[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Florida Summer Cons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 249
Thread images: 14

We've hit July and here come in the influx of Florida cons for the summer.

Orlando Anime Day 7/15
Supercon 7/27-7/30
TBCC 7/28-7/30
Metro 8/3-8/6
Mizucon 8/25-8/27
SakuraNatsu 8/26

Which cons will you be going to? Cosplay plans, event excitement/disappointment
>>
>Three cons a month
Damn, Florida
>>
>>9540522
The miracle is that's spaced out this year lol. Last year July had Metro, Ancient City, AFO, Supercon, Lamecon. The state is saturated af with cons
>>
Didn't last year have like 3 or 4 cons happening the same weekend? I don't think any of them were more than 3-4 hours away from each other too.
>>
>>9540522
>>9540539
>>9540616
I've heard that the reason Florida has so many cons compared to other states is because of how far we have to travel to make it to another state (unless you're in north FL I guess, but I can't imagine many congoers live up there). In a lot of other states, a few dozen miles left or right can land you in a new state, which clearly isn't the case for Florida. So we have more cons to make up for the lack of neighbor states.

I'll just be going to Supercon this summer. Feeing the crunch pretty hard.
>>
i would like to go to a con but i probably work during all of them. plus i could never go to one alone x.x
>>
>>9540501
OaD and Super for me since Super has the best lineup for the price this summer season. Skipping out on Metro with how shitty it was last year and it's not looking any better this year. Same old costume judges from last year who are a joke, fidget spinners in vip bags, and no more badges so they cheaped out to wristbands but same wonderful cost for the same content as every year -_-
>>
>>9540768
>no more badges
ugh, i hate wristbands.
I'm skipping out on Florida this year and going to Dragoncon for the first time.
>>
>>9540929
I wish I was going this year to DC. It's honestly worth dropping Florida cons for DC. It's the same shit at all these cons now and I laughed that Metro brought back the one judge from last year that people called out because C-san had done a good chunk of one of their cosplay. Good old florida
>>
>>9540637

Nah.... It's more like a penis envy contest with the cons here who try to boast bigger and better things and why you should go to con A overt Con B.
>>
>>9547306
Whether that's true or not, that would be a result of the higher number of cons in FL, not the root cause. Florida's geography just lends itself to having a high number of cons.
>>
K, I have to ask. How bad was Metro last year, like really. I went for the last two hours (Didn't go into the con, just into the con center to say hi to a few friends on my way home cross-state), and everyone said that trying to find a place up north was a much better waste of time, but I never got many specifics (except the checkpoints were a tad aggravating, but i get that due to the whole Pulse thing).
Can someone give me the shitty specifics.
>>
>>9540637
Jaxfag here, all the cons worth going g to are in Tampa/Orlando/Miami. Jax gets a few dinky cons like Wasabicon, but they're just not worth traveling for. North Florida is a wasteland in general for everything, not just cons.
>>
>>9550415
Fellow Jaxfag here, and I can agree with this. Northern Florida doesn't have a lot of good conventions; you're better off with Southern and Central Florida.
>>
>>9550126
i've done metrocon 4 times now and it's basically the same thing every year. it's not worth it to me this year because it's become damn near impossible to get a group of friends together anymore.
>>
>>9550768
Thissss. I'm half tempted to just roomshare with strangers and solo cons since nobody ever wants to go anymore.
>>
>>9540501
Supercon already huh? They'll probably be out of tickets again this year
>>
>>9541148
Sorry to run a smidge off Florida topic but what's the deal with DC? I got someone just stationed there for rotation and I wouldn't mind taking a Friday off to visit them. Seeing as how it falls on labor day weekend and I know he's saving up leave so I can stay at his battle buddies house
>>
>>9551571
And they're using the GFLCC as opposed to the MBCC this year, since parts of it are under construction. The GFLCC is half the square footage of the MBCC, so I expect tickets (at least one-day Saturday passes) to sell out even sooner than last year.
>>
This is probably a sad post, but how would a seagull meet other people to con with? My old friend group kind of grew out of cosplay and don't want to go to cons anymore, and desu aside from work I'm not sure how to even meet other cosplay/anime nerds.
>>
>>9553225

if you go to uni, check out the club. Its mostly cringy normies but theres a couple cool people.

You just have to find people you are compatible with. I met a couple coworkers that were semi-into weeb stuff that I convinced into going to conventions which resulted in them becoming regular con-goers.

Its also honestly pretty easy to go to a convention solo and find a people to be with.
>>
>>9550126
Got yelled at multiple times by the kilt squad, was accused of faking my badge, was accused of stealing my badge, the highlight of the con for me was the Boarderlands Show done by Shinobi. All the other shows were meh or were too fucking long. Second highlight was the "Worst Panel Ever" would have been first but kilt squad barged in and through out people who apparently had fake badges which they unknowingly had bought from someone, then bought real ones and were still thrown out. Unfortunately, I don't have the caps of that convo anymore.
Lots of the staff are just downright rude and the con owner and wife are fucking delusional. I've been going to Metro for over 10 years, and this year I'm not. I refuse to vote with my dollar for a shitty ass con that has done very little to improve in the past few years. I'm over it, even if I have lots of friends who still attend/volunteer.
>>
>>9553401
In addition, it's mostly fan panels and the same guests year after year. Without much variety there is little appeal.
The fan panels are either shitty q&a's with equally shitty teenage cosplayers, tumblr bs, or just not interesting. Or led by Pikabellachu who for some reason keeps being brought back as a guest for who knows what reason.
In addition there are the cringetastic mascots who they keep adding more and more to.
Long story short, I'm salty as fuck because I used to love this con and now I finally see it for the trash it is.
Save up and go to dragoncon, it may not be anime specific but even their smaller anime track is 1000% better than the entirety of Metro
>>
>>9553405
What about other Tampa cons, like TBCC?
>>
>>9553405
pikachu lady is creepy
mascots are old and ugly
costume contest judges are fat trash
panels are trash
chess match is trash
security is trash
>>
>>9554522

Speaking of Pikachu lady, did you guys hear that the keys to her bug got stolen?
>>
Thank you /cgl/ for convincing me not to go to Metrocon. I hate wasting my money and time...
>>
>>9554724
Her spare keys were stolen. Her mother still had a pair on her. The issue is that she didnt want those spare keys out there so she decided to con people out of 1k to replace her locks since shes a jobless autist. It backfired, and her fund and posts were taken down when people called bullshit on the amount.

Can she just fuck off already? Noone gives a shit about the car or her shitty panels.
>>
>>9554884
And lets not forget, Metrocon pays pikabellchu to be there. She gets a suite at the very top of the Embassy and god only know how much that costs ticketholders. Metrocon has too much unneeded costs and its not worth it anymore. I'll be going to TBCC instead this time.
>>
>>9554808
>>9554899

What about Tampa Megacon? Y/N?
>>
>>9555131
Nah. Friends and I are skipping up to AWA since its at the same time and much more to do. Mega Tampa was a joke last year. EXP con and HoliMat are next on our FL list.
>>
>>9555131
Yes definitely
>>
>>9554522
The judges are the same trash from last year so definitely skipping Metro. It's so garbage now and none of them really have any qualifications to be judges. The chick from 3kb has no impressive costumes or awards that I can think of other than putting on their shows, Mews outfits never fit her right and DeiCos whatever jumped onto the first con dick that she could ride to be popular again. Awa and Matsuri will be my last con of the year instead of Metro
>>
>>9550415
>>9550718
I kinda liked Collective Con, I feel like they are trying.
>>
I got a flyer at AFO for expcon which is kind of close to up here in N FL. Anyone suggest this one or should I skip out like other cons up here and just do Matsuri?
>>
>>9558490
You have a point.
Collectivecon is pretty decent, yeah. It's arguably my favorite local convention. You can at least feel the effort put into it. I kinda wished the Smash tournament this year was a little more organized, but I'm not gonna lose sleep over it.
>>
I guess I'll be going to Orlando Anime Day. I have nothing better to do. What should I expect? This will be my 2nd animeme con.
>>
>>9560643
I wouldn't consider it a con as much as a hang out day. It's a small market style with a dealers area and AA with some panels. If you usually just like to hang out and buy stuff it's worth the $5
>>
How are Tampa cons? I just moved here, within walking distance of the convention center.
>>
>>9554522
Fire show is rad and free and outside go just for that lmao
>>
I used to love metro. Back when it first started, when I was a kid, it was my favorite thing ever. I mowed lawns in the Florida summer heat to save up money to spend... sorry, blog post. Anyway, nostalgia goggles aside, I'm pretty sure it really used to be a good con. I've started thinking recently that maybe one of the reasons metro went downhill is because they lost Roy Harms (since he fucked up and couldn't keep it in his pants for the year maybe year and a half it would've taken to not be labeled a sex offender for life). I heard he's working with other cons now, but I don't know specifically which ones. I think omni expo is one? I wonder if those cons are any good.

Nowadays the only cons I go to are AFO and holmat, and maybe mega for a day if I have the money and time off work. It really sucks that Florida's big anime con is metrocon, since having been to AX and otakon really emphasizes how shitty metrocon is, especially for the price.
>>
>>9554899
>god only know how much that costs ticketholders
About $700 a night.
>>
>>9562253
Tampa cons I know of are:

>Tampa Bay Comic Con
>Metrocon
>Tampa Megacon

I haven't been to any cons in a few years but according to this thread they've all gone downhill. You would probably have more fun making a trip to Orlando or Miami for a bigger con there. Also, there's a website specifically for anime cons, animecons.com.
>>
>>9562558
Nick and Alex are idiots and don't know how to run a show so the issues Metro have are all of their own. Poor content, subpar shows, overzealous security teams ( fucking hate those kilt fucks the most) and a bad choices in guests with the judges and Pikabitchachu. Metro can get bent.
I love Matsuri but it's starting to be cosplayer central like Broder cons. They've announced more cosplayers at this point and its the same popular ones we see elsewhere like Alyson and shitty Moderately Okay Photoshopped. I hope they announce actual quests and not end up with mostly cosplayers
>>
So out of curiosity, as this happened a while back, anyone remember The Blogger? Like, I heard about it at one of the last supercons I went to because broder kicked one of my buddies out for being a journalist he believed was The Blogger. Anyone remember/have any info on that. Supposedly the person used to have the inside track on a lot of cons and what they did.
>>
>>9554899
wtf is a pikabellechu and why does anyone wanna see that?
>>
>>9563928
I met the person. They were just an artist at several conventions and just decided to write about the problems they faced but gave up on it
>>
File: pokemon_collector_room04.jpg (98KB, 413x550px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon_collector_room04.jpg
98KB, 413x550px
>>9563935
She's ancient. She has the biggest pikachu collection in the world and is literally obsessed. Everything is made into pikachu. She's trying to stay relevant and it's not working.
>>
>>9564024
any chance you know where the writings are, cause whenever i looked around it would link me to supercon (obviously I was doing something wrong)
>>
>>9563564
This is the exact problem I have with Matsuri. They need to get their shit together and value their panelists and industry guests.
>>
>>9564088
Pretty sure they were deleted
>>
>>9564088
Nayrt but https://flconsblog.wordpress.com/

Dude wrote a lot about different cons in Florida, and definitely didn't stray away from drama. You'll find some interesting stuff if you dig through it all. Though he does seem pretty biased against Broder, which makes me doubt some of his claims.
>>
>>9564053
Lets not forget she also carries around a plush pikachu literally everywhere she goes and treats it like another person

Would be ok if she was a kid and not middle aged
>>
>>9562966
TBCC's list of guest this year is pretty lame. I feel like most florida shows have gone down in general
>>
>>9564098
Supposedly they did scouting at AX for guests and I hope so because if its the same fucking cosplayers from last year Indra, Alyson, Cerebino, Chiro, and whoever is riding the coattails of Indra's contest I'm going to be disappointed. Florida is becoming a overrun cess pool of valuing cosfame over VAs and industry guests
>>
>>9554522
This con has been shit tier for years now. None of the good Florida cosplayers want to have anything to do with it anymore.
>>
>>9564273
Preachhhh! Conventions like AWA are becoming successful because they are bringing overseas guests and people you don't see often. While Reika is a cosplayer they were someone who prompted me to go to AWA because it's not a common guest in our area. I wish Florida would stop over valuing cosplayers that we have at almost every con down here -_-
>>
Any other student volunteers for TBCC? What did I sign myself up for? Are they really gonna pay me?
>>
>reads all of this

>all reasons why I just left Florida a while back

I'm finally free of shit-tier cos drama between everyone I half gave a shit about. The state is full of cosplayers trying to find any and every way to be cosfamous

>ask me anything I know about any Florida shit-tier cos famous drama I love not being a part of anything but still having friends with the "famous" cosplayers
>>
>>9566506
Oh please. Florida is no different from any other state. Cons are pretty chill, everyone tends to get along besides the occasional clash of personalities, and cgl has always exaggerated and perpetuated OH LAWDY FLORIDA.

Been cosplaying since 2004 and honestly most of the major cosplayers are still around. Still having a blast. Still going to cons. In fact, there was so much BS on this site through the years it made people eventually go "fuck the drama." We learned to laugh about it together and everyone pretty much gets along and parties together.
>>
>>9564958

I hear a lot of shit about Metro, but I already have a room booked and bought stuff for my cosplays. I really don't want to back out. Is it as bad as everyone says it is? Is there even a remote chance I could have fun there?
>>
>>9566868
It's fine if you're just there to hang out. The drama comes from the contests being judged by morons and the casting for the shows being rigged.

Most of the panels are fan things so they're meh tier but there are some cool things to see. Get there very early for the fire show.
>>
>>9566868
Dude, this is /cgl/. According to us, literally every con is shit, has bad staff, has bad panels, has boring guests, and has drama. Don't assume you're going to have a bad time just because anonymous Internet friends said so.
>>
>>9566868
Cancel your room. Work more on your cosplay stuff. Go to Matsuri. You'll be a lot happier and have a lot more fun. Metro is an overpriced clusterfuck of fail.
>>
>>9566868
You should try everything at least once and the overall experience is what you make of it. See the convention for yourself and then judge if you want to go back next year. I personally don't really enjoy Metro but a bunch of my friends want to go because they still want to enjoy a convention that is within the area to hang out.
>>
Supposedly I am a panelist for Supercon but they still have not sent me the schedule. It was supposed to be given two weeks ago. Seriously unimpressed.
>>
>>9567352
They just got done with their Raleigh show so all their shit's scrambled. I don't even know if my panels were accepted.
>>
>>9566889
Pretty much, if you plan to enter the costume contest don't. Save your outfit for a con with better qualified judges. If you're going to just chill, hangout, and drink then you should be fine partying it up in the hotel.
>>
Well Matsuri announced yet another guest and surprise surprise yet another cosplayer from the same Indra click Akrcos -_- Bet Indra and LisaLou will be guests too, Florida please get some actual guests!
>>
>>9568403
Lol all of them will be at Super too since Toby kisses ass a lot so don't hold your breath on not seeing them all the time now
>>
>>9568403
So only cosplay guests? Wow this has gotten out of hand.
>>
>>9568678
Just on VA Tatum and 4 Cosplayers: ModeratelyAss Cosplay, Akrcos, Alyson Tabbitha, and Colossal Smidgen. Apparently every Thursday Cosplay guests are going to be announced -_-
>>
>>9568757
This is why I can't support this con. Everyone I know is going but they are only going because everyone else is. The con itself is shit. The guests are shit. The panelists are shit. The costume contest is rigged shit for Indras friends.

It's such a shame too because it could have been good. They will still have great attendance because all the cosplayers will go and suck the "cosplay guest's" dicks trying to become famous.
>>
Browsing the Super cosplay guest list, I've never heard of half of these people before. Who the fuck are Celissi and Zippertan??
>>
>>9568811
Super=whoever Toby wants to kiss ass for
Matsuri=whoever is besties with Infra
Florida never changes so go with friends, have drinks, and make your own good time
>>
>>9568828
Hanari's a guest though. Who kissed ass to get her? Did she kiss ass to get in?
>>
>>9568828
>Florida never changes
Eh...I think the contests have gotten better... at least presentation-wise.
>>
>>9568832
Hanari just won AX I'm pretty sure nobody's questioning why she's a guest.
>>
>>9568857
>hanari just won ax
> doesn't mention she was in a group with extreme costumes who have a giant ass reinhardt cosplay

Yeah I'm sure she's the reason they won
>>
>>9568884
Extreme's Reinhardt has been falling apart since Katsucon. They won because of their Mercy and because their skit was good.
>>
>>9568832
>>9568857
Hanari is annoying especially when she begs for donations for shit like changing her name but I have to give credit where its due and her Junkrat is fucking nice af
>>
>>9568832
Sounds like a lot of vendetta, anon
>>
>>9569063
She just recently got the name change thing finalized so, personally i'm happy for her. Thats a hell of a process.
>>
>>9569177
Person gives compliment on how nice the others cosplay is, calls it vendetta.....lol ok. It wasn't like they didn't say anything false because she did go through a go fund me to get money for a name change
>>
My real problem with metrocon is their prices. After working for a company that ran multiple types of conventions I know very well how cheap and profitable it is to run an anime specific convention. The fact that they havent added anything new and exciting to their usual formula in years leads me to believe that they either have had a huge decrease in attendance and need to compensate or are just money hungry because it is apparent they havent been using the money to add anything new to the con. The fact that the tax isnt already added to the featured ticket price is annoying enough.
>>
>>9564053
how do cons realize she isn't a draw by now? Its like they enjoy setting money on fire by booking her.
>>
>>9569253
So? Why are people so hung up about her using a fundraising website for something important like a name change? Are you jealous that you don't have fans who are willing to give you money to help you in life? From what I remember she didn't have a very good job and she was struggling a lot back when she made it and its done now so why are you guys still hung up on it?
>>
>>9569404
Lol is this Hanari because the only one hung up on someone mentioning it is still you?

>>9569338
Metros management leaves a lot to be desired because you would think with buying a already successful event off of someone you couldnt fuck it up but they managed to do so. numbers dropped but they lied that it didnt, same guests along with events and the cosplay contest is a joke now
>>
Half of the exhibitor numbers don't even show up on this floorplan. What the fuck?
>>
>>9570786
I like that Supercon gets played off with oh the Miami center is under construction so we had to move it to Lauderdale even though he had already moved our other two shows. I don't think they plan on going back to Miami which sucks
>>
I'll be going this Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. (7/28-7/30)

I'm kind of new to this, but will there be a party back in their hotel during Friday and Saturday right after the rave? I'll bring some liquor if anything.
>>
File: renovated mbcc.jpg (77KB, 940x526px) Image search: [Google]
renovated mbcc.jpg
77KB, 940x526px
>>9570890
>even though he had already moved our other two shows
Those two shows outgrew the MACC, but aren't big enough for the MBCC. Supercon is their only con big enough to warrant a convention center as huge as the MBCC. Animate and Magic City/Paradise City are a bit large for the MACC, but definitely not big enough for the MBCC, hence why they moved them to the GFLCC. And Animate is in the MACC this year, so it's clear they don't have anything against Miami. On that note: isn't the MACC kinda small for Animate? Maybe 2016 attendance wasn't that great?

Oh, and Broder said in an interview that they will look into bringing Supercon back to the MBCC for 2019 and beyond (once all construction is done). I definitely think the GFLCC is too small for a con the size of Supercon. For reference, the MBCC was 1.2m square feet (pre-construction) while the GFLCC is 600k square feet. I can't see them sticking with the smaller convention center when post-construction MBCC is going to be incredibly huge and look gorgeous as well (pic related).
>>
Got the new floorplan. Looks like the artist alley got smaller?
>>
>>9571388
Broder despises the artist alley, he believes that since they pay the least for their booths that they should be placed in the shittiest location of the con. They also stick cosplayers in awful locations so they can't make any money either to a point where some of the girls management complained until they were relocated to a better spot.
>>
>>9572052
This is the reason I stopped doing Artist Alley at Supercon or any other Broder related con. We keep getting shoved into terrible places
>>
Anyone got a room in their hotel room or want to room together?
>>
>>9572052
It's one of the few Florida cons left which don't consider handmade items part of AA so if you do anything that isn't drawing you're forced to buy a vendors booth. Broder cons are not AA friendly at all
>>
>>9572791
>one of the few Florida cons left which don't consider handmade items part of AA

holy crap I didn't know that! that's so fucked up.
>>
Are there any good north florida cons besides pensacon? i live almost 6 hours away from any big city in the state.
>>
>>9573465
EXPcon is apparently coming back this year. They're back at the World Golf Village (Saint Augustine) after being defunct for 6 years.
>>
>>9573465
Going to second EXPcon
>>
Considering going to Supercon by myself for just Saturday. Thoughts/tips? I'm not cosplaying or anything. Just wanted to go up to look at booths and merchandise. Haven't been to a con in about three years.
>>
>>9575277
I haven't been to the new location myself so I guess we can both get lost together. I'll be the guy with the glasses
>>
>>9575277
>>9575287

The location is allright, not as stunning as as the original but still good. Ive not been to a con in forever so I'm excited.
>>
>>9575569
I look forward to seeing you. I'll be there Saturday. Will you be the guy wearing the pants,shoes, shirt combo?
>>
Anyone going to TBCC which is also this weekend?
>>
>>9553405
The volunteers also get handwaved for committing acts of sexual assault because they're all buds with Alex.

Furthermore, a majority of the "actors & actresses" are head cases who only want ya to validate their worthless lives and put them up on pedestals. It's a fucking fan show...

HOWEVER, if you are female and are going to that shithole that is Metrocon, beware a guy named Peter McAleer. He dresses up as Spiderman and Loki and brings alcohol only to get women drunk so he can force himself on them. He will not let any men drink nor will he drink as well. He's very manipulative and will destroy people just to maintain his "innocence". He assaulted a woman last year and one person tried to speak out, but McAleer was friends with one of the staff and they claimed the assault was just a kink.

My friends and I are never going back to this con ever again. They do not have your back when crimes happen. They simply handwave and pretend it never happened.
>>
>>9576548
>>9575569

lets get a meetup going! any contact info? snapchat, kik, insta
>>
Did anyone go to Supercon today? How does it look?
>>
downloadable supercon wristbands w h e r e
>>
Any meetups or parties for Metrocon? It's almost here.
>>
>>9577366
Don't have it till tomorrow. Brought my portable scanner with me
>>
>>9577724
Fake wristband-kun, do you think I should look for someone to sell me some fake bands or buy real ones (might go ?
Im too autistic to make them myself
>>
slightly off topic, if anyone still needs a place to stay for tonight or tomorrow for super, I cancelled my room at a place called the Oasis Hotel to help a buddy with his room problem. we ended up getting it for like $55 a night off of hotels com. might still be that price if it's still up. only downside is it only fits two. seriously, its the same size or smaller than a bedroom, but if you don't have a room it may be your godsend.
>>
>>9578239
I went in today and bought someone's as he left for 5$ around 6:30pm.
>>
>>9577076

More or less the same, just the booths seemed opposite than last year.
>>
This traffic makes me want to strangle someone
>>
Anyone daring enough to meetup, show up at the game room
>>
Looks like this years big Supercon issue is parking/traffic. I'm reading everywhere about people waiting hours in line only to be turned away at parking lots.

Of course I'm taking it with a grain of salt because I'm typical Miami/SoFlo fashion every person I know didn't leave their house before like 10:30 so obviously they'd be fucked.

It's weird that they're letting Saturday passes in on Sunday. Does it mean everyone now has a two day or does it mean if you couldn't make it Sat you can go Sun?
>>
by chance anyone know of any pool parties tonight?
>>
what color are super's wristbands? mine is pink and water resistant but everyone else i know who has a one day for saturday is blue paper. did they accidentally give me a two day?
>>
>>9579364
Yeah seems like it. People giving out the wristbands give zero shits, had my 2 day qr scanned and they gave me a Saturday pass. Managed to get it fixed but only because my gf pointed it out later.
>>
So does anyone else feel this year was pretty shitty? The parking sucked and all but the con itself was pretty disappointing, seemed like all of the sellers had the same shit that they bulk bought off of aliexpress. Only redeeming part this year was that the artist alley was quite a bit bigger than usual.
>>
>>9579451
I felt that a lot of the Merch was pretty shitty. I was told it was over 50% bootleg. And I don't want to shit on people but the artist alley was horrendous. Like I'm amazed some of these people are allowed to sell things. The venue is big but utilized horribly. Have to walk all the way to one end to walk all the way to the other end back and forth. The cosplay contest was definitely a downgrade. Last year had a huge stage with lots of visibility. I couldn't see a damn thing.
>>
>>9579082
I was actually in the game room the entire day. Me and my team won the overwatch tournament
>>
Supercon still better than Megacon but lacks much spirit. Big shoutouts to the host of the Mecha / Digimon panels. If you're reading this, like I said, we came for your second panel because your first one was so enjoyable.

Over the last two days I went to two gameshow panels. The games themselves were pretty solid but the hosts don't know how to run their own games.

If not for the panels and the good company I had with me, I'd have been bored to hell and if I had to pay rather than just get comps for panels, I'd have been less ecstatic.

Panels definitely make a convention. The guest list seems pretty good too but I just like fan panels that aren't cringe fests.
>>
>>9579531
Oh shit I'm not the guy but I'm good buddies with him. It was cool to see your message. I screenshotted your post and sent it to him. I'm sure he'll appreciate it.
>>
>>9579473
Yeah way over 50% of it was bootleg. If it was in any of the big booths it was fake. Even some of the little booths were trying to sell fakes for retail prices. Had some guy try to sell me a "china" version figma for 70$.
>>
>>9579550
Good shit. I saw that nod to /m/ in his Gundam presentation and figured if that made it in, I could get the message across to him here. Glad to see it worked.

Get him doing YouTube videos about these things because he's really a joy to listen to.
>>
>>9540501
Saw some tiddies from a walk on contestant for the H-costume contest. It was all worth it
>>
>>9579531
>>9579563
I'm the guy who ran those panels, dude thank you so much these posts are so flattering. You are your gf, fuck you for having such a cute one dressed as my literal waifu by the way, were super nice and I had a blast seeing you guys and others enjoying the panel.

Maybe I'll hit you up for that local anime night you do or maybe I should dabble in YouTube content. I mean if someone with as terrible taste as Digibro can find a following why can't I? Again thanks so much for the kind words.

Also yeah I'm an oldfag whose been on this cancer site for 10 years and my main board is /m/.
>>
>>9579653
>You are your gf
You and your gf*

I'm exhausted from a long night and phone posting so pardon the mental retardation in my post
>>
File: 20170730_003350.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170730_003350.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
Went as Cafe Leblanc Joker from P5 and had a cool time. Had this little guy with me. Parking fucking screwed me over though holy fuck.
>>
Heard supercon had another con proposal, anyone got pics/knew the party involved? Hope they're happy.
>>
>>9576814

>
HOWEVER, if you are female and are going to that shithole that is Metrocon, beware a guy named Peter McAleer. He dresses up as Spiderman and Loki and brings alcohol only to get women drunk so he can force himself on them. He will not let any men drink nor will he drink as well. He's very manipulative and will destroy people just to maintain his "innocence". He assaulted a woman last year and one person tried to speak out, but McAleer was friends with one of the staff and they claimed the assault was just a kink.

That's crazy, I dated that loser about seven years ago when he wouldn't even touch a sip of alcohol. Shame he turned into a freak. Might put him on blast if I see him.
>>
>>9577724
willl you perchance be doing this for metro?
>>
>>9577668
Second, I'm down for a meet up with drinks n shit talking at a shitty con.
>>
First year I've don't Super as a full adult, Shopping floor's definitely has more redundant stands than I'd hope. Why the fuck was Geico even there? Wish I'd actually chosen what panels to go to ahead of time, felt like I really missed on some ones I'd cared about running around everywhere.

Having projectors blocking half the crowd from seeing the stage at the Burlesque show was a mistake.
>>
Does anyone have the name of that booth with all the game and soundtracks imports?
>>
>>9580333
I feel bad if that was your first super because the venue fucking sucked. Normally it's a much better one in South Beach but it's currently under construction this year. Next year the construction is supposed to be done so from what my friend, who is a coordinator and member of the upper staff, has told me next year it's back in South Beach Convention center.
>>
>>9580375
wish i did cause that was neat
>>
>>9580475
I lurked the vendor page and I think it's Retro Saikou, wish someone could confirm.
>>
>saturday
>hentai cosplay contest
>walk in expecting to see anime tiddies
> few girls join the contest
>couple of dudes enter the line
>guys start stripping
>one chick showed her boobs
>saw at least 2 dicks that panel
it was gr8 overall
>>
>>9580485
Last year's felt better as far as the costumes are concerned. I remember the psycho from last year was pretty good.
>>
>>9579694
Oh hey i walked past you, that morgana cup was cute
>>
>>9580375
I think you're talking about Retro Saikou. The one with all the art books/games/love live shit?

>>9579694
Nice cosplay man, I was in front of you during the Erica signing today

On a sad note, I left my touhou game I bought on the east shuttle bus. It was raining really hard and I wanted to get out quick.
>>
Now that it's over, some thoughts on Supercon:

- Venue was way too overcrowded on Saturday, tickets should have sold out long before they actually did. When you can barely even walk in the dealer's room, there's an issue. On that note, while the venue looked pretty, it was definitely on the smaller side.
- I feel like more people than usual went to panels. Usually Supercon's panels are pretty empty aside from a couple big ones, but almost every panel or contest I went to this year had a good number of people in it. Nice to see people actually going to the events.
-Mostly really good costumes in the Saturday main costume contest. Impressive entries throughout. Masquerade had some great skits too.
-Dealer's room had a huge amount of fakes. If you care about knockoff merch, do your research before buying things in there. Some booths like >>9580623 were good though.
-Bottlenecking the entrances felt unnecessary. There's a bunch of doors but very few of them can be used to enter, unless you got someone walking out to hold the door for you. I'm guessing this is done for security reasons?
-Most volunteers I had to interact with were polite and helpful.

Overall, I thought the con was fun. Hoping construction is done on the Miami Beach Convention Center next year so they can return to a larger venue.
>>
Pros
-Some good panels
-Pretty easy to walk around
-Parked for free 2/3 days attended
-Got free passes for paneling
-Comfy venue. Prefer it to Miami personally.
-Decent guest list for general public

Cons
-A lot of panelists were just in it for a ticket and didn't do well
-Boring a lot of the time
-Dealer room wasn't all that impressive
-Artist alley got shafted
-Bootleg merch in abundance

>>9579653
>>9579592
My man! Glad to see you are here. She and I are thrilled to have attended your stuff. She made a clear point that when picking the best event over the whole weekend, she couldn't decide between which of your two panels took first place over the other. The don't-give-a-fuck nature of Supercon's panel environment is well suited to your vocabulary. We'd both love to hear whatever else you have encyclopedic knowledge of.

I gave one of your friends my contact at one point but yeah dude get some fucking youtube content going. I don't care if it's just you literally rambling over singular still images like in your panel, just do it. Swing by the anime thing we do sometime (Summer Wars is the movie we're watching in August, funny enough) and I'd be happy to talk about content stuff. We host the event at a local card shop.
>>
>>9580623
What was the Touhou game and how do we send you a new one
>>
>>9580712
It was Touhou 6/eosd. I was really looking forward to playing it on a physical disc, so it was a real bummer that I lost it. It sucks that I wasted 22 bucks, but I'm mostly mad at myself for being so stupid. If anyone actually found the game on the east shuttle, email me at [email protected].
>>
>>9567597
>Supercon
>all their shit's scrambled

Gee what else is new?
>>
>>9579711
Turns out they're both highschoolers, but they were serious about it. Oh boy.
>>
>>9580708
Thanks again dude, your words are too kind. I actually have a third panel that I was supposed to do at 11am but I was late as fuck and so the room was empty, but that meant I got in for free which is aces in my book.

Let me know about that anime night and if it's not too far away or work doesn't interfere maybe I'll check it out. I usually do a panel for every major con nowadays like animate and mccc so if you go to those check the schedule out.
>>
>>9581005
Which panels did you do?
>>
>>9581025
History of/How to get into Mecha and A Digimon history/retrospective
>>
>>9581025
>>9581045
Oh I also do a panel about how to be a buyfag and not get ripped off/buy garbage. I'm proud of that one namely because the title is [spoiler]Plastic Butts Drive Me Nuts[/spoiler]
>>
I would really prefer if they released the panel schedule more than a week in advance but that's just how they do things I suppose. In the end, aside from me being unsure if my panels were happening or not until the last minute, it ended up working out.

>>9581048
That's quite funny. I'd love to attend that one. I'd recommend adding a suffix: "Plastic Butts Drive Me Nuts: A Guide to Figure Buying" or something to this effect.

>>9581005
The next anime night is August 22 and starts at 6 or 7 pm with some shows and then the movie will start at 8pm. Runs until around 10pm.

So far I've shown Redline, Wolf Children, and now for August, it'll be Summer Wars to wrap up the season.
>>
>>9581054
Not a suffix, but a tagline. You get what I mean.
>>
>>9581054
They usually do but I think they were a little behind because of the NC show
>>
>>9579555
It was hilarious, the bootlegs were out in force this year. I'm going to be so bold as to say over 75% of all merch there was bootleg. The prices were absurd line Super Metroid being sold for $70, literally every plush was bootleg, and I saw one booth have 3-4 different types of Pokemon Red Nendo bootlegs all lined up next to each other. I only bought one thing which was strangely well priced and legitimate, it's this one booth run by a fat black guy who sells some good stuff but the prices are all over the fucking place. Hard to find Tiger and Bunny motorcycle? $30. Super common SHFiguarts Bunny? Also $30.

>>9581054
>I would really prefer if they released the panel schedule more than a week in advance
Panels were a fucking mess this year. Normally you get a month advance give it take a week but this time the person organizing was either retarded or just didn't know how to plan shit. My friend got approved the same day as me but it wasn't until two days before they told her that her panel (How to make slime) had to be declined because the hotel didn't approve, they gave her a four day pass as an apology at least. My friend in the staff told me most of the issues, except garbage vendors, was literally the fault of the city of Fort Lauderdale and the hotel. They warned them about traffic, space, parking, etc and their response was "Don't worry we can handle a show like this, we have the boat show every year."

>I'd recommend adding a suffix: "Plastic Butts Drive Me Nuts: A Guide to Figure Buying" or something to this effect.
Yeah I put that in the panel description

>The next anime night is August 22 and starts at 6 or 7 pm with some shows and then the movie will start at 8pm. Runs until around 10pm.
Hmm that's a Tuesday and I work early in the morning so unless that's near Miami might have to pass on this one, sorry.
>>
>>9564133
Looks like it's coming back.
https://flconsblog.wordpress.com/2017/07/31/178/
>>
>>9581422
HOLY SHIT, I was saying this at the con just to fuck around, I didn't actually think in my wildest dreams it would happen.
>>
File: 20170730_003159.jpg (2MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170730_003159.jpg
2MB, 5312x2988px
Supercon was my first convention, didn't seem too bad although saturday was apparently a clusterfuck. We got there around 1 and sat in traffic, found a place around 2 like half a mile away and just walked there since everything between us and the convention center was a parking lot. Apparently the parking garage elevators broke? Also the lots filled up quick (what a fucking shocker) and people were complaining they should have had people 2-3 blocks away directing traffic. Lines for food were excessive which sucks, sure, but there are literally hundreds of people there.. Apparently some celebrities didn't show up?

My main disappointment was the Hentai Cosplay Contest. It was fairly tame for being 18+ except for one chick that flashed her tits twice. The highlight of the event was Poison (badcatboro) twerking. Went over to the burlesque 18+ event that was a lot more fun although 2 of the 5? dances we caught were hambeasts. One was a Rick cosplay, which was fun, but was there for the ladies.
>>
Artists were charging crazy prices on Saturday but got real humble on Sunday when they couldn't sell. I got a lot for $10 but the protected sleeves themselves were $10
>>
>>9581132
>They warned them about traffic, space, parking, etc and their response was "Don't worry we can handle a show like this, we have the boat show every year."

That fucking right turn into the parking west side of the center. They lacked the most basic signs until the final block and then you had people merging right at the light to get ahead of everyone. Finally made the right turn and ~~Wooosh ~~ not a car in sight till I turned into the front gate and and there was still 3 floors of parking available. Could fort lauderdale not afford a blocks worth of cones?
>>
>>9582293
Dude you are over thinking this too much, they hold the boat show every year. They know how to handle a crowd.
>>
>>9581422
YES!
And sounds like it's more organized.
>>
File: 20170730_123111.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170730_123111.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
>>9581132
the fat black guy actually has a trade show in Miami every month, he has some pretty decent shit, this is one of the flyers he was handing out
>>
>>9583345
His name is Orlando and he's cool as fuck
>>
Holmat is announcing another guest tomorrow and here's to hoping that it's not another fucking cosplayer. Last week's guests where some YouTube cosplayers that are also going to be at Metro so I'm kind of getting tired of all the fucking cosplayer guests being announced and just 1 VA
>>
>>9583842
Aannnddd it's a cosplayer. Welcome to cosplay circle-jerk con where the actual con is made up and the content doesn't matter.
>>
>>9584089
I hate to say it, but what do you expect, they pay the cosplayers less (Idk what they get, maybe free room and a ticket, maybe airfare), where VA's and actors ask/get a lot more (I know the green ranger gets paid, plus you have to pay for room, board, airfare, and his band to play, plus their room, board, and airfare) so
it makes sense finacially, but like, I barely care about most of the VA's/Actors nowadays, why would I give a fuck about popular cosplayers, While I know I'm in the minority, personally I believe they bring shame to the game.

>>9583604
He is cool as fuck
>>
How late is too late to book a room for Holmat? Did they run out of rooms at any point last year, I can't remember.
>>9584506
NAYRT but I don't think you're in the minority. Personally, I don't care for convention guests at ALL, but especially not for Holmat. It's my cosplay, maybe shop, and get drunk with friends con
>>
>>9584516
glad to here theres at least a few people who feel similar. also, Its always best to check yourself off their website, but it seems that they still have 3 room types left anyway (there's a $204 one as well) best to grab them now, worst case you just cancel them later.

funfact: if its the day of your hotel stay, and you can't make it, and there may be fees involved, ask them to change your stay to a week later. That way, you can call back in a few days and cancel without any fees.
>>
Metrocon day 1. How many seagulls going?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170628-224143.png (245KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170628-224143.png
245KB, 720x1280px
I might get dragged to metro (someone else paying for my ticket) on saturday. What can I do to make the day tolerable besides drinking?
>>
>>9540637
Also a JaxFag. I travel out of state for cons. Not particularly a fan of any of the events held here. Quantity > Quality in FL.
>>
>>9554899
How is she still relevant??
>>
>>9569365
Because Florida doesn't have much else.
>>
>>9585060
Why the fuck would anyone want to go to Metro anymore? Same con, same guests, same bullshit year after year with the only stuff added are higher costs and being harassed more by their kilt-wearing security assholes. Went to TBCC instead since it was better and cheaper and Holmat in December. Unless you like having your underwear checked skip Metro.
>>
>>9585491
besides >>9585493
My guesses:
She really isn't, but because she is technically a part of pokemon in some aspect, and barely relevant, they probably get her for ridiculously cheap.
That or she is friends with the staff and they're doing her a solid.
Or maybe something else dealing with economics and relationships.
>>
>>9586084
She's cheap and has almost no requirements for showing up other than an obvious spot for her car, a hotel room and food. Then its cardboard cut outs and store-bought plush and her in Naruto cosplay. She's batshit crazy.
>>
Metro wristbands?
>>
>>9586300
It looks like they're possibly plastic even for a day? I've looked on ig but can't entirely confirm. I'm not paying for this hell and would rather fake one again like I have the past three years.
>>
[spoiler] If you're at Metro at the moment, be careful if you;re trying to get in with fake badges, apparently people have already made fakes and uploaded them somewhere. I already heard people got pulled aside for fake badges yesterday. I heard people on staff say they got uploaded to 4chan, but I haven't see anything so far posted on here. Just trying to look out for peeps who don't have the cash to waste on a ticket here. [/spoiler]
>>
>>9583842
Don't have too many expectations there, lol another random cosplay guest announced. Best part of holmat is chilling with friends in a nice ass pool, if you're going for the guests you're setting yourself up for failure as holmat has pretty shitty guests
>>
>>9586565
I thought they werent doing badges at all this year and went wristbands only.
>>
>>9586765
Yeah it's wristbands only
>>
>>9586788
Then only a complete moron would be using a fake badge and they deserve to get caught.
>>
>>9586795
Wait... How was there a printable badge if there ARE no badges?

Did the Metrocon staff MAKE a fake badge and leak it?
>>
>>9554899
>Top of the embassy
Hope she's enjoying that 40 minute elevator ride
>>
>>9586676
the pool was pretty awesome last year, a large group of us in the grotto kept hitting around a beach ball to see how many times we could hit the ball without it hitting the ground or water. I think we got to like 34 or something, maybe higher, the number escapes me. /shitty story.

sidenote about shitty story: should try it with bouncy balls this year.

>>9586810
that would be great. I mean, I'd prefer badges over wristbands any day of the week (especially weekends). But it'd be great to see someone with a badge just to watch them get kicked out of a con. Or just start a thing where if you see someone wearing a badge for that year (make it so the year is super enlarged on the badge or something) at a badgeless con, everyone with an wristband just stares at them like that scene in inception (pic related).

Still, without thinking to much about it, it would be a pretty damn funny idea to spread around. definitely make people think twice about stealing from a con.
>>
>>9586765
They've printed out some for collectors which you can buy for 2.25, they do not count as an actual badge.
Which makes me think they printed out a few before realizing they were going to do armbands instead.
Anyone know why there was so much shouting in the Embassy last night?
>>
File: FB_IMG_1501960264828.jpg (218KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1501960264828.jpg
218KB, 1440x1080px
What in the fresh bloody hell is she wearing?!
>>
>>9587563
Thats a cute baby.
>>
File: rita-repulsa.jpg (123KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
rita-repulsa.jpg
123KB, 960x720px
>>9587563
Is this Rita Repulsa X Mimikyu?
>>
>>9579811
He still won't. He only would get women drunk so he can have his way with em.

Shame my friend thought he was a nice guy....but you what they say about "nice guys".

Dated him 7 years ago? You wouldn't happen to be Alea Kilday, would ya?
>>
>>9587563
maybe its a crossplay of her usual pikachu shit and maleficent.

>>9587801
anyone want to explain why you don't put someones real name on here, regardless of the board, because it never ends well.
...Unless this is the one board that is different, which is doubtful.
>>
Damn, so sad to hear that one of the best cons back in 2010 has fallen so far. Definitely not interested in going to watch the Indra-circle-jerk.

The prizes for the contest are so bad, too! It's like the dredges from the dealer room. What happened to the WCS semi-finals, or having cosplay guests host actually informative panels?
>>
>>9588279
Did you drop your quote anon?
>>
>>9585060
Con sucked more than last time. Even less people than last year and more harassment from the buttfuckers in kilts. Nothing to do in the evening if you don't go to their shows or garbage rave. Unless I get another free wristband I'm skipping this shit.
>>
>>9589195
I work at a gas station not too far from the con. talked to a couple people who were leaving this afternoon and they all said it was pretty bad this year. Even going so far as to say I was smart for skipping it this year.

On the bright side, just about 3 weeks left until Dragoncon.
>>
How was the lolita fashion show at Metrocon this year? I didn't get a chance to go and have yet to see photos of it.
>>
>>9589276
Metro fucked up so bad it's making the news

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/08/05/too-op-girls-only-panel-metrocon-florida-scientist/
>>
>>9589373
Not surprising. The panel should never have been approved, much less scheduled or even started. Hearing that Nick approved it (figures). Another example how they care about nothing but their precious shows.
>>
>>9589195
I completely agree that it sucked this year, but in 4 years I've never had a single problem with the kilt guys, even though everyone in these threads complains about them. What's everyone's problem with them?

>>9589276
My group is probably going to try Dragoncon next year instead of Metro. What are the main attractions at Dragon? And how's the venue hotel?
>>
WTF?
flconsblog.wordpress.com/…/08/07/we-would-like-to-apologize/
>>
>>9589411
>What are the main attractions at Dragon? And how's the venue hotel?

There are a couple of Q&A's and usually a decent panel. Cosplay isn't very big there. Mariott Marquis is great & cheap. There isn't much to do after the vendor room closes.
>>
>>9589373
I got a video of the last minute or so of the panel. His last question, two girls answering it, and the brute squad walking up and shutting it down.
Bummed I didn't record sooner or it'd have him calling some guy a "thing" and wanting to put us all in metal helmets and electrocute us.
>>
>>9590296
webm it and cross-post it from /wsg/
>>
Anyone have closer photos of the winners of the costume contest? I saw some on stage ones and a lot of them were not good looking at all. Even the judges didnt look good except the guy who was dressed as the evil queen and the okay Yuri. The Zelda holy hell she looked like she ate 2 Zeldsa's
>>
>>9590519
Any photos?
>>
>>9587801
nopers, i don't even know if he dated a chick named that. although when i dumped him i never spoke to him until he called me about a couple years later when he wanted 'closure'
>>
>>9587563
>>9587564
That mom in the jacket and the kid are the ones that whined about loud noises in the embassy. She was also a cunt at FAE to staff and judges about not winning an award in the costume contest a few years ago.
>>
>>9590644
That would be Nadine, she's supremely annoying and gets huffy if a con she asks to be a cosplay guests at says no. Like her costumes are garbo
>>
>>9590798
Her Mom had a long convo with me before about all the FL cons they go to.
>>
Not a "summer" con, but how is the hotel for Holiday Matsuri? How many people can one of their rooms accommodate? And is a balcony worth it?
>>
>>9591471
6 would be the max because these rooms are way smaller than the Caribe ones which is the only disappointing thing about this hotel
>>
>>9591747
>>9591471
Seconding 6 would be the most I would do in those rooms. We did that last year and it was somewhat hectic. I do miss the size of the Caribe hotel, just not the parking situation.
>>
>>9591747
>>9591960
6 in beds/chairs, or 6 with a bunch of blow-up mattresses and shit?
>>
>>9591976
Mine was two per bed and two on blow up mattresses between the beds. We moved the beds as close to each wall as we could to get the most space.
>>
>>9590598
Ew. Fucking scumbag. Well, now he moved onto just getting women drunk to get his rocks off. Shows that he can't even maintain an actual relationship.
>>
>>9589411
Their so-called brute squad uses the con as an excuse to harass and sexually harass con goers. They tried to force girls to show their underwear a year or two ago, claiming it was an inspection to make sure they were being decent. They make a joke out of cutting badges and expelling people. Every year they get worse and the con owners think it's funny.
>>
File: 1269321164952.gif (573KB, 312x175px) Image search: [Google]
1269321164952.gif
573KB, 312x175px
>>9590277
you almost had me
>>
>>9590360
It's on youtube. https://youtu.be/YbE6RYABZ8w
>>
>>9592393
Those women choose to get drunk anon. That's not on him
>>
>>9592551
Brute Squad wears those damn "safety pins" to say they are "safe spaces". Yeah, safe spaces for them to harass you in. Disgusting filth.
>>
>>9553401
sup senpai.
>>
>>9593273
wait, the "scientist" was a black dude?

that changes everything
>>
>>9595361
curious as to what skin color has to do with it, care to explain?
>>
>>9596031

pretty sure it was sarcasm
>>
>>9596155
Fair enough
>>
So now we got Tampa Bay Megacon coming up, right? How's that?
>>
>>9596456
They are the new Wizard.

They have the minimum amount of programming they can get away with. They close the whole thing when the dealer room shuts down. Any after events are hard ticketed & held at the cheapest bar they can rent out.
>>
>>9596456
Its shit, why not just go to AWA anon?
>>
>>9600263
Because this is a thread for Florida cons?
>>
If anyone is looking for a room in the EXPcon host hotel for Saturday night>Sunday, email me. I'm searching for roommates atm. Room was $120 for one night so split up the cost should be very low.
>>
File: tumblr_oua3bmajAO1wqgcb7o1_1280.jpg (99KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oua3bmajAO1wqgcb7o1_1280.jpg
99KB, 768x768px
does anybody know a cosplay commissioner who is good with armor? looking to get a quote on an outfit.
asked this thread because id like someone relatively local
>>
>>9602924
guess i should mention the cosplay pictures is not what i want. just added it for relevance to the thread.
>>
Is there a weekend where Florida ISN'T having a con? JFC there's so many all the tiem
>>
>>9606610
Never heard of someone complaining about actually having choices before!
>>
Is Wasabicon good?
I saw someone call it dinky earlier in the thread.
I happen to be in Jacksonville for something else that same weekend, could I see most of it if I dropped in for the Saturday afternoon?
>>
Is anyone at Mizucon this year?
It's happening this weekend apparently but I haven't heard anybody talking about it
>>
>>9609732
>Is Wasabicon good?
Its run by a complete egomaniac who is hated throughout the FL con scene.
>>
>>9609976
I just passed by a group of cosplayers on the street. I didn't know that it was going on in my neighborhood. Probably going to check it out after I'm done running errands.
>>
>>9610042
Agreeing, the event organizer is an asshole so he plays off that he "caps" attendance at like 2-3k because he wants it to feel exclusive to attendees but in reality its that the events are shitty
>>
>>9609976
I've gone for a few years and this year I was surprised because the hotel was so nice but the con was pretty much dead. It's sad to see how bad it is now
>>
Still looking for a roommate or two for my room at the EXPcon host hotel. It's only one night, Saturday>Sunday, but the price is low. With 2 in the room it's only $60 per person, with 3 in the room $40 per person.
>>
>>9613517
They kept being dicks to everyone who volunteered or was staff, I'm honestly not surprised.
Idk what kind of attendance they were expecting when they barely advertised on social media. Their Facebook posts have an average of 1 like per post.
Thread posts: 249
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.