[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Doing something for the comm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

File: C8LrhvsUMAAH8Xv.jpg (157KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C8LrhvsUMAAH8Xv.jpg
157KB, 1200x1200px
Have you ever done something for your local lolita comm?
Why/why not?
How about for the online or global community?
Like sharing art, translations or scans...

Do you have any ideas about doing something for lolitas?
>>
One shoe to ruin them all..
>>
>>9561463
Your negativity is what ruins things
>>
I translate Taobao stuff regularly and that shoe still fucked up that photo. Who the fuck thought Vans were a good idea?
>>
Everything nice I've done for my comm in terms of planning events, getting prizes, getting guests, and generally volunteering loads of time for free has gone unappreciated. My comm is extremely ungrateful and I am so, so tired.
>>
I do amateur online and in-store SSing for my comm for free. They tell me what they want and I buy it. We work out the money later. I do get store points/stamps out of it, though.

I also let people send stuff to my house if they want because my mailman is really reliable.
>>
>>9561623
That's super sweet
>>
>>9561468
>defending sneakers in a shoe photo
>>
>>9561468
Nope, it was definitely the shoe.
>>9561567
This. As a mod: every meet I've planned, convention I've helped at, group order I've organized, and post I've made on our comm Facebook page is more than enough. Our comm is full of children who throw temper tantrums anyway, makes us mods question why we even bother. But instead, we choose to do even more!
It's hard moderating a group of salty 19 year olds desperate for some attention and drama. I hope they all get jobs or something to fill their time.
>>
File: animevodka.jpg (47KB, 447x589px) Image search: [Google]
animevodka.jpg
47KB, 447x589px
I was doing a translation about fabric types and shit for the handmade thread here, but I lost steam
this was a year ago
I have no idea if I'll ever post it just because I feel disappointed in myself
>>
>>9561795
Aww
>>
>>9561795
Please post it, anon, I'm sure it'll be very appreciated!
>>
A couple times a year my professional photographer husband can be talked into going to meets with me and getting great photos. Does that count as doing something for the comm?
>>
>>9563451
No
>>
I've written a guidebook for new lolitas in my native language and I've reposted GLB scans from livejournal when the links died
>>
>>9561567
>>9561663

I'm in the same boat. I've started doing large-scale meetups of 25-30 ppl and moved to doing fashion shows, panels and activities for two conventions in the area. Eventually I helped get our first lolita guest.

There's absolutely no respect or gratitude from the comm and no one else bothers to do anything and expect the same 10 people to run all the events.

They're also at the point where they expect these things to just happen year after year. When a con comes by they immediately ask who is the guest instead of asking if there is one. That mentality really pisses me off.
>>
>>9561456
I don't have a local comm so I make myself sweets and sit alone at the dining room table as I wallow in self pity and tears.
>>
>>9561680

The adults in my comm are doing the same thing. Adults. Married, some with kids, so I do think 19yearolds are less painful.
>>
I think a lot of you do small things for other lolitas without even expecting a thank you.
Like announcing when Antique Beast is open, warning others of scams, sharing worn photos, looking for information that isn't on lolibrary, using a SS that is slightly more expensive because you know they treat sellers better.
>>
>>9563451
Yes
>>
I'm not involved in the community at all really except cgl. I do try to keep an eye out for other people's dream dresses when looking for my own, it's just a pity when you finally found something and they either don't reply or they didn't see the message soon enough and missed out

My dream dresses are rare as fuck, let me live vicariously through you anons.
>>
File: 1474840291713.jpg (184KB, 586x577px) Image search: [Google]
1474840291713.jpg
184KB, 586x577px
>>9561567
>>9561680
>>9563488

Same.

Just......the feels.
I get so fed up with it sometimes.
>>
>>9561456
What local community?
>>
>>9561795
I'm also translating for the handmade thread. It's been like three years and I have 5 pages left.
>>
>>9571394
Are you asking what comm OP is in?
>>
I have translated things before and posted a lot of magazine scans. But I don't feel like I'm doing anything for my lolita comm. I'm a member of the facebook group but I never post anything there, never go to any meet-ups and just generally completely ignore lolita comms. I hate the attitude a lot of lolitas in (online)comms have.
>>
File: 1474840424905.jpg (116KB, 333x501px) Image search: [Google]
1474840424905.jpg
116KB, 333x501px
I've written a guide for the comm. No idea if it's being used or not but I would like to think it is a decent resource. It needs updating since more indie shops have popped up.

>>9561795
It is definitely tiring but once it's published it'll be used for the greater good.
>>
Like others in this thread, I have hosted plenty of meet ups. It's not that they go unnoticed or aren't appreciated, but my comm sure gets the most entitled people. I once had a member ask me, a few days before a meet, if I could change the date for it to fit her schedule. There were already a ton of people RSVP'd for it. Bitch, what?

We also have a lot of people who flake at the last minute, want to come to pre-paid events at the last minute, don't check the events and then complain that they didn't know about one... but the worst is people who want to have specific meets or go somewhere specific, but will not host a meet themselves. It's the same group of people who host everything and people bitch when it isn't done their way. Hosting meets is truly a thankless job.
>>
>>9574915
If your comm isn't my comm, I can tell you you're not alone. This is 100% what I encounter as a frequent host during the school year.
Chronic "maybes" also get me worked up. It's fine if you really are unsure for one meet or another, but to set yourself as maybe to every event you see and not show up to any? Annoying, and you bet I'll always consider you a no.
>>
>>9563451
Barely.
>>
>>9574942
I always put myself on maybe because the date often changes during planning and there's no other way to be updated
>>
I'm in my second year of being a part of my comm, and while I haven't hosted yet, I have a ton of plans I'm mulling over. Making the time to actually implement them is my issue right now.
I've given host gifts at almost every meet I've attended, to show how much I appreciate the effort that goes into making meets. I actually still 'owe' a couple from the last one, so when I see everyone again in August it'll be like Christmas.
At my first meet I dove right in to help set up, and everytime since I've arrived early in case the host has a dire emergency. I've helped save a couple meets that way.
I've done carpools to meets in other cities to great success as well.
Soon I'll be bringing along a proper camera to get good photos, we've only had our phones for a while now.

Et all, I'm a nosy busy body with 0 female friends so I really try to help out everyone in my comm as much as possible. I kind of feel like this in conjunction with being vocal about my opinions has alienated me from a lot of the group, but the core bunch seem to take it in stride. No ragrets.
>>
>>9561463
I figured out it was the sneaker but at first thought you were talking about the gold shoe and keked hard.
>>
>>9574915
>people who want to have specific meets or go somewhere specific, but will not host a meet themselves

This is the reason I stopped hosting meets. I thought it might force them into hosting their own. Instead, they just bitched and moaned until someone else started hosting meets, and now that person is stuck. Forever. Until she does what I did, and someone new gets suckered into hosting.
>>
>>9571528
*woosh*
>>
I used to do a publication list that had all the printed media and digital media that i could find on lolita. But after the fashion grew so much and there was a big boom in online articles and such, it was just too much to keep up with. People occasionally still use it if they're looking for ISBN numbers though so there's that...
>>
>>9575273
Where is it?
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.