[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MINIMAL WARDROBE CHALLENGE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 9

File: Collage V1.jpg (106KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
Collage V1.jpg
106KB, 700x700px
If, hypothetically, you can only have a limited number of items in your wardrobe, what would you pick?

Rules
>2 OPs
>2 JSKs
>2 Skirts
>2 Short sleeve blouses
>2 Long sleeve blouses
>2 Cutsews
>2 Sweaters
>2 Coats
>2 Shoes
>2 Pairs of socks
>2 Pairs of tights
>2 Purses
>2 Hats
>2 Headbands
>2 Wristcuffs / Gloves
>>
>>9580539
I would just shoot myself in the head because this is no way to live
>>
>>9580539
This concept is kind of batshit unbalanced, like you can have 6 main pieces and 10 blouses/boleros but you can only have 4 items of legwear? Two coats and two wristcuffs is borderline excessive when you get that little legwear. Heck, I don't even wear short-sleeved blouses pretty much ever so at that point they're just a waste of space.

Honestly at that point I'd give up on trying to be versatile and have variety and just go all-black, possibly even all one brand to save myself the hassle of trying to keep both cotton and chiffon blouses around, etc.
>>
>>9580539
Shit I can't do a proper collage on phone. Will do tomorrow.
That would be really sad though, only having 6 lolita main pieces
>>
>>9580539
honestly i'd rather hear about people's actual wardrobe numbers and ratios
>>
>>9581764
We've had multiple threads on that before though.
>>
>>9580596
kek

>>9580539
This is so dumb, who in their right mind would want to shrink their wardrobe?
>>
>>9581775
more interesting than this capsule wardrobe meme
>>
I know konmari sounds cool in concept but I'm a hedonistic materialist so this sounds like torture.

I think capsule wardrobes are weird for lolita considering the hobby is built around mad consumerism and materialism as a means of expressing yourself. Seems weird to conform to a weirdly nunlike lifestyle when the hobby is all about excess.
>>
>>9581795
my autism is showing, but konmari isn't about minimalism or capsules or anything

it's just keeping what "sparks joy." i'm a big materialist with an even bigger wardrobe and all of my burando sparked joy so i kept it. i recommend giving it a try though, since i got rid of everything i don't like but was holding onto for some reason or another.
>>
File: image.jpg (208KB, 1088x1600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
208KB, 1088x1600px
>>9580539
I prefer fyeahlolita's basic wardrobe post. It does this, but her are numbers make more logical sense.

>1 good petticoat
>1 piece of "special wear" (main piece)
>2 easy to coordinate dressest
>2 skirts in 2 different designs
>5 tops of various designs
>Headwear that matches each of your skirts or dressese
>2 pieces of outerwear
>1 pair of shoes that matches everything
>1 purse that matches everything.
>As many different pieces of legwear as you can accumulate
>Lots of different accessories

>>9580596
I know this is for the maymays, but I genuinely get antsy when my wardrobe gets too big. Id rather have a thoughtful 30 piece wardrobe than one of those 150 piece clusterfucks people post from time to time

>in b4 jelly
If I can't wear every MP I own once a month, shit getting sold. End of story.
>>
Threads like these are fantastic for people trying to build their wardrobes or branch into a different style, I know know why everyone's so salty. Not to mention it's the restriction that makes the challenge a fun game, it's not a "how to shrink your wardrobe in 1 easy step" deal.

Working on a ouji one now
>>
>>9581834
Ill do a gothic/kuro
>>
>>9581814
>150 piece clusterfucks
Thats my wardrobe. Ill try my best to make something nice and cohesive though.
>>
>>9583191
sorry, that came off ruder than it meant to be! I just personally get stressed out by large wardrobes with no direction
>>
>>9581814
>>9580539

Honestly, both of these sets of numbers seem completely arbitrary to me, it makes more sense to actually look at where you'll be wearing lolita to and how often, and then work out how many pieces of lolita you need to achieve that goal.

So, for eg:

>lifestyler daily lolita, laundry cycle once a week, summer weather: 1 petti, 7-9 blouses/cutsews, 7-9 bloomers/shorts and 7-9 legwear (so you'll never have to wear the inners over two days, they touch your skin and absorb oil and sweat the most. Can you imagine dealing with your period and only have 2 bloomers for every day). Then add simple, plain main pieces, matching accessories and shoes and bag. If you like cooking toss in an apron to help keep stains off your dresses as well.

>Casual lolita on weekends, hates skirts, likes repeat wear: Cap your dresses to 20-30 pieces max, so you get to repeat them. No skirts, one petticoat, and only as many of everything else as you need to make complete coords. You can theoretically have just one or two sets blouse + socks + shoes + bag that you wear with everything and simply keep swapping jsks each weekend.

>The really lazy lifestyler with a large budget and large closet space: onepieces in sets, as many as you can afford/fit in your wardrobe. Easy to put on every morning if you’re lazy at coording.

>Never wants to repeat an outfit — get used to a revolving door wardrobe, you’ll have to constantly buy and sell if you never want to repeat. You should keep ready a set of basics that suits your substyle, though (eg- pink set + white socks for sweet, ivory stuff + brown shoes+bag for classic, black set for gothic). This makes it easier to coord random new dresses.

Wardrobe requirements differ so much depending on where and when you wear lolita, it doesn't make sense to have a universal set of numbers at all.
>>
File: Webp.net-resizeimage.png (2MB, 1611x1049px) Image search: [Google]
Webp.net-resizeimage.png
2MB, 1611x1049px
>>9580539
I picked aprons instead of sweaters and ankle socks instead of tights. It was pretty hard sticking to something cohesive, but I think I did okay.
>>
>>9583487
>what is a game
>>
>>9583517
this is cute anon! I've been dying to add a little oldschool to my wardrobe, a little capsule like this might be just the thing
>>
>>9583534

Just making a comment.
>>
>>9581814
I saved that image awhile back, it has been super helpful transitioning from gothic and classic with tons of different matching things for every different coord, to Sweet with a more limited amount of stuff but several main pieces
>>
>>9581814
I have a big wardrobe and it sucks for storage, but honestly why wouldn't you want a few summer dresses and a few winter dresses? Sure some things can be transitioned but strawberries and chiffon short sleeves look weird and are cold in winter, while long sleeved OPs and velvet would kill me in summer here
>>
>>9583487
Wtf why are you bleeding on everything? I have only one pair of bloomers and never bleed on them, buy some damn tampons
>>
>>9583517
>all those gorgeous old pieces ruined by a pair of obvious modern jelly shoes

>>9583560
I started oldschool with a capsule and it ended up taking over my entire wardrobe lol. I think it's the easiest style to capsule because you can really do the one pair of white shoes and one pair of black shoes thing, which you can't get away with in basically any modern style.
>>
>>9583734
You mean the Vivian Westwood rocking horse shoes?
>>
>>9583698
Oh, I love having seasonal peices!! it's my favorite part of lolita--I just keep the number managable and make sure they can be worn with the rest of my wardrobe. it makes organizing and coording so much easier.

ex: I have a few tartan and velvet dresses, outerwear with pompoms, high boots, etc for winter; chiffon, fruit prints and short sleeves for summer. they are all in my color pallet (classic jewel tones and neutrals) so I don't need a whole new wardrobe each season.

they also swap out one for one so it doesn't get huge. I usually wind up swapping 10-15 total pieces per season. but hey, that's just what works for me
>>
>>9583736
Yes, the VWxMelissas are way too shiny to look right in oldschool IMO and always look wrong (as well as being much uglier than (p)leather ballerina shoes in general). Either real VWs or any of the replicas or similar wooden-soled shoes from Japanese brands always look nicer.
>>
File: IMG_20170802_121026.jpg (1MB, 1564x1564px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170802_121026.jpg
1MB, 1564x1564px
Ok so i live in a very warm country so i dont have sweaters or coats, so i reolaced those with short and long boleros. I also dont wear cutsews so i replaced them with an extra long and short blouse.

I have a pretty large wardrobe but i only picked black, white and navy items
>>
>>9580539
Love this idea!
Not everyone wears lolita often enough to need a huge wardrobe
Some lolitas don't have the space, and some don't have the money
Can't really contribute because I'm pretty bad at coordinating, but I'm hoping this thread stays alive for a while longer!
>>
File: image.jpg (131KB, 640x912px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
131KB, 640x912px
I've been wanting to try my hand at adding some gothic to my wardrobe. I'm pretty happy at how this turned out... I might even start investing in some of these pieces. Thanks for this!
>>
>>9584128
>>9584058
I love these both. Blue and black is so gorgeous, I wish I was into gothic.
>>
>>9584128
This is fantastic, anon.
>>
File: rabbit wardrobe.png (4MB, 1545x1597px) Image search: [Google]
rabbit wardrobe.png
4MB, 1545x1597px
I made a wardrobe for a classic lolita who loves rabbits. My inital plan was to stick to 2 colors and printless dresses, but I thought it would be more fun to have a wider, still harmonious color palette (creams, pinks, purples, reds, browns) while relying on the rabbit theme to make the wardrobe cohesive. I also liked the challenge of choosing a typically 'sweet' theme (prints of rabbits) and making it classic. I think some elegant rabbit-themed accessories, like the brooches from Peppermint Fox, would be perfect.
>>
>>9584347
Thanks! I'm ordinarily very pastel and sweet/classic, so gothic is pretty daunting. This was a nice experiment to make me think of what direction to go in... just want to be a little mana sometimes desu

>>9584388
This is very cute and thoughtful! I could totally see someone wearing this. I love it
>>
>>9584388
This is so insanely pretty!

I actually tried to figure out what my wardrobe ratio is (though numbers have changed a bit since then) and found that if I had only 5 main pieces I would also have:
- 2 pieces of outerwear
- 4 blouses or cutsews
- 4 pairs of shoes
- 10 pieces of legwear
- 20 pieces of headwear
- 2 bags

In doing this I confirmed that I really do like legwear a little too much, and revealed I have a little bit of a headwear problem. But other than those I feel like I have pretty balance proportions in my small-medium sized wardrobe.
>>
>>9584128
Hnnngggggg!
So gorgeous, damn I need more Moitie and gothic pieces in general.
>>
>>9584943
>5 main pieces
>20 pieces of headwear

Holy hell... And I thought I had a headwear problem. Honestly, good for you though. Guess it's better than the opposite
>>
>>9584953
Haha well most of them are small pieces (pairs of flower clips, pairs of bows) so it's not as bad as it sounds...
>>
>>9584967
okay that makes way more sense. I thought there was a lolita out there with 4 berets for every jsk and it made me giggle
>>
File: image.jpg (127KB, 640x912px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
127KB, 640x912px
did another one while I was bored at lunch. this time lolita with a mori vibe (these are pretty fun btw)
>>
>>9585124
I love this.
>>
>>9584943
I just did it and if I had 5 main pieces I'd have:
2 OPs, 2 JSKs and 1 skirt
4 blouses (all long-sleeved, the amount of cutsews and short-sleeved/detachable-sleeved blouses in my wardrobe is only enough to make a fraction of a blouse)
3 boleros and cardigans
3 shoes
2 bags
5 legwear (2 patterned, 3 plain)
7 headwear (1 bonnet, 2 headdresses, 2 headbows/bow clips, 1 beret, 1 flower clip)
1 necklace, 1 brooch and a fraction of a glove/wristcuff

When you divide it it seems like I need more accessory pieces but I actually have more blouses, outerwear, shoes and bags than basically anyone else I know. I have like...25 pairs of shoes, 22 bags, 25 cardigans and boleros, and 35 blouses and cutsews. I always feel like legwear is my weakness because I only started buying burando legwear recently, and my colour schemes are too predictable because I don't really own any coloured blouses.
>>
>>9585316
I don't think those proportions are off, if half your mains are OPs that means you have more blouses than dresses and skirts to wear them with...
>>
I love seeing how these wardrobes are turning out!

It did occur to me though, that these wardrobes are well matched to themselves but may not necessarily turn out so well on an actual body. I know this creates specific buying rules for me (e.g. no blouses/tops/mains that have ruffles going down the center, only buying colors that suit the established palette, etc.), so I was wondering if anyone else has these sorts of "style" or buying rules for their own wardrobes?

At the least, I've noticed that it does create some pretty hard limits on what I can and cannot buy.
>>
>>9585472
>no underbust jsks (these cuts just make my boobs look huge)
>nothing with more than 1/4 shirring on the back (back shirring and full shirring just look awful on me)
>OPs have to have loose sleeves (most puff/gathered sleeve OPs are too small for my large shoulders/upper arms)
>no high waisted JSKs (I'm long waisted and they make me look silly)
>>
>>9585472
I don't think any wardrobe put together online will turn out perfectly IRL, there are always going to be issues with colours not matching in real life or different items not fitting the same. The process of building any wardrobe is going to involve a bit of buy-sell unless you stick really closely to one brand with consistent sizing.

My main rule is no high-waisted dresses because I'm tallish and busty with a small ribcage. I've given in and bought high-waisted pieces sometimes if they were really cute, but it's always a gamble and I've ended up selling half the ones I've bought because they fit awkwardly even though I was within the listed measurements. I avoid underbust JSKs as well because they make me look slutty. Other than that I don't have any buying rules that aren't just personal preferences (like no cap sleeves, because I dislike them not because they don't suit me, or no purple).
>>
File: minimalwardrobe.jpg (2MB, 4000x3538px) Image search: [Google]
minimalwardrobe.jpg
2MB, 4000x3538px
My navies/whites ended up crashing a lot more than I expect but here is something I put together, please excuse the shitty editing skills.
>>
File: current.jpg (856KB, 1509x1051px) Image search: [Google]
current.jpg
856KB, 1509x1051px
This is my current wardrobe. It doesn't follow OP's rules perfectly but I thought it was capsule enough to post. Accessories and legwear not pictured because I change them up pretty frequently.
>>
>>9583707
I don't think anon meant it like that. it's more like when you're on your period, it gets more sweaty down there, so you'll need to recycle your bloomers more often too
>>
>>9584128
I wept with joy at this one
>>
>>9585124
This is so so so so pretty.
>>
>>9585475
I always thought underbust cuts were very flattering on small ribcage, large bust type bodies. Is it just entirely not done in lolita to draw any sort of attention to your bust?
>>
>>9586474
nayrt but they already make small-medium boobs look big, that is kinda nice but they make real big boobs ENORMOUS and kinda freakish. Both in and out lolita
>>
>>9586474
lolita's usually don't like to emphasize their breasts. I personally have a smaller ribcage/large-ish breasts and I think they look very nice on me. as long as it's nothing absurd and you have an appropriate blouse on it's probably fine
>>
>>9586474
Each to their own but I just don't like the way they look on me and don't feel comfortable in them. There's a Japanese chain with a similar concept to Hooters that has an underbust uniform and it always reminds me of that. In my country people usually interpret it as slutty and it makes me uncomfortable.

Also my small ribcage means I have narrow shoulders so on several of the underbust JSKs I've had the straps have been perpetually falling down, it was a pain in the ass and I usually ended up wearing corsets or vests over them.
>>
>>9585705
navy and white are both super difficult to match imo. I like the idea you have going though!
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.