[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lolita Pet Peeves

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 6

File: tackyandihateyou.jpg (16KB, 350x265px) Image search: [Google]
tackyandihateyou.jpg
16KB, 350x265px
What are you pet peeves in lolita? Post what nitpicks really ruffle your petticoats and get your bloomers in a bunch.

Personally, I absolutely hate seeing girls not tie their waist bows correctly and simply tie it like it's a shoe lace.
When I see a badly tied bow, I want to go up to them and retie it. Without even saying anything.
>>
I'm peeved at all the "lolita is dying" discussion.

Who cares if something is going out of style/mainstream. You still own the dresses and can wear them whenever you want.
>>
Anytime someone says 'loli' or something along the lines of 'hello ruffles~!!' as a greeting. Super cringey.
>>
>>9563636
THIS

Fashion changes but that doesn't mean you have to change with it.

For me something that peeves me off are the people who pretty much treat lolita like a costume, and I don't mean cosplay lolitas, I mean like those that only wear lolita to special events. I know that I've been guilty of this but I'm trying to expand my wardrobe because I want to treat it for what it is, a fashion, and wear it at least weekly. Lolita is more of like a "who can be the most OTT" thing now and it kinda bothers me because it's pretty much losing its original purpose.
>>
>>9563645
>Hey Rufflebutts!
>Hello my fellow lolis!
>Sup Frillfriends!
>Yo, my Lace Lesbos!
>Howdy Pettipals!
>Hi there, Tea Party People!
>>
When the "aesthetics" of a coordinate aren't consistent. Like an otherwise light and airy coordinate being weighed down by a heavy blouse with thick lace, or accessories that have nothing to do with coord's intended theme.

Poorly styled or completely unstyled natural hair. Coming from somebody with naturally super curly and frizzy hair, it's possible to whip it into shape every day. It detracts from the overall look to have a blob of frizz or s stringy oily mess.
>>
As a mod of a online comm, I fucking hate the replica debate. It's overdone, oversaturates and pointless to bring it up. Either you're a poor fatty with no excuse, or you're actually a Lolita with class. No inbetween.
>>
>>9563653
Oh yeah i totally agree with the aesthetic thing. I saw a coord that was sweet and the girl had a super classic blouse with crazy sleeves... and fucking jelly sandals
>>
>>9563652
I would legit respond positively to Lace Lesbos though.
>>
>>9563645

"Everyloli" and "frillies" make me so unreasonably sandy.
>>
People who nitpick coords and people who want to fit everything in a box perfectly. Most people don't wear lolita to get the most likes and don't give a fuck about what you think about their coord.
>>
>>9563648

I personally have a job where it isn't feasible to wear a skirt and petticoat every day, and I would LIKE to wear stuff more regularly, but my magpie brain only ever buys OTT dresses and I have like maybe three dresses that don't count as such. So I could either sell paint in a hardware store in Luminous Sanctuary, or I could wear jeans lmao
>>
>>9563671
>Most people don't wear lolita to get the most likes and don't give a fuck about what you think about their coord.

the only reason people post coords is to get positive attention. there's nothing wrong with that, but it's true.
>>
>>9563669
That sounds like brony mischief to me.
>>
>>9563673
But anon means you can like just...wear it on a nice day to the park if you want? You don't NEED an event to be able to wear a coord, but a lot of people act like you do. You can wear coords to events, use them as a good chance to dress up super frilly, but you do not have to wait to have an event to wear a coord to if you don't want to.
>>
>>9563674
And my mum posts pictures on insta to get positive attention, that doesn't mean she wants people to tell her how to improve her jeans and shirt look.
>>
>>9563689
the online lolita community is built around concrit and it's a good thing. bad/unnecessary crit is annoying but there's a thing called "ignoring it."
>>
>>9563691
People who think like this is exactly my pet peeve. There's so much more than concrit and likes.
>>
>>9563703
wow, so deep
>>
>>9563687

I guess I conflated "wear it to more than just events" with "daily wear". I wear my dresses to more than just events with a bunch of people, but I can't do daily wear.
>>
>>9563636
It didn't help that Cathy Cat posted that video of her sobbing about the end of GLB and Kera, those kind of videos from prominent people in the fashion kinda sends people into hysteria.
>>
>>9563757
Its been dying since its inception. I don't mind if thats the case. More cheap burando for me, not been thrilled with the last couple of years worth of releases anyway.
>>
>>9563671
If you wear lolita "for yourself", post it to your personal page, don't tag it, or don't post it online at all.
>>
>>9563808
why are you so salty? NAYRT but i wear lolita for myself and post it online tagged because others also appreciate my coords and I like having an easily accessed album of my coords.

If you're trying to say people who wear it because they like it wouldn't post it online you're wrong. There are certainly some that don't but there's always different people with different thought patterns who might for one reason or the other.

Unbunch your panties ASAP pls
>>
>>9563776
>More cheap burando for me
You got it all right. Back in the golden age, finding a dress under 150$ was tedious, now I can find so much shit starting at 1$ sometimes, I recently got a 30$ Baby dress from 2009 in decent condition. Cheap brand is what I live for.
>>
When my bag is a little too heavy and squishes down my petti when I'm carrying it at the bend of the elbow.

When my otks roll or slide down my leg and I neglected to bring a little extra fashion tape.

When my wig gets caught in the back lacing or buttons of my JSK/dress.
Sometimes happens with my hair, too but wig is much more common.

When the wind squishes my petti and skirt against my legs or messes up my wig/hair.

When I forget to soak my white blouses as soon as I take them off to prevent the make up stains from sticking. I mean, you can still get them off, but it's easier to do if you soak it sooner than later.

Taking off my outfit at the end of the day. Sometimes it feels like it takes longer to take off than to put on.
>>
>>9563851
>Sometimes it feels like it takes longer to take off than to put on.
Same. It doesn't help that I get super excited about dressing up but I'm way too tired to move when it's time to take it off.
>>
>Hey frillies~!! Sweety-chan here! Not sure if this is the right place to post, mods delete if not allowed!! So I've always wanted to make a YouTube channel and I thought it'd be great to have a lolita channel! Somewhere the newbies can go to for advice, tips, tricks, and fun! XD What are some topics you guys would like to see in a lolita channel?? Thanks!! Kisses!! <333
>>
>>9563669
Everyloli is my favorite desu
I'm annoyed by the rest the stuff though, it makes me cringe, especially 'frillies.'
>>9563655
No offense but what I've seen mostly wearing replicas are average to skinny girls who also try to say "i-it's real you baka!"

Which leads to my biggest pet peeve about lolita in general as a bigger lolita: Skinny girls trying to pass off replicas as real. Fatties are almost never able to beause it's obviously a size that the dress does not go to. If you fit the dress and choose a replica instead of saving your money, you should not be in lolita. And if you don't fit, indie taobao is a great option with better quality. There just isn't any excuse for replicas anymore, even for obese-chans.

Specifically cgl pet peeve: I don't like the fact that people get buttblasted over essentially nothing. Yes, we get it. We see the namefag. We see the tripcode. Yes, they probably are self posting. Most of us know when something is bait.
Why are you pointing it out and then not letting it go? Our ability to beat a dead horse until it derails a thread to the point of being nuked amazes me constantly.
>>
>>9563652
ngl I can't hate "pettipals"
>>
''didn't see one in the catalog''
''old thread went into autosage''
>>
>when the wind parts my blunt fringe that i just spent forever curling under and hairspraying the moment i walk out the door
>when my petti dies after walking around for less than 3 hours
>dresses that are shirred but have no zipper and i have to try not to ruin my hair and makeup getting them on, as well as OPs with a zipper under the arm they are frankly impossible to put on
>c u s t o m s f e e s
>>
>>9563893
Ugh when newfags that start a thread that we already have one going it really make me see red
Use the search bar if you can't see it just to be sure because jfc we don't need three generals and two ita threads
>>
>when the zipper gets stuck at the waist seam

doesn't matter whether it's a tight fit or totally loose or from a major brand or handmade, it happens every fukn time
>>
Didn't we literally just have one of these threads like two weeks ago? /cgl/ is nothing but unpopular opinions and confessions threads lately.
>>
>>9564158
>dresses that are shirred but have no zipper and i have to try not to ruin my hair and makeup getting them on, as well as OPs with a zipper under the arm they are frankly impossible to put on
Then you do your hair and make-up after putting on the dress.
>>
>>9564245
>bitching that we had a similar thread two weeks ago

Who hurt you
>>
>>9563652
>lace lesbos
love it
sign me up for those lace lesbos
>>
>>9564248
kek
>>
File: tumblr_inline_mzpq3ht90g1rwn40l.jpg (53KB, 500x608px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_mzpq3ht90g1rwn40l.jpg
53KB, 500x608px
>>9564158
>>when the wind parts my blunt fringe that i just spent forever curling under and hairspraying the moment i walk out the door

JUST
>>
>>9563808
I don't post often, but when I do it's because I want to contribute to the community
I like looking at coord pictures from other lolitas
So presumably some people would like to see mine too
I feel obligated to contribute or "give back" from time to time
>>
>>9564248
Because it's an obvious sign OP is new and hasn't been lurking. I'm not going to repeat the same opinions again.

>>9564319
I agree with this, contributing worn photos of a dress is useful for the community.
>>
>>9564158
Time to invest in a better petti, anon.
>>
>>9564366
Have you considered, and I know this is crazy but hang on with me, that some people don't come on here 24/7 and don't want to scroll through archives for a thread that's essentially just gulls bitching? It's not like it's useful information that has already been stated, it's on par with feels threads.

Maybe they didn't get the chance to share their opinion and wanted to create a thread for others to do so as well?

ofc this is all just insanely far fetched but it's an idea.
>>
>>9563869
kek

>>9564191
Welcome to summer when half the catalog is shit that should just be in the help thread

>>9564206
I hate this, it makes it so difficult to zip myself into something when no one else is home.

To stay on topic, my main pet peeve is when someone's leathers or metals don't match. Accessories are so important.
>>
>>9564319
Its so hard to find pictures of a dress sometimes. I'm still new to the fashion so seeing what clicks and looks nice is really helpfull.
>>
One of my pet peeves is when you go to a ticketed tea party and have to deal with a "buffet" spread.
Lolita is a refined experience for me, in every aspect from attire to how I'd like to occupy my time while dressed up. I at least want to be served if I'm paying money to eat shit scones and packaged biscuits. Not to mention I despise that people who lack portion control tend to go first and clear out as much food as possible. I also dislike having to stand close together where there's food while wearing lolita. That's a recipe for disaster! One swift flick of a tong and that blueberry could come hurling down on my dress.

I might sound prissy af but hey, it's a pet peeve thread
>>
When people borrow or are gifted pieces but pretend they bought them themselves
>>
>>9564246
id rather not spill setting powder down the front of my white blouse or spray hairspray over my brand
>>
>>9565334
It's not prissy, some people are animals. They go to a (cheaply) ticketed event that has an explicit rule of 3 items on the first pass, and just grab a handful of shit and are back in the line before everyone has even gotten their first round in. It's disgustingly rude and I wonder who raised these people...
>>
>>9565398
Something I do in this case is wear a bathrobe over it while I'm getting ready.
>>
My biggest pet peeve is when people don't style their hair for their outfit.
Like, I often go to meet-ups and most girls have styled their hair or wigs in a nice manner.
But then there is always a group of people who have these basic bitch normie hairstyles that look nice with any other /fa/shion but lolita. And they don't even try to make it work, they usually just slap a head-eating bow on it.
I have long blonde hair and I do my best to keep it loliable with my bangs and such. And then to my first meet-up a girl just wears a huge bow on her hair that was like pic-related.
Also, I hate it when people don't comb and style their wig, it just looks costume-y this way.
>>
I cannot stand the word "lovely." It is so ridiculously overused in the community that even hearing a normie say it is super irritating, although I do know they don't know any better.

Find some new words pettipals.
>>
Cosplay or really shiny wigs, they just ruin a good coord
>>
>>9563851
>When my bag is a little too heavy and squishes down my petti when I'm carrying it at the bend of the elbow.
>When my otks roll or slide down my leg and I neglected to bring a little extra fashion tape.
>When my wig gets caught in the back lacing or buttons of my JSK/dress.
>Sometimes happens with my hair, too but wig is much more common.
>When the wind squishes my petti and skirt against my legs or messes up my wig/hair.
All of this right there. Makes me feel like a mess. I take an hour getting ready just for the wind and everything to ruin everything.
Also:
>when it's hot and you're feeling sweaty and gross
>when your petticoat's elastic is starting to hurt you but you can't take it off
>>
>>9564158
>customsfees
That shit too. I FUCKING hate it. I have no words to explain how salty it makes me.
>>
>>9565449
I love those hairstyles with lolita as long as they're not masculine looking
>>
>>9565498
>>9565449
This, as well as unnatural colors in a coord that doesn't go. Crazy pastels is fine for sweet but don't wear short hair dyed blue in your red classic coordinate
>>
>have naturally wavy fluffy hair
>if i try to straighten it, it fluffs back up and looks terrible overall unless i fry my hair
>if i try to curl it to get beautiful princessy curls i look like a poodle twenty minutes later
>doesn't help that my hair is shoulder lenght and i can't grow it or else it makes my face look too long
I fucking hate it and i don't like wigs so i'm condemned to suffer forever.
>>
people who think they can invade your personal space bc you're wearing something unusual. like yes, i am wearing a petticoat. yes, if you asked i would lift the corner of my skirt a little so you can see what that looks like. NO YOU MAY NOT TOUCH. i have had people grab me by the hand and say "oh you have to show so-and-so" and actually lift my skirt to see what holds it up.
>>
>>9565607
Have you tried finger curling it? I have jew hair and its its wavy so I know how you feel.
But when your have wet hair, try curling it into tight sausage ringlets with your fingers and keep curling them as your hair dries.
Its worked for me and given me loose ringlets once it dries.
>>
File: hangain_38.jpg (98KB, 550x734px) Image search: [Google]
hangain_38.jpg
98KB, 550x734px
>>9565638
Oh thanks for the tip anon! It's like pic related but short so it can be pretty annoying.
>>
>>9565631
Same, these people are fucking rude. What fucktard think it's ok to lift a girl's skirt ever? Some people are so retarded and have absolutely no manners, it's astonishing. Didn't your mom or dad tell you it wasn't ok to do that as a kid? Have you been raised by actual monkeys? Jesus.
>>
>>9563653
Ugh yes, the accessory thing is my ultimate pet peeve, especially gothic dresses with sweet accessories like heart bags and big head bows.

Sometimes it can look good if the coord has an overall gothic feel with hair, makeup, shoes etc but usually it's just sweet lolitas trying to shoehorn new in dresses. Hurts my black goth heart everytime

Also mixing lace types, like an oldschool coord with a modern blouse that has net lace. In fact, I just hate net lace in general, it looks cheap.
>>
>>9563636 >>9563648
It's the logic I love;
>Lolita starts as a handmade alternative street fashion
>Enough of a following develops for companies to produce seasonal collections of Lolita pieces
>Becomes a "trend", hit a peak of maximum market saturation and then starts to dip down

... Usually the "next step" in this cycle is for the look to revert to an alternative street fashion. And what's wrong with that, gulls?
>>
>>9565662
I love mixing gothic and sweet lol
>>
>>9565669
A lot of people think the next step is that it just becomes an online and anime con thing. But people who wear lolita in the street for no reason don't feel like posting their coords online because people like >>9565662 want you to use the same lace and no Milk bag with your Moitie or whatever.
>>
>find well priced dress on LM
>good condition, get a few extra proof shots
>buyer has good feedback
>conduct sale
>dress arrives in a few days
>smells like cigarette smoke

Are you fucking kidding me? This has happened to me three times now, maybe I'm just extra salty but I consider a pungent odor that's infested the dress minor damage. If you smoke around your dresses thats fine but for fuck sake please say in the description that the dress is from a smoking friendly home. Or dry clean it/dryer sheet bomb it before sending it. If you're somehow embarrassed about letting people know you smoke then stop fucking smoking. I'm a former smoker and it took years to get the smell of smoke out of my house, I don't want that shit all over a dress I paid 300 goddamn dollars for and have that smell back in my house.
>>
>>9563815
agreed. maybe some of us like posting online because it's fun to share things you enjoy? is that so wrong? its sad sacks of shit like you that think every post has to be for the sake of attention whoring bc you're probably just j e a l o u s
>>
>>9565449
i agree. sad hair that's not styled ruins a coord. as does no makeup, in my opinion. I dont understand making sure you're coordinate looks on point and then your face is ruddy and uneven. It really ruins it for me. just some foundation, blush, and mascara can go a long way.
>>
>>9565652
No prob. Look for other ways to get "no heat curls", because if youre like me heat just means frizz and fried hair.
>>
>>9565687
Request a partial refund because smoke scent is still smoke damage. You should be able to take care of the smell at home, but if you spent $300, take it to a dry cleaner's, send the receipt to the seller for an additional refund and leave negative feedback.
>>
>>9565631
>>9565654
There's a girl in my comm who seems to have appointed herself my lolita mentor. I've been wearing lolita since 2007 but since I'm new to this comm, she feels the need to constantly give me "helpful pointers". A few meetups ago I was coming down a flight of stairs and she lifted up my skirt all the way to my crotch to "helpfully" check if I was wearing bloomers. Fortunately I was, otherwise I would have flashed upwards of 20 people.
I don't mind so much when little old ladies get excited and want to touch my skirt or see my petti. When it's another lolita doing this, though? Fuck that shit. Considering the way this girl behaves in general though, I wouldn't be surprised if she was raised by actual monkeys.
>>
>>9565756
Did you tell her it was not an okay thing to do?
>>
>>9565756
Complain to the mods about sexual harasssment. Pretty sure they will see this girl lifting others skirts as not OK
>>
>>9565398
>take towel or scarf
>tuck into front of dress
>do makeup without worry of setting powder fallout
OR
>designate an old sheet as the dress sheet
>wrap over shoulders
>empty can of hairspray on head
Or just wear a light bathrobe.
>>
Sales comm mod admin here. I'm tired of people complaining about others breaking the same rules that they themselves usually break on a habitual basis. I can't kick them out due to comm rules and the drama that would ensue.
>>
>>9565587
>"this blue dyed buzzcut TOTALLY goes with lolita!!"
>>
>>9565756
Have you told her you've been wearing this stuff for like ten years? If so, she might be jealous or feels intimidated by you or something, unconsciously perhaps. Idk but that kind of behavior sounds bizarre. Just totally weird.
>>
>>9564366
>obvious sign OP is new and hasn't been lurking
projecting on point right there desu
>>
>>9565455
I have never heard the world lovely used except in LovelyLor's name
>>
File: IMG_1300.jpg (130KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1300.jpg
130KB, 1280x720px
>>9565449
I'm waiting for the day when somebody thinks pic related looks acceptable with an alice band

So I can slap them
>>
>Itas reviewing things
I buy all my dresses on obviousscam.com and they are super high quality. This shitty replica looks exactly like the real thing and the lace is really beautiful!!!
>>
>>9565763
I was too stunned to say anything at the time and am a nonconfrontational wuss so sadly, no.

>>9565767
I might, next time she does it. Or at least firmly tell her to stop and see how she responds because she seems like one of those people who's always testing boundaries.

>>9570999
I've told her several times, especially whenever she's giving me basic advice like "you need to wear a head accessory/legwear" even when I've worn those to every single meet. Maybe she's implying that she thinks I'm a huge ita despite my experience? I don't fucking know. She rarely comments on what I'm actually wearing, just rattles off lines from the handbook and then waits for me to thank her for this sage advice.

>>9571180
Same! I completely disregard any review without photos. At least with photos you can judge for yourself. It's too bad newbies usually aren't this cynical and will just take glowing reviews at their word.
>>
>>9565449
That pic looks fine to me though. I wouldn't mind seeing someone with hair like that and a bow on. As long as the hair doesn't look disgusting or a total mess is fine by me, it's not like wigs or hime cut are a must in lolita anyways.
>>
>>9571086
Hair like that would look cute with bows on the end of the plaits though, maybe with pearls or flowers woven through or with a nice hat. It's not a hairstyle that can't work for lolita.
>>
>>9571443
For me, it needs bangs. Without them, it just looks so incredibly basic.
>>
>It's too hot to wear a blouse!!!
>wears 80 denier+ tights
I get the weather i honestly do, but you lot sometimes look ridiculous complaining of the heat when wearing tights in 100+ degree temperatures. Buy a multipack of cotton anklets or forgo lolita for the day.
>>
>>9565652
Try pin curls too, even thogh they can look a little more vintage than Lolita, I think they look great.
>>
Lolitas who don't know the origin of the fashion
>>
>>9564305
I'm so happy that someone feels my pain.
>>
>>9571446
this. Lolitas without bangs just doesn't look right.
>>
>Sellers posting up their shoes and not bothering to list the size
What the fuck are you even doing at this point? How are you still breathing?
>>
When others (who are also lolitas no less) try to shame you for how big your wardrobe is, or how much something cost.

What I do with my money is my choice, and I've been at this for a long time. I don't appreciate being called a "brand whore" so negatively. It's not my fault that I know how to use y!j
>>
>>9571852
>I don't appreciate being called a "brand whore" so negatively. It's not my fault that I know how to use y!j
God, I hate people who shame you for having a lot of brand.
I get this shit second hand and for the same price you get your taobao shit- sometimes at bodyline prices.
I'm sorry you're a hipster lolita who thinks you're somehow better because you only get indie brand. (But really, you're just an idiot who has 0 idea how to shop around for good prices)
>>
>>9564158

A crinoline will make your life a LOT easier. Especially in the summer heat!
>>
>>9571812
Lel, I also love when I ask and they never respond but keep relisting them.
>Do you want to sell them or not?
>>
>>9571613
This bothers me too, if you can wear print tights you can wear a blouse. Go with ankle socks or fishnet/crochet socks if it's that hot.

Or something I've seen on CoF a bit recently, people complaining it's too hot to wear a blouse but then wearing a wig *and* clip-on extensions. Wigs are far hotter than any blouse.
Thread posts: 98
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.