[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I really want to get into lolita, what's the best way of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: -445992651-185650175.jpg (716KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
-445992651-185650175.jpg
716KB, 960x960px
I really want to get into lolita, what's the best way of doing that? I don't want to look like an ita or like I am trying too hard to be 'cute', I'm into darker colors, not too much black, just blues and purples, mostly. Could /cgl/ give me any advice? Pic related is a lolita Madoka Magica themed dress that I'd like to buy to start my so called collection (the Homura version).
>>
>>9512201
That's really ugly, maybe you want to get into cosplay instead?
>>
>>9512201
If that's what you think lolita is then you need to do actual research and start lurking. Those are cheap cosplay dresses
>>
>>9512201
Lurk more - you've obviously not even tried to do any research
>>
>>9512201
>get a lolita dress based off of a lolita drawing based off of a lolita dress

not only that, but its bodyline's clock dress. no one likes that dress.
>>
Go on here and buy something from someone with positive feedback: https://egl.circlly.com/
Buy a Petticoat from Wunderwelt or And Romeo. Also buy bloomers from anywhere.
>>
That looks like shit, anon. Start by lurking more.
>>
Go to milanoo.com, something like this would be a great first dress: http://milanoo.com/product/gothic-lolita-dress-op-white-long-sleeves-black-lace-trim-two-layer-lolita-one-piece-dress-p24248.html#m941053 Old school is making a comeback so you will fit right in. Get a twin tail wig preferably a pastel or split coloured one for that authentic lolita look. Petticoats aren't necessary most dresses have a built in petticoat and enough poof on there own. Some striped socks in your fave colors and a pair of ballerina flats and you're all set to go.
>>
If you want to learn about lolita fashion there are some good resources. Look up the lolita handbook on LJ, Lolita Guide Book on tumblr, look at Lolitafashion.org on the wayback machine. Buying prints as your first piece can be tricky, it's easier to stick to one colour and style so that you can build a better wardrobe. If you're on facebook join the Lolita Mentors or Lolita Big Sisters group. Good luck.

If you want to buy new, try Bodyline or My-Lolita-Dress, a taobao reseller. For secondhand, Lacemarket, Wunderwelt and Closet Child are good options.

>>9512408
Don't believe this troll, OP.
>>
>>9512416
That picture is cute, but not really accurate.
>'sweet', classic and 'gothic' all look like classic in different colours
>mori? witch? as lolita substyles?
>witch is just a theme you see around Halloween, not an actual substyle, and 'mori lolita' is even less common than ero or guro so why is it even on there
>>
File: tumblr_now7drTdu71sfxaudo8_1280.jpg (145KB, 640x896px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_now7drTdu71sfxaudo8_1280.jpg
145KB, 640x896px
>>9512201
Anon, those dresses are already based on existing dresses by japanese brands. Madoka is wearing Angelic Pretty and Homura is wearing Bodyline. I advice you to do more research, and get the actual dresses, not the cosplay of the illustration. Eitherway, there are some nice, non ita purple dresses for you out there, don't give up!
>>
>>9512435
It's not accurate but it's still very cute. I really like the artist. Her lolita pigeons are adorable.
>>
>>9512215
I do. Its just that people don't bother coording it
>>
>>9512416
Visit the websites this anon suggested, OP.

My additions:
>DON'T SKIMP ON THE PETTICOAT.
You're going to think you can just get one later or it's not as important as shoes or whatever. No, get one. It's as important as the dress/skirt. It should be the first or second thing you get. (Preferably second so you can pick whatever dress you want and choose a petti based on that instead of the other way around)
>see the ita thread? avoid looking like that.
>don't buy the dress in your OP picture
It looks cute now but you'll realize what a grave mistake you've made once you've developed an eye for the fashion. You seem like you're getting into lolita through cosplay/anime. Anime lolita and actual lolita are, for the most part, very different things. If you're more interested in looking like a kawaii anime, this isn't the fashion for you, you will be ripped to shreds in it. Look into what the fashion is actually supposed to be first, and if it's what you wanna wear, go for it, otherwise I'd suggest other cute alternative j/fashions.
>>
>>9512557
this.
And wear the clock dress if you want, who cares if people don't like it? The dress itself is decent but so many girls coorded it poorly just like Squirrel Party and now most of us can't see it without getting flashbacks of horrid coords.

But yeah, lurk more in general,look at the lolita handbook,..and those dresses in the pic are too cheap/cosplayish to be lolita
>>
>>9512201
http://thelolitaguidebook.tumblr.com
>>
File: l304-2.jpg (222KB, 700x1050px) Image search: [Google]
l304-2.jpg
222KB, 700x1050px
>>9512572
If more people coorded it basic like the model we'd have better coords. With a busy print like this it's tricky to keep it from being too costumey.

>link for OP
>http://bodyline.jp/en/l304.html
>>
>>9513597
Simple coords always look best with Antique Clock. I've seen so many shitty coords that are shitty because they're too complicated and really trying way too hard. I've always felt that AQ is a really nice casual, low-poof dress. It's also miles better without the waist bow and without the lace along the top of the bodice. I've had the OP in grey since it came out and it's still one of my go-to pieces for non-meetup days.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.