[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LEGEND OF THE MOON LA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

File: oshiokiyo.jpg (484KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
oshiokiyo.jpg
484KB, 800x800px
Who's going?
Are you going to be cosplaying?
You better!
Or you'll be punished!
>>
no I am not going
so please... PUNISH ME!
>>
>>9562477
Whaaat I can't believe no one on 4chan from CA is going. Am I going to be the only autist there?
>>
Didn't hear about it until now and I'm actually taking a trip to LA during that time, I might have to stop by. Is it a stand up event or sit-down? I'd bring my NQ serenity dress but I wouldn't want it to be stepped on in a crowd. I have a couple other versions of sailor moon and sailor neptune on hand otherwise.
>>
File: IMG_0078.jpg (197KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0078.jpg
197KB, 960x960px
>>9563122

>Event 21 and over!

Sweet! Maybe they're trying to avoid the cringyness of the east coast sailor moon pseudo prom!

>Fireflypath and Makelight studios to be there!

Sweet, they're pretty cool! Weird they got announced so close to the event, but hey, stuff happens!

>Attire is cosplay, formal wear, and club wear.

Wait club--

>Almost no pictures of venue on venues site.

>Turns out club has a history of sketchiness.

Hold on what-

>~*Premium Moonie VIP~ events include tarot card reading...

>And sailor moon themed burlesque dancers (pictured)

>entertainment provided by local sailor moon hip hop group

So.

It's basically like the shitty east coast sailor moon prom except with fat chicks doing burlesque routines to bad dubstep?

Honestly anon, skip NQS, but bring a camera. This is sounding like a bad mix between a creepy con rave and that one shitty stall at the rent faire even rent faire people are too embarrassed to go near.

This is looking like it's going to be hilarious.
>>
File: IMG_0076.jpg (147KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0076.jpg
147KB, 960x960px
>>
File: IMG_0079.jpg (200KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0079.jpg
200KB, 960x960px
>>
File: IMG_0443.jpg (376KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0443.jpg
376KB, 960x960px
>>
>>9563122
I'd say stick to Neptune or anything else in a fuku. This seems more like a themed rave than a cosplay gathering.
>>
>>9561823
Yeah it says right on the Facebook page that you're looking for cosplay, formalwear and club wear.

Why should we bother bringing elaborate costumes to a bumfuck dive bar in LA on a Friday night when most people there are just going to be in their spandex and cat ears or whatever prom dress they feel works for the character?

Even the performers you have aren't in cosplay, dude.

Look, we want an awesome big sailor moon gathering in the LA area, we really do. And last years was great fun! Who wouldn't want a Sailor Moon Masquerade!

But I don't know what the hell you're going for this year.
>>
Well, I'll let you guys know how it goes.

I'll be dressing up as mamoru chiba.
>>
This looks like a trainwreck. I've been looking for future anime events to do in the LA area but this is not what I was looking for.
>>9563302
If they're good dancers then that at least might be fun to watch, but I'm not holding my breath
>>
>>9563595
Yeah same here there doesn't seem like much happening since AX this year but hey all prejudice aside I won't know how it turns out until I go.
>>
>>9563595
Same. I was really hoping for a cool opportunity to meet other Sailor Moon cosplayers. Honestly I liked the idea of that Moon Kingdom Masquerade from earlier this year and I was hoping this was going to be like the West Coast's answer to that.

But in my experience the only thing more cringe than con raves have been the eight million 'Club Cosplay's they've been trying to do out in Orange County.
>>
>>9563587
God speed, my son. When you've got fat chicks doing burlesque that's when you know getting tail is going to be a breeze.
>>
>>9563616
Pls no. There has to be SOME skinny chicks...
>>
>>9563299
>a black chick cosplaying a character known for her fair skin

wut
>>
>>9563956
Honest to god her being black has nothing to do with the 8 million reasons everything about that picture is tragicomic.
>>
>>9563967
this. could be worse too, moomoo could be doing it.
>>
Still waiting for OP to explain why should absolutely anyone bother to cosplay when not a single one of their entertainment guests could be bothered

"See it's a glitter half moon on my gut im cosplaying my sears catalogue special underwear is yellow Luna wore yellow right?"
>>
>>9563301
"Sailor Moon event featuring chicks even strip clubs in LA rejected!"
>>
>>9563299
>no pictures of venue on venue site

They don't even want you taking pics inside because people online will see what a cringe fest it'll be once it's over
>>
>>9564064
To the gull hoping for the best, it is your moral duty to sneak out some pictures because this cringefest is promising to be a hilarity piƱata.

Seriously, last years event was just a cosplay get together. How did this turn into this plate of boiling hot mess?

I mean, the event is like, what, in two weeks and they're just now announcing guests and cosplay judges? Even though the event starts at like 10:00pm on a Friday and goes into 2:00am? Like, in 5 hours they're hoping to have a strip show, a hip hop show, and a cosplay contest- with added ~tarot readings- for their ~premium access~ customers?

It's LA and you've had a year to plan your ~Moon Kingdom~ event and you seriously couldn't find a better venue? In Los Angeles?
>>
>>9563299
the cringyness of the east coast sailor moon pseudo prom!

Please give details. I saw the event page for over a year, some of my friends were supposed to go but then I never heard anything about it.
>>
>>9564116
So wished I'd saved pictures from that thread!

Basically it just turned into a really awkward prom. Mostly just cheap formal dresses with wigs. Gorgeous venue, though.

Honestly though, in retrospect, next to this mess it actually doesn't seem that bad anymore.

Cosplay prom just can't beat cosplay strippers in terms of cringe. And now, in retrospect, at least their venue looked good whereas this one looks like a setting from CSI: LA.
>>
>>9563299
>Almost no pictures of venue on venues site.
The fuck you talking about?

I am not even interested in the event but a quick google search they have plenty of pictures, not to mention a google walkthrough: https://www.google.com/maps/@34.0479784,-118.3254474,3a,82.2y,156.58h,72.21t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sDw0GKEJw23IAAAQvxZLdkQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

stop being an idiot please.
>>
>>9564172
Wow that is really not helping...
>>
>>9563299
Do they just...not think it's even a little bit embarrassing for the "burlesque" dancer to be so fat, but the character inspiring her to be skinny?
>>
File: IMG_0099.jpg (531KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0099.jpg
531KB, 1536x2048px
loooooooooool
>>
>>9565135
what the hell, she is supposed to be a child.
>>
>>9566593
The anime comparison picture really just drives how creepy that is home
>>
>>9565135
this is disturbing. maybe theyre going with the canon that chibiusa is actually like 300 years old or something
>>
>>9561823
I will go but only to club
>>
>>9566973
"And next up on the pole... She's a 32 year old college drop out pretending to be a little pre pubescent girl who looks six years old but who is actually 300 years old, give it up and get your wallets out for Lola-chan~~" *has* to be new in the world of stripping intros.
>>
>>9566977
You might want to bring some industrial strength sanitizer....
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.