anon didn't like the con because of the artist alley. I recommend you to read before you comment. Just a thought
>>
>>9607446
A con with little cosplayers or none at all= people will complain there's not enough/no cosplayers. Blames the cons
A con with cosplayers = people will complain there's too much cosplayers amongst other bullshit comments. Blames the cosplayers.

Can't really win them all
>>
Any gulls going to Evolve this weekend?
>>
I've been trying to complete my cast of an Institute helmet in readiness for PAX Melb. but this damn weather has other ideas. Need to get my act together and finish programming the tesla rifle to go with it.
>>
>>9607397
no problem, just thought I'd clear that up. I guess SAO isn't nearly as popular these days so a fair mistake to make?
>>
To all female cosplayers here: What's your reaction to thirsty guys who perv on your skimpily-clad outfits and try to look under your cosplay skirts?
>>
>>9608376
This comment is clearly written by some guy who wants to wank off to responses.
>>
>>9608379
Hey, I'll admit it.
>>
File: IMG_1624.jpg (21KB, 470x313px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1624.jpg
21KB, 470x313px
>>9608376
>>
>>9608376
we are asking for it
we wouldnt dress that way if we weren't
go for it
>>
>>9608502
So if a guy tried to peek under your cosplay skirt you'd just stand there and let him?
>>
Too many people complain about how much they spend on cosplay but if they lost weight they wouldn't have to spend as much on fabric and materials.
>>
Were there any Nier cosplay at Smash? I kept an eye out but I don't think I saw any.
>>
>>9609134
There was!! I wasn't there but I've seen a few 9s, an A2 and a handful of 2Bs from photos
>>
>>9609185
I'm expecting. A lot of nier cosplayers for pax
>>
>>9608807
Anon is obviously bait and/or a dude
>>
Any cosplays you guys are looking forward to for PAX?
>>
>>9609351
Hoping for more DotA cosplays. Last year's group was pretty damn cool, even though I will admit the Wisp and Puck were fucking awful on their own.
>>
>>9609351
Endless parade of Star Guardian LoL champions
>>
>>9609221
Was thinking of going as 2B myself but unsure at this point...
>>
>tfw want to cosplay but dont have gaming related costume for PAX
>>
>>9609359
do you have the body for it?
>>
>>9609368
Is it for your first time cosplaying?
>>
>>9609373
y-yes
>>
>>9609376
1. Look at some characters in vidya you like.
2. Google any cosplays of those characters.
3. If there is a suit you can buy online, order it now.
4. If there isn't a cosplay ready to buy, try to picture how you would make that costume using materials put together and try to estimate if you can do it within 2 months until PAX.
>>
>>9609379
what if it looks bad. judging from this thread people are pretty toxic. Next thing i know gonna be a photo of me on /cgl/
>>
>>9609387
If it's bad people won't take a photo of you.

Besides, take it from someone who HAS worn a "bad" cosplay: even if it's bad, as long as it's a cosplay that's rarely seen, people will love it.

After all, which would you rather take a photo with... Spider-Man #58372? Or Ralph dressed up as Idaho from the Simpsons?
>>
>>9609392
Hell, there was a person who cosplayed as cartman at smash. I was like what actual fuck
>>9609359
Well what's wrong with it? Up to you I suppose as no one is sticking ato gun on your forehead and telling your to go cosplay it
>>
Sounds like everyone needs to get this drama out of their systems.

Next thread should be: Australian Cosplay Thread. Drama Edition.
>>
Major Sam is actually the worst cosplay judge/ambassador I've ever had the experience of being around. She doesn't seem to care about anyone else at all.
>>
>>9610177
I'm sure she's nice but she has a terrible case of resting bitch face.
>>
What's everyone's cos for PAX?
>>
>>9610177

I thought her Evolve panel was really good, apart from the crappy sound on the stream. Why do you think she's a bad ambassador?
>>
>>9609369
As stupid as it sounds, aside from money, I'm more worried about my jawline/mouth. Since the eyes are covered, there'll be more focus on those parts of my face which i'm a bit conscious about.
>>9609483
Will be considering it! It depends a bit on money I guess

What's everyone's plans for Animaga?
>>
>>9610366
post jawline?
>>
>>9605197
I don't know if this is the fuck up you're talking about, but I thought it was weird the idol boy dance group won. I thought the rules were only handmade costumes could win best in show, or am I mistaken?
>>
>>9610738
Yes that is one of the fuckups I'm referring to.
>>
>>9609354
3/8 people in that picture moved overseas, unfortunately. Glad you liked the group :>
>>
>>9610852
Which ones?
>>
>>9610858
The Juggernaut, Radiant Creep and Windrunner.
>>
>>9610859
Do you know the group personally?
>>
>>9610863
I'm the Juggernaut and the other two are my old flatmates
>>
>>9610871
That's awesome. Shame there aren't more DotA cosplayers around. Everything seems to be dominated by LoL or Overwatch instead.
>>
>>9610825
did the judges just bend the rules for them or something, what the heck.
>>
>>9610893
Not sure since SMASH! has yet to publicly disclose what happened. My guess though is simply that they thought it was only a minor competition and didn't bother enforcing the rules that strongly.
>>
>>9610871
Nudes of the Windrunner?
>>
>>9610911
None will ever exist. They're not that kind of person. You should probably orbit someone else if that's what you're after.
>>
>>9610898
Miyukays is friends with a few of the girls but I don't know is that played into it at all.
>>
Any photos from the harajuku fashion walk? Was it as tragic as every other year?
>>
>>9610738
>>9610825
When the host asked them who made the costumes and they replied with "the Internet" I got serious second hand embarrassment
>>
Apparently there was a Dark Souls cosplay at SMASH!, did anyone see them or get pics? I'm curious.
>>
>>9611094
yes
>>
>>9611094
So many Melb cosplayers bringing out the ONE lolita dress they own with no petticoat trying to fit in with actual lolitas..... so bad...
>>
>>9611270
Post pics
>>
File: IMG_1606.png (803KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1606.png
803KB, 1136x640px
Am I going crazy or is this patch-it?
>>
>>9611804
It's not
>>
>>9611270
this seems pretty nitpicky. To get angry at someone for having one dress, maybe they are just starting out?
>>
>>9610198
She didn't watch the cosplay comp yet was a judge
>>
>>9608502
I M H O

I don't wear shirt skirts in cosplay to be upskirted.

If I wanted people to see that I'd just wear a bikini
>>
>>9611946

Whaa..?! How does that even work?
>>
>>9611270
Name & shame you coward
>>
>>9611963
It's called pre-judging? As in, going backstage before the competition, talking to the competitors and looking at their costumes beforehand? God, you people are demented walnuts, you'll literally try to pick any stupid thing apart. Why did you think she was missing from her table for so long before the competition started?
>>
>>9612041
Sorry, I was just genuinely confused because I assumed there would have been a skit component like other cons. Craftsmanship only is more understandable.
>>
>>9612051
You'd have to assume then that Major Sam only judged based on craftmanship, and the skit components would be marked by the other judges available to watch.

I'm sorry for snapping, Anon, but I'm seriously tired of coming into Australian threads to want to read news and contribute stuff, only to see petty bickering about dumb shit and the same, tired argument about 'X and Y are slutty sluts' or 'A and B photographers'. Like... okay, seriously, nobody cared that these people have beef against these other people, just stop being childish little whiners and post content every so often. Australian threads are practically the only ones who go into autosage almost immediately after they're created, take the bickering somewhere else guys.

/rant
>>
>>9612065

I mean, I completely agree with you. I'm beyond frustrated at the same dogpiling of certain cosplayers, slutshaming, and complaining about photographers. But this can also be a great place for discussion, which is I guess why I hang around.

I'd love more quality content, but would you submit your own? If so, you're a braver anon than I. This board is brutal.
>>
File: Roshi.jpg (75KB, 697x960px) Image search: [Google]
Roshi.jpg
75KB, 697x960px
Alright, I'll start. I'm gonna post a few photos From the Smash Facebook page and say something positive about each of them, because I think we need some positivity in this thread.

This Master Roshi was pretty spot on, and he was hella gleeful and in-character, which made me smile.
>>
File: 20952956.jpg (79KB, 657x960px) Image search: [Google]
20952956.jpg
79KB, 657x960px
I'm not sure what series this is from, but the design is very cool, it's executed cleanly, and the cosplayer looks great.
>>
File: Jesus.jpg (61KB, 598x960px) Image search: [Google]
Jesus.jpg
61KB, 598x960px
Even simple cosplays like this Jesus from Saint Young Men shows how much fun people have while they're in cosplays, and shows that you don't have to put a trillion hours of work into a costume to still have a good time.
>>
File: DMG.jpg (93KB, 684x960px) Image search: [Google]
DMG.jpg
93KB, 684x960px
This Dark Magician Girl is very cute, and her shoes are adorable and remind me of jellybeans.
>>
>>9612091
Omg (lol) yes! I saw him only briefly but was internally screeching in glee. Love Saint Oniisan.
>>
File: Hero.jpg (92KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
Hero.jpg
92KB, 720x960px
I saw this guy in real life and he's absolutely hilarious, stayed in character the whole time I was in the artist alley (which was a long while) and made everyone smile.
>>
>>9612098
Lol this pic thread https://twitter.com/maantaocos/status/898791312001867777
>>
>>9612086
omg I seriously love you, nonny. Positivity for everyone!
>>
File: Sakizo.jpg (92KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
Sakizo.jpg
92KB, 640x960px
Up close these two were super pretty. That is exactly the appropriate amount of trim and bling to put on a Sakizo costume.
>>
File: IMG_20170828_152658.png (1MB, 954x1436px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170828_152658.png
1MB, 954x1436px
Guess the one in red are the other contestants.
>>
File: 2107875.jpg (62KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
2107875.jpg
62KB, 640x960px
The D.VA helped me pick up my purse when I dropped it in the cafe and she was really sweet! And the guy was absolutely hilarious!
>>
>>9612107
Ate
>>
>>9612089
Looks to be from the Chinese mobile game, Onmyoji.
>>
>>9612107
Anon, we're trying to keep this a positive thread, and you're here being a little whiny baby again. It's probably you that made the same joke up earlier in the thread.

I'm going to contest your pissbaby comment with a positive one to keep this on track. These two girls (who are the WCS representatives for Australia now, btw) have very clean, well-made costumes. The one in the pink has probably the nicest silhouette on a Ciel dress that I've seen. The one in the red has beautiful fabric, and her construction is very good and flatters her size.
>>
File: IMG_1945.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1945.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>9612111
Same with these two, I think
>>
File: IMG_1950.jpg (2MB, 2525x3787px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1950.jpg
2MB, 2525x3787px
No idea what this is from, but thought it looked very cool
>>
File: Nero.jpg (72KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
Nero.jpg
72KB, 640x960px
Moving on, more positivity! Here's one of the two runners-up for WCS as Nero, her costume was super sparkly!
>>
This entire group was amazing! The girl with the big pompom flower was super adorable, she was toting it around all day and looked like a cute fairy.
>>
>>9612111
Onmyouji has started gaining some popularity here, which surprised me a lot. How did everyone hear about it? It seemed to come out of nowhere.
>>
File: 20988571.jpg (170KB, 1440x960px) Image search: [Google]
20988571.jpg
170KB, 1440x960px
What a great group! The little sister is super adorable!
>>
>>9612129
I remember seeing Reika start cosplaying from it last year or earlier this year? Didn't bother with the game bc I'm holding out hope for an English release lol
>>
File: DaVinci.jpg (75KB, 608x960px) Image search: [Google]
DaVinci.jpg
75KB, 608x960px
The other half of the WCS runner ups, cosplaying as Da Vinci. Both of their outfits were sparkly as anything, but apparently her bird broke before they got on stage :( Still she's very pretty!
>>
File: Nero2.jpg (78KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
Nero2.jpg
78KB, 640x960px
Another Nero! They were part of some big Fate group apparently, she's so cute and tiny next to her sword!
>>
And that's all I have time to post before I get back to work. Please let's keep this thread positive and post some actual discussions on here. We're all tired of seeing nasty comments when we're really all just a bunch of nerds who like to dress up as fictional characters for fun.

Please, let's just drop the negativity for a while, ok?
>>
>>9612105

As much as I'm over seeing Sakizou in competitions, I can't deny that when they're done well they're stunning... and these are amazing!
>>
>>9611713
>>9612027
>>
>>9612150
Maybe coz I'm a pleb and don't get it, but... They look good? I don't see what the huge deal is?
>>
>>9612153
It's probably a lolita thing. Girl on left has a really short skirt and you can see her petticoat, big taboo, also her posing is very weird. Girl on the right just looks frumpy, no petticoat, mismatched bag, eyebrows that send me to hell.
This is nitpicky though so granted these comments would be more suited to the lolita nitpick thread but people asked for photos and I tried to find some online since I didn't take any while I was there.
>>
>>9612162
That's certainly enlightening! That said, if they were from interstate and were in Sydney for SMASH weekend, maybe they just didn't have the luggage space for all the stuff for co-ords on top of cosplays, makeup, etc? Seems kinda harsh to belittle their efforts to get to know the local community, is all.
>>
>>9611270
>>9612150
>>9612162
If it's their first time in lolita, they did all right I would say. Most of the nitpicky stuff would be improved with a bigger wardrobe which is hard to have when starting out.

Judging by this picture alone though. And what i have seen of other fashion walks. I was expecting worse, so these two did alright
>>
>>9612175
>>9612173
Fair enough, although imo if you're going to a fashion walk you are going out to represent your fashion and should really know what you're doing.
>>
>>9612140
Do you have any more pics? I'm still after photos from the full FGO group!
>>
>>9612213
There's a few floating around. Check byte size and trung do photography
>>
>>9612093
I jerked off to this girl's pics multiple times already. One of them shows her upskirt in the Dark Magician Girl outfit.
>>
>>9612222
You're disgusting.
>>
>>9612222
I hope you get dick cancer
>>
>>9612253
How can you get dick cancer? Wanking off is good for your junk
>>
>>9612222
Who is that semen demon ?
Post some hot pics of her please
>>
>>9612254
Jan. 27, 2009 -- Frequent masturbation in young men is linked to higher risk of early prostate cancer, but it lowers prostate cancer risk for men in their 50s, a study shows. High levels of male sex hormones, or androgens, may increase a man's risk of prostate cancer.
>>
>>9612255
If you don't know her, you don't deserve to know her.
>>
>>9612259
>If you don't know her, you don't deserve to know her.
anonymity doesn't work if you when you defend your friends, be careful AE
>>
>>9612263
Implying I'm whom? Because I don't think you've got the right person.
>>
>>9612150
Both of them look great?? I'm confused.
>>
>>9612243
>>9612253
>never heard of males in her lifetime

>>9612255
Elfvie
>>
>>9612283
I am male. And also quite homosexual. But that's okay dude.
>>
>>9612289
>Elfvie
not fooling anyone homie
>>
File: IMG_5140.jpg (94KB, 480x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5140.jpg
94KB, 480x720px
>>
File: IMG_5141.jpg (98KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5141.jpg
98KB, 540x720px
>>
File: IMG_5142.jpg (102KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5142.jpg
102KB, 540x720px
>>
File: IMG_5143.jpg (95KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5143.jpg
95KB, 540x720px
>>
>>9612107
Clearly it is Kirilee Cosplay that carried Giorgia into winning WCS. Without her, she'd be sitting around just bitching about how unhappy she is with the cosplay community.
>>
File: IMG_5144.jpg (112KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5144.jpg
112KB, 540x720px
>>
>>9612303
These guys were great. They were keeping in character even when talking amongst themselves.
>>
dump bc this thread is getting stupid, lets get this thread back to the conventions pls
>>
>>9612303
it was really cringe when the rick was going up to people and doing impressions though
>>
>>9612312
This guy was a total ass, i call self post because everyone at the con cringed at how rude this dude was.
>>
>>9612337
Not a self-post. I did see him running around a lot but otherwise I don't remember him much. I can tell you who I was at the con if that'll make you feel better though?
>>
>>9612303
This Rick cosplayer kept yelling things like "I want to kill myself" and "Life has no meaning" in the con halls; I found it kinda inappropriate desu. Just stick to wubba lubba dub dub, thanks
>>
>>9612310
Um, yeah ok but both of them are equally great? Giorgia has a legit sewing degree and has alway been really nice, and although Kirilee is quite new to the cosplay community, she's got a performing arts degree?

Put your vendetta against her away, you're so pathetic when it's obvious that you're the only person slagging her off in every single thread you post her in. Yeah, she's overweight, but at least she's not a salty cunt like you are.
>>
>>9612310
Giorgia's literally been away from the community for years while she got her degree, and has said multiple times openly that WCS was her first foray back into cosplay post-studying. Name one instance where she's been anything but pleasant, even after all her volunteering work for conventions doing MCing, judging and panels. Sage for salty jelly anon.
>>
>>9612303
That morty's really good imo
Thread posts: 497
Thread images: 56

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.