[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Itabag/Fandom Fashion General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 320
Thread images: 74

File: DD7PfkFVoAAT6HD.jpg (229KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
DD7PfkFVoAAT6HD.jpg
229KB, 1200x900px
Old thread saged >>9556015

Itabag FAQ and Beginners Guide
>https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XjbF7suzx1tE5pbK4HslTSpxjyD3YegkqfWIi8zekwc/edit?usp=sharing

Buyf/a/g Guide
>buyfag.moe
>>
File: DERfm8qVYAE7J1U.jpg (233KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
DERfm8qVYAE7J1U.jpg
233KB, 1200x675px
>>
File: DENEk4WV0AIUy_F.jpg (152KB, 1200x856px) Image search: [Google]
DENEk4WV0AIUy_F.jpg
152KB, 1200x856px
>>
File: DFH3FfJXoAAYXGd.jpg (335KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
DFH3FfJXoAAYXGd.jpg
335KB, 1200x900px
>>
File: DEMltgIUwAE-x4U.jpg (310KB, 1200x904px) Image search: [Google]
DEMltgIUwAE-x4U.jpg
310KB, 1200x904px
>>
File: 13548.png (988KB, 596x597px) Image search: [Google]
13548.png
988KB, 596x597px
>>
>>9567202
Zura! <3
>>
File: 2834754.jpg (286KB, 751x570px) Image search: [Google]
2834754.jpg
286KB, 751x570px
I ordered lots of stuff to upgrade my bag like 5 weeks ago and it took this long to arrive to my proxy and they managed to send it only yesterday and I'm getting so impatient already, I know it'll take 2 more weeks to get to me... I just want to get my bag together soon ;_;
>>
>>9567222
Zuraaa!
>>
Man I love obscure series bags. There's only so many YOI band wagons one person can take. Keep posting them please, in mean Nyanpire gdit adorable
>>
>>9567159
That's why I wanted to get a second opinion on it lol, I think something looks good but then I get it in person or try it myself and regret it lmao. What would you recommend for character stuff? I check out the resin threads on here but I've never really seen anything that strikes me as going in a itabag.
>>
>>9567432
Nayrt but to me the symbol charms in the one you posted are closer to something I'd put on a bag, but as an accent rather than something to put in the spotlight at all. Maybe make zipper pulls?
>>
>>9567432
What >>9567473 said is a good idea. Making zipper pulls or other small accents work best, and just work on other pieces (DIY plush, buttons etc) as the main focus.
>>
>>9567189

Liked the idea but not digging random tossed IV's and Kaito. It makes it a appear lazy, since it's thematic Shark bag and not a general yugioh one.

Also, I would change the placement a bit is messy. And the bag base is not working. Maybe purple or blue.

Aside of the concrit, I'm so happy with the new income of yugioh itabags, that inspires me so much. (Forever waiting for my merchandise to arrive)
>>
>>9567520
:oo which character are you doing?
>>
>>9567520
This is just a random bag I found on IG that was newer lol
>>
Idiotic question, but would people into a series be offended if I went to an event (eg animate cafe) for the series but my itabag was from something else?

I'll be walking around overseas and may get the chance to go to a cafe collab, but my only itabag is of my husbando whose anime isn't popular at the moment. Just wondering if I should even bother taking the itabag overseas
>>
>>9567559

I'm planning 2 bags actually

For my first I was aiming a scandalshipping bag, because fujo, but it's a pain in the ass assemble all merchandise, so I shifted to a Prideshipping mix as well and trying to design it those cute holographic theme from Duel links game at the background.

Second one it will be a To Alice backpack. I ordered too many yugioh keychains and straps, so I'll make a yugioh general too. This one will be somehow tricky since I want to be somehow coesive.

Maybe if I had still too many keychains still I'll do a Yu4 pouch with Zarc card just for the kicks.

I live in a potato country with a very slow shipping and also I'm buying stuff from too many different sellers, so the wait is killing me.

Sorry for the blog, as I said I think I'm overexcited. Are you planning/have a yugioh itabag as well anon?
>>
>>9567567
I'm the Bakura anon from previous thread :D

soundlesswind on tictail has some charms of scandalshipping and prideshipping. :>
>>
>>9567573

Your bag is so cute! I loved all the merch you assembled. Also I don't agree with the concrit you received last thread. I think the color is suitable and you are making a good job so far!
Also, I ordered from soundlesswind too. Bless DsoD for otp revival.

>>9567561

Chill, Yugioh fandom lurks here and I just wanted to give an advice. It was obvious you just dumped pictures.
>>
>>9567583
thank you :>>
i have yet to purchase the backing because my lazy ass is too lazy to get to my local craft store

Have you considered purchasing a duel disk rubber charm? for your YGO general bag? if you group by character and have it symmetrical, I think you'll achieve a pretty cohesive look

godbless DSoD for the new YGO merch. A++
>>
File: IMG_7438.jpg (88KB, 481x452px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7438.jpg
88KB, 481x452px
I'll post whatever pics I snap while at SD Comic Con, why not. People always get excited when I ask to take a shot of them.
>>
>>9567563
Most people would just be surprised a foreigner is doing an itabag in general.

If yours is one sided you could always wear the plain side out if you feel uncomfortable at any point. I see plenty of people doing that on subways etc.
>>
>>9567620
At cons, my itabag outshines my cosplay.
>>
>>9567674
At cons, I have people come up to my artist alley table specifically looking for my itabag.
>>
>>9567583
They seemed to be pretty chill, anon. Don't know why you reacted the way you have.
>>
>>9567583
>telling anon to chill for casually mentioning where they found a bag
>"Yugioh fandom lurks here"
Is this gutter
>>
>>9567620
>granola
Cute to see what peeps are snacking on.

>I'll post whatever pics
Neat, looking forward to them!

Would anyone be so kind to share some ita bags that focus on Tori or Tomoya from Ensemble Stars?
>>
A friend in the US became a proxy for me and received lots of charms for my itabag for months. When it was time to ship everything to me I told her I needed a tracking number because I've had shitty experiences with USPS before. I told her not to ship First Class. But she did anyway because they told her it came with a tracking number (a customs number...). Thing is, the package was received by USPS a month ago and that's all I can get from their customs number. There are about 30 charms, a mini pillow and a figure in that package. I WANNA DIE. Sorry, I just needed to vent.
>>
>>9568500
I'm sorry, I hope it gets to you safely. I know it's tough
>>
>>9568500
First Class international shouldn't take a month.. can you screenshot what the message is you get when you try to track it?
>>
File: whereareyou.jpg (63KB, 985x425px) Image search: [Google]
whereareyou.jpg
63KB, 985x425px
>>9568616
Thank you! Hopefully it'll arrive eventually.

>>9568670
I know it can take long because of customs. I just wish I could have a real tracking number.
>>
File: DFOPFGPUwAAvHXS.jpg (115KB, 1199x946px) Image search: [Google]
DFOPFGPUwAAvHXS.jpg
115KB, 1199x946px
Have you guys seen Swimmers new itabags?
>>
This hobby is fucking dangerous.

I have 3 bags right now and I'm looking to add at least one more. Of the three existing bags I have, I'm looking to upgrade at least 2 of them to bigger bags, possibly splitting one character into a tote bag and an OTP backpack depending on how much more merch they get.

Getting cheap secondhand merch from Surugaya is making it soooo easy to get a lot of pins and straps for cheap, even the ones from cafes and special events. Also, it seems that 'secondhand' in Japan means it was looked at twice while in its original packaging - literally everything I've gotten has been in perfect condition other than their boxes being opened.
>>
File: 20170721_113724.png (598KB, 691x434px) Image search: [Google]
20170721_113724.png
598KB, 691x434px
Thank you for the anon calling my bag cute! I am so mad that Anzu and Kirari get their merch releases at different times because I have missed on so many Anzu-stuff.. As you can see mu Kirari side is kinda full now and the Anzu side is in need of attention.
>>
I ordered a charm from tictail two months ago and still haven't gotten it.. The seller said they had problems w their contacts and I get it but the seller does not reply to my questions.. I am a bit lost here..
>>
>>9569070
If you paid with paypal just charge it back
>>
>>9568710
> calling base bag itabags
>>
>>9569147
To be fair they're fucking painful to look at. Colored pvc window WITH glitter
>>
File: 20170721_131103.png (2MB, 1067x1464px) Image search: [Google]
20170721_131103.png
2MB, 1067x1464px
Kill it with fire.

Cheap bootleg bag, terrible layout, flower mess, awful leds, like is there anything redeemable here
>>
>>9569169
Those green lights just seem so out of place. Nico and Ruby both have pink as their main image color so using green LED's makes no sense at all. I can sort of see that they're trying to make a heart out of the flowers, but it really doesn't work well with that kind of bag. Why wouldn't they just get a knock off heart bag if they wanted to put thing in a heart shape? And the μ's banner is kind of pointless since they have an Aqours member there.
>>
File: 1495722606932.png (225KB, 575x323px) Image search: [Google]
1495722606932.png
225KB, 575x323px
>>9569169
>Green LEDs
>>
>>9569184
It's not green leds, it's seizure flashing rainbow ones which is even worse
>>
>>9569184
>>9569188
They're not actually green, they change color! But they still look fucking awful. You can't even see whats in the bag as they're flashing.
>>
>>9569274
>>9569276
Ouch, I just saw the video of it. I mean, sure it draws attention to the bag, but you can't actually see whats in it. Surely they must have thought it looks horrible? Why not just use single colored lights if they want them so badly?
>>
>>9569278

Someone send them a screenshot of this:
Use a heart template so you can get the flowers arranged nearly, that'll do wonders. If they're meant to be a heart, it looks like it is I can't tell desu.

Spread your merch out a little more so you can fill the bag. At the moment it's all cluttered in one spot and it makes your bag look empty.

If you absolutely must have leds, don't have them rainbow try set them to a warm tone to match the color of your bag and lower the brightness. There's no point having an itabag if your lights completely disguise your devotion! To be honest the leds look awful I'll be straight with you.

If you still insist though, re-attach the leds around the border to neaten them up. You can see that every corner other than the top left it just hangs down and looks like you threw them in. It doesn't look like your led strip is big enough to fit the entire edge, so maybe just fill the window space?

I dunno what's causing it I think it's just a problem with the super cheap knockoff to alice but its squishing at the sides weirdly. It might be worth putting an insert inside the bag to help it hold shape? That might help it out.
>>
>>9569146
I still want the charm though.. Should I just re-order after cancelling?
>>
>>9569313
Tell the artist you'll issue a charge back if they don't ship the charm or offer a refund, but that you would prefer to have the charm.

Charge backs are BAD for sellers in general, so the threat of it will generally kick their butt into action.
>>
>>9569005
What SS do you use for surugaya?
>>
>>9569727
I use Big in Japan or Tenso, depending on the size of my order.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170721-203050_50.png (1MB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170721-203050_50.png
1MB, 720x1280px
Not sure how I feel about the figma in there. Makes it a bit lumpy. Thoughts? If not I do have a few more keychains I can hang from that chain to fill the space im the mail
>>
>>9569895
Things look sort of bunched up in the center and it's sort of difficult to see the figure against the backing you chose. Maybe consider moving the figure to the center and adding some contrasting accent between the figure and the background and surrounding him with the charms(?). It feels pretty unbalanced as it is currently, just consider playing around with the arrangement more.
>>
>>9569916
Ah, yeah I can see that. Thanks!
>>
>>9567182
>Wanting to make a tokage bag
>See this, want that fucking base
>Find the name, google it
>Old and sold out everywhere, even secondhand
Feels bad man

>>9569292
>Wanting to post 4chan caps to the fb group
How fucking new are you? Just copy paste the text. At best no one would take the cap seriously, at worst we get another invasion of those hugbox fucks.

>>9569895
It might be too late for this, but I would either trim the edges on the redbubble stickers or color them in with a fitting color. The white borders just look really tacky when everything else is fairly muted.
>>
>>9569952
Hmm... i see what you mean. I might see if I can trim them down. Thank you!
>>
Fuck the fb sales group is dangerous. I just dropped like $120 on a bunch of merch from 3 different sellers...
>>
For anyone who's domed stickers, do you treat them first, or is there a way to tell if they'll be okay in the resin? I've got a couple stickers I'd like to dome, but I can never tell what's water/resinproof. I'm not sure of if it would be safer to seal them anyway or not.
>>
>friend wants to make ita bag of a character that made a bag of
>"oh that's cool! here's some merch that i bought but decided not to use on my bag!"
>she buys the same base bag as me
>she buys the same merch as me
>puts her merch in literally the exact same layout as mine
>doesn't put the merch that i gave her on her bag because it's not on my bag either
>writes a bunch of twitter and instagram posts about how she worked sOOoooOO hard on arranging everything in her bag

The worst part is that it's a really popular character who has a large variety of merch so it's not even like we only had a couple of pieces of merch to work with.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1500709010687.jpg (107KB, 858x1336px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1500709010687.jpg
107KB, 858x1336px
A few threads ago there were some heart shaped base bags by BerryQ that some chinese girls were using for their tsumtsums. Well it looks like Wunderwelt has them up for preorder:
wunderwelt.jp / fleur/products/m-01088?utm_content=buffer9bb6e&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
>>
Would it be better to buy a windowless bag or make one from scratch if you wanted to make a bag with a custom cutout shape?
>>
> find the perfect yellow bag
> FJ cancels my orders
T-thanks I guess.
>>
File: 1496630612361.jpg (49KB, 1172x636px) Image search: [Google]
1496630612361.jpg
49KB, 1172x636px
>>9570189
Friend or no friend that's a shitty thing to do and you need to let her know. Just let her know sweetly as you can that it's really cute that she made a replica of your bag and that you two should twin sometime so that you can show off her bag being just like yours.
>>
https://discord.gg/UrbqS8 join the group
>>
>>9570159
Going by this tutorial, id go ahead and seal them just in case. They did it with cheap stickers so I'm sure it'll work with whatever kind you have (: I haven't done it myself yet but lemme know how it goes for you.
http://www.epbot.com/2016/01/diy-turn-any-shaped-stickers-into.html?m=1
>>
>>9569895
tulle makes it looks cheap
>>
Has anyone used zenmarket and didn't have something in their package? I'm missing 2 things from my karamatsu lot. I'm so nervous they won't do anything
>>
>>9570494
I was expecting more users since these bags are so popular, is this a relatively new server?
>>
>>9570189
"Oh I didn't know you were just going to copy my bag..."/slightly disappointed voice
>>
>>9570189
Change your layout, post it here, see if she copies again. Timestamps
>>
>>9570975
It's only been posted on /cgl/
>>
He doesn't deserve this fate.
>>
>>9571067
Oh nooooooo why does the silicone look...dirty? :( I'd love that case if the deco was done differently.
>>
File: alphonse itabag copy.png (2MB, 1661x1392px) Image search: [Google]
alphonse itabag copy.png
2MB, 1661x1392px
>>9562316
Now that I've got more shipping confirmations, here's my almost updated mail collage. I'm being moderately picky, and you can see I have some non-Al stuff that I think compliments him. There's a lot of very cute stuff out there for him, I think. Especially those frosted cookie charms!

Shit quality because I resized it all in Paint from the giant collage I'm working on, but maybe it helps anyway.
>>
Yakuza bag anon, if you're here can I steal your idea to use chain trim around the outside of the heart?
>>
>>9570404
Where are you buying your bag from? There's certain websites that FJ doesn't like to deal with so they'll cancel an order if you bought anything from one of their blacklist. Try using zenmarket instead? They're pretty similar to FJ but are a little more lenient.
>>
File: IMG_7538.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7538.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
I hope whoever has him as a husbando is jelly of my fancy one of a kind pin I got for going to the SDCC bnha panel.
>>
File: silver tape holder.jpg (94KB, 600x270px) Image search: [Google]
silver tape holder.jpg
94KB, 600x270px
Does anyone know the generic name for these clear streamer holders? I found the tower records branded ones, but there's some different looking ones on yahoo auctions. All the listings I can find are for filled keychains that include the various streamers, and I want something like a set of 6 or so empty generic keychains.
>>
Should I ask for permission to use fanart keychains/pins from the artist to make a bag? I assume most Western artists don't mind but I wonder if I should ask Japanese artists for permission first.
>>
>>9571407
Yes. Always yes.
>>
>>9571407
Yes. There have been a lot of cases where Japanese artists have taken down their art because people were using it without their permission.
>>
>>9571407
Why the hell do you think western artists don't mind???
>>
>>9571407
maybe i'm just not getting this, but why would someone care if you put a keychain you bought from them on an itabag?
>>
>>9571286
Not jelly, just proud other people like my husbando enough to also make bags
>>
File: 46545435251.jpg (266KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
46545435251.jpg
266KB, 800x600px
Babby's first itabag (?) wip.
I have some more merch (mainly straps and pins) coming in the mail. Thoughts?

I feel a bit silly for making a fandom bag for cats, but I love them a lot.
>>
>>9571547
i fucking love this, that cat is adorable
>>
>>9571547
Nothing silly about gods on earth. In fact i am planning to do one as well with pics of my own cats
>>
>>9571554
Thank you, I'm happy to hear that!

>>9571604
Do it, anon. I wanna see!
>>
>>9571449
Nayrt, but Japanese don't feel comfortable when you mix their fan merch with official because they feel like it competes with/lessens the original product. Many artists have felt intimidated and taken down their fanwork/accounts when it got too popular.
>>
>>9571407
but you make a keychain because you want someone to use it? so why would you mind if they put it on their bag I don't understand this logic at all. If you're not happy with someone using your keychains don't sell keychains.

Unless you mean like "can i use this person's art to make my own badges/straps" then hell fucking no
>>
>>9571444
My bad, I thought people with fanart in their bags were doing that because I saw it done often.

Thanks everyone for the answers!
>>
>>9571837
No, I don't mean the second part. I think what >>9571718 said could answer your questions though.
>>
>>9571162
It's a free world man, do whatever you want with your bag. I'll only be weirded out if someone copied my bag exactly. Just remember you need pliers to get the chains to join at the end!
>>
>>9571444
But they don't. I don't know any artists who would think negatively when seeing their fancharms/buttons on an itabag. JP artists might mind though.
>>
>>9571978
Western artists treat fan merch very much like a business. once you buy something from me, it's yours, do what you want with it. Japanese fan merch community is very different, and has a different relationship with the original IPs.
>>
Is there a taobao search for itabags? Don't like any of the ones listed in the google doc
>>
>>9567620
What base is that?
>>
>>9569159
Yeah I don't think those ones are supposed to be used as base bags for itabags. They're just clear bags, which are very fashionable right now.
>>
>>9571978
I fucking mind. After reading some of these replies, I think I'm just going to start watermarking the faces on my drawings so people don't use them for itabags.
>>
>>9571159
Well I can tell you now owning that bag that the clocks, mousepad and phone charger aren't going to fit inside. The window is only 2cm deep and stretching it makes the bag warped and ugly (like the kill it with fire above)
>>
>>9571718
That's not true for all Japanese artists though. One of the artists I follow gets excited when she sees her stuff on itabags, it makes her feel like people appreciate and consider her art "worthy". Each artist is different you can't just blanket coat them. Some mind, some are flattered.
>>
>>9571978
>>9572021
Just curious, because I think maybe there's two different things people mean in this conversation.

Do you mean:
1) People buying keychains from the artist, then using that keychain in their bags
or
2) People making their own charms from the artists work without buying the charm or art from the artist?
>>
>>9572021
Anon isn't talking about taking random online art and sticking it on an itabag, they're talking about taking an already made fan product and sticking it on an itabag. Unless you're considering slapping a watermark on items you're selling, in which case, I doubt anyone would buy them watermark or no watermark.
>>
>>9572049
*buy them, itabag or no itabag
Whoops, was typing too fast.
>>
>>9572021
Then why would people sell fanmerch and not be ok with people using it? Are we really expected to ask every artist if we have permission to put their charms/buttons on our phones, itabags, purses, conbags, lanyards, etc?
>>
>>9571159
alphonse anon, have you considered attaching a small cat plush on the top of your bag? I don't know if it fits the aesthetic you're going for??

(pic related)
>>
>>9572047
Aw that's good to hear! If I get my Japanese up to par I might just ask the artists individually. I don't know if asking about what translate as "painful bags" would be pleasant though.
>>
>>9572048
>2) People making their own charms from the artists work without buying the charm or art from the artist?
This one.

>>9572049
>>9572100
My apologies! I completely misunderstood what anon was saying. I don't think any artist producing fan merch has a problem with it being used. It's when people are taking fanart they found online and making their own merch out of it that I have an issue.
>>
>>9572126
Original asker here, yeah I meant people who were already selling made keychains/pins/charms. Not making them with others work, that'd be horrible and I really hope nobody does that for their bags :(
>>
>>9572119

That is the aesthetic I'm going for and I have considered, and the Xiao Mei coin purse is kind of filling that niche I think. I might get/make some more tiny amigurumi cats though. I'm also ambivalent about a cat fabric background versus a light blue gingham one, I think gingham suits this country boy, but so do the cats.

>>9572034
The mousepad fits well, but not everything probably will with all the odd shape figures. Oh well.
>>
I know there's some recommendations for protecting plushes, but the carrier that has been linked is medium-sized. Any advice for smaller plushes like tsumtsums or mochimochi mascots? Don't want to put them in the bag since it'd be too lumpy and dangling outside may make them get dirty or lost.

I was going to get one of those carriers but I've only seen it in black which wouldn't match. Was thinking if nothing else, to stick flowers or fabric in it to pad my mochimochi mascot inside, but if there's smaller ones that'd be better?
>>
>>9571547
tfw really wanna make a dog centric bag because gdi I love dogs.
You've given more incentive to do this anon thank you.

On the topic of out of the norm bags;

>What do you think about itabags that aren't a husbando/waifu?

I remember at first getting positive responses on my food bag a couple threads ago, however people also mentioned that it wasnt really an itabag by definition, which I supposed is true, even though I reeeally love food.

>Do you like seeing out of the norm bags or would you prefer to keep it the way it was made to be?

Most people when I wear my bag out and recognize that its an itabag say they love the idea since it's something they haven't seen before.
>>
File: plushie-bag.jpg (23KB, 580x451px) Image search: [Google]
plushie-bag.jpg
23KB, 580x451px
Where can I buy this? Is there anything similar on Taobao?
>>
File: IMG_2072.jpg (632KB, 756x1008px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2072.jpg
632KB, 756x1008px
I ordered two keychains from a Pixiv artist and they included this sketch of my husbando!

Also some other merch of mine came in and it's so much bigger than anticipated. Time for a bigger bag.
>>
In light of the discussion about using fanmerch in itabags:

>Do you have Japanese fanmerch on yours?
>If so, did you ask artists for permission before putting them in? If you haven't, are you planning to?

I've accumulated a decent amount of Japanese fanmerch for my bag for a character with little and expensive official merch, but now that I know how uncomfortable some Japanese artists get about including stuff they've made in itabags, I might just keep them at home.

If any anons here know Japanese, maybe a template message for permission for itabag usage might be helpful?
>>
>>9571974
Thanks for the advice! I know it's a little weird to ask but I would feel weird taking direct inspiration like that without some type of permission, so thanks for humoring me.
>>
>>9572668
I have one piece of Japanese fanmerch on my itabag. I bought a small lot of things from a Japanese seller, and it included a canbadge which I didn't realise wasn't official at the time. I found out a few months later it was fanmerch by coming across other buttons that looked exactly like it, and they linked to a twitter. But I liked it, so I just kept it on my bag. Until today, I wasn't aware that Japanese artists didn't like mixing their fanmerch with official merch, so I think I'll find a canbadge to replace this, and I'll put that button on my con button bag which has all fanmerch.
>>
>>9572225
I'm tempted to make a non-husband/waifu bag for work because I'm not that comfortable blaring my power level every day. But i'm not really sure that it would count as an itabag; probably more just following the aesthetics of an itabag
>>
>>9572121
Do you really think japanese fans don't know about itabags
>>
>>9572597
Aw! I love it when artists do stuff like this.
>>
A few more at SSCC. There were just so many people you could only see the backs of whoever was in front of you until you turned into a new row.
>>
File: IMG_7558.jpg (128KB, 639x784px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7558.jpg
128KB, 639x784px
>>9573103
>>
File: IMG_7566.jpg (140KB, 640x804px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7566.jpg
140KB, 640x804px
>>9573105
>>
File: IMG_7567.jpg (147KB, 640x806px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7567.jpg
147KB, 640x806px
>>9573107
>>
>>9573105
this is cute, the lightning in the background is a nice touch!
>>
>>9573107
Not an itabag.
>>
>>9572267
Google and Taobao have a search by image feature.
>>
Sick of seeing people make OC bags. Like how vain do you have to be to worship your own creation?
>>
>>9573238
Well, who's going to love my characters more than me, anon?
>>
>>9573238
I sometimes love OCs designs so much I get into whatever that person created.

>justasplanned.jpeg
>>
>>9573238
Who is going to be my OCs biggest fan if not the creator?
>>
>>9572950
No, I'm just not good enough at Japanese to accidentally phrase it poorly.
>>
Has anyone attempted to place shabby roses into their bags? Do they flatten to shit?

I'm unsure on which type of flower would look best flatted up into the tote cover.
>>
File: il_fullxfull.1281349403_b9y9.jpg (106KB, 570x462px) Image search: [Google]
il_fullxfull.1281349403_b9y9.jpg
106KB, 570x462px
>>9573318
Fuck me, dropped pic.
>>
>>9572668
I'll work on creating a couple templates today! I've studied it for a couple years and have already used it when speaking with artists!
>>
>>9573309
>>9572121
Ita-bag in Japanese is literally "ita baggu", so don't worry about it, anon.
>>
this has probably been asked a billion times over but i just got my bag, and wondering how do you attach keychains to it? do you just sew them on around the chain?
>>
>>9573492
Check out the FAQ link in the OP, newfriend.
>>
Sorry if this post ends up being super long.
Ok! Here are some templates I whipped up for asking Japanese artists if it’s ok to use their stuff in your bag. If any anons wanna double check/fix my Japanese please do so! Also I’m willing to translate any replies y’all get.

Here’s a generic opening email if you’ve never spoken to them before. I tried to be pretty polite to err on the side of caution.

(insert artist name here)さん

こんにちは。日本語の母国語としない人ですから、下手な日本語ってすみません。(insert artist name here)さんのファンアートが好きです。今、(insert series or character name that you have merch of here)の痛バッグを作ります。もし(artist name)さんの(insert type of product here. Keyholder, strap, etc.)を購入したら、痛バッグに使わせていただきますか。

ありがとうございます。
(your name here)

(artist name here),

Hello. I’m not a native Japanese speaker, so sorry for the poor Japanese. I really like your fanart. Right now I’m making a (insert series or character name here) itabag. If I purchase your (insert product here), would I be able to use it in my itabag?

Thank you very much,
(your name here)

If you want to say buy instead of purchase replace (購入したら) with (買ったら). You can also say (痛バッグにつけるつけさせていただきますか) instead of (痛バッグに使わせていただきますか。).

If you want to be a little more casual you can say (くれますか) instead of (いただきますか).

If you already bought the merch and want to ask if you can use it replace the last sentence with ( もう(artist name)さんの(insert type of product here. Keyholder, strap, etc.)を購入しました。痛バッグにつかわせていただきますか。) Which just says you already purchased X item and are wondering if you can use it in your bag.
>>
>>9573502
god bless you anon. Thanks a lot!
>>
>>9573509
No problem! Anons here have been so helpful with my bag-building I hope I can give back.
>>
Hey, thank you for doing this! I made a couple changes to your base email that I think might be a bit more natural, although I could be wrong:

(insert artist name here)さんへ

こんにちは。日本語は母語じゃないですので、日本語が間違っていたらすみません。(insert artist name here)さんのファンアートが好きです。今、(insert series or character name that you have merch of here)の痛バッグを作っています。もし(artist name)さんの(insert type of product here. Keyholder, strap, etc.)を購入したら、痛バッグに使わせてもよろしいですか?

ありがとうございます。
(your name here)
>>
>>9573523
And actually, that ありがとうございます at the end should probably be お願い致します。
>>
>>9573523
I've always been told that using へ after the recipients name is kinda childish from my professors. And I wasn't sure whether 作ります or 作っています was better thank you!

I also considered 使ってもいいですか but figured it was a little too casual for an initial email.

Thank you for helping me out!
>>
>>9573535
No problem, thank you for writing it! I think you're right about the へ, leaving it out seems better.
>>
>>9571162
It's a free world my friend, go for it! Like that other reply said, you'll need pliers, nd I actually recommend two pairs, one to close the open link and the other to hold the two links together just makes it easier

>>9570596
You know what, you're super fuckin right. Thank you for making me realize this
>>
>>9573502
I love you anon. Thank you!
>>
>>9573238
Why do you care so much? It's their bag, not yours.
>>
That fucking moment when you bought merch off of eBay because all the listing photos were identical to your other official merch so you can have symmetry of repeat and when it arrived it's fake.....im hella mad
>>
>>9574082
File a claim with eBay/Paypal to get your money back, selling knockoffs is illegal, even more so when they're falsely advertised.
>>
>>9562396
Has Wego stopped selling this base? Can't find it on their online store. :(
>>
>>9574094
It's been discontinued for months.
>>
>>9573862
Why do you care so much about someone's opinion, anon?
>>
What does fandom fashion mean?
>>
>>9574499
>>9564359
>>
File: B8rtkYeCQAAni7X.jpg (133KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
B8rtkYeCQAAni7X.jpg
133KB, 600x800px
>>9574508
That not exactly fandom fashion, anon. That's just "ita-armor" or "ita-mecha" or whatever term you want to call a Love Liver's version of an itabag.

Fandom fashion is more pic related. It's decking yourself with pictures/merch of your characters. Like going on Arts"bovine" and making a skirt of manga panels.
>>
Lol what fucking point have we reached when people are wanking over using fan merch they've bought in their own bag.

Seriously, don't sell merch if it triggers your special needs because the buyer dared to use your merch. Like ffs this is the most pathetic shit right here
>>
I've been trying to find pictures of the pleather zakkamart bags being used, anyone have any examples?
>>
>>9573238
I don't mind as long as they don't expect anyone else to give a shit.
Just like cosplaying OCs.
>>
File: IMG_5934.jpg (240KB, 750x938px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5934.jpg
240KB, 750x938px
>selling obvious bootlegs
You never fail to disappoint me, Facebook...
>>
>>9574805
What makes them so obviously bootlegs? Is it just that they have so many or is there something about the art that tips it off? I'd like to get better at being able to spot bootlegs myself.
>>
>>9574809
The top two pics are fake. There aren't official badges of those illustrations.
>>
File: 1482512610435.png (173KB, 512x720px) Image search: [Google]
1482512610435.png
173KB, 512x720px
>>9574809
They just took the card art from the game and put it on badges. Also those "I heart x" badges piss me off, surely people can tell you love that character if you have a whole bag dedicated to them?
>>
>>9574811
>>9574824
Okay, thank you for the answer! Heavy familiarity with the existing merch really does help.
>>
>>9574811
Does it count as a bootleg if there's no official merch to base it off of, though?
>>
File: 1483697763301.png (270KB, 1017x1162px) Image search: [Google]
1483697763301.png
270KB, 1017x1162px
>finish my Fallout jacket
>have full outfit for my husbando
>people start making lots more New Vegas merch
I'm going to have to make a matching bag lads...
>>
>>9574850
Yes. Bootleg means unofficial.
>>
>>9574850
The big difference is if you're trying to sell it or not. Bootleg does mean unofficial but the issues people have is when selling these things and trying to pass them off as official like with what happened to >>9574082
>>
>>9574850
I think it counts as bootleg because it is using official art. If they were printing their own fanart, it wouldn't be bootleg. If they were printing someone else's fanart, it'd be art theft. And I guess bootleg is a kind of art theft.
>>
>>9574863
which character anon? I've been thinking of making a new vegas one too
>>
>>9574869
Ah, I thought bootleg only referred to fakes of official merch.
>>
>>9574887
Outfit is Vulpes Inculta themed just because I ended working on something that so heavily involved him I got way too attached to such a minor character... Probably going to make a general New Vegas bag or Caesar's Legion one just to keep it simple. What are you thinking about?
>>
>>9574896
nice! Be sure to post pics if you end up making it, I'm looking forward to it! I'm thinking of either making one for Yes Man or Benny, gonna see what merch is around and what I'll have to make myself
>>
What kind of quality are base bag from Taobao?
>>
>>9574811
>>9574876
But a few people here have encouraged making buttons from official art and/or mangacaps if their bag is of an unpopukar or obscure character, no?
>>
>>9574917
Depends on the bag
>>
>>9574934
I'm thinking about this one
>>
>>9574933
keywords being:

> unpopular character
> for their bag
>>
>>9574933
I think the key is selling it.
Selling that kind of thing is pretty cheap and bootleggy, but using it for yourself is fine.
>>
>>9574933
The answer is a combination of this >>9574966 and >>9574981 this. "Bootlegs" (items that don't exist for unpopular characters/series) are okay if you make them yourselves and aren't trying to sell them and pass them off as the real thing. Bootlegs are only a problem if you're trying to sell them to others, and are especially looked down upon if you're trying to sell them under the guise of being legit.
>>
>>9574981
This. Printing it for strictly personal use is really similar to printing an official illustration to tack on your wall, it's harmless. Printing official illustrations on paper to sell for profit and posting them next to people selling official merchandise, so everyone is led to believe it is ALSO official merchandise... that's scummy. Same thing with badges.
>>
>>9575190
The seller in question has been talked to and she's marked the items as unofficial. I know she's marked them as such in the past so I think it was an honest mistake that it was left out.
I don't quite agree with her selling them but at least it's clearly marked now.
>>
>>9574811
I own some badges I made from official art for my bag.

But I sure as hell don't sell them
>>
Where do people find others with OC ita bags? So far I have only found one person and honestly I would love to see more.
>>
File: Capture.png (660KB, 483x550px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
660KB, 483x550px
>>
File: IMG_2079.jpg (64KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2079.jpg
64KB, 600x600px
>>9575685
>>
Some fresh hell straight from the Arda facebook post
>>
>>9575733
Dropped pic
>>
>>9575737
More from the thread but I secretly love this.
>>
>>9575737
The base being a bootleg makes it even better
>>
Have there been any comparisons of the quality of the taobao cat ear bag vs the aliexpress cat ear bag? I was planning to get the original from Taobao but I found out my hours at work are being cut, so I have to be a lot more cautious with my money since school starts again soon.
>>
>>9575739
This is so ugly. The stuff all clashes with the base bag. And all the stuff inside looks like shit you'd find between the cushions of a couch in an estate sale.
>>
>>9574910
Awesome I'll keep an eye out on anything with them that pops up then! Mostly just redbubble merch right now (though esuerc has a Benny print avaliable as a tote I quite like if that's your scene), but I love to share
>>
>>9575739
>granny bag
Not sure how I feel about this..
>>
>>9575739

I would like this pinbag a lot in the gold version of this base bag
>>
>>9575739
Granny brooch bag would be okay if it wasn't for that random ass keychain in there. It's bothering me that I don't know what it's of.
>>
>>9576125
I feel like the gold on gold would be too much
Black or something would work, though
>>
Saw this up on amiami, does anyone know if it's associated with any franchise or just a general itabag?

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=GOODS-00166698
>>
>>9576269
>amie original item
Guessing that means it's an original design and not anime related.
>>
>>9576269
It's a base bag and it's excluse to amiami. It's of their own design.
>>
Do you prefer it when your bag's subject is from an out of print series or from something with merch still releasing? On the one hand there's ease of access and the excitement of new things, on the other, you don't have to worry about budgeting for things like limited straps that you might want that don't exist yet.
>>
File: IMG_2971.jpg (68KB, 333x489px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2971.jpg
68KB, 333x489px
Trying to decide on a basebag color for my Kento from B Project itabag.

Like I was between blue or black? I have a lot of acrylics to put on the bag so I don't think black is the best idea? But I also already have four blue Itabags and wanted to make this one a bit different? Any suggestions?

>pic related. It's my bae Kento.
>>
>>9576456

He'll get lost on black. Grey, maybe?
>>
>>9576466
He does have grey in his outfit so it might work? I haven't seen many grey basebags though.
>>
>>9576456
lime green imo
>>
>>9576456
Id say yellow or white, depending on what color comes up on his merch more frequently.
>>
>>9575739
This would be 10x cuter with a base bag that actually matched the theme
>>
>>9576482
While tempting, I want the merch to be the more outrageous then the color of the bag lol
>>9576491
Huh, didn't think of white. That could work better then yellow for my aesthetic and if I use white then I can use the other colors to as accent colors if I wanted too.

Thank you for the suggestions everyone!
>>
>>9575733
There was one person who had a panned out photo of like 5 bags, I wish they had shown each one up close because the purple and blue one looked nice from a far
>>
Some bags on Salus are 20% off.
>>
>>9569066
I love this, saving for insp! Praying you get that big acrylic anzu to match Kirari's.
>>
>>9574946
oh jeez this is cute, link please?
>>
File: IMG_20170727_184059.jpg (148KB, 638x930px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170727_184059.jpg
148KB, 638x930px
IT TIME
>>
File: 02_U12-600.jpg (87KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
02_U12-600.jpg
87KB, 600x800px
>>9576456
I'd go for a really light blue like this. then it's nearly white so it won't drown him out, but still contrast what seems to be most of his merch and his pretty eyes. Yellow would kind of lock you into that outfit and it's hard to work with (I own 3 yellow bags I know). You want a color that will still bring out HIM but work with any outfit he throws out. So grey or blue IMO.
>>
>>9576850
omg this is so cool anon
>>
File: IMG_8004.jpg (161KB, 1242x589px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8004.jpg
161KB, 1242x589px
Oh man, fresh from the Facebook group. I can't see this ending well.
>>
>>9577166
I hope they at least ask for the order number and last name to confirm.
>>
Is there a limit at which it's no longer advantageous to combine orders at your SS, like to combine them into multiple smaller boxes instead of get them all at once?
>>
>>9577319
For me, in Canada, it's best to keep them all as not couriered packages. I always get hit with customs on courier packages, and I almost never do on regular mail packages. So I let the value/weight go up to the max for standard post, and if it's above that, I'll split it into multiple shipments. I'd rather pay an extra $10 for shipping to avoid the huge customs fees.
>>
>just won an auction for rare husbando merch
>$60 plus forwarding service fees

Fuck. I don't feel like a winner, but shit's going to look so good on my bag.
>>
Someone posted on the Facebook comm about those full clear window wego backpacks saying they found "authentic" ones in Hong Kong. Does that sound suspicious to anyone else?
>>
Anyone else who ordered from cheapestbuttons on Etsy, what did you think? I just got mine and they look awful...
>>
File: 20170727_210156-668x488[1].jpg (126KB, 668x488px) Image search: [Google]
20170727_210156-668x488[1].jpg
126KB, 668x488px
I didn't want to shell out for the tower records rubber bracelet holder, but I saw a recommendation on pinterest of using a brass brad to hold one in a similar way.

I don't think it's super durable, but the only thing that could pop off and be lost is the brad, and I have a covered bag anyway so it shouldn't get much wear. Maybe someone else is trying to figure out how to use a rubber bracelet or can improve upon this idea, since it isn't the prettiest.
>>
>>9577433
I've been putting together a bunch of buttons for a bag and I was planning on using them.

If it's nothing too embarrassing, could you post pictures? Is the printing quality just really bad?
>>
File: SAM_9361.jpg (414KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
SAM_9361.jpg
414KB, 1024x768px
>>9577451
diff anon, but I use to use them before I got my own buttonmaker.
The quality is okay, this is probably the worst I've gotten.
>>
File: whatintarnation.jpg (535KB, 756x760px) Image search: [Google]
whatintarnation.jpg
535KB, 756x760px
>>9577451
It's so embarrassing, but here it is in comparison with what I sent them.

I 100% know it won't be perfect for the price, but I figured with the reviews and rec on the FAQ it would be fine.

The background is the wrong color and it looks like the previous image overlapped it. The figure itself is waaaay dark too. I ordered a ton and they're all unusable.

I'd love any GOOD button maker recs.
>>
File: IMG_5764.jpg (1MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5764.jpg
1MB, 4032x3024px
>>9577487
I used this site to make some Zarya buttons and a Lucio button from Overwatch screenshots and they came out really nice. They have a couple different options for size too. Pic related
http://www.wackybuttons.com
>>
File: IMG_3109.jpg (217KB, 1044x697px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3109.jpg
217KB, 1044x697px
They're making Tsukiuta base bag backpacks and I'm so down for this.
>>
>>9577487
That's really shocking but thanks for the warning. Have you contacted them about the quality?
>>
>>9577500
Thank you! I just submitted an order request.

>>9577557
Yeah I definitely did not expect it. I wish it would have looked like >>9577459 at least from far away no one could notice lines.

I messaged them on Etsy for a refund. Their communication has always been really quick.
>>
>>9577533
Holy shit. Tsukiuta itabagger here, how do I obtain these. Is it going to be in the animate store?
>>
>>9577433
an anon from a bunch of threads back posted a comparison of one of their buttons and just a printed version of the image used....if i remember right the cheapestbutton button was really washed out.

i know they're a little more expensive, but i've loved all the buttons i've ordered from artsmoo....plus if you want a bunch of a sngle image, they have larger sets for a good price.
>>
>>9577573
I was the anon who got a messed up mousepad from Artsmoo which is why I didn't use them again.

Maybe someone could put a disclaimer on some of these shops especially if this Etsy one has given three people issues now.
>>
>>9577582
Cheapest Buttons uses a home inkjet printer, and the quality reflects that. They're not great.
>>
>>9577563
It is!!!~!! Here's a link to Shun's one cause that's the one I have on hand.

http://www.animate-onlineshop.jp/sphone/products/detail.php?product_id=1473740
>>
>>9577487
Yeah, that definitely shouldn't look like that. Cheapestbuttons are cheap and quality is meh, but it should at least still look useable.
>>
File: 432534.jpg (31KB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
432534.jpg
31KB, 704x396px
>>9576850
So amazing!
>>
>>9577582
i guess maybe i've been really lucky with artsmoo....i've ordered buttons, leggings, one of their card cases....everything has looked great. i strategically buy when i have a coupon +free shipping, so it never costs me very much in the end if the item were to get messed up. honestly, i'd give them another try anon....just make sure you're using the advanced designer for your image placement....i have better luck with that one than the basic one.
>>
>>9577402
Wait, $60 just for one thing?
>>
> people encouraging mixed bags
Facebook was a mistake.
>>
>>9577731
I love how you sound surprised.
>>
File: DFoPPUpXkAAqcCe.jpg large.jpg (109KB, 760x760px) Image search: [Google]
DFoPPUpXkAAqcCe.jpg large.jpg
109KB, 760x760px
I can't decide if this is cute or if this is a mistake.
>>
>>9577731
Yes, it's an item that was only available for a single event in Japan, so limited availability and my husbando being one of the most popular characters means steep prices.
>>
>>9577781
I never expected it to be THAT bad for popular characters...
>>
>>9577782
I think it's cute? You can still have your decor but if you feel uncomfortable touting it at any point or want to even have the premise of being normal you can flip the bow outward for a normie look.
>>
>>9577792
Nyart but I paid 75$ for a set of keychains +shipping. It gets high the more popular the charcter and rare the actual thing.
>>
>>9577827
Character tax

I paid 5000¥ for a paper coaster from a Sega cafe. I fucking regret it, it came damaged
>>
>>9577843
I almost paid around $35 not including shipping/forwarding service for a single sticker and then decided not to.

I kinda regret it now because it was official art of a character who was mostly cut off in the original picture and the sticker had him unobstructed/not cropped off.
>>
>>9577786
Who is it, anon?
>>
>>9577782
Eh it's basically another "hide your shame" bag where it's supposed to look normie until you get to the event or the right neighborhood. I bought one to use as my daily bag but it's just a plain design on the 'normal' side.
>>
>>9577857
It sounds like Chuuya
>>
>>9577433
I had an order come in about a week ago, and they look pretty nice. One of my buttons has a dent/scratch on it so there's a white mark, but I can cover it up with sharpie. I guess it's a YMMV thing, but you can definitely tell they're inkjet printed.
>>
>>9577684
Speaking of artsmoo how do you get to the advanced designer? I've redownloaded silverlight twice and it still won't work
>>
>>9567202
Zura!!!
I've started on a zura itabag myself too.
>>
>>9577900
not sure which browser you're using, but i know firefox and chrome disabled basically all NPAPI plugins except for flash with their recent updates....i actually had to downgrade my firefox to a slightly older version so i could keep using silverlight.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/npapi-plugins
>>
>>9576646
Thank you! I am hunting it at the moment because it would be great ro match them!!
>>
I have a small package with a button and a few stickers stuck in shipping limbo. It's made it stateside at least, but the most recent update was on the 13th and says "Processing at delivery Post Office" with "Scheduled delivery date" in the details section. Anyone had this problem before?
>>
>>9577765
The FB group always makes me cringe or angry. Glad I have you gulls to vent to.

>>9577731
Character tax is painful anon.

>>9577782
I like the ability to hide my power level when I don't feel like talking to people about my itabag. I prefer this cute design on one side, rather than just a plain back.
>>
>>9578146
I had an e-EMS order say this and then got delivered the next day. I don't actually know why the date wasn't included, but it arrived fine.
>>
>>9577765
Mixed bags never look good. I wanted to try making one with a solid theme among the characters, but I realized how much it clashes and now I have a bundle of keychains and pins I'll never properly display.
>>
>>9577782
I actually really like this. I may get one for my next bag as I'm already growing out of my tiny bag.
>>
File: 1456601081333.png (268KB, 982x461px) Image search: [Google]
1456601081333.png
268KB, 982x461px
Flashback to this insane purchase.
>>
Does anyone have any pics save of people customizing the exterior of their wego heart bags?? Looking to add some flair to mine.
>>
>>9578218
Imagine if it arrived broken.
>>
>>9578241
>>
File: C9VW2uoXcAAJGuZ.jpg (313KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C9VW2uoXcAAJGuZ.jpg
313KB, 1200x1200px
>>9578256
>>
File: 1498766275513.jpg (174KB, 1104x624px) Image search: [Google]
1498766275513.jpg
174KB, 1104x624px
>>9578257
>>
Man these bags are so cute
>>
>>9578269
>>
>>9578271
>>
>>9578275
>>
Do you have pics of really full heart bags? I've never managed to find a heart bag that had the window entirely covered in merch and I'm starting to wonder if it will even work/look nice since all I can find are either half empty or one of those really aesthetically arranged fancy looking bags.
>>
File: tumblr_oq6558saOW1qj5tpfo1_540.jpg (85KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oq6558saOW1qj5tpfo1_540.jpg
85KB, 540x540px
>>9578306
From a few threads ago.
>>
>>9578350
>>
>>9578355
>>
>>9578363
This is technically overstuffed but whatever.
>>
>>9578365
>>
Any good resources for cleaning rubber straps? I got a lot of 4 from like 2004 that someone obviously used as actual keyrings for years. I tried woodglue and it helped, but left some dirty patches. I'm thinking magic eraser?
>>
>>9578410
Just use elmer's school glue.
>>
File: guessilldie.jpg (18KB, 401x401px) Image search: [Google]
guessilldie.jpg
18KB, 401x401px
>Merch for character only available as preorder bonus for a box or in a box
>Order because fuck it. Don't want to pay overpriced auctions
>Need to get rid of unwanted keychains/plushes, so set up box-splits
>Nobody wants to do it
>Other people hosting box splits on same site/group have to order several boxes get everyone their slots
>Sit here with an entire full box, nobody taking slots, even for popular characters

My wallet is doomed and Wonfest has all sorts of new figures coming out now...RIP finances
>>
>>9578432
Is this the fb sales group? I know the fb sales group has this issue and box splits took over the entire group to where it's difficult to sell anything. Maybe consider just listing them on the same site you're using once the boxes come in since you'll have the items in hand or just list them as a lot sale on eBay for a decent sum.
>>
>>9578432
What is it for? Can you post a pic?
>>
>>9578445
On MFC. I don't use FaceBook. I'm honestly thinking eBay is my only option. I haven't gotten the boxes yet, but I'm already locked into preorder or have paid for it.
>>
Favorite decorated A3 size bags, preferably ft. plushies or other large feature items? Finally starting to accept that I need one for all my shit and I'm dreading the shoulder itai but looking forward to the challenge of that much real estate.
>>
>>9577593
Thanks for the link, these are so adorable
>>
>>9578410
I use magic eraser and it works fine.
>>
>>9578367
Thank you for these!
>>
File: 66346.gif (308KB, 460x351px) Image search: [Google]
66346.gif
308KB, 460x351px
>I'm an enthusiastic itabagger with multiple bags
>Always encouraged SO to start itabagging too, which never happened in the end
>Fast forward to now, SO comes to visit me in Japan where I live
>Sees all the huge amounts of anime-merch available everywhere
>Starts getting interested in itabagging as well

Coordinated couple-itabagging, is it finally time?
>>
>>9578830
If you do please take pics. This sounds magical.
>>
Dropping some FB group spam
>>
>>9579018
>>
>>9579020
>>
>>9579023
>>
>>9579024
>>
>>9579029
>>
File: Capture.png (149KB, 512x400px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
149KB, 512x400px
And the one image to sum up the FB group.
>>
File: smug anime gary filename.png (18KB, 111x119px) Image search: [Google]
smug anime gary filename.png
18KB, 111x119px
>>9579024
>multifandom bag
>fanmerch
i love when my bags are better than other people's.
>>
>>9579048
why did you quote this with
>multifandom bag
when it's all YYH?
>>
>>9579053
I thought that too but no, they're right. At the top there's a Bulma pin, a Vegeta pink shirt pin, and a BulmaxVegeta pin.

And a Super Saiyan Vegetra charm.
>>
>>9579018
>>9579020
>>9579024
>>9579029

These are all so bad.
>>
>>9579020

I love this as a base bag. The background is really cute.
>>
>>9579029
This would be 100x better if the charms were in the bag lol
>>
>>9579045
These filthy casuals need to leave.

>>9579048
>i love when my bags are better than other people's.
Same anon. I spend a lot of money and time on my bags to make them as beautiful as possible. It validates my love for this hobby when people shit out such ugly bags and think they're good.

>>9579053
There are some DBZ pins at the top of the bag.
>>
i really want to make an ita bag but idk who to dedicate it too.. all my fav characters have like no merch of them made and although i dont want it to be too cluttered i still want a handful of stuff.
im tempted to just do madoka/kyubey just bc theyre cute and they would make for a cute aesthetic with a pink/white theme
>>
>>9579201
How much is no merch, really? I'm bagging a character without much traditional itabag merch, and another I'm thinking about doing who doesn't even have fanmerch.
In either case, I have the choice to make stuff myself that I really like rather than buying things I'm not as passionate about for the sake of material.
>>
>>9579106
I saw this as a fb spam of most recent crap bags. Some aren't as bad as others but none are good.
>>
File: no.png (12KB, 492x217px) Image search: [Google]
no.png
12KB, 492x217px
>Ita-bag trend
>trend
>>
>>9579329
>only asking to see if someone can spoodfeed them merchandise listings
goddamn casuals
>>
>>9579201
If you don't know who to dedicate it to then you don't love anyone enough to make an itabag for them.
>>
>>9579045
>filthy casual
>obviously has never seen character tax
>>
>>9579048
This bag is pretty shitty ngl but people who are uppity about fanmerch are so annoying.

It's fine if you don't want it on your own bag but theres a lot of series out there that don't have official merch.
>>
>>9579442
DBZ and YYH are not these fandoms though? There is stuff if you actually look. Also no one gets uppity about it when it comes to a series that doesn't have official merchandise. YYH especially is releasing preorders on straps and such currently.
>>
I feel like I'm faking my bag if I get the Korean edition of the toy, but I'm also sure my wallet would thank me. Older series merch is difficult to find, and I feel like nobody would be able to notice it isn't the Japanese original edition. How much do I hate myself?
>>
>>9579598

The korean is cute and official, I don't see any problem unless you're going to display it in its packaging and want better continuity.
>>
The more I work on my bag the more I hate it. I think I just really suck at design.

:(
>>
>>9579424
Capping this for future use. You think this would be common sense, but apparently it isn't.
>>
>>9579598
whoa seeing this brings back memories. Man, how I wanted TMM stuff back in the day. Seeing that price on both of them makes me super sad. Good luck with your bag! It makes me happy to see one of my old favorite nostalgia series!
>>
>>9579598
I used to ebay that stuff back in the day when it was only $30, man I wish I had a job back then for how much all the toys have price hiked.
The Korean one looks nicer to me, and 90% of people probably won't know the difference.
>>
>>9579617
If you actually want advice or help, posting your WIP and anons can offer suggestions. If you're too shy/embarrassed, take pictures of all your merch as well as your base bag, and trying to arrange the design you want in photoshop/sai/some other art program before you pin stuff down.
>>
>>9579617
If you want, anon, you could post your bag and anons could offer feedback?
>>
new thread >>9579669
Thread posts: 320
Thread images: 74

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.