[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Denver Comic Con

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: DCC_2017_w_bg.png (30KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
DCC_2017_w_bg.png
30KB, 600x600px
Since DCC is finally over, did any cgls go there? Opinions? comments?
>>
bump?
>>
Been going to all of them except 2014, and this was the most shit year yet. Poorly organized attempt at security, ass-backwards organization of convention center, prop bans... just a big ol' shit show.
>>
>>9549704
I've been going to DCC since first year in 2012 and this one was a disorganized chaotic disappointing con in it's history. I worry about how next year is going to be
>>
This was my 5th year going and my 4th year running panels (shocked they still want me back after all these years) and I have to say, it was a complete shitshow. Generally, as a panelist, we can go right in to get our badges. I had to wait outside for an hour to get my badge. I heard of a panelist who missed her panel because she could not get in. It was a mess.
>>
>>9550940
Seriously wtf. I was thinking if going but this has put me off if they can't even get their guests in the con
>>
>>9557720
It was super disappointing, especially after how great it was for the past four years I went.
>>
What's the best con in the Colorado area to go to if I can only make it to one a year?
>>
>>9557868
I would have said DCC before this year. I don't really go to any other cons here in CO, even though I live here. It just isn't worth it for me. I would rather spend the money and go out of state.
>>
Has anyone here gond to NDK? If so thoughts on it?
>>
>>9558224
I went back in 2014 when it was in the old hotel in the DTC. It wasn't that great. The panels were cringey, the hotel was hot and overcrowded, and it was overpriced for what it was. However I have heard it has gotten much better, so I will be giving it another chance this year.
>>
>>9558224
I booked it as my first out-of-state con this year and I'm anxious because I was excited about past lolita guests and events and now it looks like there won't be any lolita stuff at all.
>>
>>9559488
They caused a lot of drama with the local comm last year. There will probably be a lolita meet during the con at some point.
>>
How's the con for panelists? I got an invite back when I used to educational stuff, but turned it down because I am unawares of the scene
>>
>>9561259
What did they do?
>>
>>9561259
Seconding the lolita drama. I missed out on it last year.
>>
>>9561988
>>9562004
Since AP USA had been coming the past 5 years or so, one of the mods of the comm teamed up with them to plan a tea party/ fashion show/ panels, the works. Proposed it to the con who said they didnt have it in the budget for a tea party and basically rejected the plans. Mod decided to host a rebel tea party the Sunday of, con found out and said they were disappointed the mod didn't try to collaborate with them/ threatened to sue for name usage.
In the end, they invited BTSSB SF as guests a week before the con, and held a tea party that supposedly had handmade bows and a clearance baby makeup bag as prizes. AP SF sponsored the Rebel Tea Party and provided gift certificates, files, and post cards as prizes, plus the mod and some of the comm members supplied loads of other prizes and goodie bags as well.
>>
>>9557868
Depends on the genre of cons, if you like comics but don't like the size and over-exploited then Colorado Springs.

If you are more anime then it's NDK since they are the powerhouse of anime conventions in CO
>>
>>9559488
because they fucked over Baby and AP in the previous year with their tea party so our comm made our own AP tea party out side of NDK and gave us hell to even consider running our own "official" tea party that didn't have weeaboos.
>>
>>9562032
Wait, so are we getting either AP or Baby back this year? Has there been any announcements or plans?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.