[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Favorite and least favorite things in lolita fashion?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_8773.png (621KB, 484x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8773.png
621KB, 484x720px
What are your favorite prints/motifs/styles/accesories in lolita? What would you like to see more of in the fashion??

My favorite styles are pastel sweet (up to OTT sweet), gothic, hime, and old school. I love space/moon/stars, toys, unicorns, crosses, roses, skulls, Halloween, and stained glass prints. I'm also a really big fan of holographic stuff (think Cotton Candy Feet's holo shoes), chunky platforms, RHS, shaped bags, and big, fluffy, yet natural looking wigs. I would like to see more old school (especially sweet) coordinates, casual sort of everyday coordinates, OTT pastel vomit sweet (miss those days), and more gothic coordinates too that don't lean to classic.

What prints/motifs/styles/accesories that you detest/dislike? What are things that you consider ita? What would you like to see less of or wish would die out in the fashion??

I dislike (but don't hate - other lolitas really pull this off well) browns, chocolate prints, some classic lolita, horizontal row prints (like Promenade de Paris), salopettes (they fit Fairy Kei better) and low waist cuts. I fully hate and find ita split color wigs, belts (unless the coord is more vintage-y), steampunk lolita, blouse-less coordinate trend (unless they're wearing a bolero or something), coords with no legwear, and normie, non-loliable shit mixed into a lolita coord. I would like to see less of OTT classic coords, "rulebreaking" coordinates (like honestly there's a reason why the fashion has rules, so far none of those coords are cute imo), and horrible fandom prints and dresses.

These are all my opinions and you can disagree with me or not, in the end just do you. But what are things that you gulls like and dislike in the fashion?
>>
>Yes
Solid/No prints, berets, open bust style jsk, high waisted skirts, old school, small poof, natural hair, especially natural short hair, book prints, burgundy, monochrome co ords, knees showing, rule breaking, edgy tumblr lolita, all black coords with silver accessories, long sleeved blouses, high neck blouses with cravats, twinning with boystyle & lolita equivalent, black tights, chunky boots, peeking bloomers

>No
Fruit prints, especially strawberry prints, pastel vomit, too many accessories, socks with prints, full shirring, salopettes, knee socks, unnatural wigs, scepters, stuffed toys with lolita, more than 2 colours in a coord, underskirt, chiffon, peignoirs, massive peter pan collars, teddy bear prints, waist ties, mint green, white shoes, underskirts, sunglasses
>>
>Hell yeah!
cute accessories especially if they're shaped like food,food prints, flower prints and accessories,lace details,POCKETS,ribbons floating in the wind as I walk,headbows and sidebows, pad headdresses (maxi or thin),old school black and white dresses,lace topped OTKs,casual/everyday lolita coords, fluffy hair or wigs, bags shaped like stars and hearts (or even things like biscuits,cats,...),soft pastel colors, bell sleeved dresses or blouses,2004-2009 lolita in general,natural hair,...

>Hell no!
steamponk,partially classical lolita (just not a fan of it but i've seen girls wearing it beautifully),super childish sweet, pigtails in general especially high pigtails, OTT in general (i like seeing it once in a while especially 2012 ott sweet because it's nostalgic to me but OTT being the norm is bleh),super big peter pan collars,minihats,row prints (little bear cafe could have been so cute), salopettes, babydoll and low waist cuts (even if you're skinny it just looks weird to me), split color wigs in any color, fandom/walmart fabric handmade dresses (they look terrible 99% of the time), pony prints,...
>>
File: 0906095_p.jpg (83KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
0906095_p.jpg
83KB, 480x640px
>Likes
Food prints especially drinks and parfaits and cake, pastel prints, printed cutsews, food themed accessories like hats, platform shoes, over the knee socks, cork shoes, aprons especially heart shaped ones, school/sailor themed dress, blouseless coordinates, simple solid color bags, wigs especially candy colored ones and the color combinations pink x yellow, pink x sax, pink x red, and pink x white

>Dislikes
Anything brown or chocolate themed, shiny fabric, all over printed dresses, sack dresses, high waisted dresses, sack dresses, sandal or open toed shoes, black colored sweet prints/"bittersweet", uncombed wigs, wigs with uncut bangs, thin/chiffon fabric, wigs with thick bangs, gold and silver accents, animal shaped bags, dresses that go past knee length, and the weird lavender angelic pretty uses that either looks blue or grey
>>
>Like
Fairy/Myth/Occult themes, Rococo style Classic, veils, empire waist, resting bitch face in old school and gothic, jewel tones, crowns, RHS, chiffon blouses, three strap shoes, velvet, long natural hair, beaded headdresses

>Dislike
Baby prints, short salopettes, granny boots, the "otome" brands that are still being considered lolita, steampunk, vintage, rockabilly theme, sack dresses, floppy button details, mixing in other alt fashion badly
>>
>Favorite
Hime sleeves, berets, constellation prints, marine prints, matching sets (I know they're not creative but I like to see them), parasols, any and all OTT, witch/fantasy/otherwordly themed coords

>Least favorite
Flat shoes, all food prints (I've never seen one I like and I can't pinpoint why I dislike them, but I want to be proven wrong), sack dresses, ugly glasses, high waist dresses, "edgy" rule-breaking shit,

I think I mostly fall into popular opinions, except for not liking food prints
>>
What is the point of these threads? There's one posted every few weeks and all it ends up being is people posting shopping lists of their personal likes and dislikes with no discussions. Instead of just posting likes/dislikes why don't you explain why you feel that way? And not just obvious "I like pockets because I can carry things!" reasoning, even just "I like chocolate prints because they feel cozy" or "I like couch florals because they actually do remind me of my grandma." can lead to a interesting conversation.
>>
>tacky and I hate it
vertical stripes, diamond patterns, excessive crosses, occult symbolism, circus themes, frumpy coords

>fuck off and die
edgy pastel bondage accessories, fandom lolita for any series that doesn't already kinda fit the aesthetic and is easy to do subtly (Harry Potter)

like >>9554714, I think I've posted 90% of my likes in similar threads before
>>
faves:

> THICC lace
> THICC fabrics
> structural details
> grandma florals
> tartans
> solids
> stripper shoes
> RHS
> "uniform" coordinates (sailor, military, aprons etc)

no:

> most OTT
> baby stuff/children's toys etc
> 90% of prints
> bonnets and headdresses that you tie around your neck in general
>>
>>9554725
Every time I see the edgy pastel bondage accessories I think how cute it would look as a harness for a pet.

> "Come Foofoo, let us promenade to the park!"
> As we prance in matching pastel pink
>>
>like
Military or sailor theme. No guns but I like the clean polished appearance of a uniform
Polka dots and gingham. Tacky I know, but I like em to death
Matryoshka prints
Red and blue. Some people hate them but I love the color combination of the superior primary colors.
Food prints, but I'm picky. I like fruit prints that aren't too busy and Honey Cake in yellow.
Heeled oxfords
Disney collaborations, even the tacky ones like Monsters U
Gothic prints with red in them
Music prints, chess prints

>dislike
Marine prints. I just think they're kinda ugly.
Pastel overload. I think it's ok, but much cuter to choose one or two pastels instead of smashing mint, pink, sax, lavender, and yellow into one coord.
Gothic with blue (sorry mana-sama)
>>
>likes
I'm mostly an old school and gothic Lolita, so I'm very predictable. Not an exhaustive list but some favorites:

>lace
especially when there's four or five different styles on one dress or it's custom lace. I wear a lot of black so the textural component lace adds, even on black x black is really important to me.

>velvets, chiffons, jacquards
Again, textural. I love having a variety of material textures in my wardrobe and learning how to play with that. Sometimes I wonder if I could identify every piece in my wardrobe by touch.

>RHS and chunky shoes
Lumping these together. I love how they help ground the look and they pair so well with bitchface. I even love dark shoes with light coordinates.

Dislikes:

>sack cuts
Worst trend ever because it's gotten into every brand and every sub style. I hate how they look on me. A handful of coords are cute as hell but mostly I'd prefer that trend to go far away.

>photoshop clip art prints
They look awful. I love prints that have a sketchy hand drawn feeling but the clip art-y ones do nothing for me.

Growing on me:

>grandma's couch
I'm slowly coming around to them, but I still can't bring myself to buy any

>black x Moitie blue
It's grown on me enough I have a couple accessories with that shade of blue. I refused for the longest time despite being a Moitie fan but it still happened.
>>
>>9554714
OP here, feel free to do that if you'd like! I didn't do it in the original post in fear that it would be too long but honestly I would actually like to discuss this topic with other lolitas, not just list things out.

I'll start the discussion in something I've noticed. Honestly it makes me happy to see so much appreciation for old school here, since it's not really commonly seen in other places like in CoF or Amino. I love prints and OTT sweet and all but I have a high appreciation for the simplicity and timeless look of old school. Once I get my first pair of RHS (and lose weight) I would love to start collecting old school pieces.
>>
>>9554985
YMMV but oldschool definitely has an audience on CoF. I post a few different styles and, yeah, prints get the most likes but simple oldschool consistently gets more likes than simple classic lolita does. Oldschool is trending and most lolitas browsing CoF can't tell good and shit oldschool apart - if you're thin, pretty and well-lit you can wear any old shit in blackxwhite and rake in the likes.

Also, don't know how much you weigh right now, but if you fit OTT sweet prints you'll fit oldschool Meta, not all oldschool is tiny.
>>
>>9555021
I've seen old school on CoF but it isn't too common, and like you said, some of it isn't really good. I'm glad old school is catching on again though, but I still don't see heaps of it like how I do of let's say, OTT classic or classical-sweet.

Shirred pieces typically fit me, but non-shirred don't. I'm currently in the process of losing weight though so I'm hoping that soon enough I'll be able to fit non-shirred stuff properly. I have too much bust to do so right now. In the mean time, I could get some Meta if what you say is true! I'm not into florals which is what they're typically known for in old school, but I really like the shorter OPs they released with the peaking bloomers, and their velvet stuff too.
>>
File: morgane op.jpg (52KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
morgane op.jpg
52KB, 300x400px
>>9554805
anon we have the same exact taste!

I love dresses with texturely interesting fabric, just got one of my dream dresses (pic related) because i just can't resist the corduroy. The cotton rerelease just isn't as beautiful, the fabric really makes it.
Im a hoe for jacquard, sparkling wool, tartan, chiffon... the list doesn't end.

Things I dislike.. I guess, i dislike busy patterning on the top part of dresses (jetj cmoes to mind) I'd rather get a skirt and pair it with a blouse and matching accessories etc, It's just easier on the eyes IMO.

Another thing, I also don't like the look of blouses under JSKs. I mean, I don't wear JSKs without a blouse, but I feel the compulsion to also put on a cardigan or something.
>>
>>9555117
Meta have released a lot of simple pieces if you have a look, like I've seen similar shirred pieces to pic related come up on wunderwelt a bunch. Outside of Meta, the sizing on the modern releases of the Millefeuille JSK is huuuuuge (the old ones are smaller but the 2015/16 releases go to like 100cm bust, mine's pretty fucking baggy.

>>9555119
I get what you mean, I like blouses under JSKs when they're similar colours (e.g. black blouse, black JSK) but the look of a white blouse under a darker/brigher JSK nearly always has me reaching for a cardigan, it looks super childish.
>>
>Favourite
gothic motifs, solid dresses with self-fabric detailing (pintucks, ruffles, smocking, piping), long rows of buttons, solid dresses in multi-textured fabrics (velvet dresses with twill details for the yoke, for example; tulle or net trims, or brocades), jewel tone everything, metallic accent embroidery, foil printing, or trims, skulls, roses, nautical motifs, capelets with functional hoods, pockets in skirts, corset detailing (preferably with boning for support), off-the-shoulder blouses with huge, voluminous sleeves a la Mille Fleur/Noir or Atelier Pierrot, really full skirts, cage skirts, bustles (both ruffled types and drawstring types), layers and layers and layers, bonnets, veiled canotiers or hats instead of full veils, bishop sleeves, aprons with lots of detailing, unusual collar shapes, asymmetrical hems, fairy tale or literary themed prints, occult or witchy themed prints, Meta-style wa lolita

>Least favourite
prints with toys, stuffed animals, or the like, desaturated/low contrast prints, multi-puff long sleeves (one or two puffs is fine, but more than that looks like the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man), full veils, flower crowns like 90% of the time, organza overskirts (please use a different material, I hate organza, it should only be used on petticoats), chocolate/food prints in general (there are exceptions; AP's jacquard chocolate designs are texturally pretty cool), majority of anime collaboration designs, salopettes, twin tail wigs that look like floppy dog ears, costume wigs in general, front shirring, unnecessary OTT props outside of photoshoots, most stuffed animal bags
>>
File: 120020330079.jpg (11KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
120020330079.jpg
11KB, 300x400px
>>9555117
>>9555155
Seconding (thirding?) the call to look for older Meta. They had lots of really cute stuff that had shirring with solid fabrics or seersucker. Their pintuck frill pinafore JSK used to get re-released in new colours every year. I'm not sure if they still make it, but there are so many on the secondhand market that you shouldn't have much trouble finding it or similar.
>>
>Faves
Sweet/OTT Sweet prints, childish toy prints, teddy bears, pastel vomit, sweet-classic, carousel prints, stuffed animals and dolls being carried with lolita, kawaii style deer/fawn prints, non-print Mary Magdalene style Classic that looks like they could be actual Victorian children's clothes.

>Hates
Tacky painting prints, most JetJ pieces, OTT 'grandma' classic, grandma curtain's pieces, underskirts, tea-bag skirt style in lolita, realistic deer/animal prints, pure classic prints in general, "edgy/original prints" of uncute motifs such as dinosaurs, bugs, octopi etc.

Yes I am a filthy ageplayer who only likes the cutest and youngest of j-fashion and despises prudish, grandma shit. Enjoy looking like an 80 year old matron & scaring off the dudes while I'm still looking like an adorable, sexy young thing that drives the boys crazy by playing up my innocence,submissiveness and virginity & is every het woman's true desire in life. ^:)
>>
>>9555622
Oh I forgot to mention, adding to the hate I also loathe most fandom lolita and wa-lolita, major ew.
>>
>>9554598
I was about to give you hell but then I was confused by your "Yes" category...

>edgy tumblr lolita
>under Yes
did you mean to do this?
>>
>>9554518
This is too long OP, and you should make your questions easier to copy

>What are your favorite prints/motifs/styles/accesories in lolita?
Fairytales, stuffed animals, alice in wonderland
>What would you like to see more of in the fashion??
More Moitie releases and more people posting their casual and toned-down coords
>What prints/motifs/styles/accesories that you detest/dislike
None. I just hate low quality "lolita"
>What are things that you consider ita?
When it's painful to look at
>What would you like to see less of or wish would die out in the fashion??
Whining about ageplay, people worrying about what others think and gatekeeping.
>>
this thread kind of gives me a headache for real, but here's mine:
>interesting fabrics and printless dresses
>corset stuff
>big ol' chunky shoes (specially hoe heels and boots)
>nice jewerly
>printless stuff
>aprons
>lolita outfits that you can wear dialy and still stand out as lolita without it being normie (see pic related)
>natural hair (only if you have the right volume though)
>casual lolita well styled

things liked when I started lolita, but fell out of love
>sailor anything
>pink
>fruit prints
>ginham
>ott classic
>long dresses unless it's aristocrat
>prints
>making lolita extremely normie (a la Fanny Rose)
>printed tights/socks

never liked and will never like
>ap&baby OTT sweet
>cheap looking jewerly
>those stupid ass pearl things that OTT classic girls put on their hair
>OTT coords that use wings/horns etc unless it's for a halloween meet
>mixing decora into lolita
>mixing pastel goth into lolita
>mixing menhera into lolita
>florals and busy prints
>fandom shit
>sneakers
>steampunk. just. no.
>>
>>9555622
Bait?
Anyhow, I think our tastes are completely opposite, anon. Impressive.
Good luck driving boys crazy with your ageplay if that's what you're aiming for. I think you'll catch some real good ones.
>>
>>9556243
I'll never admit it anywhere else but yes. As long as some thought went into it.
>>
>What are your favorite prints/motifs/styles/accesories in lolita?
Stuffed animals, celestial/sky/star themes, animals prints in general, rococco inspired princess cuts, regular to drop waists
>What would you like to see more of in the fashion??
More variety in stuffed animals. Give me some cute plush dinos, AP. Or maybe see how much your giraffe accessories go for secondhand and make more?
>What prints/motifs/styles/accessories that you detest/dislike
Playing cards, diamond patterns, ricrac, gingham, high waist, sack dresses, larme bleeding into lolita (I really hate larme in general)
>What are things that you consider ita?
Unkept hair/wigs, no blouse/socks/petti, no makeup, dirty dresses, low quality fabric/lace, obvious fetishy poses
>What would you like to see less of or wish would die out in the fashion??
High waist and sack cuts, fetishists and ageplayers
>>
Yes:
>All black oldschool
>all black anything
>rectangle hairdresses
>natural looking long hair (styling is whatever)
>well done nude makeup or youthful dolly make up
>gothic and baroque influences
>metal influences
>influences from rural european culture (traditional nordic, slavic, etc.)
>qi lolita
>gold and silver prints and embroidery
>slightly glittery chiffon. but only slightly.
>velvet
>chiffon
>red, black, violet, dark green, night sky blue...
>structure-reliant design over print-reliant
>rocking horse shoes
>less mature thigh high boots
>wrist cuffs
>wide princessy sleeves
>themes involving dragons and gargoyles
>themes invloving musical instruments or cathedrals
>anything to do with roses because I'm a boring gothic piece of shit
>crosses, yeah, original amirite. especially paired with roses.
>space and star themes can be executed nicely too, so yeah
>I think punk lolita as an idea could be revised into something so much better, not sure where to begin tho

No:
>bats and halloween shit
>witch hats
>any weird hats in general
>normie shit blended into lolita
>OTT sweet
>instagram hoe make up
>print-reliant design
>coords with heavy use of yellow or plastic >normal corsets not meant for high waisted skirts
>improper pettis
>exposed legs
>exposed armpits
>misa amane looking ass "erololita" with short as shit skirts and general wnb burlesque trashiness
>sneakers or granny shoes or ugly shoes in general
>two colored wigs
>99% of wigs in general desu, especially if they look fakey
>steampunk
>salopettes
>plus size. yeah, i said it. so what.
>strong contrast stripes in any direction anywhere
>belts
>rockabilly looking shit
>unflattering hime cuts
>hijabs
>>
>>9555119
This has probably been the closest to my taste. I have the MM Elektera in brow courdory and I wish it was easier to coord because I love the fabric. I also have a surfacespell dress that has a gobelin skirt and a VM velvet dress. Fun fabrics are the best.

Other likes:
>late victorian-inspired attire
I like going for the more understated with my blouses and such because I enjoy wearing them to work. I'm also a bit of a fashion history nerd and that's my favorite era.

>nautical
I can not get enough sailor dresses. It helps I live a short drive from the water.

>solid colors
Once again, I'm old and "boring". I prefer small details like pin tucks and smartly placed ruffles.

And the dislikes:
>"Loud" items
Including: really loud/busy prints (especially jetj), bright pinks, waaay too contrasting colors (aka anything "bittersweet"), and anything that really seems veering towards looking costume-y. I don't mind OTT sweet though (although not on me).
>jsk straps
I feel like 80% of the reason blouses look so weird under jsks is because jsk straps are usually so underwhelming compared to the dress. I prefer the look of them covered up somehow.
Honorable mention also goes to putting long sleeve blouses under ops. It looks weird the majority of the time.
>princess sleeves
Just not my thing
>rockabilly
Does this one need an explanation?
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.