[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

up coming con

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: cropped-year-4-banner-facebook-2.jpg (192KB, 2000x719px) Image search: [Google]
cropped-year-4-banner-facebook-2.jpg
192KB, 2000x719px
There's a con coming up in my region known as Chico con (it's actually going to be at a place called the silver dollar fair ground)
Anyone going? Kinda curious to see how many people are willing to go to this small con in California
>>
Probably not. My experience with cons closer to the CenCal area are that they're usually hot, boring, and full of bootleg merchandise with scammy vendors. The people who attend around that part of California also don't socialize as much as those who go to bigger conventions, even SacAnime suffers from this.

Best save your money unless you like walking around in crowds, there's just not much else to do.
>>
I went last year because I had a friend who lived close to there and she offered to let me stay for free. I was in the Artist Alley so I can't really comment on the quality of the rest of the con. All I remember was that it was very small and I made enough money to make the drive worth it. I had friends who decided to grab an airbnb instead and they ended up losing money.

Glad to see that they've moved at the very least? They were in some sort of like a community center thing last year with very low ceilings which sucked for artists with overhead displays.

The cosplay trends were really outdated there too. I saw like 4 different Inuyasha cosplayers? All my really old Steven Universe merch is what sold the most at this con. Generally, it felt like the attendees were like a couple years behind most of the other CA cons.
>>
I might go since it's right down the hill from me, but I haven't really been to a "comic" con before so it will be a new thing for me.
>>
>>9579538
>>9579547
>>9580568
i will admit that most of them are outdated
though my first one was in june when i went to the sundial bridge con
the thing was small but i didn't really see that many cosplayers. Not to mention the venue was small, i got down with the thing within 1 hour
it was pretty boring
>>
though i will admit the venue is a bit bigger this year
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.