[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Paradiso 2017 The Eternal Reverie

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 156
Thread images: 48

WHOM HERE paid $40-$100 to hang out in a basement? Chairs for vip ONLY.
>>
File: IMG_7721.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7721.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
The "runway"
>>
>>9495564
what is this, like Cakes & Couture the second coming?
>>
>>9495569
Wow..
>>
>>9495564
>>9495569
Is this the main fashion show??
>>
>>9495569
the venue looks really nice though? Not the same disaster level of cakes & couture

wondering if hello batty & the other guests will shill out on social media for this

also wonder what wunderwelt contributed to the VIP bags and if an actual representative from the company is there or they're just selling via proxy

>inb4 the lolita event staff "lose" the mailed stock and doesn't ship unsold items back with fedex/ups/tracked shipping
>>
Idk im having a blast. Mostly it just feels like a convention, where i enjoy hanging out with people i hardly see more than the events themselves lol
>>
>>9495619
Yes. This was the fashion show that featured Mossbadger, Eat Me Ink Me, Mighty Kingdom, I Do Declare, and Crystal Arcade.

Atelier excentrique had a table set for them but never showed.
>>
>tfw no phone signal in the basement
>can't browse /cgl/ during the event

Also who let that one girl's grandma in?
>>
I only got a ticket for today, but here's my feedback on the "Midwest lolita and J-Fashion event".

Having to wait two hours between dropping my consignment shop items off was kind of a drag. The area for the consignment shop was also extremely small and cramped into that little corner.

To make it more like a megameet:
-Make it more accessible and casual, maybe have different price points for the different days (one casual, one upscale)
-Ditch flying in guests and opt for more activities
-the macarons and soda was nice, but it's hard to have an event 11:00-3:00 because I was starving. 12:00-4:00 might have worked a lot better for Day 1.

To make it more like a convention:
-Have signage around the location. I had no idea how to get to the lower level area, and no one was there to help me when I arrived
-I'd be satisfied with a less fancy location that was more welcoming. It was upsetting when the hotel staff closed the stairs so they didn't have to bother with beeping us through, especially since not all the elevators were in order.
-Encourage guest participation with things like contests or things to do like a designated photo booth or outfit shot area. The hired photographer parked in one spot and only seemed to shoot the runway participants.
- Maybe have a "suggested" after hours party like Planet Comicon does.
>>
File: IMG_7746.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7746.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>
File: IMG_7742.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7742.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
The grainy basement lighting made me -so- disappointed.
>>
File: IMG_7741.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7741.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
The Lolita Collective
>>
File: IMG_7740.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7740.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
The architecture was so cool though.
>>
>>9495897
Ooh, an outfit shot area is a really good idea. I'm gonna suggest this in the official feedback too.
>>
File: IMG_7751.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7751.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
The Ouji pageant winner was so lovely.
>>
>>9495569
>>9495587
even Cakes & Couture had a better "runway" than that, i'll give them that much
>>
Someone posted a coord to CoF for this event
>>
Was anyone else expecting a marriage proposal from that moon coord ouji contestant?
>>
Did anyone see Frances there? I saw her for like a brief moment.
>>
>>9496097
I totally was!! They were so cute together too.

The staff really wanted to make sure all the "princesses wooed" in their skits were staff so nothing weird would happen.
>>
>>9496120
W H A T

how would you even know? Frances only uses stolen photos of real plus sized models.
>>
>>9495937
Clown makeup and elf ears?
>>
>>9496156
>b8
Shironuri is really common in this hobby. I thought they did an excellent job and definitely deserved the win.
>>
The raffle prizes were pretty disappointing though.
Brand whore pin
Brand whore pin
Brand whore stickers
$25 off coupon for cotton candy
Brand whore pin.
>>
>>9496239
*cottoncandy feet shoes pardon me
>>
>>9496164
I need a better photo before I judge but honestly

>ugly flats
>ugly cheap ebay crown
>ears that don't even match skin makeup
>plain tights
>Clashing colors all over the place, was that bouqet apart of her coord? Silver and gold accents? And black?

It really doesn't look that good anon, but again I need a better front photo to see it because the whole thing might magically look better.
>>
>>9496252
The crown, sash and bouquet are not part of the coordinate, they were items from the pageant.

They designed and made their entire shironuri coordinate.
>>
>>9495937
The bad lighting makes that brown bit of shorts look like a disgustingly fat deformed thigh desu
>>
>>9496303
i thought the same

would like to see a better shot of the coord
>>
>>9496239
I honestly don't know how to feel about those brand whore pins...
Like their design is a blatently rip of AP and BtSSB logos
>>
File: IMG_2124.jpg (630KB, 1632x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2124.jpg
630KB, 1632x2048px
Found another photo of the ouji pageant winner on the fb event page
>>
>>9497093
I really like this I just wish the bottom half was as detailed as the top. I think if she took those like 3d floral tights that are all over aliexpress and wore them over the white tights this would be 10/10
>>
Photos from the professional photographer hired for the event
>>
>>9497318
>>
>>9497322
>>
>>9497326
>>
>>9497327
>>
>>9497331
>>
>>9497322
>>9497326
>>9497327
No shade but what kind of amateur looks at these photos and goes "yup, looks great to me" It takes 4 seconds to snap another picture after asking the model to not blink or to move their arm in a more flattering position
and it takes 2 minutes to close the doors to get a nice backdrop
>>
>>9497333
>>
>>9497341
>>
>>9497344
>>
>>9497345
>>
>>9497350
>>
>>9497352
>>
>>9497357
It was soooo dumb that there were only 22 chairs.
>>
>>9495937
on one hand it's a super cute coord but on the other I don't love how costumy it feels...
>>
>>9497093
So this does look better from the front but the ears and now I'm gonna say wig really bring it down. They really needed a hair accessory on there like a non-shit crown or hat.

>>9497104 is right with the bottom half needing to be more detailed. I still dislike the shoes with this as well, even if the little details are nice.
>>
>>9497318
>>9497322
>>9497326
>>9497327
>>9497331
>>9497333
>>9497341
>>9497352
>>9497357
These photos are the hugest eyesore. The framing is never good, almost all of them are out of focus to a nauseating degree, the shadows are washed out, there are people in the shots and whatever lighting they were using makes everyone look like they are greasy as hell. It looks like they also have no concept of photoshop or lightroom editing by the gross yellow hue to everything. I have honestly not seen such horrible shots in years.
>>
>>9497350
She's familiar. Who is she?
>>
>>9497485
Hello Batty was flown in as a guest so she could judge the Coordinate contest and give a talk
>>
>>9497494
Oh ok.

She's been spewing drama about Kate for a while.
>>
>>9497362
I agree. When paying to attend a convention based on a fashion known to be expensive, I wouldn't want to sit on the ground with it on.
>>9497434
I think the ones of the girls in front of the open doors were for the fashion show. I mean, most con fashion shows aren't great, but the coords in this are pretty bad.
>>
Any pics from day 2? Tea parties don't really do it for me so I only attended day 1.
>>
>>9497093
The wig, ears, makeup, and flats make this look like cosplay garbage
>>
>>9497498
Oh you mean she talks shit about everyone she meets? Whats new?
>>
File: IMG_7844.jpg (37KB, 310x315px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7844.jpg
37KB, 310x315px
>>
>>9497632
This looks more plentiful compared to Cakes & Couture, but cookies look like the hotel provided them.
>>
The day 2 spread for the tea party looks nice!
Maybe just Day one was the flop
>>
>>9497334
I'm guessing that this was pics from the fashion show and the photog didn't have a fast enough snaps to get a decent shot, but it is also maybe the fashion show director's fault for not going stand here in a pose for the photog and don't blink during rehersal.
>>
Did anyone happen to get snaps of the other ouji contestants?
>>
>>9498734
this. also, how did the pageant go? it sounded as if they would be roleplaying characters, and i am mad curious about it.
>>
>>9496962
>the joke
>>
>>9496962
They haven't been funny in years, it's just cringey now.
>>
>>9496962
The last thing I want is some normie who badgers me about my "costume" to see a pin that says 'whore'

I get that it's an inside joke in the community but seeing it out just gives such the wrong impression
>>
>>9499138
It's just a little pin and a joke. Pass it to someone who likes that sort of thing or trade it away for something you like.
>>
Can we talk about how bad Scamdiso was? Worse than C&C, desu.
>>
>>9499340
Ok but how? Don't be a vauge little twat and dish it already
>>
>>9499384
VIP were granted in half an hour earlier than general admission, HAD AT>>9497632 snacks. Had welcome bags, and were the only ones given ballots to vote in the pageant, and the only ones with literally anywhere to sit.
The "professional photographers" camped in ones spot, literally only photographed one spot, and their work speaks for itself here in the thread.
>>
>>9499406
Fuck off, B-chan. Go shit up your C&C thread.
>>
>>9499406
The goodie bags, early entrance and pageant votes were the VIP perks. It was on their site. And the day 1 snacks were still better than starburst on a plate.
>>
>>9499406
sorry the VIPs got to eat your precious snacks before you did, fatty-chan
>>
Savage lol
>>
>>9497345
Was the photographer 5 ft tall?

All the photos are shot so low & look unflattering.
>>
Pay $40 admission to stand around the edges of the room and watch!

Remember when paradiso asked for $5000 and their backer rewards were things like early preregistration?
>>
>>9499441
She sat lol
>>
File: IMG_7749.jpg (1MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7749.jpg
1MB, 4032x3024px
>>9499490
You can see her at the end of the row in this photo, sitting on the ground holding her camera.
>>
>>9499497
CHAIRS FOR VIP ONLY!!!
>>
>>9499406
that's the whole reason to get the VIP ticket. the prints were sweet. I actually loved it there. The hotel was a great place to get coord shots.

>>9499340
lol still no belly dancers, tho
>>
>>
>>9498882
But why is it okay to copy a logo when so many people go crazy with hate over replicas?
>>
>>9500239
Because ~teehee it's funny desu~ or some shit. It's the kind of thing that would be find to do as a small joke for a local comm to give for free as stickers at a meet and not profit off, but the pin design was probably a little bit of photoshop and they're profiting pretty well off it if they're not paying a fortune to have them made.
>>
>>9499550
i usually give a pass to people who look like they aren't experienced with makeup but holy shit this is awful. from the looks of her foundation and eyebrows she really should know better than to paint on giant nike swooshes for eyeliner
>>
>>9500255
As a pin maker I'll tell you right now how much they probably cost per pin including shipping. $2-$3 . So yeah they are making a nice little profit for themselves
>>
>>9500239

>being too dumb to tell the difference between replica and satire

Half the hate for replicas isn’t actually for replicas anyway, it’s because the wearers tend to be obnoxious about it. Lurk the ita/cringe threads, you’ll find several examples of people being stupid, self-entitled or just plain annoying about replicas/burando.
>>
>>9500255
Parody items/concepts are generally exempt from copyright laws due to their nature, so I don't see the problem.
>>
>>9497093
Amazing, they look like a BJD.
>>
>>9497350
She is genuinely such a sweet and also really chill person to be around. She was so happy to interact with guests and become friends with them, it was really sweet.
>>
>>9497762
You sound like a bitter Cakes and Couture attendee lol. The cookies and macarons were provided by a local bakery and they were L I T. Sorry you didn't get any lol
>>
Just here for the ouji contest
*eats popcorn... and red starbust*
>>
>>9500239
>not understanding satire
>>
>>9500260
This is not that bad, go look at kate for reference
>>
>>9500260
That's her style and it isn't badly executed, it's just not to your taste. Full coverage dewy foundation and large cat eye liner are makeup styles, not mistakes.

This is where critique breaks down. You have to be able to leave your tastes out the criticism of the actual coordinate or in this case makeup. It's neat, her blending looks even and the foundation color is good. The eyeliner lines are clean and even, the lip color is not too bold or too light. I would prefer a bolder eyelash style with this look.

Overall, do I like it? Not really, I think it is too heavy and uses the wrong colors to really compliment the coord in general. But is it bad? Nope.
>>
>>9501102
I agree with most of your points but would also have suggested using lipstick or gloss rather than liquid lipstick, the matte doesn't look very good with the dewy foundation.

It's nicely applied though, so that's just really my personal preference. The application itself is clean.
>>
>>9501106
I might have made the liquid lipstick or matte long wearing lipstick choice here too. Since she's a guest, it's several hours with food, she was giving a talk and she probably didn't want to take time checking it or touching it up. Her liner and shadow look matte so it's consistent.
I'm not sure how Misako manages with using 3 lip products and keeping those shiny lips perfect at tea parties.
>>
>it's all the photographers fault
Oh sweeties
>>
>>9501102
Get out. Her eyebrows look like bad cholla brows. They do not work with her face she has the same shade all through the brow and never feathered the inner ends to look remotely natural. They don't look good in shape on her face and don't work with her hair which doesn't work with her outfit. It's a mess just with the eyebrows. Her wing isn't even from eye to eye. It looks too thick and her hooded eyes are not doing that wing any favors. It's not the right style of wing for her eyes at all. Her eyeshadow could use more work because it doesn't look that great here but it's passable. The dewy look isn't right and just looks like a greasy face that needs blotting paper work on it. The lip color is all I don't care for since it's a neutral pink shade. Also don't think she's wearing blush which would put more warmth and innocence to her face. For someone's who a fashion e-celebrity she's got some bad makeup skills she hasn't improved on in years.
>>
Let me know when there's a video up
>>
>>9501276
Those are all subjective style choices. People like different things, imagine that.
But thank you for participating, here is a fuck I can give you, might be my last one though.
>>
>>9502520
>doesn't give any fucks
>still responds

Hello batty (or possibly that dyke friend that shit talks and defends her). Sorry you can't leave shit alone. Having fun picking fights? You do damned good at throwing fits but do horrible in defending your opinions. Stay salty.
>>
>>9502915
>that dyke friend that shit talks and defends her
Are they still friends? Kat talks shit about her all the time. Why would you put up with a "friend" like that.
>>
>>9503055
They still talk on Facebook. They both talk shit about eachother here. the way the "that's subjective" anon writes is very similar to how she writes and speaks. Botan chan was her maid name if I remember. When she came back into the Arizona community my eyes couldn't roll harder. Then shortly after her re-entry all the old AF pictures in the dead introduction folder ended up in an ita thread. She's obviously trying to stir shit where there isn't any. So not surprised that she would be stirring shit when defending AND possibly double posting as salt anon shit slinging at batty.
>>
So as to not turn this in to another Batty shitfest thread, any more photos of coords from the event or fashion show?
>>
The other photographer posted their event photos. This one has photos of each of the princes in the pageant.
>>
There were three different parts of the pageants that the contestants roleplayed through playing their parts.
1. Introducing themselves
2. Dating game style questionnaire
3. "wooing a princess" in a 90 second or less skit interacting with one of the staffers being their princess.
>>
I think one person that signed up to be in the pageant ended up not participating. Idk.
>>
>>
>>
This boy veered from script and instead of wooing the brolita princess assigned to him he gave a shout out to his girlfriend, who was in a coordinate matching his as the sun to his moon. It was really cute.
>>
>>
The photographers took very very few photos of attendees, which was such a shame at an event where everyone was dressed up.
>>
>>
>>9503149
Where all the people attending fatty chans? I see like 5 in this picture alone.
>>
>>9503142
Are you sure that is a brolita? I'm not so sure.
>>
>>9503149
>terrible wigs everywhere
>>
>>9503166
heard him speak and 100% brolita
>>
>>9503130
>>9503132
>>9503133
>>9503135
>>9503139
>>9503142
>>9503146
>>9503149
>>9503159
These photogs are garbage. Too much flash saturation drowning out people's faces and making them look even worse then they actually are. I could get better color saturation and true colors with my phone then they did with these photos. What they do? Put an ad on a phone poll saying "photographer wanted"
>>
REEEEEEEEEEEEE why would they be sitting on the ground?!
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>9503130
girls on left would make great reaction image for stale dramu shitting up threads
>>
>>9503206
wow! this looks like non-alt runway fashion.
not very lolita but her posture and face are incredible.
I could see this as like, ero aristo if the bra was red and the shoes were fancier. needs some jewelry too.

I'd love to see her move into lolita so she could be my new lolita crush.
>>
>>
>>
The final designer was pop kei rather than lolita but was met with very mixed reactions.
>>
>>9503206
You. Can. See. Her. Bra

Wtf.
>>
>>9503246
It's ero lolita.
It fits with the hair and the rest of the styling.
>>
>>9503261
Showing a white normie bra underneath a see-through shirt can hardly qualify as ero lolita. Nothing else in this coord hints that ero was the end goal.
>>
What in holy upskirt.... what! Is the photographer thinking?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FwY37ni-LE&feature=share
Hello Batty posted her video. Please talk about the event and not her like goddamn.
>>
>>9503268
maybe it's one of those "looked opaque until the camera flash" mishaps.
>>
>>9503322
I find this a lot more believable than the anon who keeps saying this is ero.
>>
>>9503321
Not going to boost her view count. Someone give me the foot notes because I'm not supporting this bait to increase her views.
>>
>>9503237
Sauce on this dress?
>>
>>9503322
Who would wear a white bra under a black blouse to begin with? Does no one wear a undershirt under their blouse to prevent possible mishaps?
>>
>>9503405
Mighty Kingdom Couture
>>
>>9503412
The models weren't lolitas. They probably didn't know what they were wearing before they got there.
>>
>>9503321
>asks for hello batty to talk about the event and not herself
>posts link to video where she gets revenue for views
>Batty is known to self post here to gain more traffic to her YouTube and to gain more attention on her posts.

Go away batty. No one cares.
>>
>>9503419
That blouse is not a "looks opaque" material. It is sheer and who ever dressed her doesn't know shit about the fashion if she thought this was acceptable.
>>
>>9496001
I need sauce on that skirt immediately
>>
>>9503613
Lief - Gardenberries
>>
>>9503242
i died for this model. she was so amazing.
>>
>>9503419
Yeah you could definitely tell by how they walked.
>>
Day 2 looks like it went way better, shame the whole timeframe for the event was so short on Sunday.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vE8CHrvFyyY
>>
>>9505758
Also a Batty video. So no one gets baited.
>>
>>9503419
Not enough models for the amount of pieces sent by designers so regular models had been brought in. However, all models had been sent images of the pieces they would be wearing as well as how to coordinate them.

The normal models were very also unprepared and unprofessional, complained that it wasn't good enough of an event for them, were rude to members actually part of the community, etcetera. One model even brought her kid and didn't bother to watch or discipline her when she was disturbing models and making messes.
>>
>>9505889
Doing gods work anon. Now I know not to bother to click it and give here more views.
>>
>>9499498
Anyone could sit in the chairs actually. They were only for VIP during the pageant.
>>
File: herpderp.png (72KB, 176x179px) Image search: [Google]
herpderp.png
72KB, 176x179px
>>9503149
I'm sorry I had to
>>
>>9503221
Ask and you shall receive

But besides memeing I'm not even a photograph and I can tell these pics are fucking terrible for someone who calls themselves a photograph
>>
File: ohlookthisshitagain.png (135KB, 239x221px) Image search: [Google]
ohlookthisshitagain.png
135KB, 239x221px
>>9505968
dropped it, fug
>>
File: thisiswhatweredoingnow.png (262KB, 651x604px) Image search: [Google]
thisiswhatweredoingnow.png
262KB, 651x604px
>>9497345
Thread posts: 156
Thread images: 48

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.