[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Raleigh Supercon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 25

File: RSS.png (58KB, 400x200px) Image search: [Google]
RSS.png
58KB, 400x200px
will be held July 14-16, 2017 at the Raleigh Convention Center. Supercon is a 3 day festival for fans of pop culture, superheroes, science fiction, fantasy, anime, cartoons, and video games. The event features celebrity guests, comic book creators, voice actors, entertainers, industry guests, cosplayers, exhibitors, artists, and writers. Tickets grant access to the exhibition hall, panels, Q&A’s, films & shorts, costume & cosplay contests, parties, anime viewing, workshops, video gaming, board gaming, and more!

Who's going?
>>
I'm going Saturday but I'm a little leery honestly. It feels like a celebrity cash grab, half the "cosplay guests" are just local mediocre cosplayers, and they were so aggressively pushy about their adervertising at Animazement that it felt a little desperate. I'm going to give them a shot, but I wouldn't be shocked if this was a one year thing for Raleigh like Wizard World.
>>
Going Friday. Saturday too if It's a good time. Looks like it should be fun and I don't have anything better to do anyway
>>
Have a 3 day pass, but I have D&D so will probably skip Sunday. I honestly impulse bought a pass after AZ and I kind of forgot about it. I'm not cosplaying for sure.

>>9556703
This more or less. There are only a couple of guests I care about (Burton, Spiner), but the cost for a picture/autograph is way too high.

What events are you guys going to?
>>
>>9558714
I dunno. I'm going to the Wrestling matches some table top gaming/game room stuff, bullshitting around basically. Kinda weird that how lackluster this year's AZ felt and yet still had interesting events. (imo)
>>
>>9559256
This year's AZ was pretty mediocre, and I'm one of the ones who always says "it's not that bad!".

I have a feeling this is also going to be pretty mediocre. They were pushing it hard and kept the discount up long after it was supposed to end. My guess is that the registration numbers are well under targets. The autograph and picture situation is pretty silly though. I understand they can't be free, but B and C listers charging $40+ for 5 minutes of time is pretty bad.
>>
>>9559265
I see that AZ has a table there. Should I ask what are their plans for next year? Request some guest maybe?
>>
>>9559279
Save your breath, it won't change anything.

The pre-reg price for next year is the highest it's ever been at this point in time. I really should consider going to a different convention.
>>
I'm expecting more of the same types of crowds too. Like whoever was/wasn't at AZ will be there. Plus older people.
>>
The panels on Friday look pretty desolate.
>>
Will there be a meetup?
>>
>>9556703
The cosplay "guests" are people I've never heard of. I checked out some names and most of their costumes are below average, at best.
>>
File: 20170714_113304.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170714_113304.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
Decent turnout so far. Here is some pics
>>
Damn cant orient pics lol
>>
File: 20170714_112844.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170714_112844.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
Welp dont care
>>
>>9561584
How are the pre-reg lines? I thought about getting there early, but then said fuck it.

If the lines are fine I'll probably arrive around 3. It's not like there's many panels or events I'm interested in.
>>
>>9561591

Well i was waiting during opening line went to the side of building. Right now its packed waiting for dealers room. Fuck vip 260 dollar passes tho. 3pm u should be goood
>>
I have arrived and the place looks dead
>>
>>9561758
Everyone is inside the dealers room and artist alley
>>
>>9561763
I realize that now.

And is this dealer's room full of corporate representatives and as-seen-on-tv tier products.
>>
File: 1494621027990.jpg (24KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
1494621027990.jpg
24KB, 630x630px
This con just feels empty considering how big AZ crowds get.

Also fuck paying for autographs. I mean I like some of the guest but not THAT much.
>>
>>9562015
Well, anime cons are full of teens who are free in the summer and can go on Friday. Most of the audience for this con probably worked today.
>>
Who's going today? Any meetup possible?
>>
>>9562400

Btw I'll be in a striped tank with grey pants and a black cap, see if you can spot me
>>
How's security? Wanna sneak some liquor in
>>
>>9562454
Saw a couple of cops and the usual yellow shirt brigade
>>
>>9562455

Yeah figured it would be pretty lax
>>
So what's up guys, where my triangle folks at? Wake the fuck up!
>>
>>9561584

Anymore pics?
>>
>>9562454

Saw some girls openly offer a flask to a panel last night.
>>
>almost all the stuff I want to do is after 3pm and into the night
>know that if I get there early I'll be too tired to keep going by 8
>Burton's Q&A is at 12:15
literally every fucking convention all the good stuff is later and can usually be done consequentially. But then there's one event way earlier that gives me a lot of downtime.
>>
So how is this con so far? Most of the pics I've seen look kind of dead.

I know Colossalcon is this weekend.

I'll probably go later today just to see some friends that are in town but .. meh don't really want to give them my money.
>>
I predict that there won't be an American con in the next year without a 2b.
>>
>>9562621
Friday was dead for the few minutes I was there. Signs of life right now. Comic book audience is older so it takes thm a while to get out.

Currently waiting outside ballroom b for Burton.
>>
First impressions: this con is poorly staffed.
>>
What's the Vendor area like?Any good stuff?
>>
>>9562752
Depends. What are you looking for?
>>
>>9562752
Never buy things at a con unless it's con exclusive.
>>
What are you guys up to?

At Spiner's QA. Having a hard time finding interesting things, they shilled hardcore at AZ but not a lot of weebshit.
>>
File: 1391518221647.jpg (407KB, 1108x831px) Image search: [Google]
1391518221647.jpg
407KB, 1108x831px
This is seriously the best con I've ever attended.
Granted this is the first corporate con I've attended with actual guests.
Dana Snyder is even more amazing in person that I assumed, there are so many great panels and I helped a girl get an autograph from invader Zim himself.
Fuck AZ, this is the new yearly con.
>>
>>9562806
Also the dealers room is overwealmingly huge
>>
>>9562806
I think it's kind of meh, but my interests are limited to anime, star trek, and board games. If you like comic books or broader tastes then it's better than AZ tough.
>>
>>9562806
What's there? Are there any limited edition Batman or Superman variant comic covers?

I've never been to a con and I'm in the area, so I was considering it. I don't have a suit though.
>>
>>9562806

I've spent most of the last 30 hours following and harassing Snyder
>>
>>9562834
There are variant Unholy Grail, Rick and Morty and Underdog covers.
>>9562841
How so?
>>
>>9562846
Darn, no one cares about those comics.
>>
I'm in the Todd QA and there's some seriously autistic guy next to me constantly moving around and talking to himself, a baby is kicking my seat, the ditzy moderator came in late, and the screen doesn't work.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (55KB, 779x529px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
55KB, 779x529px
>at Justin Roiland panel
>all the subtle sadness behind his voice when people try to compliment him
>>
>>9562887
Literally who
>>
Semi surprised that the outside area didn't turn into the degenerate shithole it's known for at AZ
>>
>>9562903
Rick and Morty
>>
I want to go into the board game room but my anxiety is taking the better of me
>>
this was much better than animzaement

>guests I actually cared about from everywhere
>good cosplays instead of chinkshit from aliexpress
>fucking huge vendor room
>charles martinet speaking to me in mario's voice

please make it bigger next year
>>
>>9563044
I wish the Marriott and outside areas were utilized like AZ does though. Some of the crowding was pretty bad. Also some small things like entering and leaving the con area through the same opening, no line control, absent Q/A moderators, etc. But it was their first year here so I guess that stuff is excusable.
>>
>>9562806

Dana was the best, talked with him for a bit and went to the panel. The master of shakes most def. My pillooowwww. Shit went kinda dead after 2 though I thought more people would stay up and keep the party going, Raleigh needs to step up their party game
>>
>>9562919

Literally no one judges outright. It's the one place where you can be a sperg and no one gives a shit, lighten up and enjoy yourself. It was refreshing to be at a place where everyone was in a great mood having a ball. Sucks going back to reality. Best con I've been to, blew my expectations out of the water. Wish I could go back tomorrow fuck
>>
>>9562621

I got some great pics, I'll upload them later I'm too tired for that shit right now. Standout cosplays for me was the really good deadpool, jack sparrow, groot guy with his kid as rocket, mortal kombat, chick dressed as David Bowie from Labyrinth, I could go on there was so many good ones. Also had a nice balance between hot cosplay chicks and fatties, burlesque was terrible. Fat bitches that were way too confident. Good for them though I guess. The good looking ones were A+, surprised I didn't break my neck looking around there was so many.
>>
File: IMG_2814.jpg (3MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2814.jpg
3MB, 3024x4032px
>>
File: wingz.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
wingz.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
cant sleep here are some pics
>>
File: IMG_2821.jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2821.jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
throwin up the deuces
>>
File: IMG_2823.jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2823.jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
>>
File: pumpkinspice.jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
pumpkinspice.jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
>>
File: jack.jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
jack.jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
>>
File: qt.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
qt.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>
File: kombat.jpg (3MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
kombat.jpg
3MB, 3024x4032px
>>
File: iamgroot.jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
iamgroot.jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
>>
File: vader.jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
vader.jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
>>
File: braveheart.jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
braveheart.jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
>>
File: deadvsbigguy.jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
deadvsbigguy.jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
>>
File: chillinoutside.jpg (3MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
chillinoutside.jpg
3MB, 3024x4032px
>>
File: gethype.jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
gethype.jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
>>
File: hunk.jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
hunk.jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
>>
File: 131256191.jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
131256191.jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
>>
i'm out might post more later
>>
Panels I went to were pretty decent. Went to a drinking trivia and hentai panel last night that were lit af
>>
I'm guessing everything is dying down and cleaning up today?
>>
>>9563597
It's sunday
>>
File: danganmonokuma.png (635KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
danganmonokuma.png
635KB, 1280x720px
I was not expecting one of the writers for the Rick and Morty comic to be so THICC
>>
>>9563330
What happened at the burlesque? I wanted to go but figured it was all the fat chicks seeking attention so skipped out.
>>
>>9563902

It was all the fat chicks seeking attention
>>
>>9564139
Damn, I'm glad I skipped it. There were some hot girls around I would've liked to see in the burlesque show too.

Supercon was a whole lot of midriff that didn't need midriffing
>>
File: 2ivcvm8.png (105KB, 377x385px) Image search: [Google]
2ivcvm8.png
105KB, 377x385px
So who's returning next year? What was your favorite moment?
>>
>>9566075

I'll be back. I posted the pics itt. Also anon that met Dana. He was the highlight for me. Wish I could have hit downtown with him or some shit. Guess he's older now with a kid so that probably wasnt even possible, should've asked anyway goddammit don't know why I didn't

Anyway it turned out pretty siick so I assume next year will be even better, more celebs etc. If I'm still around then I'll make a thread early and maybe some of us can actually meet up, y'all seem more normal than my main boards if that means anything. Honestly haven't been on cgl since who the fuck knows when, usually browse /tv/ck/k/vg and the occasional other board. Only thought of here bc of the con, I hadn't been to one in 10~ years kinda forgot you guys existed.

Shit just ended and I'm already looking forward to the next one. Hope you friends had a good time, talk to you in a fucking year!
>>
>>9563379
the Aizawa is the only good one here
>>
>>9566510

Forgot to add, thanks DC and Marvel. I didn't realize how popular conventions had gotten but I'm pretty sure all your shitty superhero movies had something to do with it.
>>
>>9566519

Thought dude on the right looked cool and was having the most fun, don't have a clue what character though. Nice to see people get into it, a lot of fuckers were deadpan boring. Idk if I ever cosplayed I'd go nuts. Meant to talk to the guy dressed as scorpion. Didn't know if he was solo or with a group, bc I'd like to go as raiden, barraka or reptile If I did give it a shot. Johnny cage if I was a bigger guy, 4u. Looked at some pics online and most mk costumes are shitty compared to what he did.

Anyone around raleigh with costume design experience? Pls respond I only have a year
>>
>>9566075
I'm definitely returning next year. Going to actually cosplay this time.

My favorite part was meeting Charles Martinet. Not only is he the most iconic voice of my childhood, but he was the nicest guy. He signed my copy of Mario 64 and said everything he wrote in the voice of Mario.
>>
>>9567343
The signing of Mario, Luigi and then CHarles Martinet was golden.

I loved meeting him as well. Worth the 40$
>>
>>9566075
My favorite moment was when I took a photo op with Ric Flair. Woooooo!

Also, meeting the wrestlers there and having the anime voice actress sign my guestbook.

Running around the convention center with a El Generico mask.
>>
>>9567343

Have any cosplay ideas in mind yet?

>>9567808

I dont regret any purchases I made even though I paid superiflated prices for merch and 25$for custom Dana art/signature, shit was well worth it.

>>9568479

Missed Rick but talked with the guy that wrestled the French T. rex(p sure that's what he said I could be way off) he was cool as fuck, didn't see Ric. O well. I saw some fuck with a Mexican wrestler mask on walking around, think it was purple.

Anyway glad to see you guys had a badass time too
>>
>>9569016
>Have any cosplay ideas in mind yet?
I've thought about 3d printing Gordon Freeman's HEV suit.
>>
I heard this cons attendance numbers were pretty good. 30,000 people I think.
>>
>>9570978
It beat out AZ in presale alone so wouldn't surprise me
>>
>>9570978
They said it was even out-trending D23
>>
>>9572107
D23?
>>
>>9572327
I didn't realize it was such a big deal, but it was a Disney expo
>>
>>9563581
Maybe we went to the same panel, was it run by like a skinny ass guy with glasses and fatter bald guy with glasses?
Thread posts: 97
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.