[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, started a new projects, a MS-06 Zaku II helmet. I am

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 16

File: zakuhead.png (30KB, 628x585px) Image search: [Google]
zakuhead.png
30KB, 628x585px
Hey guys, started a new projects, a MS-06 Zaku II helmet. I am going to be making the full thing as I go, but I'm just making the hemlet to do a Pool Party Zaku as a League of Legends knock off at a Con in a few weeks. Got official MSG Zaku II Machine Gun Waterguns.Heuheu.

Here is my progress so far btw.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
I've always found Bondo annoying and messy as hell to do.
>>
During the Night I will be Dressed in a Suit and be a parody Business Executive Zaku
>>
If anyone has tips or tricks or tidbits to add in or ideas feel free. I will be adding a movable Eye, and Ventilation fans that will bring hair in and push it through the" hoses from the back to the from into your face. This will help out a bit being in Texas.
>>
>>9504348
Nice progress, looks pretty messy but I'm sure the finished product will be good shit.

Try making the eye movable with a lever controlled by your mouth.
>>
>>9504373
I was thinking about getting a little electric motor or arm from fry's electronics and settin somethin up, or just put a slit at the top and bottom in the visor and just move it manually there.
>>
so damn messy with the bondo
>>
>>
gettin it's shape back. BTW it was fiber glassed and then all that's posted so far has actually been done today, done for the day, hands are numb from the sanders.
>>
File: 20170601_213721.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170601_213721.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Ha wrong photo. Will try and remember to post the finished
>>
Yes I have a tip: Don't smear bondo on like it's a clay to sculpt. It's a filler, put it on in thin layers. You're supposed to sand it smooth, not re-sculpt. It will save you time and loads of material. If you fiberglass, do the matting on the inside, and just resin on the outside. This will prevent a messy outside, leaving you with less to bondo.

As you can see now, after sanding down most of it (what a waste), you have loads of pits, you'd have to either sand down or fill up again, increasing the weight and labour.

It will truly help.
>>
>>9504456
jesus christ, why are you treating bondo like frosting a cake?
youre just adding more work for yourself because now you have to sand everything down to its shape.
>>
I would have kept the pipe separate for ease of construction. I mean, you constructed a pipe for god's sake, it was wasted effort and it'll block you cleaning up and painting everything under it.
Personally would have done it in foam.
I'll be interested in the monoeye. Sounds like you're ok with electronics but I'd have picked something much more low tech like just having it weighted so it leans whichever way you tilt.
>>
>>9504328
Did you print that off yourself? It looks pretty good, are you willing to share the net?
>>
>>9504456
a someone who used to do lots of pepakura armor, this triggers me immensely.

like the tube parts, whats the point in covering them up in its entirety?
yeah, bondo is pretty messy to work with but I think its mostly because you're not really clear on what youre doing exactly.
if this is your first time working with the stuff, its totally understandable but im sure you would have looked at some tutorials and see some tips on how to work with the stuff.

its a shame too since looking at this >>9504333
thats super fucking clean.
then looking at >>9504335 it looks like youre just smearing on the resin like how a fat guy pours syrup over pancakes.

I can see why you want to do some "casual" zaku cosplay. doing the entire armor suit would probably be a nightmare.
>>
Y not just 3d print in sections. Its 2017 not 2007 my gosh
>>
File: zakuheadupdate.jpg (115KB, 714x960px) Image search: [Google]
zakuheadupdate.jpg
115KB, 714x960px
>>9507370
because i need a 3D printer with a 12'x12'13 print base minimum. So i've been lookin at em, found one

An yeah It was just a quick lather bondo, im not to adept with it only few times have i used it. I have an assortment of cutting and dremel parts which have cut and trimmed "scultping" most of it back. After the whole thing got bondo'd I realized how much of a fuck up it was and how much work it took to get to here.... dear god.
>>
lots more fuckin fill in and sanding.... i dont wanna bondo again hahahah.

I plan on having a 3D printing with a good printing dimensions within a few months.

bought to make a quarterly bonus which is gunna get expenisve 3D printer. I'm just to impatient and want my zaku helmet.
>>
>>9505276
I literally sat and googled with keywords:
MS-06 helmet
pepakura
pdo
3d CAD
3D Object

There are mostly SD stuff but you can find full MS, Feddie and Zeeks.
>>
>>9511295
you print helmets and bigger props in chunks you dumbass
>>
>>9511301
>lots more fuckin fill in and sanding.... i dont wanna bondo again hahahah.

its your own damn fault. why the fuck did you just layer on the bondo like that?
you could have saved yourself literally hours of work if you did thin layers. I dont even understand why you thought you needed such thick layers of the stuff
>>
>>9511346
Print with what? how do i print with a 3D printer which i Do not Own?

Dumb ass.
>>
>>9511396
i wanted it to be round, just the papercraft part had lots of curved in sections all around. I have a large assortment of power tools, sanders, and what not. So it was only about 8 hours total work since it was first bondo'd
>>
>>9511410
you'd STILL need thin layers.
>>
>>9511455
live and learn
>>
yeah i'm gettin there so fuck yall with yall's negativity about how much work i added on to the project for no reason ><
>>
>>9511677
>typical faggot that cant take criticism

were you expecting a hugbox type thread where everyone is going to tell you that you did an amazing job with no flaws at all?

you made a huge mistake working with bondo and people pointed it out to you. now use that and dont fuck up next time instead of acting like a baby.

> how much work i added on to the project for no reason
>no reason
people pointed out many reasons.
>>
>>9511693
pfft, building on negativity and insults isnt criticism for one thing. Acting like a bady, shit i admitted the mistake foo. People already pointed it out, and constantly pointing the same thing out, that isn't even being constructive in the criticism.

But hey, you live and you learn. just like i said before.
>>
I'm done today, i'll have it finished and smooth prob sometime tomorrow.

AND IT'S NOT EVEN HEAVY, like 2-3 lbs
>>
>>9511693
Not even that Anon but /cgl/ cannot differentiate between constructive criticism and aggressive shit-talking worth a damn. OP very obviously understands and acknowledges flaws and mistakes like lathering on the bondo super thick. >>9511295
>>
>>9511784
it's almost as if i lathered it on thick with my own dick
>>
>>9511677
This is coming out very nice. Please make sure to post the finished project so I can see it.
>>
>>9511784
>but /cgl/ cannot differentiate between constructive criticism and aggressive shit-talking worth a damn.

nobody said anything about "constructive criticism". just "criticism". learn to read.

yeah, its all asshole-ish responses but theres some truth behind it.
like that other anon pointed out, take the hugbox mentality out of here. there are other safespace communities out there if you cant handle people who just tell it like it is.
>>
>>9511832
herpa derp,, herpa derp derp
>>
>>9504328
Quick question, I'm trying to make a sword using pepakura, but I can't for the life of me find cardstock. Any idea where to find some? Also if you have any other tips I would greatly appreciate them
>>
>>9513165
Wal-Mart, office depot, staples.
>>
File: 20170609_125122.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px)
20170609_125122.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
I don't even know if y'all can tell the differences in the updates. Lots of holes gaps and divers filled and sanded smooth.

BUT I be decided against making the eye oscillate, I'll do more elaborate work when I redo the thing with a 3D printer. Plan on extracting the 3D objects from some of the new video games.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1497060356099.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1497060356099.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
Here is the eye, Imma post the finished paint job here in a bit when its actually finished, doing PRIMER coat atm
>>
>>9513578
And follow the advise of not blathering condo on.
>>
File: 20170610_154838.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170610_154838.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
HERE IS THE FINALY THING. you can tell i got tired of filling in and sanding.
>>
>>9515260
Finished product looks pretty darn good! Glad you didn't let all the negativity in this thread dissuade you.
>>
It's not finished until you're wearing it.
>>
File: finished.jpg (49KB, 526x706px) Image search: [Google]
finished.jpg
49KB, 526x706px
>>9515883
ok there ya go
>>
>>9516448
What in fuck m8 it's huge. I'm guessing you didn't manage to make the eye movable.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.