[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Older Cosplayers/Con-goers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: Geezin'It.jpg (553KB, 605x1021px) Image search: [Google]
Geezin'It.jpg
553KB, 605x1021px
TL;DR: is the con scene a lot less forgiving for older cosplayers or even older con-goers in general?

I'm in my early 30s and used to be in the con scene in my early and mid 20s but eventually left due to drama and stupid people. But I've begun to miss cons of all things. I'm wondering if 1) it gets better in terms of maturity for older cosplayers interacting with one another, 2) if the stereotype is still true that there's still so few older con-goers around it's not worth bothering to hit up cons that aren't essentially giant pop-culture advertisement expos, and 3) depending on two's answer if I'm a huge faggot for still having an interest in the con scene or cosplay in general in my seeming old age and it's time to move on.

Yeah, I know every answer and experience is subjective, but I'm wondering if a consensus can be had. For the sake of clarity and responses, I'm a guy and always gravitated to simpler costumes (since I can't make worth shit) and never was much for anime or eastern stuff, it's preferably comics and to a much lesser extent gaming as my nerd interest of choice. Thanks in advance for replies.
>>
To me, it looks like the older you get, the better things get because you just stop rightly giving a fuck. If you're older and good, people kind of see you as a bit of a legend and you'll get a fair amount of attention since DESU most older people tend to not cosplay.
Also western media is going strong at conventions, you have nothing to worry about in that regard. It's kinda expected for older folks to be more into comics.
>>
Wait are you complaining comic cons are too young? Comic & Sci-fi cons have always had an older demographic. Anime cons skew younger.

I'm expecting a surge of 30-40 somethings as nerds who went to cons in their teens start producing offspring and they want to take their kids somewhere fun for a weekend.
>>
OP here. Thanks much for the replies!

>>9569142
Giving no fucks is definitely part of why I'm getting ready to give it another whirl, but to me there's still the feel there's just not many older people in general at cons and it'd be nice to meet people with similar interests again, but are my age - meeting people at cons is part of the fun, eh.

>>9569690
Most cons I went to in my original days were anime cons due to being the ones that I was taken to by friends. I did go to Magfest and I'll concede to you it definitely skewed to an older demographic. So if comic cons tend to have older people that's definitely a plus.
>>
>>9568974
you're a huge faggot, but not because you want to go to cons again.
>>
There is no "con scene" you have to be a part of.

Just go out with your friends for the weekend and enjoy yourself, you got sucked into drama and stupid people because you hung out with those people.
>>
>>9569906
>Just go out with your friends for the weekend and enjoy yourself, you got sucked into drama and stupid people because you hung out with those people.

fucking this. a million times.

>AX 2016
>went with friends and co-workers.
>had a blast all days

>AX 2017
>friends and co-workers couldnt join me (they had to pass AX for comic-con instead)
>decided to hang out with online friends instead
>they are more into the whole anime/cosplay scene than my friends/co-workers
>nothing but drama the entire time
>end up spending most of the time soloing it because I couldnt stand the drama

as for the OP: Anime cons will always have a much younger demographic.
comic cons will always have a much older demographic.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.